Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,899 members, 7,844,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

* - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / * (5067 Views)

Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X / Is Christianity Losing The Battle On Nairaland? / Christians Why Do Muslims ‘expect No Criticism’ And Why Do You Aid And Abet Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: * by ParisLove: 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
fellis:
So I am allowed to have premarital sexx as long as I don't do it with wh.ores?
Like premarital sex (for men of course) is a sin in islam
Re: * by Bella3(f): 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
fellis:
So I am allowed to have premarital sexx as long as I don't do it with wh.ores?
did u read what i wrote before? ANYway, a LovePeddler is any person(m or f) dat is intimate be4 marriage. So as far as am concerned, if you deciede to hav sexx or have had sexx be4 marriage, you my dear, are a WHOR.E.
Re: * by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
CrazyMan:
Now look at it this way. Assuming you have a teenage daughter, and she comes to you to inquire whether pre-martial sex is good for her or not.

What answer would you give to her..would you tell to go ahead and enjoy sex provided she doesn't feel guilty? I want you to be honest with your answer.
I only asked that question about guilt because you said that something is a sin when you feel guilty after doing it. As for the teenage daughter part, no. I would not advice her to do it. One reason being that I want to keep her away from STDs and unwanted pregnancies and I can't be sure that she can be smart enough to avoid these things on her own (since she is a teenager and still quite inexperienced) but in my case, I have enough sense to avoid STDs and unwanted pregnancy so it would be different for me, I should be able to go ahead and do it.

Crazyman:
Well christianity is a religion of choice, so I can't force you into it. I can only convince you...but the final step lies in your hands.
Fine, Christianity is a religion of choice, but for me to decide that I want to become a Christian, I have to see aspects of it that are attractive to me and that is where you, the Christian evangelist, come in.
Crazyman:
The bible didn't say dragging, it said gambling. And people only gamble for valuable things and not worthless materials.

So without even the bible stating whether or not the cloth was costly, you should know with common wisdom that if that garment was worthless, the soldiers wouldn't have spent so much time on it, they would have thrown it away.
Abeg leave this gown issue, I've grown tired of it.
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1042498&post=12106490

E_monkey: Please I would like to hear something else other than 'because you will burn in hell if you die a Muslim'. I just want to know what benefits I stand to gain in this life if I decided to abandon Islam and become a Christian.
What makes Christianity more rewarding to me than Islam?
Thanks.

Hello ... E_monkey? Nice name =) I am a Christian and, quite accidentally, this morning I heard a woman talk about how and why she became a Christian. She's from Iran, she was a Muslim, then she moved to England. There, she found her brother became a Christian. She didn't like it, of course =) Her point was that just as Jesus (as a great prophet) raised the level of standard from the law of Moses, Muhammad also raised the level of Jesus' teaching into an even higher level. So, as Islam is already perfect, why should she go backwards, to a lower level? It didn't make sense. So, she refused to listen and, after a while, she asked her brother to shut up about it because she wasn't interested.

But, eventually, she visited her brother's friend because they promised they won't talk to her about Christianity. However, as she was talking to the man's wife in one corner, her brother and the man were reading the Bible in another, and she could hear them. They were talking about a portion we call "the sermon on the mount." It's in Matthew's account about the life of Jesus, in chapter five. What caught her attention was what Jesus said in this portion:

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

This started her thinking because this concept of revenge ( "eye to eye" ) is in the law of Moses, but she realized Jesus took it to a much higher level than that. So, she thought, it's Islam that brought it back to the lower level that it was before! Now, of course, she didn't accept it right then because she wanted to know more, she couldn't just discard everything she believed in, she didn't want to having to go back and forth between the two, it's too important a matter for that. But that's what started her out, so I thought I could share it with you.

The basic teaching of Christianity is that man is sinful but God is just, so God can't let man's sin without punishment. We all already sinned so, for a perfect God, we can't be "good enough." But God is also loving, and he found a way to be able to not to have to punish us, but for that, I'll need to talk about this doctrine called "trinity" first.

From the Bible, we can see that there are three separate persons (with their own separate will) with the attributes that only God can have (things like all-knowing, all-powerful, one who we can rightly worship, etc.) Now, at the same time, we know that there is ONE God. Jesus talked about his Father, and the Jews wanted to stone him, because he made himself equal with God. And that's a terrible sin, except if you are indeed equal with God. Now, when we talk about Jesus as the Son, this must not be interpreted in the context of human procreation, because it has nothing to do with it. In fact, the Bible says the Son has always existed, just as the Father. It's about the relationship between them: that the Son, while being equal with the Father, still submits to His will. How can God be one and yet three persons? I think it's okay that God is great enough that we can't understand or explain everything about him =)

So, back to the story. God can't just forget about my sin, because he's just. But he wants to forgive me, because he loves us (though we don't deserve it.) That's why Jesus came to the world. All of us, when we die, have to pay for our sins. Jesus, as God (and yes, that's a very strong statement, one that needs proof!) lived a perfect life, so he could take upon himself our sins: he died and paid the price instead of us (another really hard to accept thing: that God would die for us...) But death couldn't keep him captive, he rose again, winning over death once and forever.

God is not only willing, he wants to forgive us, but can he forgive somebody who doesn't accept he's at fault? So, we need to come to God and confess that we're sinful, and ask him to forgive us. And he will! He wants to, Jesus came and died for this very reason! All we need to do is admit we're at fault and ask for his help. Yet, even this is something we can't do without God's work in our life first. Even realizing we need God's forgiveness is God's work in our life... We really have nothing to be proud of.

Yet we are proud and we like to think we have it all together. We want to work for it, to be able to say "yes God, I deserve your reward!" But we simply can't be good enough for God, we already failed, we can't undo all the bad that we already did.

So, this is probably the biggest revelation from Christianity: we can't please God, we can't reach him. We were hopeless, but God scooped down to us and reached out for us.

Here are two of my favorite quotes: Christ Jesus [...] being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery (e.g. something to hold on to) to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

and this one:

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

The first one is from the apostle Paul's letter to the Philippians, chapter 2, the second is from his letter to the Ephesians, chapter 2.

Also, about the "burning in hell" thing. I believe that what matters is whether somebody humbles himself and turns to God or Allah (the name doesn't matter, there is only God who created the world) with an understanding that he can't be good enough, and ask for his help. God will not refuse a humble man (but He resists the proud – the one who thinks he can be good enough even for God Himself.) I believe that knowing all the correct things about God is important because then I can live a life as one who knows is accepted by God. But I also know that God is good and he won't condemn anybody who turns to him, no matter by what name or with how much or how little understanding.

Sorry I wrote this much. I can talk so much about these things, the reason behind my security in God's grace and forgiveness. I want to share it with as many as I can. And yes, if you are interested, I can write you more about the teachings of Christianity, or if you are interested, about some of the differences I know about between Islam and Christianity.
Re: * by Bella3(f): 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
^@tiberus84
i was touched
Re: * by ParisLove: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
^^ me too
embarassed
Re: * by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
tiberius84: https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1042498&post=12106490

Hello ... E_monkey? Nice name =) I am a Christian and, quite accidentally, this morning I heard a woman talk about how and why she became a Christian. She's from Iran, she was a Muslim, then she moved to England. There, she found her brother became a Christian. She didn't like it, of course =) Her point was that just as Jesus (as a great prophet) raised the level of standard from the law of Moses, Muhammad also raised the level of Jesus' teaching into an even higher level. So, as Islam is already perfect, why should she go backwards, to a lower level? It didn't make sense. So, she refused to listen and, after a while, she asked her brother to shut up about it because she wasn't interested.

But, eventually, she visited her brother's friend because they promised they won't talk to her about Christianity. However, as she was talking to the man's wife in one corner, her brother and the man were reading the Bible in another, and she could hear them. They were talking about a portion we call "the sermon on the mount." It's in Matthew's account about the life of Jesus, in chapter five. What caught her attention was what Jesus said in this portion:

This started her thinking because this concept of revenge ( "eye to eye" ) is in the law of Moses, but she realized Jesus took it to a much higher level than that. So, she thought, it's Islam that brought it back to the lower level that it was before! Now, of course, she didn't accept it right then because she wanted to know more, she couldn't just discard everything she believed in, she didn't want to having to go back and forth between the two, it's too important a matter for that. But that's what started her out, so I thought I could share it with you.

The basic teaching of Christianity is that man is sinful but God is just, so God can't let man's sin without punishment. We all already sinned so, for a perfect God, we can't be "good enough." But God is also loving, and he found a way to be able to not to have to punish us, but for that, I'll need to talk about this doctrine called "trinity" first.

From the Bible, we can see that there are three separate persons (with their own separate will) with the attributes that only God can have (things like all-knowing, all-powerful, one who we can rightly worship, etc.) Now, at the same time, we know that there is ONE God. Jesus talked about his Father, and the Jews wanted to stone him, because he made himself equal with God. And that's a terrible sin, except if you are indeed equal with God. Now, when we talk about Jesus as the Son, this must not be interpreted in the context of human procreation, because it has nothing to do with it. In fact, the Bible says the Son has always existed, just as the Father. It's about the relationship between them: that the Son, while being equal with the Father, still submits to His will. How can God be one and yet three persons? I think it's okay that God is great enough that we can't understand or explain everything about him =)

So, back to the story. God can't just forget about my sin, because he's just. But he wants to forgive me, because he loves us (though we don't deserve it.) That's why Jesus came to the world. All of us, when we die, have to pay for our sins. Jesus, as God (and yes, that's a very strong statement, one that needs proof!) lived a perfect life, so he could take upon himself our sins: he died and paid the price instead of us (another really hard to accept thing: that God would die for us...) But death couldn't keep him captive, he rose again, winning over death once and forever.

God is not only willing, he wants to forgive us, but can he forgive somebody who doesn't accept he's at fault? So, we need to come to God and confess that we're sinful, and ask him to forgive us. And he will! He wants to, Jesus came and died for this very reason! All we need to do is admit we're at fault and ask for his help. Yet, even this is something we can't do without God's work in our life first. Even realizing we need God's forgiveness is God's work in our life... We really have nothing to be proud of.

Yet we are proud and we like to think we have it all together. We want to work for it, to be able to say "yes God, I deserve your reward!" But we simply can't be good enough for God, we already failed, we can't undo all the bad that we already did.

So, this is probably the biggest revelation from Christianity: we can't please God, we can't reach him. We were hopeless, but God scooped down to us and reached out for us.

Here are two of my favorite quotes:

The first one is from the apostle Paul's letter to the Philippians, chapter 2, the second is from his letter to the Ephesians, chapter 2.

Also, about the "burning in hell" thing. I believe that what matters is whether somebody humbles himself and turns to God or Allah (the name doesn't matter, there is only God who created the world) with an understanding that he can't be good enough, and ask for his help. God will not refuse a humble man (but He resists the proud – the one who thinks he can be good enough even for God Himself.) I believe that knowing all the correct things about God is important because then I can live a life as one who knows is accepted by God. But I also know that God is good and he won't condemn anybody who turns to him, no matter by what name or with how much or how little understanding.

