Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP (3233 Views)

APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP / Tinubu Is The MAJOR Problem Of Lagos State / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Sunofgod(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South West has called on Nigerians and the nation's financial institutions to curtail what it referred to as excessive spending of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) led government in the region.

This call was made by Lere Olayinka, the media aide to Chief Segun Oni, the PDP national vice chairman (southwest).

Olayinka said the situation is “plunging the region into huge and embarrassing debts.”

According to the spokesman, “It is only in ACN-controlled states that 1km roads are constructed for outrageous amounts ranging from N400m to over N1bn.”

Olayinka's comments were in response to claims by the Oyo State ACN that the Ibadan township road awarded at N5.8bn was not 4km as claimed, but 9.52km, and that the credentials of Chief Segun Oni as an engineer should be questioned.

Olayinka said, “It is ridiculous that [the construction of] a road that already has an existing lane will be called dualisation, while in actual fact what is being added is another one lane.”

He argued that even if the road in question was actually 9.25km, it remained scandalous that a 9.25km stretch of road was awarded to Bola Tinubu’s Hitech Construction Company at N5.8 billion

“Even in waterlogged Niger-Delta, is one kilometre of road being constructed for over N600m, as is being done in ACN-controlled Southwest States?” Olayinka queried.

“When Segun Oni was governor of Ekiti State, he awarded dualisation of 19km Ado-Iworoko-Ifaki, a near-virgin road, for a little above N6bn. The contract was inclusive of street lights from Ado to Ifaki. It is also on record that apart from Ado-Iworoko-Ifaki dualisation, the average cost per kilometre of road awarded by the Oni-led government was N37m. These roads are still being used up till now and they are in very good condition.

“It is, therefore, alarming that even as admitted by the ACN itself, ‘Challenge Roundabout–Efunsetan Roundabout area, measuring 350m, will cost N509, 003,659.36.’ A 350-metre road costing N509 million? That can only happen under an ACN-controlled government!”

The party said it is on record that Ogun State is on the verge of taking a N100bn bond; Osun is owing over N120bn; Ekiti is owing over N30bn and is rumoured to be planning to take another N30bn, while Lagos State government, as at June 30, 2012, had reportedly accumulated an external debt profile of $517,677,672, despite having a monthly revenue of about N23bn.

The party restated that the trend justified its earlier call that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other financial clearing houses should do everything possible to control the rate at which the ACN states in the South West are obtaining loans.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/acn-plunging-south-west-debt-pdp
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Sunofgod(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
(Yoruba-Land Mods, Dont hesitate to place this on your biased 'Front Page')

Thanks,
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by okosodo: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
at least we are seeing what the debts are used for
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by onatisi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
okosodo: at least we are seeing what the debts are used for
are u sure of that?

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Sunofgod(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
okosodo: at least we are seeing what the debts are used for

You sound like a good 'slave' . . . .
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by seanet01: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sun of god:

You sound like a good 'slave' . . . .
pdp don fail jo
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by onatisi(m): 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
seanet01: pdp don fail jo
what has acnachieved in ibadan or osun
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by obowunmi(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Apart from Fashola --- there is no record of a "good" ACN governor.

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by okosodo: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
onatisi:
are u sure of that?
if pdp comes you will not see the money and you will not see ant project, what would you do?
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Gbawe: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
obowunmi: Apart from Fashola --- there is no record of a "good" ACN governor.

Why do people like you enjoy wallowing in incredible self-deceit? Oshiomhole is doing very well and this is acclaimed by everyone. This would also explain why he gained an overwhelming victory over others in the recent Edo guber elections.

Fayemi, Aregbesola and Amosun , in real terms, are doing well also if we rise above the clannishness that means Nigerians never see what is obvious enough to admit the truth and call a spade a spade.

Aregbesola, for example, delivered an innovative and effective employment program admired and praised universally by even some of the best technocrats who work for international developmental agencies. That alone is an incredible achievement. Yet because of clannish sentiments and a fondness for allowing bias to cloud logic, Nigerians prefer to deny what is obvious. In what continent on Earth has reduction of youth unemployment, for a nation seriously battling joblessness, been considered not noteworthy or not important as folks like you want us believe? Aregbesola, for his employment initiative alone, would be deemed a superstar in Nations where leadership is about a responsive approach to the most serious problems facing society.

You are simply showing incredible bias when you say "there is no record of a good ACN governor". Look at what is written below that is a first in the history of Nigeria and delivered by ACN Governors. DO you guys understand relational judgement at all? Some of you should just learn to call a spade a spade in relation to the reality of your bastardized nation.

https://www.nairaland.com/1041964/ekiti-sets-pace-social-pension

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Apart from Fashola and maybe Oshiomole, all other ACN are embarrassments.

3 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by RichDad1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
obowunmi: Apart from Fashola --- there is no record of a "good" ACN governor.
Out of the 5 ACN governors in south west its only Fasola that is performing right? Ok! Out of the numerous PDP governors how many of them is performing up to Fashola?

1 Like

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Johndoe100(m): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Why do people like you enjoy wallowing in incredible self-deceit?

