Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help (24304 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2008
I am so happy that the real witch has been exposed. All this while you were thinking she was your friend shocked. May God grant you journey mercies to and fro, anyway smiley kiss.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
shapey:

.he told me that his anger towards me was aggravated by what his sister told him. please my dear friends hear this--he said she told him i called my sister in the us and was so excited,telling her that 'the old witch is dead now i can have peace in my home.good riddance to bad rubbish'.i was in shock,tears began to flow down my cheeks.as i was trying to recover from that shock,he dumped another bombshell.my sister in law told her brother that i said i told my mother that i'll be sending huge sums of his money to her since my mom in law was dead.
at that moment,i thought i was dead.
i .now i am relieved that i'm no longer a witch to my husband's eyes,and he now knows who the real culprit is. my annoyance stems from the fact that he can hear such horrible things about me and keep them to himself,and believe them. one thing i know for sure is his sister is moving out once we return.and then secondly,we have to re-address things in this marriage.i thought things were 100percent okay,but now i know that is a big lie.he has told his sister that she must not breathe a word of the past 12 days to anyone,or else he'll seize her passport.i'm still watching and waiting.truly,i'm no longer so interested in this marriage.this is the plain truth.it only means that if i had not been persistently pleading,these things woul not have come out.

What did I say? Did I not say the sister was a witch? No one watches family fight and NOT try to calm the offended party unless they are trying to make things worse. THAT is the reason why she was speaking Efik to her brother around you. I'm glad you've gotten things straighten out

I also agree with your diappointment in your husband for beliving his sister's garbage without talking to you about it. That was pretty weak of him. It's guys like that whom anyone can make up outlandish lies to and they'd believe everyone over you. You really should talk to your husband about that when you two get back from Nigeria and I am very glad that he has threatened your sister to keep her mouth shut.

I understand your frustration with everyone, but if you love him enough, stick with the marriage as long as you two talk things out and come to an understanding where such a thing wont happen again. You're angry now but don't let that get in the way of putting effort in this.  smiley
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by SweetT1: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Shapey

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us, it's truly a lesson unlike some made-up strory we often here from some knuckle head around here. But please sweetie, don't be tired of the marriage because it could have been a lot worse than that. Trust me better days are ahead, this is some of the things that happens in every marriage even worse sometimes. Re-new your love for your man and let him realize his mistakes, we men don't usually get things right at first take. If he is as good and hardworking a man as you describe him, then he's worth keeping. Trust me there are no 100% perfect man out there. Goodluck sweetheart and God bless.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2008
So devils in human form still exist. shocked

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by spoilt(f): 1:59am On Jan 10, 2008
I admit i laughed too when i read the 360 degrees thing. Abeg make una no kill me.. Its funny the way he put it. she obviously wasnt laughing at the womans sickness but at the way the guy described it. My sister i feel your pain.Its unfortunate that your husband will think you would rejoice at his mom's tragedy! cry cry My sister Just pack your load kia kia and run to naija for that burial. God will touch your husband's heart and he will come around you hear?
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by abbey10(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2008
Happy for you shapey.
Wishing you the very best trip to Nija
ans success in your preparation,programme proper
and relationship.
Call when you get in hia.
So many pple are waiting to give you backup.
Cheers.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Akinagirl(f): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2008
As i was reading this all i can say is thank you for your courage, you have shown many of us how to handle tight situations, keep your marriage alive, and discuss with him about him beleiving other people over you, i wish you the best in your marriage, good luck, and kick your sister in law out, dont stand for it, she isnt there to help you, she is there to use and abuse you, please, kick her out and do not look back. She will soon realise what she had and be remorseful about her actions, until then, work it out with your husband, and again i wish you luck
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2008
Safe trip to Nigeria, am so happy things are working out wee. There is nothing a little patience cant cure. Anyway like I said earlier its a good thing this happened so you know who you are living with, If the situation was worse you could have found yourself without a husband so every test or trial comes with a reason.
Take it easy at the burial and dont join issues with your sister In-Law, even if she goes about saying stuff, let your husband defend you,Some In-lwas especially Nigerian In-laws can be tricky, Thank God you know what yours can do so be very Careful and Smart.
Take Care and GoDSpeed, look forward to hearing the Gist when you get Back
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by omoge(f): 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2008
Now don't let anything change your mind. SHE must GO once you come back. NEVER allow in-laws to stay with you. Never Again. when you become their friend, they take you for granted and mess you up at your back. My sister went thru a lot being friendly with her inlaws.

