Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists (60768 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) / 65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by licensed2k(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2012
lookin at his pix, i noticed he was spottin a black armband and dat probably says somethin abt who he was. . . He myt not have done anythin wrong, maybe he was jst a victim of countin scores. . .so sad though
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by decogrin(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2012
omoboy1:

Hahaha see this mumu. You just want to open your mouth and talk abi.
Who asked you if you are a neo-black he goat or whatever, who gives a flying fck about that,does it pay your bills? its ordinary people who hides behind a laptop to feel among even though they are jews of the highest order,guys who belong don't make noise about it,keep your vigilante group membership card to yourself, we don't care about it here and when you eventually gets hack down by peeps from other gang, go rot in hell! Native domdom

5 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Saintsquare(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2012
Many MEN on this forum

GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ezme(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2012
tellwisdom: OK he's dead, so??angry angry...una knw go let person hear word again?? angryangry

I expected better from you, judging from your age and sense of reasoning. You don't have to comment all the time to feel relevant in this forum. Real people and emotions are involved here
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by mrkels(m): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2012
KingOmarion: RIP fallen soilder.....You live by the sword ‎​α̲̅πϑ die by sword.He's probabily a member buh was not using his head wen he knows dat the heat was on.He shudv gone dir with something or rather stayed back.I weep for you Dan.You were brave during your initiation.Don't ask me how I know....AROMATE!!
Come you know every if danny boy was a cultist he wouldnt have entered ekosodin that night abi? y you dey contradict yourself ,you said hes a fallen soldier, said he was brave during his initiation and then you said hes PROBABLY a member?? Do well o make God se you bless
[size=15pt]@ALL DANIEL WASNT A CULT MEMBER.[/size]

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by piica(m): 8:01am On Sep 10, 2012
gentle guy wt heavy afro? Me think if he wasnt, d engine boys i kn wll ask him to shave, or be in soup. If u command popuplarity in engine dept then ur a strong man. Jews there are known by book attitude, and if he could have time for fine boy i doubt any could be left for jackin. R.i.p man.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by mrkels(m): 8:01am On Sep 10, 2012
licensed2k: lookin at his pix, i noticed he was spottin a black armband and dat probably says somethin abt who he was. . . He myt not have done anythin wrong, maybe he was jst a victim of countin scores. . .so sad though
You say black arm band abi? he was killed by that same black armed band in their territory. So definately he wasnt one of them
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by mrkels(m): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2012
piica: gentle guy wt heavy afro? Me think if he wasnt, d engine boys i kn wll ask him to shave, or be in soup. If u command popuplarity in engine dept then ur a strong man. Jews there are known by book attitude, and if he could have time for fine boy i doubt any could be left for jackin. R.i.p man.
[size=15pt]Daniel was a scholar, last i heard he was on 4.0 gpa...dont forget hes a very small boy who is just 23[/size]

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by gbadexy(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2012
ldpele: u equally sound like a solider too,am beginning to beleiv that they are loads of strong men on this forum
You reversing again? I left school in 2004 and I still get surprised that cultism still exist.
Up to half of the posters here are confirmed men.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ezme(m): 8:28am On Sep 10, 2012
The fact that there is a thread for him here only goes to show that people who know him actually believe he is innocent.Over 70 persons have died in benin-city in the last 3months. Did anyone start a thread for them? Cultism no be something when you fit hide. When a cultist is killed, no one comes out publicly to identify with them. forget the fact that this is a faceless forum.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by free2ryhme: 8:30am On Sep 10, 2012
ForDanny: Daniel ike, a final year chemical engineering student of the univerity of benin ,Edo State, was gruesomely murdered last night (07/08/2012) and left for dead at the most popular and dreaded Ekosodin. He was said to have been shot in the head at close range by some cult students. As at this moment,no one knows what the poor boy did to them, he was only in the area to see a friend when he was attacked and killed by these men. Daniel or afro as he was popularly known as was a God fearing,easy going, gently fine young man with prospects and a very promising future .

