Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,710 members, 7,844,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (1164 Views)

GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar / Professional Blog And Forum For Just12k / Blog And Forum Design Promo (75% Discount) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Chibenze(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: . by ghettodreamz(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
@OP;
I was just passing by, I really don't know if I have answer to your question, but I just paid attention to your blog,it's a good thing seeing someone who has passion for blogging, I used to be a blogger myself years back but I left it for some personal reasons which are best known to me, I knew that's not a question here and it's immaterial for me discussing about that here.

First, I would say why not think of creating a blog that is targetted to a niche, I mean, instead of choosing several areas just as your blog url stated,"all-topics", why not specialize yourself in an area. If I wasn't mistaken you are blogging on education, personal life development, and maybe religion, instead of all those, why don't you just choose a niche, I mean an area you sure know you will do good at. You see it's not just about writing, but how good you are at writing? How deep is your well of information about what you blogging about? In blogosphere, content means a whole lot, if your blog is not content rich then there is chances your blog would be rejected by Google Adsense, I have never had problem with them not approving my blog for once back in those years, but I am not really sure if their requirements for the Adsense service has changed or not. Another thing is, writing a keyword rich articles on your blog, you need that a lot to generate traffic to your blog, if your blog is not getting enough traffic then it might be another reason why Google won't approve you for their Adsense program. As a matter of fact, traffic is so important when blogging, if your blog is not generating much traffic definitely you won't be making any profit from Google Adsense (except if you want to be clicking the ads yourself which might lead to banning). That's another topic entirely on it's own, SEO. It cost me a great deal of learning over night studying back in those days, and I can't count number of times my blogs would make it to the first page of Google which means traffic to my blogs.

Chibenze, I don't really have idea about how well you know about blogging but I would advice you to read more about it, there are various articles online where you can learn more about blogging and possibly increase your wealth of knowledge, there are several e-books readily available for downloads, all you need to do is research on them using the Google search engine, and you might later decide to invest more into buying e-books that would educate you further about blogging that is if you are beginning to make money from your blog which won't come in weeks or several months. Erase the idea of making money from blogging for a year or 2 after getting started, just work on developing your skills, acquiring knowledge about how the blogosphere work and what would make your blog stand out because there are millions of people doing what you also venturing into. Above all, I would advice you to pursue your passion for it, if you like it, and try as much as possible to stick with what you know, there is no crime in trying to learn more from professional bloggers who have been into it for many years, you might want to consider joining some internet forums too, I think that would also help a great way, you can post questions and I'm sure there are several Pro Bloggers who will be willing to render any help and assistance to help you through your pursuit.

Lest I forget, try and go through Google Adsense Disclaimer, I mean their rules & regulations to see what you are not doing right. All the same I wish you all the very best in your pursuit. See you at the top!
Re: . by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Wow! @ghettodreams. You`re so on point.
However, OP has to know that Google is now very strict with their Adsense program unlike back in the days. Now, they only accept blogs with itds own domain name to it and not a sub domain.
Reason i suspect is that free hosts lead to abuse becäuse it`s easy to create.
@ghettodreams, please i need a review from you.
Cheers!
Re: . by ghettodreamz(m): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Brand new;

Like I stated earlier, it's been a while. I haven't been blogging for years, so it's very hard for me to know if they still accept sub-domains or not, but come to think of it, if ever Google are no more accepting a sub-domain for their Adsense affiliate program, how come they still host free domains with the . parent domain, just as Chibenze's.

Meanwhile, I'm not disputing what you have said, because I haven't been blogging for years now, I still had a friend that blogs,the last time we chatted, she told me about her previously owned blog and how she flipped it to make some bucks, nevertheless she still own a domain where she blogs on women issues and she has the domain name paid for, not sure if she has the Google adsense service running on it anyway.

Furthermore, blogosphere is an interesting niche but with millions of competition out there, it would take serious passion, hard work, learning, determinations and creativity to make it work for you, it won't make you money over night if anyone is looking for that, then maybe blogging is not meant for him/her, but it worth giving a shot if the passion and burning desires are there, just a one cent.
Re: . by Chibenze(m): 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
ghettodreamz: @OP;
I was just passing by, I really don't know if I have answer to your question, but I just paid attention to your blog,it's a good thing seeing someone who has passion for blogging, I used to be a blogger myself years back but I left it for some personal reasons which are best known to me, I knew that's not a question here and it's immaterial for me discussing about that here.

First, I would say why not think of creating a blog that is targetted to a niche, I mean, instead of choosing several areas just as your blog url stated,"all-topics", why not specialize yourself in an area. If I wasn't mistaken you are blogging on education, personal life development, and maybe religion, instead of all those, why don't you just choose a niche, I mean an area you sure know you will do good at. You see it's not just about writing, but how good you are at writing? How deep is your well of information about what you blogging about? In blogosphere, content means a whole lot, if your blog is not content rich then there is chances your blog would be rejected by Google Adsense, I have never had problem with them not approving my blog for once back in those years, but I am not really sure if their requirements for the Adsense service has changed or not. Another thing is, writing a keyword rich articles on your blog, you need that a lot to generate traffic to your blog, if your blog is not getting enough traffic then it might be another reason why Google won't approve you for their Adsense program. As a matter of fact, traffic is so important when blogging, if your blog is not generating much traffic definitely you won't be making any profit from Google Adsense (except if you want to be clicking the ads yourself which might lead to banning). That's another topic entirely on it's own, SEO. It cost me a great deal of learning over night studying back in those days, and I can't count number of times my blogs would make it to the first page of Google which means traffic to my blogs.

