Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Obiano Inspects Mega Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Inspects Mega Projects (3231 Views)

Obiano Inspects Worldclass Onitsha Mall- Pix / Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. / Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Friday at 12:09pm

On the heels of his first 100 days in office and in furtherance of the objective of continuity, completion, commissioning and commencement of new projects, the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has embarked on inspection tour of projects in parts of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi with a view to improving infrastructure across the state.

The three strategic cities of the state were agog as Governor Obiano inspected ongoing projects and commenced new ones. The governor gave the contractors handling the various projects including the three shopping malls in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi a maximum of 10 months deadline to complete the job.

The projects sites include, the Onitsha shopping mall, which houses mega projects like international hotel, shopping mall and a convention centre and has a capacity to accommodate 5,000 persons. The premises houses Radison Blue, an adjoining hotel project, which is planned as the first world class hospitality spot in Onitsha.

Speaking soon after inspecting the projects, Governor Obiano said that he had extracted commitment from the contractor handling the projects that they would be completed in 10 months’ time, adding that a wide expanse of roads would link the three projects. He stated that the projects would have been ready in three months but for the shoddy performance of the previous contractor, which led to the revocation of the contract and generation of certificates and full mobilisation of the new contractor.

Engr. Emejulu, CEO of Akiota Works Limited to take over and deliver the projects on time.

Governor described the aesthetics look of the projects as very good, pointed out that, when completed, the edifice would compare to Shoprite in Enugu and Shopping Mall in Lagos. According to Obiano “we are going to bring to the State a new shopping experience quite different to the business environment they are used to. The event centre will attract functions from neighbouring States in particular.” Giving further assurance, the Governor said “the entire place will be very important in South-East zone. We have 40 apartment buildings coming up. I thank my predecessor, for having the vision to start the project and we are definitely going to complete it in a record time.”

Speaking to newsmen, the contractor, Engr. Emejulu said that the original plan of the contract was to have about 90 rooms, but following adjustments made by authorities of Radisson Blue, the number of rooms increased to 150 rooms. He said the project was at the 7th floor stage, assuring that the job would be ready in January, 2014, as according to him, government had shown enough zeal to carry out the projects and fully mobilized his firm for the contract as agreed.

Similarly, governor Obiano in keeping with his Vision “for Anambra State to become the 1st Choice Investment Destination and a hub for industrialization and commercial activities and his Mission “to create a socially stable, business friendly environment that will attract both indigenes & foreigners to seek wealth creating opportunities in Anambra State, stormed the Anambra International Market Oba in Idemili South Local Government Area of the State to inspect the extent of work at the site.

Governor Obiano assured that his administration would do everything possible turn the site into a hub of commercial activity, added that the recent provision of power supply in the market would improve business activities, and appreciated the foresight of the initiators and the provision of dual carriageway of about two kilometres within the market, with facilities that can take up to 1000 parked vehicles. Said Governor Obiano “This is clearly an international market; it will be interlocked and provided with infrastructureslike light. When completed, this market will go a long way in helping to decongest the ever busy Onitsha main market.”

Responding, the Group Executive Chairman of Bulkham Group, Bukar M. Hassan, assured that 1,600 stalls proposed for the market would be ready by December this year, extolling the foresightednessof the Governor which he said is a motivational factor for the group to excel in the execution of the project.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Governor Willie Obiano was and received by equally enthusiastic residents and traders at Nnewi as he stormed the Shoprite Centre located at the former Nkwo-Nnewi Triangle where he appreciated the pioneering business wizardly of the indigenes of the area led by the late Sir Louis Philip Odumegwu-Ojukwu, whom he recalled was so successful in business that when the Queen of England visited Nigeria many decades ago, he offered the Federal government his personal Rolls Royce Car to chauffer her.

The Governor told the contracting firm, traders, residents and natives that he came on an inspection visit to assess the ongoing work, noting that “what we are constructing here is unprecedented. We don’t have this type of Mall anywhere. The car park is on top of the Mall, It is a befitting edifice to support the business acumen of Nnewi people”

Continued the governor: “Nnewi people are enterprising. We are giving them a Mall so that they can have a befitting business experience. The building will be completed by December this year while business will commence in April 2015. Governor Obiano assured that the road around the site would be dualized in anticipation of an increase in traffic, expressing confidence that the premises would take any number of vehicle given the fact that vehicles would be parked on top of the project while cultural activities of the people would also take place on top of the project.

Governor Obiano called on the people to support the All Progressives Grand Alliance and his government, the governor assured that he would continue with the projects started by his predecessor n the spirit of continuity, stressing that the “we are trying to introduce some other ways of doing business in a comfortable atmosphere,” adding that his administration was highlighting security one of its enablers for which the Operation Nkpochapu had been moved to Nnewi and fully mobilized for operations.

He emphasized, “we are still mopping up after some of the hoodlums relocated from Onitsha and we will not tolerate this kind of miscreants in Anambra State,” and urged the people in the area to do their business without hitches.