The young man just had 20 days to go before the completion of his Undergraduate program at the university of benin and some wicked souls thought it was a right to end his life. Imagine the pains his family would be going through right now.

NO FATHER ON EARTH SHOULD EVER BURY HIS SON. For how long would this continue in our universities and nothing would be done to bring these killers to book. This is not the first time this has happened in nigera and it would continue to happen until we nigerians address this issue. Let's face it, this could happen to anybody's son,brother,cousin or friend. Daniel ike was just unluky.

My dear nairalanders, we the friends of daniel have no voice and we have seen what happened to Cynthia Osokogu's killers and the swift action by the police in apprehending them, we really wish the same could happen to daniel ike's killers but we do not know where to start from and so we have decided to tell the story and hope the story would go accross nigeria and someone with a good heart would look at it and direct us on what to do to bring these killers to justice.

Attached below are some of his pictures he took in the just concluded final year week.
See what his friends are saying on his facebook wall: https://m.facebook.com/daniel.ike1?refid=17&m_sess=AVyj0-OnxC4MfX

Danny, Aka Afro, we love you and we miss you, rest in the bossom of the almighty God brother. By his grace your killers would be caught and would pay dearly for the numerous crimes they have commited against humanity.

When I read stories of about cultism there important information I am careful about. I attended UNIBEN I have stayed in Ekosodin( silveroaks Hostels- A dreaded cultist joint), BDPA, Osasogie, Dentistry quarters, Hall 4, Hall 3, & Hall 5... Cultists Don't kill innocent people except u are found in the room on the day of their visit then u are on your own. I have walked alone wee-hours of the day in these areas when I return home from reading.. For them to pull a hit on a victim then that person must have bin involved with or crossed them.. The conspiracy theory here is there is something he must have involved himself directly or indirectly related to cultist issue or he was one himself ... In university of Benin, I don't trust any fine boy or babe. Them no dey write cultism for face. I've stayed in a room for 2 years with a cultist without me knowing. I had three closed friends in my dept it was they day we submitted our project paper I read their dedications to their different cults i was gripped with cold. I discovered they were cultist and i have bin living eating sleeping reading and even drinking with them for four year. If this young man was hit few days before graduation then his hands is not clean there is something he his hiding about his identity. Is he the only one graduating? why was he singled out? why was he shot @ close range? why did they wait until it was close to graduation?

I have had my own share of cultism and there were several occasion in which a cultist saved my ass from his own member cultist. there was this one time i was confronted about a dark beautiful babe I dated in school prior before then a closed friend whom i later discovered to be a cultist confronted me about her identity. Guys your friend may not be an exception.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by licensed2k(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2012
mrkels:
You say black arm band abi? he was killed by that same black armed band in their territory. So definately he wasnt one of them

i wldnt know bruh, for all i know he myt also b another victim of *forgiveness is a sin* creed. . . All we can do here is to guess and speculate and maybe offer some heartily sympathy. We have a govt who doesnt give a Zap abt us as long as their pockets are gettin bigger, d police are one b.l.o.o.dy joke. they probably know who did it by now buh they wont finger them cuz na their padi for joints. . . a very crazy world we live in
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 10, 2012
How does dat change d fact dt he's dead. For one thing d guy is nt capable of all these things ur saying cz I knw him personally. He was my junior in uniben. May his soul rest in peace tho

stagger: If you say he was killed by cultists, then either:

1) He was a cultist himself and was able to live a double life that you his friends did not know (I be modern day graduate so I am not talking what I do not know).

2) A case of mistaken identity.

