Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists (60781 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) / 65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by shawndhabi: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2012
finefabby: To all those trying to put 2 n 2 together lemme tell u a short story. In my final year in uniben I had a small misunderstanding with my neighbor dat lead to a few blows being xchanged.some moments later I saw about 5 to 7 guys comin down from bikes asking for me.Apparently d dude I had a fight with told them I was a RED and that I was always boastin about it.they said they wanted to send my body to PH(from what I got to know,they were BLUES).see me see wahala o.Anyways one of the guys that came said he knew me that I was a gentle guy that we should settle everytin peacefully.they even said I should join dem for beer but that same guy said they should just let me be.that was hw I escaped possible death or something bad that day all cos of someone envy or hate.So pls just don't post because u want to post.leave judgement to God;who knows all,sees all.may his soul find eternal rest,Amen. undecided

Which one be red and blue/ na premiership?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by davades(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2012
U reap what u sow......shikena
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
bermuda1: First of all let me say Rest in Peace Daniel and may the God Lord accept your soul and also give your biological family and loved ones the fortitude to bear their loss
First of all let me say Rest in Peace Daniel and may the God Lord accept your soul and also give your biological family and loved ones the fortitude to bear their loss

As somebody who has done the waka for over 15 years let me separate some facts from fiction

1. Dan was not a civilian. I don’t know him, but as people have rightly said, civilians are not shot in the head at close range in Ekosodin.
2. Any Injus man (or woman) reading this thread has decoded which family Dan belonged to
3. I may be wrong but I suspect Dan was not very active in his family at the time of his death. What most injus men do is to “take a back seat” and chill during their final year so that they can graduate peacefully. That is why people just about to graduate are easy targets and most wars take place during exam period.
4. You cannot tell what family Dan belonged to simply by looking at the photographs pasted here
5. There is no distinguishing look of a ‘cultist’. I think people expect ‘cultists’ to always dress in black or red or tie bandanas every time you seen them. That’s just Nollywood. Most members are just regular looking guys
6. In higher institutions in Southern Nigeria, there would be at least 8 families with the least having about 50 members. The high numbers ones like Eiye, and Vikings can have up to 500 members each at a time in a school. Most civillians will never know 90% of cultists in their school
7. At least 10% of cultists in a school are not and have never been students of that school. This can rise to 40% or more depending on school and family
8. More than 70% of confra members have never been involved in any act of violence in school. The vast majority of people just blend for insurance purposes or peer pressure. They may go to meetings and generally hang out with their men but they never involve in violence.
9. Most killings in school are carried out by less than 20 people who are repeat and serial offenders. Each family will have men that are ready to “roll” once yawa gas and these men will still be “imports” for H.I.T in other schools.
10. Most trouble in schools are caused by a small minority of people who sometimes cause problems moving from school to school
11. In most families, the graduate members do not recognise or associate with the members in schools. It’s very common to see graduate members of rival gangs doing business and working together while the school members are killing themselves.
12. Cults are really the wrong word for these group as people assume there is an occultic element. This is a misconception. There are certain things done which people wrongly assume to be occultic but are just “window dressing” to make initiates assume there is more to the group than there really is
13. While there is no formal resignation, it’s very easy to leave a confra. You can form born again or just make yourself scarce and stop associating. People may harass you for a short while but they will very soon leave you alone. It is not for life but as long as you want it relevant in your life
14. Most confraternities are not inherently bad but it is the malpractice and the misinterpretation some of the members that is bad.
15. The three biggest problems in confra are highment (alcohol and drugs), guns and Jazz (odeshi or shoot me no enter).
very on point. my biggest customer for my product still remains one of my rivals those days in campus. now, we just laugh over it while amusing ourselves. during my school days i was among the top ten best students in my department, i recieve fed govt scholarship of 50k per session. there was a time i was caught impersonating someone else in the exam hall, the panel wanted to rusticate me but my departmental h.o.d. after going through my academic info had to step into d matter making them understand that #this boy is too brilliant to be rusticated#. on top of it all, i was a cult figure in my school. infact, rivals tend to believe i was the head of my frat because of my popularity then. meanwhile heaven knows that i never pinched a human being with regards to being a system man all thru my stay in campus. but whether a million dies or not, am proud to belong! world.......bonsai nest
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by omolize: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
ezme:

Please this is very sensitive for most of us that know him in person. Try to keep your postulations to yourself.

