Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC (3057 Views)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Tinubu, Fayemi, Ikuforiji & Alake At Democratic Party Convention / Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by Delafruita(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2012
cytell Property:

Am sure you are a Pro Tinubu campaigner, cos what you raised has not in anyway clarified your claims.
perhaps you're deficient in comprehending simple logic so lemme break it down for you.
the article came from african examiner online.my simple google check reveals the african examiner claims 2 different publishers,addresses and phone numbers although it has the same editor-in-chief.that simply shows their genuity is in doubt.

secondly,they quote the news verbatim from sharpedgenews.com which is published by dimeji abitogun.here's a quote from a fellow journalist on dimeji-

" I will respectfully decline journalism lessons from Dimeji as this will amount to a catechist trying to preach the gospel to the Pope!
That said, I still maintain that publishing unverified and misleading information on the Nigerian diplomatic missions in the United States and the waggish contempt and disrespect for Ambassador Adefuye amounted to pathological recklessness on the part of Abitogun and the so-called sharpedgenews.com.Dimeji has since done a 360; the motivation for reversal is a tale that will told another day.
However,for the sake of argument, let's concede to Dimeji the rightto his absurdly over-the-top assault on Ambassador Adefuye's character which I found weirdly self-deprecating and reflexively hubristic for a man who had fed from Amb. Adefuye's kitchen.
In our reporting, we merely pointed out that Dimeji's anti-Adefuye posturing was lacking in civility, ill-advised, selfishly motivated, counter-productive and severely damaging in its consequences.
But in his characteristic style, Dimeji proved incorrigible in his wrong-doing. It is unfortunate that after peddling lies and rumors that the Nigerian embassy accounts in the USA were frozen because of money-laundering activities by Ambassador Adefuye, ostensibly to blackmail and extort, Dimeji continues to extol professional mediocrity, materialistic woolliness, consummate greed, tribal expediency, and self-centered pedestrianism. This is quite understandable; our self-acclaimed journalism genius of travesty has neither a sense of professional elocution nor taste or good breeding."

"Can Dimeji be honest enough to tell the public the circumstances under which Ambassador Adefuye gave him $500.00in Chicago?"

is that the kind of 'journalist" whose "news" should be taken seriously?
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by truth4meal(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
Didier King: To make matter worse he abandoned his competent traditional attire and trade mark fila to match for this inapt western attire...Just wondering if the Yoruba leader is now teaching Yoruba youths to disown their own culture...American wannabes
so are u saying ur father died wearing leaves or leopard skin? Mr culture
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by truth4meal(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
Da infamous: hahahahaha their is no way a criminal, a thief, will ever tells the truth. The man is a criminal....But this man tiefumbu have tried and convince some die hard follower's that want to be like him,well his admirers should forget that because our generation will not allow it...
even if d news which is obviously a ruse is true-did d paper say Tinubu stole 5000 @ d convention? Y tag him a thief over a report dat is as baseless as ur thought base...and talking abt some pple wanting to be like him; wow! Y won't one want to be like Asiwaju ...evn ur father will want to be like him
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by MrGlobe2: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
THIS IS WHY I KEEP SAYING THE MODERATORS OF NAIRALAND ARE BIGOTS!!!!! I HAVE NO APOLOGIES....

Tinubu SECURES GOLDEN TICKET TO DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION ------------------ HOMEPAGE

Tinubu'S PICTURES AT THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION ----------ZOOM--------- HOMEPAGE

Tinubu LIED ABOUT OBAMA'S INVITATION TO DEMOCRATIC PARTY CONVENTION SAYS DNC (WITH 2 PAGES) -------- HIDDEN IN THE POLITICS SECTION..

YOU BIGOTS SHOULD KEEP SUPPORTING Tinubu AS HE CONTINUES TO RENDER EACH AND EVERY YOROBAMAN POOR.