Shapely, drive am commot for your house real quick.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by osisi5: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2008
Sweet T:

@Shapey

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us, it's truly a lesson unlike some made-up strory we often here from some knuckle head around here. But please sweetie, don't be tired of the marriage because it could have been a lot worse than that. Trust me better days are ahead, this is some of the things that happens in every marriage even worse sometimes. Re-new your love for your man and let him realize his mistakes, we men don't usually get things right at first take. If he is as good and hardworking a man as you describe him, then he's worth keeping. Trust me there are no 100% perfect man out there. Goodluck sweetheart and God bless.

so such loving words fit commot ya mouth?
May the Lord be praised in this 2008
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by dimpules: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
sincerely, i kinda laughed inside me also when i read d part about 360 degrees. you made a mistake by laughing but dont worry. like has been said he is in grief and hopefully and prayerfully he will come through. give him some space, dont try begging him again, just leave him alone. if u can go for the burial. you will be fine.

Take care
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by shapey(f): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2008
hello people!!!!!!!!!!!! what can i say?the responses have been overwhelming.thank you to all you wonderful guys out there.nairaland na the place sha cheesy
well things are better than they were before,though not fully back on course.i managed to make his favourite junk for him-mac and cheese.as for the other madam who wanted to put a noose around my neck,she has not given up.she is determined to complete and accomplish what she has started.she told me she 'will never forgive me for creating a rift b/w herself and her only brother.'how silly can she get?i just told her i was sooo happy she's a woman too.and it'll not happen to her only if she decides not to get married.
i'm seriously preparing for the sunday trip.my mind is made up,thanks to all your posts that gave me alot of strength and courage where there was none.
i'll never leave nairaland o lai lai!!!!when i return,it'll be one love b/w me and y'all. i'll also intrduce my husband to this forum-that's if his work will permit.

thank you everyone.i love you all kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by TheSly: 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2008
shapey

Good to hear that! cheesy

cheers! cool
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 11, 2008
Hi, Hows the preparation forthe trip. Your sister In-Law is clearly not a nice person, I dont know why a woman will want to cause bad blood between a couple. Anyway, as I keep emphasing, be careful, she may have some bad plans for you in Nigeria, probably moblising her other sisters and relatives. Thank God your issue with your husband is resolved and your people ill be there, but you have to be smart and careful. Good luck
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2008
I suggest you ignore her and tell your husband the gabage she keeps saying to you so he can warn her.

Beware of witches! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by SweetT1: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Shapey

Please can you tell me how old is your sister in-law ?? I think she needs a thorough spanking.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by adeboo(f): 7:54pm On Jan 11, 2008
Yes i was married - and the reason we split is another story for the books.
But thank God u are good - like they say a problem shared is a problem halved.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Akinagirl(f): 5:53am On Jan 12, 2008
glad things are on track! smiley
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Ronkus(f): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2008
, and dy all lived happily e'er after.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by efuah(f): 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2008
I have been reading this thread from day 1! . . . and i thank God so much for his mercy that endures forever! We thank God that u now know the source of it all cus i was wondering why ur husband can take such an issue that far.

Anyway, wish u all da best!!
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by question(m): 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2008
Who cares?

GOD cares. grin

@ Poster, nairaland is not the solution. God is.

If you do not have God in your family, involve Him in everything you do from now on.

I hope your hubby or your sis-in-law does not read this thread. Make wahala no bust again.

Best wishes on your Nig trip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2008
nice one my people at their very best. well done you all. may God remember your good seeds in your time of need.

adeboo and co you guys are gems.
@
adeboo you have good head on your shoulders. if you were near me, i would drag you to the registry even against your will.

i have always wondered why it is Nigerian women that becomes other Nigerian women wahala in relationships. if they are not there as wicked mother in-laws/outlaws & sister in-laws/outlaws, they come as girl friends and 2nd and 3rd wives. why?

God bless you all for a job well done
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by adeboo(f): 12:11am On Jan 14, 2008
joshjosh:

nice one my people at their very best. well done you all. may God remember your good seeds in your time of need.

adeboo and co you guys are gems.
@
adeboo you have good head on your shoulders. if you were near me, i would drag you to the registry even against your will.

i have always wondered why it is Nigerian women that becomes other Nigerian women wahala in relationships. if they are not there as wicked mother in-laws/outlaws & sister in-laws/outlaws, they come as girl friends and 2nd and 3rd wives. why?

God bless you all for a job well done

Thank God that she is sorted out.
Thanks sha - drag to a registry against ma will? Lol.
That would be hilarious - drag me khe?How do u know whether i wouldnt go willingly. Lol.

What can i do - am a lover not a fighter - what joy would i have if someone separated from their husband cause am hoping for a happy home one day.

For one woman to come and scatter ma home - God forbid, God will help her after i have patiently waited. no way, won ti po to (they never plenty reach).
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2008
@adeboo
am a lover not a fighter - what joy would i have if someone separated from their husband cause am hoping for a happy home one day.

may your dreams come true. hope you had a great weekend? these are the stuff nightmares are made of. but no one is answering my question as to why women take delight in torturing other women like these outlaws.

knowing that you "may" be a willing participant i will begin to watch out for you.

so good to know we have people we can rely on on here. so Nigeria man still has hope after all.