Sorry I wrote this much. I can talk so much about these things, the reason behind my security in God's grace and forgiveness. I want to share it with as many as I can. And yes, if you are interested, I can write you more about the teachings of Christianity, or if you are interested, about some of the differences I know about between Islam and Christianity.

great write up !!

Jesus is the only way and the prince of peace.

Blessings.
Re: * by cescky(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2012

NICE one,
GOD requires only two, things from each and every one of us,we can not be righteous enough for him , holy enough, etc

ONLY TWO LAWS THE LAW OF LOVE(LOVE GOD WITH UR ALL,AND WHERE IS HE? IN UR NEIGHBOR, THAT IS LOVE UR NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF)(WHEN U LOVE UR NEIGHBOR AS UR SELF DO NOT BE DECEIVED U ARE ONLY LOVING GOD,AND WHEN U GIVE GOD,HE MUST REPAY,)SO IMAGINE THE DANGERS OF HATING UR NEIGBOUR

LAW OF FAITH (AS YOU BELEIVE IN LIFE,WHAT EVER YOU BLEIVE IN LIFE, IT SHALL BE UNTO U, IRRESPECTIVE OF IF YOUR BELIEF IS HARMFUL TO YOU OR NOT, ITS UNTO U AS U BELIEVE)BELIEVE IN GOOD THINGS HAPPENING,THIS LAW IS FOR UR PROVISION AND SURVIVAL ON THIS PLANET(what is fear but belief in evil,inverted faith)FAITH: FOR THE NEXT WORLD HEAVEN, THAT IS ACCEPTING JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOUR AND KNOWING YOUR ONLY PASSING THROUGH THIS PLANET
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thanks =) There's one thing I thought about.

Whatever good thing we have, it is from God: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17)

It includes whatever good we can do; they all originate with God, all the "good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" as I quoted it before from Ephesians 2.

So, we can't give God anything good that He didn't give us first. We can't expect God to "repay" us for our good deeds simply because those good deeds were His gifts to us in the first place!
Re: * by Sweetnecta: 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
@cescy, et al including tiberius84:
by cescky(m): 12:59pm

The farewell address of the messenger [sa] is at least equal to the sermon on the mount of Biblical Jesus. I have read both of them and his seasoned heart knows the truth. You people should get the farewell address for yourself to know the truth. "eye for eye" was never out of fashion the very reason that even the unproven adulteress was going to be stoned. Allah allowed the full scope of justice among humans to reign by allwoing

1}. Those with hard heart seek their just justice by allowing the eye for eye.

2]. Those with softer heart to seek justice and mercy by receiving compensation in "blood money" for what they lost.

3]. Those who seek mercy and noting else to leave it to God without eye for eye or blood money.

When you look at the above compared to the eye for eye only where the world will become blind in few generations, and the forgive all by turning the other cheek where the strongest will survive, the rest dead and rotten before their time, you will quickly see that those who value lives will not dare to hurt another live because he fears the possible revenge of the eye for eye or a big hit in the pocket sending him to poor house. He does not know whether the potential victim will forgive as in no 3.

The eye for eye is like the wild wild west while turning the other cheek is like woodstock. neither is practical in any place or city or time like today's new york city or lagos, etc. It is what Allah says with the 3 options that will fit a city like new york where everyone mind his own business, unless when truly needed to interfere in stopping evil or propagating goodness.

you people based on your proposition of Jesus speech in the sermon on the mount have made Yahweh worse than yourselves. Yahweh will not let sin go while you mere mortal that seek His Mercy will let sin, wrong as plucking your eye out go! what a load of crock. If this is what convince the woman, then she truly belongs to confused state of mind.

The Islamic take of God is that He is Merciful and no one should lose hope of His Mercy, Forgiveness. And no one has to die for you, but only your heartfelt sincere repentance is needed. How easy is that!

if i have a dime for every confused statement! At least the last bold is very confusing begging the statement that God is not the Author of confusion. How is 3 equal to 1 or 1 equal to 3 in the first bold? Are 3 equals not 3 while 1 is always 1? if i have 3 pies of pizza, how can i make 1 pie of same size as any one of them out of them without munching up 2 full pies slices? Does all powerful, all knowing, the One Who all right of absolute worship belongs need to share these Rights/Qualities with anyone and still have the Absolute right, Alone? Jesus did not make himself equal with God from his own lips; here is an illustration of it for you, "Of my own power I can do nothing. . ." His disciples supported him by saying "Your servant Jesus who You sent". There is no place that you will have servant equal to the MASTER WHO sent him. No place. And how is a partner submitting to his partner? Even a wife dont submit to husband all the time. From my own family experience. I dont to every business partner. sometimes, the subordinate has better idea that the boss must follow for the bottom line. This your partnership between Jesus and God where it is Jesus that is always submitting is fake partnership.

So, back to the story. God can't just forget about my sin, because he's just.
Thats God you have painted worse than what Jesus said in the sermon on the mount. Allah can forgive your sin by His Mercy. Justice of Allah is overcome by the Mercy of Allah.

But he wants to forgive me, because he loves us (though we don't deserve it.) That's why Jesus came to the world.
Jesus said I am sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. No other reason.

All of us, when we die, have to pay for our sins. Jesus, as God (and yes, that's a very strong statement, one that needs proof!) lived a perfect life,
How can Jesus be God or lived a perfect life if he said "Oh Israel, our God is One Lord" and "whoever says fool to anyone, he will end up in hell for it". Then Jesus said "Fool". What do you think is the condition of Jesus now; God and perfect life from his own lips, above and the fact that his disciples called him and knew him as servant of God? There is no one who is good but God Alone is God said Jesus of the Bibles.

so he could take upon himself our sins: he died and paid the price instead of us
Hogwash because the sin of the sinner is upon him. so is the good of the one who does good, says the Bibles. it will be absolute injustice if the sinner is left alone but punish the doer of God, or deprive the doer of good but reward the evil doer with that good deed. Allah is Equitable, Most Forgiving.

(another really hard to accept thing: that God would die for us...)
Because lies are hard to accept or swallow and you cant explain it with straight face.

But death couldn't keep him captive, he rose again, winning over death once and forever.
these are lame statements lacking factual supports. Once dead, then judgment has not happened on him and proof the deceit of your statement are really all the statements that are false from the Bible; from he will be called Immanuel which he was never called, king, ruler which he was not within the jewish people, to the another comforter which what he said cant be pointed out to returning in the lifetime of the disciples, which has not been met even now that the disciples have been dead for 2 millennial.

God is not only willing, he wants to forgive us, but can he forgive somebody who doesn't accept he's at fault? So, we need to come to God and confess that we're sinful, and ask him to forgive us. And he will!
This is God's Position and no muslim does less than willing to approach Him. Proof? Muslim seek forgiveness constantly; Astaghafirullah.

He wants to, Jesus came and died for this very reason!
Jesus did not come to die but came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Whats a lost sheep in this case? Those who deviated from what Moses brought; Hear,oh Israel.Your God is One Lord.

All we need to do is admit we're at fault and ask for his help. Yet, even this is something we can't do without God's work in our life first. Even realizing we need God's forgiveness is God's work in our life... We really have nothing to be proud of.
Neither is Jesus the only comforter, since he said there is another comforter to come. No one is good except God, Alone. And no one should be arrogant, hence Jesus was humble.

There is forgiveness in Islam, coming from God directly just by you seeking repentance.

In Islam, we can please God Who says He is pleased with us when we obey Him. We can reach God Who has said we should seek Him alone, directly. We are not hopeless because God says we should not lose hope in His Mercy. The Veil between the sinner and Allah is remove by sincere repentance. A servant is closest to his Lord when he prostrates his face to his Lord.

Can we let Jesus the servant of God speak for himself instead of bringing up Paul who is not a disciple, but just a follower of the followers of Jesus?

Allah is Arabic Name for The God. The same way Yahweh is the Hebrew Name for The God. But thats beside the point. Pay attention to the second bold. In it you said God must be known correctly. Now tell me how do you know what Yahweh want? Give me the full detail of how to worship Him.One example please. In Islam I can give you the salah from a to z as my example.

i am interested to know about the "differences i know about between islam and christianity". You want my email or you wanna do it on NL? I have a thread I will love you to contribute. Its on NL and it is a simple question; i wanna know who is the another comforter who heard from God before he spoke to man. What did he say to the disciples that the Bibles reported Jesus promised the another comforter to? How is he abiding by them forever now that they are all in the graves? What did he say to correct them and from what wrong? You are in for a shock of your life. I will take you to task, InshaAllah. And i hope when you find the truth, you will follow the reality instead of behaving like toto in the wizard of oz?

NICE one,
GOD requires only two, things from each and every one of us,we can not be righteous enough for him , holy enough, etc

ONLY TWO LAWS THE LAW OF LOVE(LOVE GOD WITH UR ALL,AND WHERE IS HE? IN UR NEIGHBOR, THAT IS LOVE UR NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF)(WHEN U LOVE UR NEIGHBOR AS UR SELF DO NOT BE DECEIVED U ARE ONLY LOVING GOD,AND WHEN U GIVE GOD,HE MUST REPAY,)SO IMAGINE THE DANGERS OF HATING UR NEIGBOUR
forcing the Hands of God and you then expect Him to punish the innocent for you, yet you shiver about the consequences of what He will do if you hate your neighbor?

LAW OF FAITH (AS YOU BELEIVE IN LIFE,WHAT EVER YOU BLEIVE IN LIFE, IT SHALL BE UNTO U, IRRESPECTIVE OF IF YOUR BELIEF IS HARMFUL TO YOU OR NOT, ITS UNTO U AS U BELIEVE)BELIEVE IN GOOD THINGS HAPPENING,THIS LAW IS FOR UR PROVISION AND SURVIVAL ON THIS PLANET(what is fear but belief in evil,inverted faith)FAITH: FOR THE NEXT WORLD HEAVEN, THAT IS ACCEPTING JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOUR AND KNOWING YOUR ONLY PASSING THROUGH THIS PLANET
Invented faith, a christian says forgetting the people of antioch. Was Jesus a christian? It not, then that was your example of what you called invented faith.

Here is the reason I bothered to respond to this piece; Islam can not be maligned and I will not at least keep quite, especially when all i need to do is to respond with the pen.
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 1:09am On Sep 13, 2012
I re-ordered some of the quotes so that I could respond easier to connected parts.

Sweetnecta: @cescy, et al including tiberius84: The farewell address of the messenger [sa] is at least equal to the sermon on the mount of Biblical Jesus. I have read both of them and his seasoned heart knows the truth. You people should get the farewell address for yourself to know the truth. "eye for eye" was never out of fashion the very reason that even the unproven adulteress was going to be stoned. Allah allowed the full scope of justice among humans to reign by allwoing

1}. Those with hard heart seek their just justice by allowing the eye for eye.
2]. Those with softer heart to seek justice and mercy by receiving compensation in "blood money" for what they lost.
3]. Those who seek mercy and noting else to leave it to God without eye for eye or blood money.