Speaking while receiving the Governor the Nnewi North Local Government Chairman, Chief Emeka Ojukwu junior thank him for coming to Nnewi to ensure that projects are going according to plan and assured that the local Government and the people are delighted with his stewardship and development projects.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6447467520

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiano seems to be one governor in a hurry to deliver. However, he should not forget the health and education sector. So far, so good.

13 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by ChinoElects: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Anambra can only get better..

Anambra adigo mma!

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Great development in anambra

Hope he puts sidewalks on the streets of anambra sha

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
WILL THIS STOP Igbos FROM TROOPING TO SOUTH WEST TO SURVIVE, HUSTLE?
Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP: WILL THIS STOP Igbos FROM TROOPING TO SOUTH WEST TO SURVIVE, HUSTLE?
how do you do this? Do you wait on nairaland for threads containing "igbo" to jump on or what?.. what is your game? Is it that you have nothing else to think about other than the igbos? Ma dear,you have a serious mental prob

16 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
By South-waste, I hope you do not mean ibadam, oshogbo, abeokuta, ekiti etc..because Igbos are not in those rural areas built with red earth mud. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: By South-waste, I hope you do not mean ibadam, oshogbo, abeokuta, ekiti etc..because Igbos are not in those rural areas built with red earth mud. cheesy

OF COURSE YOUR PEOPLE ARE IN THOSE YOUR ACCLAIM RURAL HUSTLING AND WANDERING.

IWO ROAD (IBADAN)- NUMEROUS IBO ARE AT THE ROUND ABOUT SELLING PIRATED DISC, SECOND HAND UNDERWEARS

OLA IYA, OLD GARAGE (OSUN ) - NUMEROUS IBO ARE AT THE ROUND ABOUT SELLING PIRATED DISC, SECOND HAND UNDERWEARS

LAGOS IS PART OF SOUTH WEST
JUST TO MENTION A FEW.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by bot101(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
nay, not survive. The word is CONQUER!.

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
bot101:
nay, not survive. The word is CONQUER!.

HOW DID IBO CONQUER?
Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmm!

I am yet to see any Igboman in ibadam or oshogbo or ekiti etc..

Even Easterners that are corp members do not like serving in those rural areas!

How do you people put up with all those mud house in ibadam?

Igbos are only in Lagos and last we checked lagos is an FG enclave and a no man's land developed by all Nigerians. Why not go back to your rural areas of ibadam and osogho to develop it?

500GP:

OF COURSE YOUR PEOPLE ARE IN THOSE YOUR ACCLAIM RURAL HUSTLING AND WANDERING.

IWO ROAD (IBADAN)- NUMEROUS IBO ARE AT THE ROUND ABOUT SELLING PIRATED DISC, SECOND HAND UNDERWEARS

OLA IYA, OLD GARAGE (OSUN ) - NUMEROUS IBO ARE AT THE ROUND ABOUT SELLING PIRATED DISC, SECOND HAND UNDERWEARS

LAGOS IS PART OF SOUTH WEST
JUST TO MENTION A FEW.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Energito: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
I hope so because Awka i saw today still have a long way to go.nice one development
liberty300: Great development in anambra

Hope he puts sidewalks on the streets of anambra sha

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Energito: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
You always talk like madman.
Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Anambra cities from Awka to Onitsha to Nnewi adigo mma..

The 3 cities are worldclass! I am in Anambra, Awka to be precise so I know better!

- Awka: Administrative/Tourism/Serenity/Jolly/Hospitality Capital

- Onitsha: Economic/Commercial Capital

- Nnewi: Technological/Engineering Capital

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by manny4life(m): 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: Anambra cities from Awka to Onitsha to Nnewi adigo mma..

The 3 cities are worldclass! I am in Anambra, Awka to be precise so I know better!

- Awka: Administrative/Tourism/Serenity/Jolly/Hospitality Capital

- Onitsha: Economic/Commercial Capital

- Nnewi: Technological Capital

The three cities are economic centers for Anambra, I think it's unfair to allude "economical" to Onitsha only. Besides, what is technological about Nnewi if you don't mind me asking?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
Awka is witnessing first world infrastructural development/expansion and remodeling to make it one of best cities in Africa!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Innoson alone has put Nnewi on the world map! That is Tech!

Onitsha is the economic hub of the SE not even only to Anambra..

Of course I understand your point but Onitsha is another level in terms of volume of economic activities and corporate presence!

manny4life:

The three cities are economic centers for Anambra, I think it's unfair to allude "economical" to Onitsha only. Besides, what is technological about Nnewi if you don't mind me asking?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by manny4life(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
So far so good, good development... I like it. I just want our government to be autonomous so that the LG will be separated from the state. This will hasten the development of Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Brimmie(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: Awka is witnessing first world infrastructural remodeling to make it one of best cities in Africa!
Chino I Sight You!
Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by manny4life(m): 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: Innoson alone has put Nnewi on the world map! That is Tech!

Onitsha is the economic hub of the SE not even only to Anambra..

Chino, you don come again o..

When you say technological, I thought you meant research may be in medicine, computer, engineering or what have you. My brother, that's industrialization. Nnewi hasn't achieved technological feat, "JUST YET", we ain't Silicon Valley yet. Nnewi may well be the industrialized center but when you say tech, that's something else different.