The only person who is deluded is you. I told you, you are like the neighborhood LovePeddler. We know you and what you are and what you do. Repent and purify yourself.

5 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by PointB: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
From frying pan (PDP) to fire (AC.,N), citizens of SW have truly suffered. Perhaps, LP will rescue them.
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Gbawe: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva: Apart from Fashola and maybe Oshiomole, all other ACN are embarrassments.

It is too easy for folks like you to submit these sort of flippant dismissal that goes unchallenged on this forum everyday. I challenge you, beyond cheap blanket condemnation, to show why ACN "are an embarrassments".

The truth, if you care to engage me, will only reveal that folks like you are vacuous and ill-informed critics who have already made their minds up to be negative because of a mixture of ignorance and bias.

Let me give you a clue before you respond. Youth unemployment is one of Nigeria's biggest problem impacting on crime and much more. An ACN Governor innovatively, and to world acclaim, delivered a model of job provision some of the world's top technocrats are now recommending as a 'prototype' to other African Nations.

Yet people like you come out with silly statements such as "all other ACN are embarrassments".

Look, let us go there. Show you are a man of ideas rather than an empty barrel criticising weakly and emptily. Tell us precisely what you want ACN leaders to do that they are not doing.

5 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by EkoIle1: 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
Another Tinubu love dedication thread.

God Bless Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
God Bless the Great Region of the SW.
God Bless the wonderful people of the SW

Let our enemies remain restless and tormented like we see on NR everyday.

We shall continue to progress while the enemies remain on NL mad and.frustrated with their lives and backward lives and villages.

Amen.
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

It is too easy for folks like you to submit these sort of flippant dismissal that goes unchallenged on this forum everyday. I challenge you, beyond cheap blanket condemnation, to show why ACN "are an embarrassments".

The truth, if you care to engage me, will only reveal that folks like you are vacuous critics who have already made their minds up to be negative because of a mixture of ignorance and bias.

Let me give you a clue before you respond. Youth unemployment is one of Nigeria's biggest problem impacting on crime and much more. An ACN Governor innovatively, and to world acclaim, delivered a model of job provision some of the world's top technocrats are now recommending as a 'prototype' to other African Nations.

Yet people like you come out with silly statements such as "all other ACN are embarrassments".

Look, let us go there. Show you are a man of ideas rather than an empty barrel criticising weakly and emptily. Tell us precisely what you want ACN leaders to do that they are not doing.
Put PDP where you have ACN in your post and answer your own question.

The problem i have with you ACN apologists is that you believe others(PDP) are bad while you're the best thing to happen to Nigeria after Jollof rice. Just accept that other ACN governments apart from the two i stated have performed below par and even worse than some PDP governors that you love to deride.

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Rossikk(m): 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Any links to this?
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Gbawe: 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Put PDP where you have ACN in your post and answer your own question.

The problem i have with you ACN apologists is that you believe others(PDP) are bad while you're the best thing to happen to Nigeria after Jollof rice. Just accept that other ACN governments apart from the two i stated have performed below par and even worse than some PDP governors that you love to deride.

Here we go again. Your reply is total proof you are another vacuous clown steeped in ignorance and mischief. I ask you to show precisely why "ANC are an embarrassment". I expected statistics and relational figures showing failure, fiscal mismanagement , worsening determinant statistics to do with unemployment, healthcare, etc in comparison to what obtained previously. That is how politically sophisticated folks argue and debate. They compare statistics relevant to the determination of economic truths and reality!!!!

Instead the forum can see how you capitulate with the ignorant reply you supply to a question that asked you to prove your case and the misleading submission you are able to make flippantly. Dude, folks like you are a joke. This forum accommodate idiocy too much. "ACN are an embarrassment". Prove it intelligently!!! It is time we begin making people like you own your market-women submissions .

5 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Here we go again. Your reply is total proof you are another vacuous clown steeped in ignorance and mischief. I ask you to show precisely why "ANC are an embarrassment". I expected statistics of failure, fiscal mismanagement , worsening determinant statistics to do with unemployment, healthcare, etc in comparison to what obtained previously. That is how politically sophisticated folks argue and debate. They compare statistics relevant to the determination of economic truths and reality!!!!

Instead the forum can see how you capitulate with the ignorant reply you supply to a question that asked you to prove your case and the misleading submission you are able to make flippantly. Dude, folks like you are a joke.
Why not present statistics that adds credence to your continual posturing of a healthy situation in the ACN political sphere. We're not blind to the development that's going on in places like Lagos, Enugu, Imo, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom so why should we be optically paralized to see the dividends of democracy that's being preached by people like you who so far have refused to present evidence that indeed Osun, Osun Ekiti and Oyo are having good as far as governance goes.
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Gbawe: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Why not present statistics that adds credence to your continual posturing of a healthy situation in the ACN political sphere. We're not blind to the development that's going on in places like Lagos, Enugu, Imo, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom so why should we be optically paralized to see the dividends of democracy that's being preached by people like you who so far have refused to present evidence that indeed Osun, Osun Ekiti and Oyo are having good as far as governance goes.