When you look at the above compared to the eye for eye only where the world will become blind in few generations, and the forgive all by turning the other cheek where the strongest will survive, the rest dead and rotten before their time, you will quickly see that those who value lives will not dare to hurt another live because he fears the possible revenge of the eye for eye or a big hit in the pocket sending him to poor house. He does not know whether the potential victim will forgive as in no 3.

The eye for eye is like the wild wild west while turning the other cheek is like woodstock. neither is practical in any place or city or time like today's new york city or lagos, etc. It is what Allah says with the 3 options that will fit a city like new york where everyone mind his own business, unless when truly needed to interfere in stopping evil or propagating goodness.

Eye for eye was not a command about what to perform, it was a restriction to how you could take revenge. Actually, revenge itself was considered forbidden if the act wasn't premeditated (that's what the refuge tows, set up all over the land, were about.) Before the law, it was the same cycle of revenge as it still is at many parts of the world. The law restricted it, revenge had to be of the same proportion, and it couldn't be a reason for counter-revenge.

About Woodstock and practicality. Jesus didn't try to be practical but He was explaining what was behind the letter of the law. The Jews were happy to do the visible things but forget about the spirit of the law.

you people based on your proposition of Jesus speech in the sermon on the mount have made Yahweh worse than yourselves. Yahweh will not let sin go while you mere mortal that seek His Mercy will let sin, wrong as plucking your eye out go! what a load of crock. If this is what convince the woman, then she truly belongs to confused state of mind.

Thats God you have painted worse than what Jesus said in the sermon on the mount. Allah can forgive your sin by His Mercy. Justice of Allah is overcome by the Mercy of Allah.

The Islamic take of God is that He is Merciful and no one should lose hope of His Mercy, Forgiveness. And no one has to die for you, but only your heartfelt sincere repentance is needed. How easy is that!

God couldn't let sin unforgiven, because He doesn't only loving, he's also perfect, therefore just. Would you consider a human judge, who let's a child-rapist and murderer go free saying "I forgive you", merciful, or just corrupted and raving mad? God can't do that.

God, however, provided a way through the death of Jesus. The payment was made. That's how you can go to God and ask for His mercy: because the way has already been made. Actually, Abraham was justified by His faith in God's promise, even though it didn't happen yet (Jesus came hundreds of years later) and he didn't know about the exact details. But, his faith in God was counted for him as righteousness.

And that's where we arrive at the same conclusion about asking for mercy: yes, you can go to God and ask for His mercy, and He will forgive. The difference between our understanding is that I know that it cost God a lot that He can be so forgiving toward us.

if i have a dime for every confused statement! At least the last bold is very confusing begging the statement that God is not the Author of confusion. How is 3 equal to 1 or 1 equal to 3 in the first bold? Are 3 equals not 3 while 1 is always 1? if i have 3 pies of pizza, how can i make 1 pie of same size as any one of them out of them without munching up 2 full pies slices? Does all powerful, all knowing, the One Who all right of absolute worship belongs need to share these Rights/Qualities with anyone and still have the Absolute right, Alone? Jesus did not make himself equal with God from his own lips; here is an illustration of it for you, "Of my own power I can do nothing. . ." His disciples supported him by saying "Your servant Jesus who You sent". There is no place that you will have servant equal to the MASTER WHO sent him. No place. And how is a partner submitting to his partner? Even a wife dont submit to husband all the time. From my own family experience. I dont to every business partner. sometimes, the subordinate has better idea that the boss must follow for the bottom line. This your partnership between Jesus and God where it is Jesus that is always submitting is fake partnership.

I agree that the doctrine of Trinity is not a concept that can be solved by math (however, even though 1+1+1 is not equal 1, 1x1x1 is; it's not a solution, it's just showing that there are more ways to look at it the same thing.) This subject has been an issue of much debate, and it's quite possible that it simply can't be understood by man – even if it is so, it doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense. God isn't that of confusion, but God is awesome. Let's imagine I have a cat. I'm not confusing, yet my little cat can't understand everything about my nature and my purposes. I'm just way beyond the capacity of it's little brain, there's nothing to do about it. Still, it can trust me for giving it food every morning. Not that I actually have a cat =)

Anyway I wasn't trying to prove Trinity, I just needed it for my explanation because this is one of Christianity's defining doctrines, clearly seen in how the Bible describes the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

About Jesus as servant. He Himself made himself "of no reputation." It was a choice He made, to give up on being as God, and come and live like a man, just so that He can reconcile mankind with Himself.

Also, servanthood is considered contemptible in human terms, but Jesus says in Luke 22: "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave – just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." – Jesus places servanthood (giving yourself for others) as the highest thing, and He wasn't only talking about it, He was the greatest example. God stooped down to us nobodies, coming to us as a mere man, then dying for us, who deserved nothing. Only so that He can forgive us our sins and give us mercy.

I read this story in an article from William C. Chittick about Muhammad where, in the end of the story, he says: "God puts into hellfire only those who refuse to go anywhere else." I absolutely agree. God is reaching out to everyone, every day, trying to convince them of their sinfulness, and their need for help from Him, and it takes a lifetime of resisting Him to go to hell (exactly as the story above tells.) Anybody who humbles himself and accepts he need God's forgiveness will be forgiven. Christian or Muslim or Hindu. God (Allah) is merciful indeed, He judges the heart, He doesn't judge one's knowledge about Him.

Jesus said I am sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. No other reason.

Jesus did not come to die but came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Whats a lost sheep in this case? Those who deviated from what Moses brought; Hear,oh Israel.Your God is One Lord.

That was during the three years, before He died. You might notice that even then, He did set free the woman's daughter from being possessed by demons.

Jesus did come to die. He said so, as quoted before: "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

After He died and rose, right before He ascended to heaven, He said: "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and (as your going) make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." It's in Matthew 20. But even in the Old Testament, many prophecies talk about it. Genesis 12, for example, where God blesses Abraham: "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

How can Jesus be God or lived a perfect life if he said "Oh Israel, our God is One Lord" and "whoever says fool to anyone, he will end up in hell for it". Then Jesus said "Fool". What do you think is the condition of Jesus now; God and perfect life from his own lips, above and the fact that his disciples called him and knew him as servant of God? There is no one who is good but God Alone is God said Jesus of the Bibles.

If Jesus is God, He can say "fool" – first of all, He has the knowledge. Second, God (unlike us) is the Creator, He has the right to judge.

But it's not even that. When Jesus says that ("whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire") He's comparing the written law to God's actual requirements. The Jews tried to honor the letter of the law, but they didn't care about what was behind it, and that's what Jesus was talking about. You can see how He went through many of the commandments in that same chapter (Matthew 5.)

Hogwash because the sin of the sinner is upon him. so is the good of the one who does good, says the Bibles. it will be absolute injustice if the sinner is left alone but punish the doer of God [i think you meant "good"], or deprive the doer of good but reward the evil doer with that good deed. Allah is Equitable, Most Forgiving.

The problem is that everybody sins. Let's assume I live a perfect life. I also do many good things. If I steal something, will I not be judged? (I'm talking about justice, not that it's "not a big deal." ) Would my good deeds undo (completely erase) that one small thing? Could I stand up before God and say: "I am good enough even for You, I deserve to go to heaven"?

The only reason I can stand up before God is because He forgave me. And the only reason He could forgave me is because Jesus died for me. And the only reason Jesus died for me is so that He can forgive me...

God doesn't reward the evil doer with good for his evil deeds. God gives good things to those who come to him for forgiveness. Everybody did evil, thus everybody is an evildoer – the difference between the best person on this earth and the worst is that of a ripple on the surface of the ocean, compared to the depth of miles underneath. We all are desperately wicked compared to the absolute perfectness that God requires. But Jesus gave Himself for us so that we can claim His perfect righteousness, and that's the only claim that we can come before the Father with.

Because lies are hard to accept or swallow and you cant explain it with straight face.

these are lame statements lacking factual supports. Once dead, then judgment has not happened on him

The judgment is death, but "it was not possible that He should be held by it." (Acts 2:24)

... and proof the deceit of your statement are really all the statements that are false from the Bible; from he will be called Immanuel which he was never called,

"Immanuel" literally means "God is with us" in Hebrew, and it's not Jesus' personal name, but His descriptive name: He's God who came to us.

... king, ruler which he was not within the jewish people,

His kingship, as He explained to the Pharisees whose picture of Messiah was that of a military leader, was "not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here." (John 18)

... to the another comforter which what he said cant be pointed out to returning in the lifetime of the disciples, which has not been met even now that the disciples have been dead for 2 millennial.

Neither is Jesus the only comforter, since he said there is another comforter to come. No one is good except God, Alone. And no one should be arrogant, hence Jesus was humble.

Jesus, before He died, talked about sending the comforter (or helper), and it's universally understood parallel to His statement after He resurrected: "He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, 'which,' He said, 'you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.'" (Acts 1:4-5) And it indeed happened not much time later, as we read about it in the beginning of Acts, chapter 2: "When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

In Islam, we can please God Who says He is pleased with us when we obey Him. We can reach God Who has said we should seek Him alone, directly. We are not hopeless because God says we should not lose hope in His Mercy. The Veil between the sinner and Allah is remove by sincere repentance. A servant is closest to his Lord when he prostrates his face to his Lord.

I agree that all God is asking for is sincere repentance. As James (in chapter 4) quotes the Proverbs of King Solomon: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

I know that Islam has very clear rules about what to do and how to live. God, when He gave the law to Moses, gave similarly clear rules. But, nobody could keep the law! I mean, people could keep it more or less, but if somebody breaks the tiniest part of the law, he breaks the entire law. We learn it from the letter to the Romans (chapter 7) that the law is good, but it's purpose was not to make us good, but to show us that we're evil. We know we are sinners because we break the law. Everybody does things that even his own conscience says: "IT'S BAD." Actually, Paul in this same letter, in chapter 1, says that those who doesn't know the written law of Moses will be judged by the law God put in their own conscience.

Can we let Jesus the servant of God speak for himself instead of bringing up Paul who is not a disciple, but just a follower of the followers of Jesus?

All the other disciples and the whole contemporary church accepted that Paul met Jesus (in a revelation when he got converted from persecuting the early church, but maybe at other times.) The early Christians were very (VERY) strict about what they excepted as a holy writing, and the fact that Paul's letters made the cut proves it that his writings were thoroughly trusted by the whole Christian church as the word of God. If we're talking about Christianity, Paul's writings are just as authoritative as the Gospels. In fact, Luke, the writer of one of the gospels and the Book of Acts, was a traveling companion to Paul.

Allah is Arabic Name for The God. The same way Yahweh is the Hebrew Name for The God. But thats beside the point. Pay attention to the second bold. In it you said God must be known correctly. Now tell me how do you know what Yahweh want? Give me the full detail of how to worship Him.One example please. In Islam I can give you the salah from a to z as my example.

I know about the name, that's why I use them interchangeably. There can only be one God who created the universe, even if some other parts of our understanding about Him is different.