I remember our last conversation when I was in Benin. You told me, you had submitted methodology to Prof. Aluyor. I told you all he needed to see was your commitment and you would get your A in your Thesis. I laughed when you complained about final year stress, I even promised you "flexing" next time I hit Benin.I never knew that would be our last conversation. cry cry cry

UNIBEN!!! when will this end?
@EZME
this is not about being disrespectful to the dead. We all passed through university and I happen to be a graduate of Uniben (Engineering precisely). I lived four years in Ekosodin and have witnessed cult-related killings.So I know better as well.
I lost a friend to cultists too, in fact we stayed together in the same building for 3 years and I never believed he had any dealing with cultists until his death.I will advice you to search deeper,your friend may not be what you think he is.
I have heard cultists kill, one thing they normally do is "CONFIRMATION", they will always confirm if not sure before "FALLING".I never heard of someone dying in Uniben because of girl when he is a "civilian"----you are warned to stay off!. For him to be shot inn the head at close range, he has been followed for long and know his routine movement.When people are killed in their final year, it normally turns out they have killed before and cultists normally use final year as pay back time.
I am sorry for what befell your friend, but you deserve the truth, so seek it!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Victor31(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
He has lost his soul and we shouldn't lose ours cos we still have the chance to repent and have JESUS come into our lives. Accept JESUS today and you shall be saved.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Trickstartrixy: 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
May his soul rest in peace. This nairaland is filled wit silly confra guys. Waste of space
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by bamidelemedals(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
Actually may God forgive the deceased and be with his family....in my own. Perspection
,I bliv Daniel has one or two things to gring et the cultists cos cultists don't kill aimlessly,if he's not an opponent,one of them then he must be am impersonator. Am a fresh graduate of AAU ekpoma so I knw wat it entails for cultists to carry out an operation!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by alleviate2002us(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
fellis: I wonder why those cultists always wait till their victims are in their final year before killing them.

My dear, thats becos they would do same to their victims too...”na dem, dem” ....oyibo call am “modus operandi”.....
Now am sure you get the picture clearer!!!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by alleviate2002us(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
lekkie073:
very on point. my biggest customer for my product still remains one of my rivals those days in campus. now, we just laugh over it while amusing ourselves. during my school days i was among the top ten best students in my department, i recieve fed govt scholarship of 50k per session. there was a time i was caught impersonating someone else in the exam hall, the panel wanted to rusticate me but my departmental h.o.d. after going through my academic info had to step into d matter making them understand that #this boy is too brilliant to be rusticated#. on top of it all, i was a cult figure in my school. infact, rivals tend to believe i was the head of my frat because of my popularity then. meanwhile heaven knows that i never pinched a human being with regards to being a system man all thru my stay in campus. but whether a million dies or not, am proud to belong! world.......bonsai nest

Chief, that you were fortunate to have been spared is a sign that your stars want you to testify of Gods favour and repent, rather you are braging over your juvenile deliquency......you may as well hood-up and join your co-horts in the bush then(why aren't you championing a course to revive your clan....am sure your spirit in the game is still alive and burning)!!

SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Navalsadiq(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
BABA GOD NA YOUR HAND WE THEY!SAVE US FROM THE HANDS OF CULTIST AND RITUAL KILERS IJN.BROS R.I.P.JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED..
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Shaw007(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
samfibby: The uniben i know in those days, If the dude is a rival gang member, then uniben better be ready for more bodies in body bags all in the name of retaliation either b4 the session ends or next session. I just pray it doesnt come to this. Amen. All men better take shelter in hall three or hall four.
ha bros. . .in times like dis person nor dey comot hall 4 o!!
I remember a friend of mine especially warned me against a particular area outta d main campus,i guess its this ekosodin

RIP dan!!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by stagger: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
I ask again: which kain parole dis Dan guy go control for Ekosodin if im na civilian?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by myk2mic: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
alleviate2002us:

Chief, that you were fortunate to have been spared is a sign that your stars want you to testify of Gods favour and repent, rather you are braging over your juvenile deliquency......you may as well hood-up and join your co-horts in the bush then(why aren't you championing a course to revive your clan....am sure your spirit in the game is still alive and burning)!!

SMH

Guy thnks for ur post, being joyful over juvenile delinquency smh,
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by alleviate2002us(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
myk2mic:

U can say that again man!!.....Seriously that guy needs help!!