3) He crossed someone in a cult (girlfriend, maybe sat in the guy's favourite spot, etc). SO more info will be appreciated.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2012
I know d guy very well, i went to see my guy in benin and i found myself at dat same ekosodin, i've played table tennis, ball and even watch ball in his house, u never cant tell but d few times i spend there was ok wit me. R I P man, how i wish all dis rubbish could stop why are we killin ourself, wat is cult? Our parent send us to school to be somethin in future and u end up being killed at d start of ur happiness, dey killed my guy last month in delsu, abraka a final year guy writin his final year exam in his class. Dis is absolutely bad to our youths, our low mentality. Wen we will stop killin ourselves. Is high time youth wise up, we all have future not be killin our future wit devilish act. U're killin someone, are u d one who created d life. Remember we all are going there one day. Thanks
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Kirinwa: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2012
omoboy1:
Your real father. You de mad for there.... Must you call Names... Fool.. I go axe your head if I see u

Egede man nwayo nwayo.This should be the very least of your worries now. If you're a system man you should understand.For forgiveness is a sin!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Kirinwa: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2012
omoboy1:
Your real father. You de mad for there.... Must you call Names... Fool.. I go axe your head if I see u

Egede man nwayo nwayo.This should be the very least of your worries now. If you're a system man you should understand especially if you're in the marked zone. .For forgiveness is a sin!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2012
Some say forgiveness is a sin, others say no friend no foe
Some say brodas deliver brodas, others say no price no pay
When theres blood on d high seas, temples will burn while patrols will cease. Futajalon might dominate their terrain but ewekoko knows better than to light candles for temple.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2012
Engineering dept?...very funny..my friend is still there because he hasn't paid fully to block his courses.. It is so simple, history is only repeating itself, we don't know how they act over there in ekosodin, if you have not lived there, don't say a thing with respect to what this young dude has gone through. Back then the same thing happened to a friend who also had the same afro has this guy did and he was asked to cut his hair, which he found absurd, well, he was slapped and beaten and was warned, his roommate also got the beating of his life, but he wasn't killed because as absurd as he felt, he was still stubborn. the cases of one being killed by mistaken identity in ekosodin is minimal, if he was, too bad, but then, whether he had 89.0gp, it makes no sense if he was a jerko or not, he was shot at close range, and in ekosodin, decisions arent made at close range. Moreover, Ninja man has already been killed in 2008, so, it could not have been ninja man..
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2012
lekkie073: Some say forgiveness is a sin, others say no friend no foe
Some say brodas deliver brodas, others say no price no pay
When theres blood on d high seas, temples will burn while patrols will cease. Futajalon might dominate their terrain but ewekoko knows better than to light candles for temple.

keep your preach, your mates are making money, you preach the parables, they buy people like you to rewrite them...

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2012
It takes a strong mind to keep such bushy hair in a cult-dominated university (I am sure he will even have his hair plaited then), forget whether he is on 4.0GPA or 10.0GPA, never trust a fellow man not even your brother, I am speaking from experience. I remember a guy named 'old school' who was brought down, everyone knew him back then to be a bookworm person but not knowing he was a hit man for a cult group, he met his Waterloo just few days after bringing someone from a rival cult group down.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2012
enitan2002: It takes a strong mind to keep such bushy hair in a cult-dominated university (I am sure he will even have his hair plaited then), forget whether he is on 4.0GPA or 10.0GPA, never trust a fellow man not even your brother, I am speaking from experience. I remember a guy named 'old school' who was brought down, everyone knew him back then to be a bookworm person but not knowing he was a hit man for a cult group, he met his Waterloo just few days after bringing someone from a rival cult group down.

help me tell them,
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2012
dadaic:

keep your preach, your mates are making money, you preach the parables, they buy people like you to rewrite them...
U r a dunce....am making money as am typing right now.....if u need a job, come my studio make i employ u as proofreader
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Dujardin(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2012
stagger: If you say he was killed by cultists, then either:

1) He was a cultist himself and was able to live a double life that you his friends did not know (I be modern day graduate so I am not talking what I do not know).

2) A case of mistaken identity.

3) He crossed someone in a cult (girlfriend, maybe sat in the guy's favourite spot, etc). SO more info will be appreciated.