YOU CAN HIDE OR DELETE THI9S HARMLESS POST... CORNY PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by truth4meal(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
cytell Property: I am not surprised by what Tinubu & Co is doing to gain attention.
I have always doubted his sincerity. They try to paint every other person as a "DEVIL" and paint themselves as "SAINTS".
We all know how he siphoned funds and is still siphoning funds that belongs to Lagos State.
In as much as am not trying to praise the ruling party, Tinubu & Co are not clean.
at last someone knows how Tinubu siphoned Lagos state fund; oya go and tell GEJ or EFCC...mumu
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by truth4meal(m): 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mr. Globe2:
THIS IS WHY I KEEP SAYING THE MODERATORS OF NAIRALAND ARE BIGOTS!!!!! I HAVE NO APOLOGIES....

Tinubu SECURES GOLDEN TICKET TO DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION ------------------ HOMEPAGE

Tinubu'S PICTURES AT THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION ----------ZOOM--------- HOMEPAGE

Tinubu LIED ABOUT OBAMA'S INVITATION TO DEMOCRATIC PARTY CONVENTION SAYS DNC (WITH 2 PAGES) -------- HIDDEN IN THE POLITICS SECTION..

YOU BIGOTS SHOULD KEEP SUPPORTING Tinubu AS HE CONTINUES TO RENDER EACH AND EVERY YOROBAMAN POOR.

YOU CAN HIDE OR DELETE THI9S HARMLESS POST... CORNY PEOPLE
how credible is the source of the rubbish u want on d frontpage? Is dis an official statement from Obama campaign group or is it from reliable source like AP,CNN and co? See am nt holding brief for Seun o but u dnt expect dis "slander" on the frontpage till other credible new media report it...I knw u hate him bt don't do d same mistake ur fore-father did dat cost ur folks 3 million pple - dnt be driven by hate
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by nku5: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
Honestly I don't give a toss about your party or any other . Why do you ACN people on this site (and I am starting to believe in real life) play the ethnic card at EVERY given opportunity. People like beaf used to say such things and I thought he was just trolling.

Gbawe:

Establish the ethnic origin of those who are quickest to speak here most vehemently, in by far the largest number, and you have your answer regarding indoctrination that leads some to hate and comment blindly without engaging their brain.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by MrGlobe2: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
truth4meal: how credible is the source of the rubbish u want on d frontpage? Is dis an official statement from Obama campaign group or is it from reliable source like AP,CNN and co? See am nt holding brief for Seun o but u dnt expect dis "slander" on the frontpage till other credible new media report it...I knw u hate him bt don't do d same mistake ur fore-father did dat cost ur folks 3 million pple - dnt be driven by hate
HOW CREDIBLE TOO WAS THE STORY THAT HE SECURED A GOLDEN TICKET TO THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION AND WHAT SOURCE DID IT COME FROM (OTHER THAN HIS OWN NATION NEWSPAPERS) BEFORE IT WAS MOVED STRAIGHT TO THE HOMEPAGE!! YOU ARE MAKING NO SENSE
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by Delafruita(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

HOW CREDIBLE TOO WAS THE STORY THAT HE SECURED A GOLDEN TICKET TO THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION AND WHAT SOURCE DID IT COME FROM (OTHER THAN HIS OWN NATION NEWSPAPERS) BEFORE IT WAS MOVED STRAIGHT TO THE HOMEPAGE!! YOU ARE MAKING NO SENSE
so channels television is not a credible source
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by EkoIle1: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Another tabloid rubbish with infatuated Tinubu lovers and disgruntled elements.

You clowns love this man so much that you can not stop talking about him even though he's not a public official and he's not responsible for your lives.........dumb Nigerians
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by MrGlobe2: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Delafruita:
so channels television is not a credible source
NATION NEWSPAPERS BROKE THE STORY. CHECK THE THREAD ON NAIRALAND. IT MAY HAVE BEEN CARRIED BY CHANNELS TELEVISION. BUT Tinubu'S NEWSPAPER NATION BROKE THE STORY
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by truth4meal(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

NATION NEWSPAPERS BROKE THE STORY. CHECK THE THREAD ON NAIRALAND. IT MAY HAVE BEEN CARRIED BY CHANNELS TELEVISION. BUT Tinubu'S NEWSPAPER NATION BROKE THE STORY
are u comparing d credibity of Nation Newspaper to dat online gutter of a tabloid? Dnt even make me use dis as a yardstick to rate ur intelligence PH...cos u did score a screaming zero
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by Gbawe: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
nku5: Honestly I don't give a toss about your party or any other . Why do you ACN people on this site (and I am starting to believe in real life) play the ethnic card at EVERY given opportunity. People like beaf used to say such things and I thought he was just trolling.