I think I wasn't clear about my comment about "knowing God correctly." When I wrote about living "a life as one who knows is accepted by God" meant that because I know God's character, I can be assured that my life is safely hidden in His hands, and that I am forgiven for all my sins. I can be sure that He accepts me as His child (a thing that, I think, sounds very scandalously from an Islamic point of view.) And I know that it doesn't depend on my own goodness and worthiness but on His grace and His mercy. I tried to contrast this correct knowledge of God to the sadness of not knowing God correctly, which results in continuous fear from His wrath (as if He was constantly trying to find in me), and trying to become "good enough" for Him (which is impossible!) But one who knows God's character correctly knows it that He would never reject even the worst sinner who repents and humbly comes to Him for forgiveness.

Now, on to the "proper way to worship God" question. The Old Testament law was about many different things A lot of the law is moral: it prescribes what is good and what is bad, and those are very universal, of course. Some of the law governed the nation: how to set up the camp while they were wandering in the desert, how to go to war, what to do with the captured women (e.g. give them time to mourn for their loss.) Some of the law governed human conduct: what to do when somebody offends somebody else. Some of the law was about health and safety: how to handle waste, infectious deceases, childbirth, what to eat and what not to eat, etc.

But, other parts of the law were a very clear and detailed description about how to worship God: the different sacrifices, the different feasts, and the like. Jesus says in Matthew 5: "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." (If you go to a Jewish Pessach dinner, it's almost creepy how every little thing is a reference to Jesus, including His death.) Now that the worshipping God in that prescribed way no longer makes the same sense, as the one who they pointed at has already come. The letter to the Hebrews, chapter 9 talks about it. In the same letter, in chapter 7 we read: "For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God."

Now, that Jesus came, worship is different. Jesus said: "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him." (John 4:23) It means that worshipping God is not about the form, it's about being filled with His Spirit and being in His truth. In fact, our very lives must bring glory to God, be a testimony of His grace, that's real worship. So, I won't be able to give you a full detail, because life is too detailed for that =)

(It might cause some confusion that Christians often call singing songs "worship." But that's just to say that "we're singing to worship God" (e.g. proclaiming how great, merciful, glorious, full of grace He is), it's not saying that "worship equals singing to God" – worship is much more than that.)

(The Christian view of mercy v.s. grace is this: mercy is being forgiven though I deserve judgment, grace is being given good things even though I deserve the opposite.)

i am interested to know about the "differences i know about between islam and christianity". You want my email or you wanna do it on NL? I have a thread I will love you to contribute. Its on NL and it is a simple question; i wanna know who is the another comforter who heard from God before he spoke to man. What did he say to the disciples that the Bibles reported Jesus promised the another comforter to? How is he abiding by them forever now that they are all in the graves? What did he say to correct them and from what wrong? You are in for a shock of your life. I will take you to task, InshaAllah. And i hope when you find the truth, you will follow the reality instead of behaving like toto in the wizard of oz?

I will try my best, I am very busy now (I'm already abusing my sleeping time just to answer you smiley) But I'll do my best and I'll definitely go on your thread. Just give me a few days; my brother's wedding is in three days, and it means I have to fly to another country! =)

forcing the Hands of God and you then expect Him to punish the innocent for you, yet you shiver about the consequences of what He will do if you hate your neighbor?

I don't quite agree to what cescy wrote there. God will not punish the innocent. Now, of course, the problem is, we can see (really) innocent people around… But still, one thing I know about God: He knows us completely, He will not judge anybody who's not worthy of it, and He will not judge anybody who asks Him for forgiveness, even if His knowledge is incomplete about Him. Why would He, when it's only by His convicting us that we even realize we need to turn to Him: "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day," says Jesus in John 6:44. So, even just turning to God and asking His forgiveness is a gift of God!

I'm not shivering for hating my neighbor either. Since the moment that I got saved by God's grace I know that God adopted me into His family, now He is my Father, not because I'm good or because I'll never sin again (I'm still imperfect, obviously), but on account of His Son: "In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God." (John 16:26-27)

Invented faith, a christian says forgetting the people of antioch. Was Jesus a christian? It not, then that was your example of what you called invented faith.

I didn't quite get what cescy meant there... But anyway, Jesus of course wasn't a "Christian," that name was given by the mockers of the "Way" (as the early Christians simply called themselves.) But they thought of being persecuted for Christ their Lord as an honor, and accepted that name. So, "Christian" is just a name, the concept is being a disciple of Christ Jesus. "Christ" is greek for the Jewish word "Messiah" which stands for (God's) "Annointed" – the one who God sent (anointing somebody with oil was the sign of giving authority or assigning a position, such as kingship.) Jesus couldn't have been his own disciple or follower, obviously =)

Here is the reason I bothered to respond to this piece; Islam can not be maligned and I will not at least keep quite, especially when all i need to do is to respond with the pen.

Thanks for responding!

(I added quite a few things since I posted it first, where I thought I might've been unclear at first. Last addition so far: September 13, 6:58pm)
Re: * by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2012
^^^^ Thank you for taking time out to come up with this.
Re: * by cescky(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
you guys are all misinterpreting me......firstly i do not know what you guys mean about the Christians in Antioch

@tiberius
remember the scriptures says in Mathew that at the end of the age, God will ask the unrighteous depart from me etc............., because you saw me hungry and never gave me food, saw me in jail and never came to visit etc and they will say when did we see u, and He will say in as much as you did it to the least of these you did it to me ..........

everyman is Jesus in disguise: a quote by mother Theresa, and simply if u do not forgive ur brother God will not forgive u, what am i saying?the summ of all the teachings is love, simply theres a law in operation which needs to be obeyed and paul says love is the fulfilling of the law.,with the measure u give it shall be given back to u!

i do not knw what u mean by forcing Gods hand etc, or punishing the innocent.

issue of inverted faith:see how peter got out of the boat and walked on water to meet Jesus?, but he he saw the wind boisterous and became afraid(thot,belief,of the worse)he started sinking,and Jesus caught him and said why did ye doubt oh ye of little faith.

also remember the centurion, Jesus told him as u have believed, let it be unto u, yes it is what we belive that makes things happen the way they happen,also remember that Jesus could not do miracles in his village, due to his peoples unbelief
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
cescky: you guys are all misinterpreting me......firstly i do not know what you guys mean about the Christians in Antioch

@tiberius
remember the scriptures says in Mathew that at the end of the age, God will ask the unrighteous depart from me etc............., because you saw me hungry and never gave me food, saw me in jail and never came to visit etc and they will say when did we see u, and He will say in as much as you did it to the least of these you did it to me ..........

I do agree that no true disciple of Jesus would forget about feeding the hungry and similar things. One thing though. It's not our good deeds that save us. Our good deeds only prove that we're already saved. It's clear from the Bible that it is our faith (i.e. trust in God) that saves us, not the good things that we do ("by grace you have been saved through faith" – Ephesians 2:8.) And it's also clear that if we claim we have faith but our actions are bad, then we're liars: "If a brother or sister is na​ked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith, and I have works.' Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." James here (in chapter 2) talks about claiming you have faith is empty words if you don't do the things that this same faith would compel you to do.

But my main problem was not with this, but when you wrote "WHEN U GIVE GOD,HE MUST REPAY" – and that's a fundamental misunderstanding about our position compared to where God is. HE IS GOD. Nothing I can do will pressure Him into anything. Besides, as I already wrote about the source of our good deeds in my earlier response: everything good that we have is from God, and it includes our ability and our opportunities to do good, therefore we can't demand anything from God just because we accepted His gifts (i.e. his power to make us be able to do good.) We can only thank Him for them, there's no place of claiming righteousness on their behalf. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about that before.

(I'm not sure I could understand that note about Antioch either.)

everyman is Jesus in disguise: a quote by mother Theresa, and simply if u do not forgive ur brother God will not forgive u, what am i saying?the summ of all the teachings is love, simply theres a law in operation which needs to be obeyed and paul says love is the fulfilling of the law.,with the measure u give it shall be given back to u!

Matthew 7 indeed talks about that, but it's in the context of the dangers of judging others: "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." At another place Jesus talks about how if your unforgiving, you can't expect forgiveness from God either. (Now, those are harsh words!)

i do not knw what u mean by forcing Gods hand etc, or punishing the innocent.

I think (and Sweetnecta, please forgive me, if I'm mistaken) he was talking about the same thing that I just wrote about: that we can't say "God must do" this or that just because we did this or that. It's a dangerous position, claiming we can dictate what God must do...

issue of inverted faith:see how peter got out of the boat and walked on water to meet Jesus?, but he he saw the wind boisterous and became afraid(thot,belief,of the worse)he started sinking,and Jesus caught him and said why did ye doubt oh ye of little faith.

also remember the centurion, Jesus told him as u have believed, let it be unto u, yes it is what we belive that makes things happen the way they happen,also remember that Jesus could not do miracles in his village, due to his peoples unbelief

And also remember how Jesus resurrected Lazarus even though he, being dead, had clearly no faith in being resurrected. Also, how He healed the person let down through the roof: Jesus looked at the faith of the man's friends – not the man himself. I'm afraid the Bible doesn't let us come up with boxes for how God can and how He can't work. He's God, it's not our job to try to define His limits.
Re: * by cescky(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
nicely said grin

when i used the term God must pay, i did not surely mean, by fire by force oo shocked, infact from my experience when God pays us for our righteous deeds, we hardly notice and comes from an angle we least expect,what i mean? God does a lot for us, under the guise of the favour and love people,it may be material or non material

talking about harshness dont you think it will be contradictory for God to be loving and harsh at once? God sees all men that have accepted Jesus as saints,and citizens of heaven, but residing on earth and one law is required for us to live successfully,that is the law of love, so man in violation of the law, through hating, judging,unforgiving his neighbor brings destruction upon himself(remember my people die for lack of knowledge)(wisdom is the principal thing in all thy getting get wisdom)that is why Paul says we have obtained the perfect law of liberty, but let us not use it for vice but for love,also Paul understood,that the dispensation of grace, in other words meant the dispensation of love,and says love is the fulfilling of the law, because he knows there is a law in operation which must be obeyed.remember the part of matte w i quoted about the judgment God told the people, whom he rejected, depart from me you who practice lawlessness,so you see theirs a a law. David also attests to this when he says ''blessed are they whom You teach out of Your law''

study closely the death of Lazarus, ull see that Jesus wanted it to happen that way, in order that He may give God glory

ur right though,to a large extent, we cant put His ways in a box......
but to a large extent too, His patterns are similar
Re: * by cescky(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
talking about,the law of faith and my being interpreted when u thot what i said meant God will punish innocent God does not do that
man in ignorance or the abuse of the law of love brings about his own demise.

look around you, see lot of religious, atheist, spiritual people , non spiritual,rich and successful in their en devours

now what we need to be able to see God is not religion,but its our spirituality, however u see some people, who try all their lives to be holy and indeed,they are holy before God and indeed sanctified saints, fail in their jobs and careers, though they are blameless, and sincerely fear God and lead a life of righteousness, but fail in their jobs or lack financially, do u think God is punishing them ? no they in ignorance of the law of faith, go thru distress and non Christians etc unconsciously practice this law, become a success material, what am i saying, as u think so u are, and it is always unto us as we believe, see job as an example, we see that, it is what her feared that came upon him, nothing else,nothing bad, evil can happen to a christian if he has no fear of that thing
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
cescky: nicely said grin

when i used the term God must pay, i did not surely mean, by fire by force oo shocked, infact from my experience when God pays us for our righteous deeds, we hardly notice and comes from an angle we least expect,what i mean? God does a lot for us, under the guise of the favour and love people,it may be material or non material

I know where you're coming from, but the problem is that you still look at God as somebody who pays for your righteous deeds. But it's not like "I do this good, God will do something good to me in return." The only reason you could do that good thing is God Himself. Now, He does want to give you good things, but it's not because you're good but because you belong to Him and He loves you. And His gifts are not necessarily for this life – there were many who got martyred for their faith, were their not loved by God, then? For example, in Hebrews 11, after he says a lot of things that people went through by faith, he continues: "Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented -- of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth."

