Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

My Brake Pad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Brake Pad (2128 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Brake Pad Job(BMW 318Ci) / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brake Pad by ijigbamigb(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
I drive a Toyota Corolla LE 2004. Some days ago, I went for my routine car-servicing, and my mech told me my brake pads needed to be changed, which i gave him 4k to do that immediately. He did, and the next day I could hear a sound each time i press the brake while on motion...I went back to him and he told me the noise will stop later. THIS the 9th day and the noise is still there...Please what do I DO?
Re: My Brake Pad by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2012
Noise from brakes are definitely not normal. Can you describe the noise?

Are you comfortable in taking off the wheel? If so look to see how much pads you have on either side of the discs.
Re: My Brake Pad by sultaan(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
Two things could be wrong

Either the wrong brakes , improper install, or substandard brakes.

or if its the right brakes, its a low quality type, and he did no apply brake grease/shim

Look at the link below, those shim in the pics, plate backing on pad and grease is used to keep brakes quiet.

You may have a different mechanic look at your brakes not sure if its possible to buy oem pads from dealer Elizade.

http://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-change-your-brake-pads.html
Re: My Brake Pad by nissparts(m): 12:57am On Sep 11, 2012
N4000= substandard brake pads
Re: My Brake Pad by phemmy26(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
It happens to me also. In the morning when i am about to go out, as i reverse the car, each time i press the brakes....it makes noise but after a while like 5 mins....it stops after driving it for like 5 mins or so...what could be the problem?
Re: My Brake Pad by sultaan(m): 12:39am On Sep 13, 2012
phemmy26: It happens to me also. In the morning when i am about to go out, as i reverse the car, each time i press the brakes....it makes noise but after a while like 5 mins....it stops after driving it for like 5 mins or so...what could be the problem?

How about .....brakes?!

if you don't fix it now read this thread you will need it

https://www.nairaland.com/1013330/what-when-brakes-fail/1
Re: My Brake Pad by ijigbamigb(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
phemmy26: It happens to me also. In the morning when i am about to go out, as i reverse the car, each time i press the brakes....it makes noise but after a while like 5 mins....it stops after driving it for like 5 mins or so...what could be the problem?

Brother, that's the exact probs with mine as well, It makes the annoying noise esp when on the reserve out of my compound in the morning. Later to stop after abt 5 minutes on motion.

I googled the probs, and I found out that it actually means nothing (If the discs r new) and should stop after driving between 300-500miles.

Also I will have another mech examine it again.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of EOD Engine (how Much?) / Your Headlamp Wash Now Available / Brand New Cars For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.