Believe what you want. You are a damn hypocrite for insinuating Yorubas play the ethnic card but I am not surprised given the capacity of folks like you for paranoia and self-deciet.

While all Nigerians , including your folks, adjudge the Yorubas most accomodating and most religiosly tolerant, etc,etc, folks like you are here denying reality and deceitfully labelling them the "most tribalist", "most intolerant" etc.

You all should explain the "tribalism" that faciliate the much admired and liberal "live-and-let-live" attitude common throughout the SW that every Nigerian ethnic group is benefitting from. It is never nice to malign gracious and accomodating people , to the extent of peddling lies, simply because they are laid back and because you harbour a historical and vengeful grudge against them. That is what I see on this forum and that is what leads me to stand up and defend my people.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by MrGlobe2: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
truth4meal: are u comparing d credibity of Nation Newspaper to dat online gutter of a tabloid? Dnt even make me use dis as a yardstick to rate ur intelligence PH...cos u did score a screaming zero
Tinubu owns the Nations Newspapers for all I care so its not unusual for Tinubu to use it to push his agenda considering the Nigerian slavery mentality where people worship or are forced to worship their employers. Just the way that awolowo's wife saga with the newspaper went
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
they dont need to embarrass the man nah, after all he donated money grin
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by nku5: 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
Nobody is"insinuating" jack shyte! Spare me the bulldung. I don't understand the novel you just wrote. And WHERE in my post did I say ANYTHING about yorubas in this post. Did I say yorubas play the ethnic oga? I said ACN members like YOU play the ethnic card so I don't understand this gibberish, foaming at the mouth apology of a post you poured out with such disastrous eloquence. YOU are the quintessential hypocrite for yanking tribalism into an unrelated statement and wailing how others are bigots. Answer me NOW is ACN now YORUBA??

You have the gall to talk about paranoia and self deceit? Abi u just found another golden opportunity to squeeze some bigotry into the mix

Gbawe:

Believe what you want. You are a damn hypocrite for insinuating Yorubas play the ethnic card but I am not surprised given the capacity of folks like you for paranoia and self-deciet.

While all Nigerians , including your folks, adjudge the Yorubas most accomodating and most religiosly tolerant, etc,etc, folks like you are here denying reality and deceitfully labelling them the "most tribalist", "most intolerant" etc.

You all should explain the "tribalism" that faciliate the much admired and liberal "live-and-let-live" attitude common throughout the SW that every Nigerian ethnic group is benefitting from. It is never nice to malign gracious and accomodating people , to the extent of peddling lies, simply because they are laid back and because you harbour a historical and vengeful grudge against them. That is what I see on this forum and that is what leads me to stand up and defend my people.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by Orikinla(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
I am not surprised. grin
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by DuduNegro: 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
Didier King: A USA based media outfit just reported that contrary to Bola Tinubu's claim that he was invited by Obama for the Democratic Party Convention, that he paid $5000 to obtain a generic invitation. The invitation was given to everyone who donated more than $5,000 to the Obama campaign the source disclosed. The media outfit had this to say about Tinubu:

“This gentleman is not like your popular national icon,
businessman Moshood Abiola, who was well-grounded and at
home with many people in government and private sector.
Americans don’t want to be dragged into the affairs of any country
through personal preferences. The man probably did what he had
to do in order to gain access to the convention ground.”