Or think about the apostle Paul. He was writing to the church in Corinth, and he had to defend himself from false apostles who defamed him. He was quite embarrassed about it (he writes "I speak as a fool") because he didn't want to show off with all the sufferings that he went through for the sake of Christ, but when he thought about the consequences of what those false teachers could cause to this church, he went ahead with it anyway. Which is good, because now we can see what it is like to live a successful life in Christ. This is what he wrote: "Are they ministers of Christ? -- I speak as a fool -- I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness -- besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches."

So, if we want to go back the original question of E_monkey: If you're looking for a health, wealth, and "success," don't go for Christianity. But if you're looking for a life worth living, if you want to have a purpose, if you're looking for peace of heart, if you wanna be able to be sure that you're exactly where you should be, doing exactly what you're supposed to do, it is for you. Christianity gives you a very bold promise: No matter what the circumstances, you're God's child, and everything is gonna be okay. Even if they torture you and kill you.

talking about harshness dont you think it will be contradictory for God to be loving and harsh at once?

By harshness I meant that the way Jesus put it means unforgiveness is an absolute barrier between us and God, and no theology will be able to explain it away. It's a very simple equation: one who doesn't forgive can't receive God's forgiveness. Period.

God sees all men that have accepted Jesus as saints,and citizens of heaven, but residing on earth and one law is required for us to live successfully,that is the law of love, so man in violation of the law, through hating, judging,unforgiving his neighbor brings destruction upon himself(remember my people die for lack of knowledge)(wisdom is the principal thing in all thy getting get wisdom)that is why Paul says we have obtained the perfect law of liberty, but let us not use it for vice but for love,also Paul understood,that the dispensation of grace, in other words meant the dispensation of love,and says love is the fulfilling of the law, because he knows there is a law in operation which must be obeyed.remember the part of matte w i quoted about the judgment God told the people, whom he rejected, depart from me you who practice lawlessness,so you see theirs a a law. David also attests to this when he says ''blessed are they whom You teach out of Your law''

I'm not sure today is the day of judgment. I believe hell is judgment. But I also believe that people, by their evil actions, bring destruction to themselves, as a result. I wouldn't equal that with God's judgment, though. I might be mistaken. It seems as if God looked on "usual sin" differently than on exploiting the weak and the helpless. In the Psalms, for example, or the law, we can see that a lot of sin has it's punishment in itself, but when somebody abuses the orphan or the widow, for example, then God Himself goes against him.

study closely the death of Lazarus, ull see that Jesus wanted it to happen that way, in order that He may give God glory

ur right though,to a large extent, we cant put His ways in a box......
but to a large extent too, His patterns are similar

I can't think of God as somebody who has "patterns." It's like saying: I figured Him out. I would feel utterly disrespectful saying such a thing. Good thing He's merciful.
Re: * by Sweetnecta: 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
@tiberius84;
by tiberius84(m): 1:09am

Eye for eye was not a command about what to perform, it was a restriction to how you could take revenge. Actually, revenge itself was considered forbidden if the act wasn't premeditated (that's what the refuge tows, set up all over the land, were about.) Before the law, it was the same cycle of revenge as it still is at many parts of the world. The law restricted it, revenge had to be of the same proportion, and it couldn't be a reason for counter-revenge.
You have presented a defense for Islam because all revenges are discouraged so much so that you can it is forbidden for those who truly fear Allah and hope in Him for Mercy. We still have a town as refuge where no fight or violence is permissible. It is Makka.

About Woodstock and practicality. Jesus didn't try to be practical but He was explaining what was behind the letter of the law. The Jews were happy to do the visible things but forget about the spirit of the law.
Is any group more spiritual than the muslims?

God couldn't let sin unforgiven, because He doesn't only loving, he's also perfect, therefore just. ]b]Would you consider a human judge, who let's a child-Molester and murderer go free saying "I forgive you", merciful, or just corrupted and raving mad?[/b] God can't do that.
God should be better than a judge who is governed by the law of the land. Remember the president is even under the law of the nation? They saw "no one is above the law". Does this apply to Yahweh, too? This is to show you that Allah could, while you say Yahweh couldnt. Who will ask or question or challenge God if He shows abundant Mercy where you expect "perfect Justice"? Yet the attorneys seeking leniency for guilty defendant ask the court to temper mercy with justice, meaning give us mercy oh court [the judge on the bench], instead of giving us the full weight of the justice [such a court may just put the defendant on probation instead of throwing in prison]. God should be better. Allah is Perfect in Mercy, Full of Mercy.

God, however, provided a way through the death of Jesus. The payment was made. That's how you can go to God and ask for His mercy: because the way has already been made.
And Jesus didnt see it fit to say this while he said I was sent but only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel? This your statement it gets as he be o. Not true at all.

Actually, Abraham was justified by His faith in God's promise, even though it didn't happen yet (Jesus came hundreds of years later) and he didn't know about the exact details. But, his faith in God was counted for him as righteousness.
The Friend of God depends on Jesus or promise of Jesus? Give us the verse or verses from the lips of Abraham or Jesus or anyone in between. You will not find it. Never mind what Paul said Jesus said.

And that's where we arrive at the same conclusion about asking for mercy: yes, you can go to God and ask for His mercy, and He will forgive. The difference between our understanding is that I know that it cost God a lot that He can be so forgiving toward us.
It does not cost God anything to forgive. He, God is Forgiving, Merciful. He owns Forgiveness. Which is of greater effort; creation of man or forgiveness of man? If is creation, then forgiving the creation is easier. Look, a designer of bridge will spend more energy to build it than what it will take him to maintain it, repairing bit by bit so that it does not crumble like that. Allah says your Lord is your Maintainer. Allah is Superior in His Forgiveness by His Mercy.

I agree that the doctrine of Trinity is not a concept that can be solved by math
Nothing in christianity makes sense. Nothing, except what Islam agrees in. If you know anything out this, let me know.

(however, even though 1+1+1 is not equal 1, 1x1x1 is; it's not a solution,
How about 1-1-1? 2 formulas destroyed Trinity.

it's just showing that there are more ways to look at it the same thing.) This subject has been an issue of much debate, and it's quite possible that it simply can't be understood by man – even if it is so, it doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense.
And you are a man? God is not the Author of confusion. At least not giving weak man something he cant make simple sense of. I hope you dont think you are talking to people who dont reason?

God isn't that of confusion, but God is awesome. Let's imagine I have a cat. I'm not confusing, yet my little cat can't understand everything about my nature and my purposes. I'm just way beyond the capacity of it's little brain, there's nothing to do about it. Still, it can trust me for giving it food every morning. Not that I actually have a cat =)
thank God there is a pavlov salivating dog experiment. Your cat will expect you to give him cat food in the day at some point when you are up and moving about. If for days you dont feed him as you used to do that he had come to associate you with, then you have created confusion. This is similar to God forgiving Adam, Eve an all He had forgiven before, until you claimed a slanted process of forgiveness for God and heap it all on Jesus who came for only the lost sheep of Israel. You are confusing all. Thank God I have comfort in Allah Who does not ask for blood of anyone before He Forgives repenting persons.

Anyway I wasn't trying to prove Trinity, I just needed it for my explanation because this is one of Christianity's defining doctrines, clearly seen in how the Bible describes the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
unworkable equation for One God i say if 3 elements are there to prove 1. 1 is enough for 1 as evidence of 1 as complete 1.

About Jesus as servant. He Himself made himself "of no reputation."
You have no evidence or proof to support your baseless statement. It must come from God and or Jesus without anything or verse from the bibles debunking it.

It was a choice He made,
No. He was a servant and nothing else. Servant like servants before him; Noah, Abraham to name a few.

to give up on being as God, and come and live like a man, just so that He can reconcile mankind with Himself.
I dont wanna poke fun at you because this is a serious matter. But Jesus is no God because there is One God. That God is the Lord that Jesus prostrated to. You are insulting our intelligence with your making the "son of man" more than son of man and you are no better than a hindu in faith in God with your statement about Jesus as God. Remember the hindus make everything God, too? You are in a bad company, man.

Also, servanthood is considered contemptible in human terms, but Jesus says in Luke 22: "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave – just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." – Jesus places servanthood (giving yourself for others) as the highest thing, and He wasn't only talking about it, He was the greatest example. God stooped down to us nobodies, coming to us as a mere man, then dying for us, who deserved nothing. Only so that He can forgive us our sins and give us mercy.
When did Jesus ruled over any gentile, if you remember him saying from your Bibles "I am only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"? when was a gentle from the house of Israel, and now a lost sheep from it? Please give up bad speech.

I read this story in an article from William C. Chittick about Muhammad where, in the end of the story, he says: "God puts into hellfire only those who refuse to go anywhere else." I absolutely agree. God is reaching out to everyone, every day, trying to convince them of their sinfulness, and their need for help from Him, and it takes a lifetime of resisting Him to go to hell (exactly as the story above tells.) Anybody who humbles himself and accepts he need God's forgiveness will be forgiven. Christian or Muslim or Hindu. God (Allah) is merciful indeed, He judges the heart, He doesn't judge one's knowledge about Him.
I will ignore your listing of Christian or Muslim or Hindu, but focus on the reality that you ignore and try to spin a web around it. Muhammad [sa] says in that quote that there is no blood of anyone, neither innocent or the guilty to avoid hellfire but enter Paradise. I think you missed that part. Thats the Superiority of the Mercy and Forgiveness from Allah over fake Gods or maybe fake concepts of God.
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2012
cescky: ... u see some people, who try all their lives to be holy and indeed,they are holy before God and indeed sanctified saints, fail in their jobs and careers, though they are blameless, and sincerely fear God and lead a life of righteousness, but fail in their jobs or lack financially, do u think God is punishing them ? no they in ignorance of the law of faith,

Let me stop here real quick. The "law of faith" is not that we can get things. In fact, faith is never in the "things." Faith is in God: "without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6) As we read on, it talks about the reward, it turns out that it's not riches or health or a careless life: "By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward." Moses esteemed the reproach of Christ greater riches than anything this world could've given him! And the reward was something that Moses never experienced – not in this life, at least.