He all the same seems to have forgotten he would have kids one day and God helping him, the world would see how "wounderful" they will be and what "examples" ....as lives they will lead!!!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
alleviate2002us:

SMH
its a campus thing o guy. u know say it was said in d bible.....to everything there is a time....d time is past. but it was pleasurable while it last. u know.....having d authority to tell fellow students to move...and such students will pick race.....no b small thing o #laughing#
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by finefabby(m): 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
shawndhabi:

Which one be red and blue/ na premiership?
Na campus premiership cry

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
myk2mic:

u got it right......juvenile deliquencies. as d name implies, its ascribed to a part of growing up. but it has made me a better man. with lots of connection....if u get my drift!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by myk2mic: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
lekkie073:
u got it right......juvenile deliquencies. as d name implies, its ascribed to a part of growing up. but it has made me a better man. with lots of connection....if u get my drift!

i get ur drift, bt i dont think its something to be boastful abt anyway,i knw u wont want ur kids to pass thru it am sure.bt wetin make u enter sef? just curious since u say u were a top dog academically
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
myk2mic:

i get ur drift, bt i dont think its something to be boastful abt anyway,i knw u wont want ur kids to pass thru it am sure.bt wetin make u enter sef? just curious since u say u were a top dog academically
I needed admission.....i entered d campus not knowing how to go about it.....i saw dis guys who promised me admission.....play play, they got me d admission while telling me that they love me to be in their club.....i couldnt bite d fingaz dat fed me....so#
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Trickstartrixy: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
lekkie073:
Waste of space
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by anonimi: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
lekkie073: [color=#000099][/color]
I needed admission.....i entered d campus not knowing how to go about it.....i saw dis guys who promised me admission.....play play, they got me d admission while telling me that they love me to be in their club.....i couldnt bite d fingaz dat fed me....so#

Tales by Moonlight
Rating: PG -5

Persin wey be top ten in the university department!
and federal scholar worth 50k annually!!
plus exam mercenary, pardoned becos im academic records too bright!!!
Etc, etc, etc.
Na im come dey arrange admission thru cult guys cheesy

Show me your mugu and i will show you mine

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by mrkels(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
stagger: I ask again: which kain parole dis Dan guy go control for Ekosodin if im na civilian?
Human beings nor dey stay ekosodin? Y u dey talk like unbeliever na? When I was there, even though I lived in bpda. One of my girls and my sis lived there in ekosodin, even though I never visited that girl once grin but as for my sister, I went to her house a lot then. So which one be which kind paroles?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
anonimi:

Tales by Moonlight

Etc, etc, etc.

unless u no live in naija.....u shd know dat gaining admission in our country is by who u know, not what u get....well dats in my own days sha. i dont know about urs...
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by logica(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
I just have to laugh at these so called "strong men". Who is the Jew? You dumbos or the f00ls who have robbed the country blind and you of your future; turning you into thieves and your girlfriends into pr0st1tutes. They are as we speak giving it to your future wives do99y style while you f00ls beef each other and rub each other out. So who are your real rivals? Who are the real Jews? I am sure if a so called "heavy" dude shows up in Benin today, even your so called "Capos" will fall over each other to deliver their girlfriends to them. They talk about being "made men". Who made you? Do you know what it takes to be made? Obote men; you all better get your heads up.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by zalight(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
logica: I just have to laugh at these so called "strong men". Who is the Jew? You dumbos or the f00ls who have robbed the country blind and you of your future; turning you into thieves and your girlfriends into pr0st1tutes. They are as we speak giving it to your future wives do99y style while you f00ls beef each other and rub each other out. So who are your real rivals? Who are the real Jews? I am sure if a so called "heavy" dude shows up in Benin today, even your so called "Capos" will fall over each other to deliver their girlfriends to them. They talk about being "made men". Who made you? Do you know what it takes to be made? Obote men; you all better get your heads up.
Best comment since the birth of this topic...Kudos bro,i could not have put it better.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by opiumpuppy: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
RIP Dan!!! It is sad that humans don't want to stop killing their kind.
But stil, when wil ppl learn?? I spent six yrs in dat sch
Leaving in the said ekosodin and wil tel u this "people don't just get killed for no reason" these students hear of the past event and stil play deaf. I just wish this can serve as a warning to freshers into higher universities that is if they av head to reason right.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by GboyegaD(m): 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
ezme:

Please this is very sensitive for most of us that know him in person. Try to keep your postulations to yourself.