The last sentence made me laugh. Please read the full report in the link below: No wonder he was taking a photo pose of himself all over the convention. But the guy na strategist sha o

http://africanexaminer.com/tinubu0908

American political parties are prohibited from accepting foreign donations, contributions or gifts to candidates or the party institution.

1. So how is it that DNC issued multiple invitation cards to its convention in exchange for donations from individuals/party in Nigeria? Won't that clearly be a violation of the American law?

2. Beside inauguration, the conventions are always a single gathering of the highest number of congregating government officials and assets outside the security-tight Washington DC. After the Oklahoma bombing new security measures were introduced to protect government assets. That rule was further intenaified after 9/11 to include a total background and audit of credentialed persons attending such gatherings. Conventions are classified as Federal Jurisdictions and is commanded by FBI, SS, and ATF but operated by local police.

An invitation is a credential. How is it that Tinubu and his team passed FBI ,SS and ATF audits if he is suh a crook he is portrayed to be by this online news magazine? More importantly, why didn't the audit pick up on a conflict of interest relationship if indeed one existed?
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by DuduNegro: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
Journalists went witch huntig on Tinubu and the first perception of a wrog doing got their adrenaline pumping.......they concocted a nice make believe story sweetened with polarity to Abiola to bring Tinubu down. These journalista should have been thorough in their reporting. Their credibility, not Tinubu's is in question.

We need explanation for why DNC issued invitations in flagrant violation of US law and why Tinubu and his invited team passed scrutiny by FBI, SS and ATF. Waiting..........

O'dua is pushing forward, haters go quench!
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by malignant1: 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
Delafruita:
nairalnders just believe any news again tinubu.the article was so ridiculous and i had to check out the publishers.

on one account they claim-
African Examiner Online is owned by RD Frontline LLC, a state of Maryland registered company
P. O. Box 11582 Baltimore, Maryland, 21229, USA Tel: 443-904-1239. Editor-In-Chief: Oludare Sunday Fase

on another account they claim-
African Examiner is an online publication of S. O & T Communications LLC
P.O.BOX 2445, Landover Hills,
MD, 20784, USA
301-803-8033

i wonder how this ridiculous "gossip column" with no known address then becomes a more credible source.

besides,irrespective of the criteria emplyed,was tinubu invited to the DNC or not?YES HE WAS.

pls attack the message and don't expend your energy on discrediting the messenger.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by malignant1: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Journalists went witch huntig on Tinubu and the first perception of a wrog doing got their adrenaline pumping.......they concocted a nice make believe story sweetened with polarity to Abiola to bring Tinubu down. These journalista should have been thorough in their reporting. Their credibility, not Tinubu's is in question.

We need explanation for why DNC issued invitations in flagrant violation of US law and why Tinubu and his invited team passed scrutiny by FBI, SS and ATF. Waiting..........

Tinubu is no different from other tourists that visited US during the Democratic convention. Ofcourse, he was invited to add to the local economy. Can you provide evidence that Tinubu met with any top official in his capacity as a leader of the opposition party in Nigeria? Besides, remember that Americans don't deal directly with oppositions in foreign land.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by nduchucks: 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

US laws may not have been violated because Tinubu was invited to the convention. If a person schooled in the USA and then worked for American companies Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation for almost 5 years upon the completion of his education, as Tinubu did, then that person must have obtained the status of a US permanent resident.

Unless you can prove that Tinubu is not a US permanent resident, then Tinubu could have made the over $5,000 contribution to the Obama campaign which led to the invitation to the convention. Many many Lagos state officials are US permanent residents - this is not unusual at all.

You don't get to work for the companies listed above for 5 years without being a US permanent resident.