Jesus said: "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14) But what is "in my name" means? Is it appending "in the name of Jesus" at the end of whatever I want? In that case, let me come up to you and say "give me all your money, in the name of Jesus." Asking something in the name of Jesus means "asking something Jesus Himself would ask," as we can see it in 1 John 5:14: "if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." Can we always know His will? Of course not. But we can know His character, so we can know the things we're to ask for. Can He have other plans still? Of course. He's God, His ways are much higher than our ways.

go thru distress [...] what am i saying, as u think so u are, and it is always unto us as we believe,

No, I absolutely don't say anything like that. Compare your statement to what the three Jewish boys said to this pagan king after they refused to worship him, and faced death by fire: "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." (Daniel 3) They knew God had the power to set them free (and that's what God indeed did) but they, in humility, had no demands toward God. They were still only worshiping Him if He chose to not set them free. (Interestingly, Nebuchadnezzar would later become a believer of the true God.)

I agree that many of God's children, righteous before His eyes by Christ, suffer. Saying it's because of their lack of faith is a cruel accusation. Try saying that to a boy who was born into a little shack in the middle of the wilderness, his parents dying of AIDS. Will God heal his parents if he turns to God? He can. But if not, would it be because the little dude had no faith? Are we really in the position to judge such things?

Having amazing faith in something doesn't make it happen. Having faith the size of a mustard seed IN GOD is what can move mountains.

and non Christians etc unconsciously practice this law, become a success material

Really? Did God turn into some kind of a rigged slot machine while I wasn't looking?

HE IS GOD, AWESOME AND WONDERFUL.

Is it really like that we just need to figure out the "right formula" and then use God? Could we corner the Almighty Creator into blessing us by magic tricks?​?​? Or, even better, just by accident, stumbling upon the formula. Oh, snap! God forgot to hide it well enough, He should've known better. Really?

This is heresy from hell! I beg you, think it through and reconsider how you think about our loving Father. Did you ever go up to your dad saying, "Ha! I figured it out! If I say 'phleaaaaase' with the proper intonation, you MUST give me what I want!" How did it go? Would it make your relationship better? Or would you just make him very sad by treating him as just a tool, a thing, to get stuff.

Paul, in his 1st letter to Timothy, talks about such "men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain."

see job as an example, we see that, it is what her feared that came upon him, nothing else,nothing bad, evil can happen to a christian if he has no fear of that thing

Job said a lot of things, and God rebuked him for them, afterwards. Bringing up something God Himself denied was true is not sound theology. I don't even get how this crazy theory developed, by the way. We can actually read the very reason behind Job's suffering: Satan was trying to turn him against God. It had nothing to do with what he was afraid of.
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
I'll have to leave to the airport soon so I won't have time to respond in detail just yet. Please give me a few days.

Until then, let me point out that if Muhammad's words about what Allah said can be used in an argument, then so can Paul's words about what Jesus said. You can't just dismiss Paul when we're talking about Christian doctrine any more than I could dismiss Muhammad when we're talking about Islam.

I have a problem. You keep repeating Jesus was only sent to "the lost sheep of Israel," without even acknowledging I already responded to that. That will not cut it in a meaningful argument. If you don't agree with my explanation, please at least respond to it.

Many prophecies of Messiah were clear about the universal nature of His ministry. I already quoted Genesis 12, which you silently ignored.

Jesus, after He resurrected, sent out the first Christians (not yet called as such) in an ever-increasing sphere of influence: "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and then all the rest – can you see the pattern?

While He was walking on the earth, He was indeed ministering only to Israel. He was fulfilling the prophecies that were given to Israel in Israel – the Jews got the law, they got the promise of Messiah, they were the ones prepared by God for His coming. But the Jews are not in any way exceptional for the results of His ministry – they were only the people God used to bring forgiveness for everyone. It's everywhere in the New Testament, for example it says the good news (of Jesus) "is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." (Romans 1)

Jesus Himself said we're to go and make disciples of every nations. I already quoted Him saying it.
Re: * by Sweetnecta: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
@tiberius84:
That was during the three years, before He died. You might notice that even then, He did set free the woman's daughter from being possessed by demons.
i am ashamed for you who continue to say a prophet of God died a cursed man. If you say he was God the whole believers are ashamed for you. Why would God want to be on earth, change His Nature away fro being God, die a gruesome death in the hands of a few from a tribe, left for dead on a tree, hung, etc and finally can not get 3 nights and 3 days right?

Jesus did come to die. He said so, as quoted before: "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."
i didnt see death in the bold though he said he can for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Who are the "lost sheep of the house of Israel"? Can you tell me if any Nigerian in this, anyone outside the jews?

After He died and rose, right before He ascended to heaven, He said: "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and (as your going) make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." It's in Matthew 20. But even in the Old Testament, many prophecies talk about it. Genesis 12, for example, where God blesses Abraham: "in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."
Are all the descendants of Abraham [as] only from Jacob? Only from Isaac? Not so. The one who was alive when Abraham was blessed as you quoted was Ishmael [as] who God took responsibility in naming him. He was part of the covenants because circumcision to mark this covenant was performed on him by his father Abraham. Isaac came many years later. When Yahweh said Ishmael would be a blessed and great nations, you do not expect it will be only oil or abaya and jilbab, covering the body only, but will lack spiritual frontline? God is not unjust and He was not going to change on Ishmael. Ishmael never was recorded to be an evil man or suspected of any evil. It will not be surprising that his bloodline will be a prophet [sa], hence fitting the man Jesus said will come after him to convince the world of sin, hear from God and speak to man about it, etc.

I say the above about Muhammad [sa] to show you that your talking about authority being given suddenly to Jesus of the Bible does mean little. After all the same Jesus, satan was reported to have told him "all things on earth has been given me, so worship me so that I can give them to you". Has that been the outcome, finally? For me and the muslims, we say that is not the case and what was said about Jesus in the Bible if more than being prophet of God, is absolutely rejected.

If Jesus is God, He can say "fool" – first of all, He has the knowledge. Second, God (unlike us) is the Creator, He has the right to judge.
and you had said God hates sin above. Does God go against His Own rules? Could you tell me an incident that God changed His Own rule? Please dont quote Trinity or man God as example because this discussion is all about those fallacies. The Holy God will not warn people from evil and then indulge in it.

But it's not even that. When Jesus says that ("whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire"wink He's comparing the written law to God's actual requirements. The Jews tried to honor the letter of the law, but they didn't care about what was behind it, and that's what Jesus was talking about. You can see how He went through many of the commandments in that same chapter (Matthew 5.)
Do you know what are the requirements of God and what are behind them? The jews who didnt care about what is behind the law were the "lost sheep" and I am sure the whole christendom has violated the greatest of the essence of the Law [God is One and He is not on earth, not human but Unique and does not act like human, Capable and Independent enough to do all things befitting Him, while all depend on Him, He does not depend or in need of anything. All worship befits Him from human and other creations as He had commanded upon each group].

The problem is that everybody sins. Let's assume I live a perfect life. I also do many good things. If I steal something, will I not be judged? (I'm talking about justice, not that it's "not a big deal." ) Would my good deeds undo (completely erase) that one small thing? Could I stand up before God and say: "I am good enough even for You, I deserve to go to heaven"?
But why will somebody else be standing up saying he is good enough "even for You [God]" to be this criminal [he points to you as the criminal], saying to God "you [the criminal] deserves to go to heaven? If the first is not make sense and I agree with you that it is arrogance. So is the other. And Jesus reinforced it by saying "The Only One Who is Good is God". Remember that?

The only reason I can stand up before God is because He forgave me. And the only reason He could forgave me is because Jesus died for me. And the only reason Jesus died for me is so that He can forgive me...
God does not love you if the bold is factored in. Love is direct and not indirect, even among mortal. Why does God to love His creatures because of another creature or indirectly? God forgives all sins, as long as you acknowledge Him by getting away from the sin of not fully recognizing Him as your Cherisher Lord. God didn't need anyone to permit Him before He created. He created because He is the Creator. He will forgive because He is the Forgiver of those who seek forgiveness. Remember Adam and Eve? They were forgiven while arrogant satan was not. The difference was one group sort forgiveness and the arrogant didnt.

The judgment is death, but "it was not possible that He should be held by it." (Acts 2:24)
Every soul shall taste death. Everyone. None of your saints is here today. They are all dead. And I am sure you will take them to be righteous with God. All who have been righteous have died. Jesus and ELijah and another [Enoch] were lifted up. No one says Elijah died on earth. Thats even a bigger miracle. Yet no one claims he is God. The bone of dead Elias or another rose somebody from the dead. It i a dead argument that you are presenting to support fallacy. Your heart is not accepting it and you term it "mystery". And unfortunately, after all that you claim for Jesus you will present seeking forgiveness by individuals from God. Jesus already said some of y'all he will deny. I wonder why? You you know, after you claimed he had died for you? What is the value of the death even to him who says he will deny you? What value does the dying have for you, if he denies you and you still fail and sentenced?
Re: * by Sweetnecta: 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Tiberius84:
"Immanuel" literally means "God is with us" in Hebrew, and it's not Jesus' personal name, but His descriptive name: He's God who came to us.
IshmaEl IsraEl all contain God just like EmmanuEl. While the first two were actually called these names, Jesus was called Jesus and not Emmanuel, a direct proof that the name did not stick, considering that "God is not a man or son of man". Jesus said he was a an and son of man. Think about it.

... king, ruler which he was not within the jewish people,
he failed the litmus test with those he was exclusively send to. how do you claim the completely impossible for him then? maybe the way he is your God, the evidences opposing reality?

His kingship, as He explained to the Pharisees whose picture of Messiah was that of a military leader, was "not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here." (John 18)
God in His Wisdom have used the Bible to answer you, pointing to me the confusion of this statement. We had good leaders who were kings and rulers in this world. David and his son Solomon [as] were 2 examples. There was a law giver who was a judge. His name was Moses [as]. The Lord of heavens is also the Lord of this world, and He is One God Whom Jesus prostrated to. If you are saying that Jesus didnt fight makes him special, there were many prophets who didnt fight because fighting was not prescribed to them. John [as] was one of them. So was his father, Zacharia [as].

But i need to remind you that the condition of Jesus was the same as the condition of Moses in Egypt before exodus and the condition of Muhammad [sa] in Makka before hijra to Madina. Both, God did not make fighting and victorious for them until they had a separate community of "believers" behind them away from the idolaters. Jesus never was a leader of no standing community except a small one; the 12 disciples. Do you realize that Jesus asked swords be acquired by the disciples? And he asked people to stand guard, though they fell asleep? That when they came to arrest him some ear was chopped off? I tell you, the reason Jesus didnt fight was simple; fight was not prescribed for him, hence the crowd that followed him were fainted at heart and with them being of "little faith" he knew any battle will be suicidal. And prophets [as] do not practice suicidal, and must be unlike Samson.