Hey Mr. it doesn't matter what got him killed, all that matters is to judge whoever got him killed, by the book.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Neoviper147: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2012
enitan2002: It takes a strong mind to keep such bushy hair in a cult-dominated university (I am sure he will even have his hair plaited then), forget whether he is on 4.0GPA or 10.0GPA, never trust a fellow man not even your brother, I am speaking from experience. I remember a guy named 'old school' who was brought down, everyone knew him back then to be a bookworm person but not knowing he was a hit man for a cult group, he met his Waterloo just few days after bringing someone from a rival cult group down.

If this was the story you heard about ""Old School", Then, you really don't know "Old School". Go back and do your research very well about his death.
But let me give you a clue.Old School wasn't killed by any fucking rival cult group.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2012
Dujardin:

Hey Mr. it doesn't matter what got him killed, all that matters is to judge whoever got him killed, by the book.
and who appointed u as a jurist?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 10, 2012
lekkie073:
U r a dunce....am making money as am typing right now.....if u need a job, come my studio make i employ u as proofreader

Okay...
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ezme(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2012

If you like dye your hair white as long as you don't live in Ekosodin, nobody will hate on you. I ran for public office at the faculty level, that same engineering, even represented my class at the Supreme NUESA congress. Nobody threatened me for once till I graduated. In life, you just have to be wise at all times. I took it as a point of duty not to visit Ekosodin even though I didn't have any cult affiliations. As for those worried about many people knowing so much about cults. There is nothing secret about their orientations, as long as you passed through a university you would know one thing or two about them. My advice for those that don't live there, try your best not to have any reason to visit Ekosodin. The people who ferment trouble over there don't leave that village. All you need to have fun in Benin is money and not any cult affiliations. Life is so much easy when you don't have to watch your back all the time.We had these people as neighbours and colleagues, they lived in perpetual fear.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by biggy4joe(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2012
Great UNIBEN.........ever rugged Ekosodin?Men i wonder why people still visit dere,cant forget how i escaped from powen villa in 2007 after i was told that i must bam.If u dont want to join them,then run for good,no go dey fume don jazzy......R.I.P Man

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by davades(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2012
fellis: I wonder why those cultists always wait till their victims are in their final year before killing them.

Cuz dt's when everyone would be present in sch....including d ghost student
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by shawndhabi: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2012
ForDanny: Daniel ike, a final year chemical engineering student of the univerity of benin ,Edo State, was gruesomely murdered last night (07/08/2012) and left for dead at the most popular and dreaded Ekosodin. He was said to have been shot in the head at close range by some cult students. As at this moment,no one knows what the poor boy did to them, he was only in the area to see a friend when he was attacked and killed by these men. Daniel or afro as he was popularly known as was a God fearing,easy going, gently fine young man with prospects and a very promising future .

The young man just had 20 days to go before the completion of his Undergraduate program at the university of benin and some wicked souls thought it was a right to end his life. Imagine the pains his family would be going through right now.

NO FATHER ON EARTH SHOULD EVER BURY HIS SON. For how long would this continue in our universities and nothing would be done to bring these killers to book. This is not the first time this has happened in nigera and it would continue to happen until we nigerians address this issue. Let's face it, this could happen to anybody's son,brother,cousin or friend. Daniel ike was just unluky.

My dear nairalanders, we the friends of daniel have no voice and we have seen what happened to Cynthia Osokogu's killers and the swift action by the police in apprehending them, we really wish the same could happen to daniel ike's killers but we do not know where to start from and so we have decided to tell the story and hope the story would go accross nigeria and someone with a good heart would look at it and direct us on what to do to bring these killers to justice.

Attached below are some of his pictures he took in the just concluded final year week.
See what his friends are saying on his facebook wall: https://m.facebook.com/daniel.ike1?refid=17&m_sess=AVyj0-OnxC4MfX

Danny, Aka Afro, we love you and we miss you, rest in the bossom of the almighty God brother. By his grace your killers would be caught and would pay dearly for the numerous crimes they have commited against humanity.

