Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos (13913 Views)

Female Suicide Bombers Attack Hospital In Borno, Kill 3 / Patience Jonathan’s Rally In Kaduna: 800 Policemen, Others Guard Deployed / 3 Policemen Killed At A Station In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by buchibabe: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
chemashie: The operation was bloody and it started at the junction of my street, williams street, ifako gbagada. I was waiting for my guest to start the naming ceremony for my first child when heard the sporadic gun shots. Those that are coming in to attend the programm abandoned their cars & fled. A friend of mine who was coming on bike ran to my house with helmet on his head.
A stray bullet hits 1yr old boy who was celebrating his birthday at the time of operation and I saw the police officer in his pool of blood immediately the robbers left. Those guyz are too sophisticated & hot for those police officers to handle. Is a bloody day indeed.

Na wa o.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
I could remember way back in 2006 and 2008 when armed robbers came to festac town to rob a bereau de change near the mosque at 207 road and it was on a sunday too! Could it be that these robbers know themselves? Though the casualties weren't as much as this incident.wonders shall never end! RIP to the dead.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by pecopeco: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
THIS IS VERY BAD.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
I guess they wore masks or something? Imagine these goons operating in broad day light with absolute impunity. Where do they come from? What if someone recognises them? I really don't understand these animals.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by ignis: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
BBM: Gun men Are they Boko haram?
Haba, assuming na north nw ppl go say na boko haram.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
[size=18pt]See where I warned about it all on https://www.nairaland.com/1024613/sundays-no-longer-safe-lagos[/size]
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by s1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
rip
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by scribble: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2012

I can bet my left testicle that they are xtians. I'm a xtian too.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by samfibby(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
fm7070: Police is such a useless entity in this country.
What is the essence of multi-billion naira camera installed all over Lagos?
What is the use of police helicopters?
From Gbagada to Agege is not less than 1hr drive, does it mean that police cannot re-inforce within 30mins?
Lagos and Nigeria at large is no where to be found as far as security of lives and property is concerned.
Mark my words, those criminals made de mistake of entering lagos. Their identity will soon be unraveled.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by kingsceemark(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
samfibby:
Mark my words, those criminals made de mistake of entering lagos. Their identity will soon be unraveled.
MY guy bone dat one. Na today?
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Fogman(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
It was a tensed situation at Agege yesterday. Was coming back from a church program at Pen Cinema when the sound of guns enveloped everywhere. People amd motorist where running helter skelter.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Gbawe: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
samfibby:

I think you have too much misplaced faith in the NPF. The whole thing was shambolic. There paid informant within the Police force will probably keep them one step ahead of the law.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/robbers-in-possession-of-police-walkie-talkie-cp/

Robbers in possession of police walkie-talkie – CP
On September 10, 2012 · In News
3:02 am

The Commissioner of Police in his account of how the robbery attack was carried out said: “The operations started early in the morning, dressed in mufti and snatched a vehicle around Gbagada area with intent to use it to carry out robbery attack in certain places.

They were intercepted by the traffic policemen who were just resuming duty while they abandoned the vehicle and disappeared.

“The bandits now resurfaced around Ikeja-Agege axis in the afternoon, going round looking for places to rob. While they were doing that the police were on their trail looking out for them but police lost control of their whereabouts because the robbers were in possession of police walkie-talkie and were intercepting police conversations.

“A few minutes after that they succeeded in robbing a Bureau de Change at Agege and as they were coming out the police anti-robbery team and Rapid Response Squad, RRS, members who had already blocked all major highways on the instruction of the CP now intercepted them around Oba Akran Avenue and Ikeja under bridge. They succeeded in killing three of the policemen there in an exchange of fire.

“Some of the armed robbers were fatally wounded as there were blood stains at the scene after they escaped through the old toll gate.

Meanwhile, the CP has ordered a 24-hour surveillance and combing of all the nooks and crannies of the state in search of the fleeing bandits.

He has also directed Area Commanders and DPOs to comb all the areas under their jurisdiction with a view to arresting the bandits.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
samfibby:

Na today dem just dey enter Lagos. Marwa was able to curb them a bit with his operation sweep in the late nineties. I remember an incident in VI, in which the robbers escaped via the lagoon with a speed boat. The fagba incident also fresh on my mind. Was so common that an hit film titled "Owo blow" was released then. I pray they are caught sha. These guys are not the cheap robbers with dane guns usually paraded on crime fighters on tv, these are robbers with automatic guns and modern rifles.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by passionate88: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
tmabin: ..... Anyone who has valuable information to help any robbery investigation, please call the nearest NPF station, save a life.
I no mad reach that side.. Me give info to the po po!.. Na death b that na.. Last month in ph (woji estate area) a pastor nd some of his members were clearing a parcel of land for his church and they came upon a cache of arms nd ammunitions buried there, he went and invited the cops when they (cops) came, they arrested the pastor, his members, and anybody they can lay their hands on took them to S.C.I.D. Now tell me, what are they going to do to any1 who gave infos to the cops?.. The police is only your frnd when it comes to bailing some1