I remember our last conversation when I was in Benin. You told me, you had submitted methodology to Prof. Aluyor. I told you all he needed to see was your commitment and you would get your A in your Thesis. I laughed when you complained about final year stress, I even promised you "flexing" next time I hit Benin.I never knew that would be our last conversation. cry cry cry

UNIBEN!!! when will this end?

Do you mean people should not explore possibilities when you said it is very sensitive? Does cultist just attack people because they feel they should do that?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by stupor(m): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
Its a pity

Let's all be a little compassionate,like I earlier said there are more wørse situations on campus,but only God shelves many fròm them•

Its possible the cute dude is a lovable person just like everyone else on the campus and even on this thread• BUT !

Let me share an incidence again,my cousin was travelling tô Ife last few years ago,and the bus they were in with other commuters had mechanical problems in the night this was around 11pm,he left earlier but didn't know the bus he boarded was a a faulty one,and from the on set they have stopped severally to fix the car•

As they alighted from the bus to fix it,about 9 all black dressed tall muscular guys rounded them up but Said they have only come to help•

And like a movie in less than 25 mins they helped out and even went to procure a hiace bus fòr them as that spot was an extremely dark area•

my said when he saw them he thought he was in for it that day but was quite surprised as all he had them say was that they shòuldnt panic that they have come to help and all was in clear and well constructed English,though their faces marked and unrecognizable•
Another insight:
A friend of mine way back suddenly started to change lifestyle at his final year,we used to see eachother at home especially on holidays,but he suddenly started stopped checking on me•
I thought I had wronged him,so one day,I summoned courage to ask if anything was wrong,bt to my utter surprise he shouted back at me in a very harsh tone,something have not seen him do before !

He warned to stop checking on me but his mum also liked me as his friend and she would drive down after church to ask if anything wrong happened btw I and my friend•

But I couldn't say anything but after a lil while I started sensing he has prbly started moving wth wrng cOmpaniOes•
Not until a particular the era of NTA newsline,we were at home having fionished my final exams in schl. And already started my prject work,that we saw on TV a group of cult gangs that Police rounded up during one of their innitiations•
Lo and behold as cameras were showing the faces+
We saw directly theo face of my very good and handsome friend who also had just concluded his final papers as part of the cult apprehended during innitiatiOn•

I almost lOst my bearing with disbelief and it took God only who saw me thru that ache•

He later got baiOled after mths in prison,tóday he is a born again xtian,works abroad wth a lovely family and still my friend•

He even shares his stories to undergrads publicly by himself and am indeed always happy to still be his friend

Murral: like I earlier said the young dude might just be a friendly person in whom everyone loves but never take away the fact that is also a rival cult person•

So being a final year student doesn't erase the possibility of anyone nt being a cultist•

Infact his innitiation could just have bn so unluckily recent•

I still pity for him though,it could just have bn anyone`s close pal•

Some of these guys also have feelings,I just don't understand why there must be a tussle or fight in a learning environment where so many others are taking advantage to connect life long friendships and even meet their future wives and hubbies•

HAVE THEY SToPPED ERECTING THE SIGNS LIKE WE USED To HAVE THoSE DAYS THAT SAYS: SAY No To CULTISM AND DRuG ABUSE•

Please younger ones be of good characters,nothing gud comes frm bad associtions.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Shaw007(m): 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
anonimi:

Tales by Moonlight

Etc, etc, etc.

God bless you jare!! I'm sure the guy wud want 2 say Nigeria is dis and dat. . .but the kinda person he says he was. . .even if d president called that his son needed 2 be admitted,if u are exceptional ur name wud be untouched,its only the "managing" students dat suffer . . .dat guy is sometin else jare!!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Clemzy16(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
May his soul rest in peace..
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by toideve(m): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
which one be civilian for the matter na lipsrsealed
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by superstar1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
Eeeeeeeh!!!!! So cultism still exists. Stupid and wasted life. issokay

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Body Of Kidnapped Lecturer Found Inside Bush 2 Months After Abduction (pic) / Virgin UNILORIN Student In Hijab Raped At Knife-Point / Onuh Makedomu: Policeman Arrested For Taking Bribe From A Motorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.