First of all, may his soul rest in peace. I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering, UNIBEN. I know the girl with the guy but I don't know the guy. The thing is, engineering department in UNIBEN is very notorious for cultist and a cultist would never do anything to you if your hands are clean (when its not a case of stray bullet). I am not judging but by experience, that guy is either affiliated to a cult or probably has an issue (notably female issue) with a cult member.
And pls do not judge by an innocent face cos u never can tell.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by shawndhabi: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2012
dadaic: Engineering dept?...very funny..my friend is still there because he hasn't paid fully to block his courses.. It is so simple, history is only repeating itself, we don't know how they act over there in ekosodin, if you have not lived there, don't say a thing with respect to what this young dude has gone through. Back then the same thing happened to a friend who also had the same afro has this guy did and he was asked to cut his hair, which he found absurd, well, he was slapped and beaten and was warned, his roommate also got the beating of his life, but he wasn't killed because as absurd as he felt, he was still stubborn. the cases of one being killed by mistaken identity in ekosodin is minimal, if he was, too bad, but then, whether he had 89.0gp, it makes no sense if he was a jerko or not, he was shot at close range, and in ekosodin, decisions arent made at close range. Moreover, Ninja man has already been killed in 2008, so, it could not have been ninja man..

ninja man never die ooooo. He is currently in sudan undergoing some training
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2012
First of all let me say Rest in Peace Daniel and may the God Lord accept your soul and also give your biological family and loved ones the fortitude to bear their loss
First of all let me say Rest in Peace Daniel and may the God Lord accept your soul and also give your biological family and loved ones the fortitude to bear their loss

As somebody who has done the waka for over 15 years let me separate some facts from fiction

1. Dan was not a civilian. I don’t know him, but as people have rightly said, civilians are not shot in the head at close range in Ekosodin.
2. Any Injus man (or woman) reading this thread has decoded which family Dan belonged to
3. I may be wrong but I suspect Dan was not very active in his family at the time of his death. What most injus men do is to “take a back seat” and chill during their final year so that they can graduate peacefully. That is why people just about to graduate are easy targets and most wars take place during exam period.
4. You cannot tell what family Dan belonged to simply by looking at the photographs pasted here
5. There is no distinguishing look of a ‘cultist’. I think people expect ‘cultists’ to always dress in black or red or tie bandanas every time you seen them. That’s just Nollywood. Most members are just regular looking guys
6. In higher institutions in Southern Nigeria, there would be at least 8 families with the least having about 50 members. The high numbers ones like Eiye, and Vikings can have up to 500 members each at a time in a school. Most civillians will never know 90% of cultists in their school
7. At least 10% of cultists in a school are not and have never been students of that school. This can rise to 40% or more depending on school and family
8. More than 70% of confra members have never been involved in any act of violence in school. The vast majority of people just blend for insurance purposes or peer pressure. They may go to meetings and generally hang out with their men but they never involve in violence.
9. Most killings in school are carried out by less than 20 people who are repeat and serial offenders. Each family will have men that are ready to “roll” once yawa gas and these men will still be “imports” for H.I.T in other schools.
10. Most trouble in schools are caused by a small minority of people who sometimes cause problems moving from school to school
11. In most families, the graduate members do not recognise or associate with the members in schools. It’s very common to see graduate members of rival gangs doing business and working together while the school members are killing themselves.
12. Cults are really the wrong word for these group as people assume there is an occultic element. This is a misconception. There are certain things done which people wrongly assume to be occultic but are just “window dressing” to make initiates assume there is more to the group than there really is
13. While there is no formal resignation, it’s very easy to leave a confra. You can form born again or just make yourself scarce and stop associating. People may harass you for a short while but they will very soon leave you alone. It is not for life but as long as you want it relevant in your life
14. Most confraternities are not inherently bad but it is the malpractice and the misinterpretation some of the members that is bad.
15. The three biggest problems in confra are highment (alcohol and drugs), guns and Jazz (odeshi or shoot me no enter).

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Caught Wearing 7-Year-Old Girl's Pant & Bra For Rituals At Night In Lagos / 2 Women Who Hid Smuggled Foreign Rice In Their Body Caught (Photos) / Man Kills His Son And Daughter In Anambra While They Were Sleeping (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.