Jesus, before He died, talked about sending the comforter (or helper), and it's universally understood parallel to His statement after He resurrected: "He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, 'which,' He said, 'you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.'" (Acts 1:4-5) And it indeed happened not much time later, as we read about it in the beginning of Acts, chapter 2: "When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."
so i ask you has Jesus returned as he promised the same disciples to really show me that it may be possible that the event of the day of pentecost may even be the event of the another comforter coming to the disciples? If Jesus pass in one; I will be back in your lifetime guys. It may help us accept that the holy spirit which is unseen is the another comforter that will hear from God. Then speak to man. {I often wonder if God needs to wait to hear God before God speaks to man?].

If Jesus that was body and flesh didnt fulfill his personal promise to those who knew him, how was another comforter which is spirit going to come because Jesus said so? It does not make sense because if you are not making good on your promise, how can you vouch for another entity and expect those who have sound mind to believe you? By the way what new lesson did the another comforter teach? What correction did he make? Show me where the disciples recorded it. By the way anyone who did less than what Jesus said the another comforter will do is not the another comforter. If the holy spirit did not tell the disciples what God told him, he failed being the another comforter. If we are still waiting for the return of Jesus, yet those he promised already died, they may not be the people he was actually going to return in their lifetime, in the same way that the another comforter was not meant for them, because they may not have fell into any error that correction must be made to. How about 610 years after the statement if we are still expecting Jesus to return "immediately" while still waiting after over 2,000 years?

I agree that all God is asking for is sincere repentance. As James (in chapter 4) quotes the Proverbs of King Solomon: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

I know that Islam has very clear rules about what to do and how to live. God, when He gave the law to Moses, gave similarly clear rules. But, nobody could keep the law! I mean, people could keep it more or less, but if somebody breaks the tiniest part of the law, he breaks the entire law. We learn it from the letter to the Romans (chapter 7) that the law is good, but it's purpose was not to make us good, but to show us that we're evil. We know we are sinners because we break the law. Everybody does things that even his own conscience says: "IT'S BAD." Actually, Paul in this same letter, in chapter 1, says that those who doesn't know the written law of Moses will be judged by the law God put in their own conscience.
Notice you praise Islam. Let me praise Islam more clearly in the contest of sin, forgiveness, etc. We do not have perfect humans so God allows and expects mistakes, sins and seeking repentance which He accepts. A person who consumes alcohol will be said to have broken all the laws in Islam. The person who steals will not be looked at in the same way as a person who performed adultery or as an outright disbeliever who is not a muslim who practices idolatry or other forms of association with God. But forgiveness through personal sincere repentance wipe off any and all sins. A disbeliever has his sin of disbelief wiped off when he enters Islam by making the declaration. I see how Merciful God is in Islam instead of the rigidity of God you expressed in judaism where a mere jot for a moment is considered disregard of everything or in christianity where human blood is needed, the same one you said shed his blood had clearly told you he will say to a lot of you that he does not know you. I am grateful to God that today is friday, a day to renew my faith even more so and I know that God has promised He will allow intercession and accept of Muhammad [sa] on behalf of believers.
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
You quote me saying "I know that Islam has very clear rules about what to do and how to live." You say I praised Islam. Please notice, I did not praise Islam. I simply acknowledged that it places a lot of stress on rules and regulations. Maybe you thought it was praise because, from from an Islamic point of view, clear rules and regulations are a good thing. Christianity won't give you that. You wont have five prayers, or things to recite. But we're adopted to God's family, as His children. My relationship to my Father is not based on what I can do for Him, or on rituals I can perform. It's based on His unconditional love for me. He will help me do good, and I will want to do good, not because I want to earn a reward, but because I can love Him because He loved me first. "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Your quotes from the Bible disregard context. Or did you forget about how that ear you mentioned was healed right after? You can explain into a short sentence anything you like, it won't prove anything. Or maybe it's just that you filter it by the Islam way of thinking? Like the way you're denying the death of Jesus, probably not because the words "to give His life for many" are not clear enough but because Islam teaches that Jesus didn't die on the cross, and because you can't make sense of it. It's because the God that Islam believes in is vastly different than the God we Christians know: One who, though Almighty, would stoop down to us worms.

Until now, I used nothing of the ammunition current news gives me about the mercifulness of the followers of Islam, but let's get real for a moment.

You talk about forgiveness that doesn't require blood, yet what we see today is bloody revenge over a silly movie, doing "justice" on people who's only sin against Muhammad was that they were born of the same nation than someone else was. And the hundreds of Christians around Jos each year, cut down, burned, shot? We can talk about lofty ideals and exchange smart arguments forever, but what does reality around us say? Sorry I have to break it to you, but the mercy you're talking about just doesn't seem to be happening.

Let me post a link to an article about a very core difference between Islam and Christianity: how they handle the mocking of their leader. http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/the-mocking-of-muhammad-and-condemning-of-christ
Re: * by tiberius84(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
(double post, sorry)
Re: * by Sweetnecta: 1:04am On Sep 15, 2012
@Tiberius84:
All the other disciples and the whole contemporary church accepted that Paul met Jesus (in a revelation when he got converted from persecuting the early church, but maybe at other times.) The early Christians were very (VERY) strict about what they excepted as a holy writing, and the fact that Paul's letters made the cut proves it that his writings were thoroughly trusted by the whole Christian church as the word of God. If we're talking about Christianity, Paul's writings are just as authoritative as the Gospels. In fact, Luke, the writer of one of the gospels and the Book of Acts, was a traveling companion to Paul.
the last bold proved the points of the muslims that no eye witness wrote about Jesus who preached the Gospel given to him instead of the gospels written about him in the Bible. There is no way if Luke was a disciple will now be relegated to being a companion of Paul instead of Paul being his companion [follower]. How can what Paul provides be the word of God when he stated that he did not receive any guidance from God when he said he was penning his own opinion on marriage and women speaking, including demanding for his own cloak? His demand for his cloak be brought along is now word of God? Do you know that there was no church in the lifetime of Jesus, pointing out your mistake in the first bold? No word in hebrew language of Jesus to mean church. at least not when Jesus was alive who probably familiar with synagogue, if at all.

I think I wasn't clear about my comment about "knowing God correctly." When I wrote about living "a life as one who knows is accepted by God" meant that because I know God's character, I can be assured that my life is safely hidden in His hands, and that I am forgiven for all my sins. I can be sure that He accepts me as His child (a thing that, I think, sounds very scandalously from an Islamic point of view.) And I know that it doesn't depend on my own goodness and worthiness but on His grace and His mercy. I tried to contrast this correct knowledge of God to the sadness of not knowing God correctly, which results in continuous fear from His wrath (as if He was constantly trying to find in me), and trying to become "good enough" for Him (which is impossible!) But one who knows God's character correctly knows it that He would never reject even the worst sinner who repents and humbly comes to Him for forgiveness.
i do hope you read your writing because you shift from knowing God without giving us how to not truly knowing what will happen to you without giving us any reason to now follow you to this opposite position you hold while you insist you that you a son [son should be sure of what dad will do]. I am a slave and I am sure of what my Master will do. In all your argument above Jesus is not present. And if you say that he is present, he already said he will deny you as he will say he does not know you. In either case you may not be a winner.

But, other parts of the law were a very clear and detailed description about how to worship God: the different sacrifices, the different feasts, and the like.
so tell me how believers should pray at night, by contrasting your prayer to the standing, prostrating of face to bowing of the head that Jesus did all night long in Gethsemane? I wanna know if you are following Jesus or you are just writing and not actually following him by actions.

Jesus says in Matthew 5: "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." (If you go to a Jewish Pessach dinner, it's almost creepy how every little thing is a reference to Jesus, including His death.)
i can safely say that you may have seen a real jew 'live' few times or even everyday, but you have not attended any of their seder, including the passach [passover] dinner. I have attended many, in my days of ignorance and i am sorry to say, no one ever mentioned Jesus since they do not even believe him. I think you are making your statement about Jesus and passover [a non religious but only ethnic/traditional event] dinner from the Jews for Jesus who are christians, anyway. The tribal jews which includes religious and non religious jews practice the seder because it is an ethnic thing for all of them. Judaism and for the most part all observe passover, whether he or she is religious or not. This is their religion as they say "our tradition is our religion or identity". God does not need them to observe the passover anymore but it a self imposition similar how Jacob forbade himself from eating the hindquarter of cattle, a tradition that the jews includes non consumption of milk with meat. I am sure you dont know this. Go on goggle and research it. the non religious jews and majority of the religious jews have walked away from the slightest remnant of how God wants the jews and all humans to worship Him. While Jesus demonstrated it by his prayer in Gethsemane, only the muslims hold on to it, today. And observing the prophets, the muslims still slaughter in remembrance and in the everlasting tradition of Ibrahim [as] intention of sacrifice of his son in obedience to God.

Now that the worshipping God in that prescribed way no longer makes the same sense,
note that you did not tell us how they used to worship God everyday and what they also do in addition to it on sabbath. You cant even tell us how Jesus worshiped and kept the laws and the prophets and you are now saying these are now irrelevant. How irrelevant are they when Jesus not even a jot should anyone encourage anyone to abolish?

as the one who they pointed at has already come. The letter to the Hebrews, chapter 9 talks about it. In the same letter, in chapter 7 we read: "For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God."
how can you accept the bold when it is against the advise of Jesus that abolishing the least of the laws will make one the least in the kingdom of heaven? No wonder Jesus will say to you guys "i do not know ye".

Now, that Jesus came, worship is different.
But Jesus said no one should abolish the laws and the prophets?

Jesus said: "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him." (John 4:23) It means that worshipping God is not about the form,
The same form that Jesus observed and told people to uphold? What is the use of his saying "whosoever abolishes and encourages anyone to do so, he will be the least in the kingdom of heaven?" You can leave Jesus behind and tell him you are moving forward with him. The two cant happen at the same time. If they can, here is your chance to tell us.

it's about being filled with His Spirit and being in His truth.
if spirit was to fill any group, if the bibles recorded Jesus accurately, it was the 12 disciples. there is no carry forward at all.

In fact, our very lives must bring glory to God, be a testimony of His grace, that's real worship.
worship is different. Unless you can show me where Jesus said what you are insinuating, and i hope you will not forget that Jesus said no one should abolish what he himself practiced of the laws and the prophets.

So, I won't be able to give you a full detail, because life is too detailed for that =)
And here you are trying to convince or convert me? This is awful. I can tell you about worship in Islam. It is both internal and external. External; salah, zakat, sadaqah, sawm, hajj, recitation of Quran, etc. Internal: Not associating anything with God, having hope in Him that He will sustain you and forgive you, never losing hope in His Mercy, trusting Him that He will fulfill His Promises and His Mercy is available to you, attaching your heart to Him and your soul ever yearning for Him. I can give you a forever list and all my muslim brothers and sisters on Nairaland and the world at large will accept everyone of them. Islam is complete in the lifetime of Muhammad [sa] and no future comforter will appear in Islam to correct, lead to a different truth, etc like Jesus said of the another comforter to his disciples.