Haba, you have come again o... How do you mean "economic hub" kwa? Onitsha is BLESSED, and as such, have the largest commercial market in West Africa, but commerce is just one part of the economy.

Anyway I am happy for Anambra and Nnewi...

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by manny4life(m): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chino, continue your picture posting... Abeg let me not spoil the thread. I am happy for my state and my people. grin

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: Hmm!

I am yet to see any Igboman in ibadam or oshogbo or ekiti etc..

Even Easterners that are corp members do not like serving in those rural areas!

How do you people put up with all those mud house in ibadam?

Igbos are only in Lagos and last we checked lagos is an FG enclave and a no man's land developed by all Nigerians. Why not go back to your rural areas of ibadam and osogho to develop it?

BUT LAGOS IS SOUTH WEST (YORUBA) WHEN BOMB BLAST OCCURED THERE RIGHT?

WHY CAN'T YOU BEG GEJ TO MAKE ENUGU OR OTHER STATES IN SOUTH LEAST A FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY ?

LAGOS - YORUBA

ABUJA - HAUSA/FULANI

? - IBO

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nwanne please Nigeria is not America yet! I know this yankee mentality will not allow you to reason like a resident Nigeria! cheesy

manny4life:

Chino, you don come again o..

When you say technological, I thought you meant research may be in medicine, computer, engineering or what have you. My brother, that's industrialization. Nnewi hasn't achieved technological feat, "JUST YET", we ain't Silicon Valley yet. Nnewi may well be the industrialized center but when you say tech, that's something else different.

Haba, you have come again o... How do you mean "economic hub" kwa? Onitsha is BLESSED, and as such, have the largest commercial market in West Africa, but commerce is just one part of the economy.

Anyway I am happy for Anambra and Nnewi...
Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Shut up and go back to ibadam. Who has been deceiving you that Lagos is yolobarland is destroying you. Lagos is an FG enclave and a no man's land developed by all Nigerians. If you want to see yolobarland go straight to ibadam or oshogbo. Do you want me to post here how yolobarland looks like? cheesy

500GP:

WHY CAN'T YOU BEG GEJ TO MAKE ENUGU OR OTHER STATES IN SOUTH LEAST A FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY ?

LAGOS - YORUBA

ABUJA - HAUSA/FULANI

? - IBO

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by bloodyassassin: 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP:

HOW DID I BECOME A BASTARD?

ask your mother

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: Shut up and go back to ibadam. Who has been deceiving you that Lagos is yolobarland is destroying you. Lagos is an FG enclave and a no man's land developed by all Nigeria. If you want to see yolobarland go straight to ibadam or oshogbo. Do you want me to post here how yolobarland looks like? cheesy

I AM VERY CERTAIN THAT IBO ARE IN SOUTH WEST HUSTLING AROUND.
MAKE A TRIP TO IBADAN (IWO ROAD ) TO SEE HOW YOUR PEOPLE ARE HUSTLING.

BUT LAGOS IS SOUTH WEST (YORUBA) WHEN
BOMB BLAST OCCURED THERE RIGHT?

FASHOLA DEPORTED YOUR PEOPLE TO SHOWS YOU WHO TRULY OWN LAGOS.

IS ABUJA NO MAN'S LAND?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Scout60(m): 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP:

LAGOS - YORUBA

ABUJA - HAUSA/FULANI

? - IBO
I wonder how you post on every thread containing ibo like a,kid.
Lagos was made federal capital terr. By the british because of its proximity to sea.
Abuja is the federal capital.. because its center of naija. Lagos na no man land. Go to ur mud house in ibadan abeg

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Ohaneze1: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
I have told you to shut up and stop embarrassing yourself. Igbos are not in yolobaland. Deal with it!

Yolobaland was built up 100% with mud and Igbos do not live in mud house, so how can a sane person come out here to tell us that Igbos are in the rural areas of ibadan, oshobgo, ekiti etc..

Igbos are only in Lagos which is an Fg enclave a no man's land.

500GP:

IS ABUJA NO MAN'S LAND?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by Scout60(m): 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP:

IS ABUJA NO MAN'S LAND?
God forbid I should go to mud house leaving my papa multi million duplex.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ohaneze1: I have told you to shut up and stop embarrassing yourself. Igbos are not in yolobaland. Deal with it!

Yolobaland was built up 100% with mud and Igbos do not live in mud house, so how can a sane person come out here to tell us that Igbos are in the rural areas of ibadan, oshobgo, ekiti etc..

Igbos are only in Lagos which is an Fg enclave a no man's land.

BUT ABUJA IS AN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ENCLAVE. IS LAGOS STILL FCT?
Re: Obiano Inspects Mega Projects by 500GP: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Scout60:
God forbid I should go to mud house leaving my papa multi million duplex.

YOU A SPARE PART DEALER CLAIMING THAT YOUR FATHER HAS MULTI MILLION MANSION.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mass Age Falsification Going On In The North During Voters Card Registration / Full Text + Vídeo: TVC Interviews Buhari, 22/4/2015. / Throw Back Pictures Of Gowon, Ojukwu And Ankrah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.