Even you, with your US permanent resident status can choose to quit your Wall Street Corporate Law practice (Experts in derivatives design),return home, become a governor, contribute $5,000 to a republican candidate and get invited to a republican convention. kini big deal?
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by FSU: 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Tinubu the ACN leader, the leader of the Yoruba, is a cheap liar. But am not surprised, he is behaving true to type. I know a Yoruba guy who arrived from Nigeria only nine months ago with an F1 visa, and so is 1000% ineligible to vote. Right now in his face book page is the statement ''I am voting for my president, Barrack Obama''. The other time they claim YabaTech is the oldest institution of higher learning in Africa and third oldest in the world. I weak for Yoruba fufil oh!!
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by karlmax2: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
Here is another source this Time a nigerian new paper Leadership news paper

Convention: Democrats Deny Giving Gold Card Invitation To Tinubu, Others
Sat, 08/09/2012 - 1:19pm | ABIODUN OLUWAROTIMI

United States President and the sole presidential candidate of the Democratic Party in the forthcoming US election, Mr. Barrack Obama did not personally or officially invite the national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN}, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, or any other politician from Africa to attend the just concluded national convention of the Democrats in Charlotte, North Carolina, a top official of the Democratic Party told LEADERSHIP SUNDAY.

The official who prefered not to be mentioned, told our United States Bureau Chief in a telephone conversation that it was a mere speculation that President Barrack Obama personally sent a 'gold card invitation' to Senator Bola Tinubu and some politicians across the African continent in order for them to attend the convention which ended on Thursday.

He also added that the likes of Bola Tinubu were automatically qualified to attend the National Convention of the Democrats because they had donated more than 5,000 US Dollars to the campaign organisation of President Barrack Obama who will fly the flag of the party in the November 2012 presidential election in the United States.

He further said that the invitation that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu used to attend the convention was the normal generic one sent out to all donors by the Barrack Obama campaign organisation, stressing that the US president will soon react on the rumour making the round that he had adopted the leadership style of a particular political party in Nigeria, a reason he reportedly invited Bola Tinubu on the rumoured gold card invitation to attend the convention.

"The United States government will never allow itself to be dragged into local politics of any region or country. Several politicians from other parties in Nigeria also attended the Democrats' convention in Charlotte with the same kind of invitation got by Mr. Tinubu because they had donated the required funds to the Obama campaign team. None of them, including Mr. Tinubu was given a special treatment during the convention. President Barrack Obama did not privately meet with any of them to discuss the local politics in their country, so the issue of special interest or preference did not arise" the source noted.

The official also debunked the newspaper publications in Nigeria that the US President actually invited Bola Tinubu to attend the convention of the Democrats in his capacity as the leader of opposition party in Nigeria and in order to show the total loyalty of the US government to his party in Nigeria..

It would be recalled that some newspapers had early last week reported that US President, Mr. Barrack Obama, had personally extended “a gold card invitation” to the Chieftain and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN}, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in order for him to attend the Democratic Party national convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.

It was also claimed by the ACN leader's media aides that the Democratic Party indeed invited him to attend its just concluded national convention because of his position as the leader of the opposition in Nigeria.

One of his media aide, Mr. Sunday Dare was quoted in some newspapers reports as saying:  “Tinubu  will be at the ring side as the Democratic Party conduct activities that will culminate in the nomination of President Barrack Obama as its candidate for the November 2012 Presidential elections in the USA.”

“Tinubu receives a gold card invitation which is prime and with this, he will be joined by three other eminent personalities – Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state, Speaker Lagos state House of Assembly Adeyemi Ikuforiji and former Commissioner for 
Information and Strategy in Lagos state, Mr Dele Alake.” 

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/34460/2012/09/08/convention_democrats_deny_giving_gold_card_invitation_tinubu_others.html
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
This reminds me of an episode on Boondocks...
SAVE US OBAMA - Riley Freeman
grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by FSU: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
DEVELOPING STORY: How Tinubu Got to DNC’s Convention in North Carolina
Thursday, 06 September 2012 10:22

Sharpedgenews.com in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the Democratic National Committee is holding its 2012 convention, has obtained proof that contrary to news being sold in Nigeria, President Barack Obama did not personally extend what has been dubbed “a gold card invitation” to notable Nigerian politician, Mr. Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

DNC sources irked by the suggestive news reports which is being interpreted that Barack Obama may have extended a preferential invitation to Mr. Tinubu in spite of similar politicians in his native country of Nigeria said that such notion was further from reality as was alleged that the ACN leader

The DNC source explained to sharpedgenews.com that the invite that was given to Tinubu was a generic type that similarly went to whomever donated more than $5,000 to the Obama campaign.