God blessings be on you. have a great week.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by faketan(m): 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2008
Hey guys do not crucify this lady oh.

Reason: I am one of those who laugh when things go wrong. I iether smile or laugh but deep down I may be seriously hurting.

Having said that, it will take God to make a second person know you are not mocking him or her so I try my best to control the laughter when the misfortune does not concern me directly.

Try your best and pray baby girl. It is not over. Though it is had to prove that you were not mocking her since she does not seem to like you.
good luck.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by adeboo(f): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
joshjosh:

@adeboo

may your dreams come true. hope you had a great weekend? these are the stuff nightmares are made of. but no one is answering my question as to why women take delight in torturing other women like these outlaws.

knowing that you "may" be a willing participant i will begin to watch out for you.

so good to know we have people we can rely on on here. so Nigeria man still has hope after all.

God blessings be on you. have a great week.

Thank u jare ma guy.
'willing' participant for what?
Because women are real bitches to one another. I usually say it that if u need something from somewhere and u as a woman meets another woman in the position to help u - there is a guarantee that she wont.

I just feel that once a girl is married - the mother of the husband automatically becomes jealous and that causes problems especially if he is the only boy, the first son or the most favoured son.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2008
Because women are real bitches to one another. I usually say it that if u need something from somewhere and u as a woman meets another woman in the position to help u - there is a guarantee that she wont.
I just feel that once a girl is married - the mother of the husband automatically becomes jealous and that causes problems especially if he is the only boy, the first son or the most favoured son.

Wise words. thanks first time someone answer that question i have been carrying. you must be 80 something.!! ha hope not true.

the harshness of some women towards others have always baffled me. one of my sisters is going through hell now from the mother in-law because she "wont obey them". i dont know what that means. she resides in naija but it is like she has a remote control over the boy.

God help us. anyway have a great evening and God bless
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by koolsasy(f): 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2008
@shapey
im sooo happy for u.as 4 me,i v learnt a lot from evrytin.wen i do get married by God s grace,i wont let ny of my hubbys ppple stay in my house,its jus goin to b me,my hubby and my kids.these pple bring lots of trouble somtymes.this doesnt mean i aint gona help pple in d best way i can, but stayin at my homeneva
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 9:39am On Jan 16, 2008
mmmmmmmmmmmm i hope that is not all you learnt from this trouble. there is more to this than in-laws/outlaws business. any little wahala tears down a relationship not built around love and respect for one another.

even if you kill all the inlaws when there is no main foundation only a miracle gets you past 3yrs.

anyway hope you build a great relationship with your hubby to be and find happiness
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by HUMPHERY(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2008
HELLOW POSTER, I REALLY FEEL FOR THE KIND OF EMOTIONAL TRUAMA YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH! I SUGGEST YOU GET THE QUARREL PARTLY SETTLED OVER THERE,COS IT MIGHT ASSUME A NEW DIMENSION IF HE TRAVELS TO NIGERIA ALONE AND COMES BACK. AGAIN, YOU FAILED TO TELL US YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS OTHER FAMILY MEMEBERS HERE IN NIGERIA.,IF IT IS CORDIAL, I GUESSS YOU U NEED TO USE ONE OF THEM TO PURSUE THE AGENDA.
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST angry
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by conda00410(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2008
we need sell this thread to wale adenuga of super story,
great it's a happy ending,
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by coolkaboom(m): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2008
i'm a sucker 4 a happy ending and i am gladdened that u seem to hav control of the situation.may God continue to grant u d patience and understanding to weather d storm 4 d battle is not over.be wary of your sister-in-law particularly but try and mend fences with some of your in-laws.i absolutely refuse to believe they are all diabolical.

i've heard some posters, esp women, say they wont allow any of their in-laws live with them.that's d kind of mind-set that leads to this path.it's not best to go into marriage thinkin it's just u and ur hubby.he had a family b4 u and if they are close (in a healthy way o), u will be very foolish if u dont try to be accomodating.even if it kills u, u need to be a wife and mother to them all and make sure your husband knows you are making a serious effort to win their respect.eventually, they'll give you ur space once they accept u as a sister.in an ideal world, every body will get together.there might be a few that u ll just endure for the sake of peace , but , if they are important to ur spouse, better make them your favourite people in the world.

besides, u never know when u may need their help to keep ur dear beloved knuckle-head in check cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Woman And Her 4 Children Burnt In Anambra After Fire Outbreak. Graphic Photos / Benue Pastor And Wife Welcome Twins After 18 Years Of Waiting (Photo) / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.