Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Which City Is Better For Travelling, Dakar Or Douala? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which City Is Better For Travelling, Dakar Or Douala? (1280 Views)

You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / Douala: The Economic Capital Of Cameroon (photos) / Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which City Is Better For Travelling, Dakar Or Douala? by waxprint: 4:42am On Sep 10, 2012
I plan a tour to Dakar or Douala, but somebody told me Douala is dangerous for tourist,for example burglary and robbery are frequently seen in the city,especially night.
Who can tell me the truth?
Re: Which City Is Better For Travelling, Dakar Or Douala? by Egbagirl(f): 8:17am On Sep 10, 2012
Dunno about Douala but Dakar is very safe. Jus watch out for your pockets and bags when in public. Apart from that, pas de soucis. If u decide to go to Senegal, pls stop by Gorée island and toubab dialao, tambakunda, etc. Explore the night life too on weekends especially. Si tu as le temps, try going to the French cultural center. If you are Christian and wanna go to Church, try the international baptist church of dakar (that's if you want to worship with nigerians, cameroonians ghanaians and the rest of the African crew with a few Europeans and Americans. If you want mainly Senegalese and francophones, then there's a church really close to IBC and also a big catholic church around the corner from IBC. If you are Muslim, you have no worries at all. Theres probably a mosque on every street so you're good. If you aren't religious, then free. Um let's see...... Can't think of anything else ATM. Maybe when I wake up, more stuff will come to me.
But I can tell you this for a fact, Senegal is one of the most peaceful African countries if not the most and crime is minimal apart from pickpocketing etc which will only happen if you aren't careful.

Peace.
Re: Which City Is Better For Travelling, Dakar Or Douala? by waxprint: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2012
Tks so much for your information,Euh,some friends told me that there are serious malaria problems in Dakar?
Re: Which City Is Better For Travelling, Dakar Or Douala? by Dyt(f): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Na wa 4 u oooo
U say douala is dis now sm1 said dakar I say anoda thing
Go 2 kenya den

(1) (Reply)

If You Had An Opportunityto Travel For Free, What Country Would You Choose? / Can I Get Kenya Visa On Arrival / How Much Vcash Can We Take To Nigeria From Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.