“The invitation card went to Tinubu, the former senator from Nigeria, was generic and it generally goes from the campaign organization and not personally from President Obama,” the highly placed source explained under condition of anonymity.

The source told sharpedgenews.com that it would be difficult for anyone to implicate Obama in attemots at foisting a preferred leadership on Nigeria or Africa as that would negate the philosophy of Washington’s new international engagement.

“Nigerians are capable of determining its destiny,” said the source.

The source said that politicians are free to strategize, while explaining that “it is immoral to deceive anyone that we are who we are not.”

“This gentleman is not like your popular national icon, businessman Moshood Abiola, who was well-grounded and at home with many people in government and private sector. Americans don’t want to be dragged into the affairs of any country through personal preferences. The man probably did what he had to do in order to gain access to the convention ground.”

The former governor of Lagos State has junketed in a private jet from Nigeria to Chicago in Illinois, Tampa in Florida, Washington DC to London and back to Charlotte, North Carolina in the last two weeks. The Reverend Jesse Jackson is seen as his anchor for a book launch and attendance at the DNC convention.

http://www.sharpedgenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=1651&Itemid=23
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by solomon111(m): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
LOL @ the so-called 'progressives'.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by DuduNegro: 5:42am On Sep 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

US laws may not have been violated because Tinubu was invited to the convention. If a person schooled in the USA and then worked for American companies Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation for almost 5 years upon the completion of his education, as Tinubu did, then that person must have obtained the status of a US permanent resident.

Unless you can prove that Tinubu is not a US permanent resident, then Tinubu could have made the over $5,000 contribution to the Obama campaign which led to the invitation to the convention. Many many Lagos state officials are US permanent residents - this is not unusual at all.

You don't get to work for the companies listed above for 5 years without being a US permanent resident.

Even you, with your US permanent resident status can choose to quit your Wall Street Corporate Law practice (Experts in derivatives design),return home, become a governor, contribute $5,000 to a republican candidate and get invited to a republican convention. kini big deal?

I think you are correct on eligibility to give political contributions, however you missed critical keywords in the newsmagazine coverage charging Tinubu with deception.

You have read my response, now read the newsmagazine article and you will see their bs.

Here is a hint. US permanent resident or not, as head of a foreign political organization Tinubu's entry and activities in US gets a quasi-diplomatic status. Under that status he can not engage in political transactions on the American soil. He can observe political gathering but any transaction with any of the US political party has to be done under written contract and is auditable.

I aaid it before but I will say it again in caae you miased it......this whole thing is a partnership on policy and not on politics. The witch hunters dont know the difference and so they are reporting falsehood and charging Tinubu with decwption. The yanmiris are not as skilled in political understanding as they are in the art of kidnapping ao their response has been to flood the internet with Tinubu's name. Tinubu is more popular than GEJ and the exposure ia good for him.....he has become a household name for good or bad.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC by remarkD(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2012
do you really think that the issue here is whether he was invited to the convention or not?
Delafruita:
nairalnders just believe any news again tinubu.the article was so ridiculous and i had to check out the publishers.

on one account they claim-
African Examiner Online is owned by RD Frontline LLC, a state of Maryland registered company
P. O. Box 11582 Baltimore, Maryland, 21229, USA Tel: 443-904-1239. Editor-In-Chief: Oludare Sunday Fase

on another account they claim-
African Examiner is an online publication of S. O & T Communications LLC
P.O.BOX 2445, Landover Hills,
MD, 20784, USA
301-803-8033

i wonder how this ridiculous "gossip column" with no known address then becomes a more credible source.

besides,irrespective of the criteria emplyed,was tinubu invited to the DNC or not?YES HE WAS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PPPRA: Nigeria Has Saved N671billion In Subsidy Claims In 10months!! / Why Does Buhari Keep Running And Running For President? / Nigeria Christain Just Got Served

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.