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by na2day(m): 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
Why am i not surprised?
It's unfortunate that we need to brace for more of this kind of things! angry
The downfall of Gaddafi really helped in equipping most of Nigerian bad elements with military grade weapons!
Boko haram, kidnappers et al
The other day we all saw the pictures, of the captured kidnappers in the east and their arsenal, which is enough to launch a coup and overthrow the government.
The hopelessness of Nigerian youth too is not helping matter at all.
Boys are not smiling again! angry
I'm sorry for sounding like a pessimist, but it's down hill from here angry
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by lacasa: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
Armed robbers aree the South West's boko-haram

​ so​ sad cry

R.i.p ϯo the dead
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by stillme(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
[quote author=KingMEXX]Dude, dese policemen are not Iron man. Am sure they were caught unawares and were left helpless. Even d best trained policemen oversees lose their lives. May d souls of d dead RIP[/quote

Nigeria policemen lack mental alertness and coordination duty. Most of them died because they are not observant.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
[size=18pt]Can the Nigerian police force get anything right these days?! its becoming embarrassing.[/size]
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2012

Fuulll you are! Can't you read from the post that they were armed robbers. Mtchewww........
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by michaelesther: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
may the souls of the victim rest in perfect peace. GIVE UR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY,2MRW MAY BE TOO LATE.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by duality(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by duality(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
what is the state govt doing about these insecurity.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by sexyverah(f): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
such a lawless nation
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by pezzyM(f): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
I guess they wore masks or something? Imagine these goons operating in broad day light with absolute impunity. Where do they come from? What if someone recognises them? I really don't understand these animals.[/quote]
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by juman(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
It was one of those hyper sophisticated armed robberies that will be taking place. The criminals will put the country under siege.
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by Gbawe: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
pezzyM: I guess they wore masks or something? Imagine these goons operating in broad day light with absolute impunity. Where do they come from? What if someone recognises them? I really don't understand these animals.

Well, the latest is that they are "trans-border" robbers which could mean anything. They may be from Togo, Benin, Cameroon, Chad or Niger. Reminds me of the time Nigeria was under siege by a trans-border car-snatching gang led by a Benin-based criminal kingpin called Hammani Tidjani. The gang, full of non-Nigerians, were known for their brutality and blood lust. They went out of their way to murder Nigerians in cold blood when they did not even have to and when the victims were cooperating totally. Their modus operandi consisted of them arriving in Nigeria, robbing and killing Nigerians for their luxury vehicles and then driving those vehicles straight out of Nigeria with the complicity of our bent cops, customs officer and extremely porous borders.

Sad that this sort of crime can take place across several miles , taking in different areas of the Lagos metropolis, yet these criminals still escaped into thin air. An incredible indictment of how ineffective the NPF is as a crime-fighting force.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/robbers-shake-lagos/

A senior police officer told Daily Sun that it was true that three policemen were killed, adding that the police were on the trail of the robbers, whom, he said, would soon be arrested.

The senior police officer revealed that they were trans-border robbers, who allegedly hacked into their communication network.

“That was why anywhere we radio for their arrest, they would retreat or turn to a different route,” the officer said.

When contacted, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko, who confirmed that his command lost three men of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), vowed to get the robbers.

In his words: “I am really sad about what happened but mark my words, we will get the robbers. They are trans-borders robbers but we must get them soonest.”

Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by macEDWIN(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
May God helps 4 i blv dat all dese trial time 'l soon face out. May deir soul RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by TairuAy: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
this bad news, may soul rest in peace
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by fuqua: 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
With all the blackberries out there, nobody was able to take pictures!
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by logica(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Police chief Umar Manko, who confirmed the incident, said the gunmen were being chased by policemen.

On the bureau de change killings, the police chief said: “I cannot confirm either the death of the civilians or the robbery at the bureau de change because I do not have that fact, but I’ll contact you once I am put in the know.”
How will he be in the know. He's not from Lagos. He probably didn't grow up in Lagos. Please, each state should raise their own Police Force.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by buchibabe: 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
duality: what is the state govt doing about these insecurity.

They are setting up a commitee to look into d thiefery case. grin
Re: Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos by dartsidius7(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
what happened to the policemen could happen to anybody.....
plus, dont under estimate the skills of the SARS (state anti robbery squad).....they could be caught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lobby For Lauretta Onochie Confirmation Gears Up At the Senate / Osinbajo, Fashola, Lawan, Others Attend APC Youth Conference In Abuja / DSS Withholds El-Zakzaky, Wife’s Passports, Stops Foreign Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.