Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Weep Not For Ribadu! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Weep Not For Ribadu! (776 Views)

PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch / Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu / Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weep Not For Ribadu! by BigB11(m): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2008
Weep not for Ribadu

Former chairman, Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) Warri, Delta State, Barrister Ojo. Abijogun, yesterday took a critical look at the tenure of embattled chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, saying Nigerians should not shed tears for him.

According to him, Ribadu made himself a stooge in the immediate past administration of ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo, stressing that as a result he deserves whatever treatment he is getting from the present government.
Abijogun in an interview Daily Sun, lamented that Mallam Ribadu turned EFCC into his personal estate while in office, stressing that he refused to listen to wise counsel from eminent Nigerians.

"One of the grievous mistakes he made was that he thought himself was the EFCC hence he made himself more powerful than anyone else. Above all, he allowed himself to be used by ex-President Obasanjo’s administration", lamented Abijogun, stressing that he (Ribadu) courted trouble for himself.

The Warri based legal practitioner recalled with sadness Mallam Ribadu’s vitepurations against some former Governors who he called thieves, regretting that such language was not decent enough.
"Only recently he blackmailed some former governors less than eight months before they left office and called them thieves. He has not done anything and a lot of them whom he blackmailed, are going about on the streets unmolested," remarked the former NBA boss.

The legal luminary who also commented on the masterplan for the development of the Niger Delta, enjoined all the people in the region to be patient with President Yar’Adua as he will execute the project judiciously.

"I am using this opportunity to appeal to our youths to exercise restraint and embrace peace as no meaningful development can take place in an atmosphere of violence," he added

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
Re: Weep Not For Ribadu! by Truequest(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
I've always known that Ribadu is neither fair to all nor sincere in his doings. He was protecting an interest.

But I think we should let this matter go, it has simply been over flogged.
Re: Weep Not For Ribadu! by BigB11(m): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
If the man was so sincere, dedicated and intelligent as his followers continue to claim, then he should have stepped down like a man of integrity immediately he realized that OBJ was using him to fight his political opponents or enemies and not corruption.
If that had taken place, I can assure you that this man would have been backed by many in Nigeria today.

It is also ridiculous that his followers continue to point figure and blame everybody, but the main designer (Ribadu, himself) of the heavy down-fall.
If moving forward is our mission in Nigeria, then we must be honest to one another and call spade "spade", not spade "snake"
This kind of unreasonable attitude will definitely leave us behind for many years to come.

We must understand that Nigeria comes first and not anybody else.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Weep Not For Ribadu! by NigEclipse(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
This explains why Sam Egwu got off the hook when he went to court earlier last year. Being that Sam Egwu is OBJ's lapdog, with Ribadu being in collusion with OBJ, it makes perfect since now to understand why this Sam Egwu was shield from being prosecuted. I guess my wife was right about Ribadu after all. Very interesting. We will see how things turn out.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Plans 5% Tax For Road Maintenance / Prosecute Ex-governors Wives / Ibori Returns From The Hospital To The Prison To Stand Trial Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.