You are simply a joker. I should provide you with "statistics"? Are you not the one who needs to provide statistics to back up your claim that "ANC are an embarrassment"? How do some of you reason? You make a wild claim and when challenged you cowardly flip the script and expect others to prove your idiotic allegations?

Dude prove your case and I will show comprehensively that you are a clown. Unemployment, for example, is one of the biggest problem of third world nations. A Governor provides an innovative solution that is admired by some of the world's best technocrats and recommended as a viable model for Africa. Yet people like you write off such achievement flippantly as "ANC are an embarrassment". You don't know what you are talking about and you don't appreciate that leadership must always be adjudged successful or failed in relation to how it addresses the most pressing need of society.

1 Like

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

You are simply a joker. I should provide you with "statistics"? Are you not the one who needs to provide statistics to back up your claim that "ANC are an embarrassment"? How do some of you reason? You make a wild claim and when challenged you cowardly flip the script and expect others to prove your idiotic allegations?

Dude prove your case and I will show comprehensively that you are a clown. Unemployment, for example, is one of the biggest problem of third world nations. A Governor provides an innovative solution that is admired by some of the world's best technocrats and recommended as a viable model for Africa. Yet people like you write off such achievement flippantly as "ANC are an embarrassment". You don't know what you are talking about about and you don't appreciate that leadership must be adjudged successful in relation to how it addresses the most pressing need of society.
You've been shouting employment employment everywhere. I guess you're referring to Aregbesola. How come it's so difficult for you to give give us concrete proof that he really employed that much people and that it's not the usual criminal posturing that that has no bearing. He won't be the first person to claim to have employed the whole of Osun state and he won't be the last. We've heard over and over again. Prove me wrong.
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Geniro: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe:

There is no Government that does not have "good things" sycophants can point

Lick your vomit gentle man

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by truth4meal(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
PointB: From frying pan (PDP) to fire (AC.,N), citizens of SW have truly suffered. Perhaps, LP will rescue them.
if dis is sufferness then we rilly nid more of it...I knw u re enjoying abi? Continue. Leave us wit our choice

1 Like

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by truth4meal(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva:
You've been shouting employment employment everywhere. I guess you're referring to Aregbesola. How come it's so difficult for you to give give us concrete proof that he really employed that much people and that it's not the usual criminal posturing that that has no bearing. He won't be the first person to claim to have employed the whole of Osun state and he won't be the last. We've heard over and over again. Prove me wrong.

frm ur name its obvious u re from akwa Ibom, pls can u juts celebrate d only chievement of ur state so far? - dance kukure and let d underdevelopment continue we so much appreciate our SW...am frm Osun state and I knw wat d governor has done wit employment we dnt nid to give u fact or figures it doesn't matter cos we are nt answerable to dumbs like u...ok let's do dis - all my ladies kukere, kukere...
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
truth4meal: frm ur name its obvious u re from akwa Ibom, pls can u juts celebrate d only chievement of ur state so far? - dance kukure and let d underdevelopment continue we so much appreciate our SW...am frm Osun state and I knw wat d governor has done wit employment we dnt nid to give u fact or figures it doesn't matter cos we are nt answerable to dumbs like u...ok let's do dis - all my ladies kukere, kukere...
For not knowing the difference between Afam and Afang soup, it's obvious your brain is full of Afang soup and Akpu. I guess you're another ACN apologist. If you can't provide facts about the employment you keep ranting about then shove your azz down your azz.

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by asha80(m): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva:
For not knowing the difference between Afam and Afang soup, it's obvious your brain if ull of Afang soup and Akpu. I guess you're another ACN apologist. If you can provide facts about the employment you keep ranting about then shove your azz down your azz.

grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by gregg2: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
Gbawe is a big disgrace to humanity. Very irritating.
Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by EkoIle1: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
But why we these losers killing themselves over everything SW?

The front page is full of Tinubu. Now its SW. After spending all your time worrying and showing concern over everything SW, what time do you losers have left to worry about your own backward villages?

This unending love fest for SW is really moving, but this is our SW and we love it. Why you losers won die inside shalanga over our wahala is mind bungling...

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by truth4meal(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva:
For not knowing the difference between Afam and Afang soup, it's obvious your brain if ull of Afang soup and Akpu. I guess you're another ACN apologist. If you can provide facts about the employment you keep ranting about then shove your azz down your azz.
o dun o tongue facts abound, google is not a bigot like u so it will help u out. And to d Afam and Afang don't mind me jawe I dnt knw d difference cos am gud at minding my business which u re bereaved of...let's go kukere kukere

1 Like

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by Akanbiedu(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
PDP SW, dem be dey try to make noise but we no hear.

Bros Jona don Ijawlize major positions, gave the remaining to the BH boys to keep the peace, nothing come remain for the PINDIPIN SW. na hunger go finish you. Ebi nii pa ako aja ku.

2 Likes

Re: ACN (Tinubu) Is Plunging South West Into Huge And Embarrassing Debts - PDP by truth4meal(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
gregg2: Gbawe is a big disgrace to humanity. Very irritating.
are u serious? Ur stupidity is stunning...hypo-craze

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Good Governance tour town hall meeting in nasarawa(Live) / Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug / Obiano Inspects Mega Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.