Chibenze, I don't really have idea about how well you know about blogging but I would advice you to read more about it, there are various articles online where you can learn more about blogging and possibly increase your wealth of knowledge, there are several e-books readily available for downloads, all you need to do is research on them using the Google search engine, and you might later decide to invest more into buying e-books that would educate you further about blogging that is if you are beginning to make money from your blog which won't come in weeks or several months. Erase the idea of making money from blogging for a year or 2 after getting started, just work on developing your skills, acquiring knowledge about how the blogosphere work and what would make your blog stand out because there are millions of people doing what you also venturing into. Above all, I would advice you to pursue your passion for it, if you like it, and try as much as possible to stick with what you know, there is no crime in trying to learn more from professional bloggers who have been into it for many years, you might want to consider joining some internet forums too, I think that would also help a great way, you can post questions and I'm sure there are several Pro Bloggers who will be willing to render any help and assistance to help you through your pursuit.

Lest I forget, try and go through Google Adsense Disclaimer, I mean their rules & regulations to see what you are not doing right. All the same I wish you all the very best in your pursuit. See you at the top!
thanks ghettodreamz, you realy took ur time in writing just to help out, God bless with my whole heart i say just as u have help me, u will never seek help twice, but many will be will to help even wen u dnt ask, God bless u a million times, you have realy encourage me with ur whole heart
Re: . by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
@ghettodreams. What you said is true, but like i pointed out. Free subdomain would encourage abuse. So they prob noticed that and became stricter. I activated mine a long time ago with a . address and it was almost instant. But these days it`s no longer so.
And for the flipping thing. Did your friend sell off her domain or it was a free subdomain like ?
I`m also in to the flipping business and i already acquired söme potentiälly hot dömäín names. like
Re: . by ghettodreamz(m): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Chibenze:

Don't mention bro. Thank you for all the prayers, I wish you all the very best in your pursuit. Starting an online presence for the purpose of making legit money don't come easily but you have to earn it with several hard works, reading and persistencies. Like I earlier stated, research more on blogging, all the information are right at your finger's tip bro. You might later want to learn more about SEO(Search Engine Optimization) & maybe bum marketing a traffic generating method introduced by Travis Sago and wife. It was his bum marketing strats I used back in those years for my blogs and I had my blogs listed on Google first page, that's a way of generating free traffic to your blog/website but it takes serious article writing and might be time consuming too but will definitely pay off one day!

@Brand new;

She actually did that on a paid domain, I don't think it's the free sub-domain host, but a paid service. She created a blog, I think on wordpress and registered for a paid domain name and had it forwarded to her wordpress, she also paid some guys who help her with the whole stuff, I think. It has been a while I talked to her about it, but she maintained the blog for some time, nurtured it before she flipped it, not just a domain flipping but blog flipping. Domain flipping is buying a recently expired domain name or an unregistered domain name you thought might have a great market value in the future and keeping it either with a parking service or without it, while you waited for a future bids on it. While blog flipping is an act of you owing a blog over any given time while you might decide to just to sell it out. The rule of thumb here is, having a good blog that is content rich, having a good domain name and some reasonable amount of followers or targetted audience. Those are the yardsticks any investor might want to look into, to find out if buying your blog would generate any income for him. He might just want to keep it and resell it later in the future, or maybe use it personally. Domain or blog flipping are the internet real estate biz, I hope this helps.

By the way, are you into blog or domain flipping?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
I`m into both. I haven`t flipped any yet but i`m presntly nurturing a few for future sales.
I presently have one listed on Flippa but hasn`t gone live.
Another one i`m presently working on for a much later date is www.kweeknews.com
I focus more on catchy names for now and i also blog at www.gidilinks.com and traffic is good and now i`m working on conversion.
Re: . by ghettodreamz(m): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
@Chibenze & Brand new:

I wish you all the very best!
Re: . by UncleJJ(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
Your looks like a piece of shit - that why they rejected it. It has i am a dumb nigerian spammer and blogger that wants to pollute the internet written all over it.

Your posts are poorly formatted, you did not choose a unique theme - no special domain name, no specific topic. Nothing ..... if your blog was a restaurant would you eat there once you heard the name.

Whats wrong with - Chibenzblog..com - Tall Black Funny Nigerian boy .

(1) (Reply)

Ridiculous (insulting) Prices You've Been Offered For A Website / Free Seminar On Web Hosting Entrepreneurship / Promo Nigeria Publishers Review And Payout For October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.