(It might cause some confusion that Christians often call singing songs "worship." But that's just to say that "we're singing to worship God" (e.g. proclaiming how great, merciful, glorious, full of grace He is), it's not saying that "worship equals singing to God" – worship is much more than that.)
there is no place you are told to offer the bold as worship. No place. You have no worship and you can not tell me a prescribed process of worship from God, except that you come to Quran the Islamic Holy Book.

(The Christian view of mercy v.s. grace is this: mercy is being forgiven though I deserve judgment, grace is being given good things even though I deserve the opposite.)
everyone is in judgement except by the Mercy of God. The Mercy of God the Gracious, if you will is Grace from Him because He is Gracious. I dont see anything special and unique to christianity here since Allah is The Gracious.

[b]I will try my best, I am very busy now (I'm already abusing my sleeping time just to answer you smiley) But I'll do my best and I'll definitely go on your thread. Just give me a few days; my brother's wedding is in three days, and it means I have to fly to another country! =)[/b
I wish you brother a happy married life. We will be hear InshaAllah when you are ready to talk about the obvious, about.

I don't quite agree to what cescy wrote there. God will not punish the innocent. Now, of course, the problem is, we can see (really) innocent people around… But still, one thing I know about God: He knows us completely, He will not judge anybody who's not worthy of it, and He will not judge anybody who asks Him for forgiveness, even if His knowledge is incomplete about Him. Why would He, when it's only by His convicting us that we even realize we need to turn to Him: "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day," says Jesus in John 6:44. So, even just turning to God and asking His forgiveness is a gift of God!
so you are deceitfully making Jesus God here, thinking you can gloss over it and I will not pay attention? remember i walked into this discussion because of the op ed, the first post you made. so i dont see how cescy is the one I am talking to here, but you? You are the one who brought the story of the arab woman. You are the one who is indecisive if God is Capable all by Himself or it is He and Jesus or Jesus alone that can forgive man, created weak.

I'm not shivering for hating my neighbor either. Since the moment that I got saved by God's grace I know that God adopted me into His family, now He is my Father, not because I'm good or because I'll never sin again (I'm still imperfect, obviously), but [b]on account of His Son: "In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God." (John 16:26-27)
you are a son of God on one hand, yet you have to depend on "His son" and you are saying that you are not perfect, after all of that. This is weird because son of God should be perfect, have complete knowledge. You obviously lack both and we already know that Jesus said he did not know everything and he was not God, but God in heaven is Perfect and knows everything. I am certain neither you now he is son of God. The Quran responds to your claim of being son of God by saying why does God punish you: just like He punishes even those of us who say we are slaves? And He punishes severely: you or anyone.

I didn't quite get what cescy meant there... But anyway, Jesus of course wasn't a "Christian," that name was given by the mockers of the "Way" (as the early Christians simply called themselves.) But they thought of being persecuted for Christ their Lord as an honor, and accepted that name. So, "Christian" is just a name, the concept is being a disciple of Christ Jesus. "Christ" is greek for the Jewish word "Messiah" which stands for (God's) "Annointed" – the one who God sent (anointing somebody with oil was the sign of giving authority or assigning a position, such as kingship.) Jesus couldn't have been his own disciple or follower, obviously =)
did Jesus have a religion was my statement to you, tough your religion is christianity? If your religion is different from his or your method of worship is different from his, you are definitely not following him. "Way" is sirat or deem in arabic. The way is therefore the way of righteousness; siratal mustaquim from Surah Fatiha. John was anointed. So was Moses an many many more. Your argument is not strong and I hereby invite you to Islam. Take it and be benefited.
Re: * by Sweetnecta: 1:08am On Sep 15, 2012
@Tiberius84:
the last bold proved the points of the muslims that no eye witness wrote about Jesus who preached the Gospel given to him instead of the gospels written about him in the Bible. There is no way if Luke was a disciple will now be relegated to being a companion of Paul instead of Paul being his companion [follower]. How can what Paul provides be the word of God when he stated that he did not receive any guidance from God when he said he was penning his own opinion on marriage and women speaking, including demanding for his own cloak? His demand for his cloak be brought along is now word of God? Do you know that there was no church in the lifetime of Jesus, pointing out your mistake in the first bold? No word in hebrew language of Jesus to mean church. at least not when Jesus was alive who probably familiar with synagogue, if at all.

i do hope you read your writing because you shift from knowing God without giving us how to not truly knowing what will happen to you without giving us any reason to now follow you to this opposite position you hold while you insist you that you a son [son should be sure of what dad will do]. I am a slave and I am sure of what my Master will do. In all your argument above Jesus is not present. And if you say that he is present, he already said he will deny you as he will say he does not know you. In either case you may not be a winner.

But, other parts of the law were a very clear and detailed description about how to worship God: the different sacrifices, the different feasts, and the like.
so tell me how believers should pray at night, by contrasting your prayer to the standing, prostrating of face to bowing of the head that Jesus did all night long in Gethsemane? I wanna know if you are following Jesus or you are just writing and not actually following him by actions.

Jesus says in Matthew 5: "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." (If you go to a Jewish Pessach dinner, it's almost creepy how every little thing is a reference to Jesus, including His death.)
i can safely say that you may have seen a real jew 'live' few times or even everyday, but you have not attended any of their seder, including the passach [passover] dinner. I have attended many, in my days of ignorance and i am sorry to say, no one ever mentioned Jesus since they do not even believe him. I think you are making your statement about Jesus and passover [a non religious but only ethnic/traditional event] dinner from the Jews for Jesus who are christians, anyway. The tribal jews which includes religious and non religious jews practice the seder because it is an ethnic thing for all of them. Judaism and for the most part all observe passover, whether he or she is religious or not. This is their religion as they say "our tradition is our religion or identity". God does not need them to observe the passover anymore but it a self imposition similar how Jacob forbade himself from eating the hindquarter of cattle, a tradition that the jews includes non consumption of milk with meat. I am sure you dont know this. Go on goggle and research it. the non religious jews and majority of the religious jews have walked away from the slightest remnant of how God wants the jews and all humans to worship Him. While Jesus demonstrated it by his prayer in Gethsemane, only the muslims hold on to it, today. And observing the prophets, the muslims still slaughter in remembrance and in the everlasting tradition of Ibrahim [as] intention of sacrifice of his son in obedience to God.

Now that the worshipping God in that prescribed way no longer makes the same sense,
note that you did not tell us how they used to worship God everyday and what they also do in addition to it on sabbath. You cant even tell us how Jesus worshiped and kept the laws and the prophets and you are now saying these are now irrelevant. How irrelevant are they when Jesus not even a jot should anyone encourage anyone to abolish?

as the one who they pointed at has already come. The letter to the Hebrews, chapter 9 talks about it. In the same letter, in chapter 7 we read: "For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God."
how can you accept the bold when it is against the advise of Jesus that abolishing the least of the laws will make one the least in the kingdom of heaven? No wonder Jesus will say to you guys "i do not know ye".

Now, that Jesus came, worship is different.
But Jesus said no one should abolish the laws and the prophets?

Jesus said: "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him." (John 4:23) It means that worshipping God is not about the form,
The same form that Jesus observed and told people to uphold? What is the use of his saying "whosoever abolishes and encourages anyone to do so, he will be the least in the kingdom of heaven?" You can leave Jesus behind and tell him you are moving forward with him. The two cant happen at the same time. If they can, here is your chance to tell us.

it's about being filled with His Spirit and being in His truth.
if spirit was to fill any group, if the bibles recorded Jesus accurately, it was the 12 disciples. there is no carry forward at all.

In fact, our very lives must bring glory to God, be a testimony of His grace, that's real worship.
worship is different. Unless you can show me where Jesus said what you are insinuating, and i hope you will not forget that Jesus said no one should abolish what he himself practiced of the laws and the prophets.

So, I won't be able to give you a full detail, because life is too detailed for that =)
And here you are trying to convince or convert me? This is awful. I can tell you about worship in Islam. It is both internal and external. External; salah, zakat, sadaqah, sawm, hajj, recitation of Quran, etc. Internal: Not associating anything with God, having hope in Him that He will sustain you and forgive you, never losing hope in His Mercy, trusting Him that He will fulfill His Promises and His Mercy is available to you, attaching your heart to Him and your soul ever yearning for Him. I can give you a forever list and all my muslim brothers and sisters on Nairaland and the world at large will accept everyone of them. Islam is complete in the lifetime of Muhammad [sa] and no future comforter will appear in Islam to correct, lead to a different truth, etc like Jesus said of the another comforter to his disciples.

there is no place you are told to offer the bold as worship. No place. You have no worship and you can not tell me a prescribed process of worship from God, except that you come to Quran the Islamic Holy Book.

everyone is in judgement except by the Mercy of God. The Mercy of God the Gracious, if you will is Grace from Him because He is Gracious. I dont see anything special and unique to christianity here since Allah is The Gracious.

[b]I will try my best, I am very busy now (I'm already abusing my sleeping time just to answer you smiley) But I'll do my best and I'll definitely go on your thread. Just give me a few days; my brother's wedding is in three days, and it means I have to fly to another country! =)[/b
I wish you brother a happy married life. We will be hear InshaAllah when you are ready to talk about the obvious, about.

so you are deceitfully making Jesus God here, thinking you can gloss over it and I will not pay attention? remember i walked into this discussion because the first post you made. so i dont see how cescy is the one I am talking to here, but you? You are the one who brought the story of the arab woman. You are the one who is indecisive if God is Capable all by Himself or it is He and Jesus or Jesus alone that can forgive man, created weak.

I'm not shivering for hating my neighbor either. Since the moment that I got saved by God's grace I know that God adopted me into His family, now He is my Father, not because I'm good or because I'll never sin again (I'm still imperfect, obviously), but [b]on account of His Son: "In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God." (John 16:26-27)
you are a son of God on one hand, yet you have to depend on "His son" and you are saying that you are not perfect, after all of that. This is weird because son of God should be perfect, have complete knowledge. You obviously lack both and we already know that Jesus said he did not know everything and he was not God, but God in heaven is Perfect and knows everything. I am certain neither you now he is son of God. The Quran responds to your claim of being son of God by saying why does God punish you: just like He punishes even those of us who say we are slaves? And He punishes severely: you or anyone.

did Jesus have a religion was my statement to you, even though your religion is christianity? If your religion or method of worship is different from his, you are definitely not following him. "Way" is sirat or deem in arabic. The way is therefore the way of righteousness/straight way; siratal mustaquim from Surah Fatiha. John was anointed. So was Moses an many many more. Your argument is weak and I hereby invite you to Islam. Take it and be benefited.
Re: * by abrajproperties: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Islam is the way to paradise a complete religion for those who care for the truth! Jesus was a muslim! Christianity was fashioned after his death he knew nothing about it #

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is MouthAction In MARRAIGE A SIN? / What Is The Meaning Of Christ's Words In Matthew 10:34? / Another Proof That Jesus Christ Is Not An Angel!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 430
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.