Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

3 Things You MUST DO To Feel Joyful - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Things You MUST DO To Feel Joyful (815 Views)

7 Things You Should Do To Feel Better Every Day / 3 Things You Should Start Doing To Reduce Belly Fat. / How Do You Feel After Smoking Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Things You MUST DO To Feel Joyful by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Everyone wants to be happy, perhaps it is this desire that distract us from actually feeling the joy. Being joyful is not often an unconscious occurrence, sometimes, we should be willing to take steps to improve how we feel.

Remember these tips next time you feel down...

1) Determine what things you're drawn to.

For me, when I think about living my best, healthiest and happiest life, creativity and self expression are always part of the picture. I HAVE to write, create, draw, paint and express myself. It's a MUST for my well-being and it's also the very first thing that gets pushed aside when I get busy.

When you envision yourself feeling happy and joyful, where are you? Who are you with? What are you doing? What makes the experience a happy one?

If you struggle with these questions, think about the last time you felt truly alive and happy. What were you doing? Was it back in high school, maybe university? Was it a specific class that was centered around a forgotten passion? Was it that you were being expressive, using your hands, playing, learning or connecting?

To whose life do you feel drawn? The woman that runs her own business? The mom down the street with an adorable newborn? The musician that plays at the local coffee shop? Ask yourself what about their life you're drawn to and WHY.

2) Eliminate your excuses.

We all have our reasons why we can't make time. How are you supposed to take up painting when you're exhausted from your job? You have bills to pay, there's no way that you can travel and see the world. Or maybe you're with someone that would never support the thing you desire to do.

Stop making excuses and start looking for solutions!

If you set aside just 30 - 60 minutes each day to paint SOMETHING, before you know it, you would have a finished piece. You would have discovered your style, improved tremendously in your technique and had a lot of fun.

There is ALWAYS a way! It may not be exactly how you picture it in your head, but if you just START, you'll get there. Make as much time as you can. If it's only 5 minutes a day, just do it. Start RIGHT NOW and before you know it, you'll be living a life that's infused with your passions, leaving you joyful and satisfied.

3) Start a daily practice.

Carrying on from the last step, you have to have a regular, daily practice. If writing brings you joy, helps you feel centered and allows you to be focused, then it's necessary to the successes in ALL areas of your life.

We often overlook these essential things in our lives because they seem frivolous. If you have time to paint, you probably have time to do something more productive. But if you don't make that time to do something that LIGHTS YOU UP, you will be stressed out, off balance and far less productive on a long-term basis than if you just took 5 minutes to yourself each day.

If your life feels overwhelming, start small. Free write for 5 minutes each day. Paint something, ANYTHING, for 15 minutes every day. Jog once around the block every morning. Bake something one day each week.

Before you know it, you'll feel the benefits of these little spurts and will find yourself giving more and more time to the things that you love. This is GOOD. The more time you're able to give to these things, the happier you'll feel. You'll be more productive, more loving, stress free and fulfilled in your life.

Find five minutes in your day and make it a priority.

And remember, go with the flow!

You may start out focused on writing every day, but if (and when) you find yourself drawn to something new and unexpected, just go with the flow. Your spirit is initially drawn to what it needs to thrive so that it can carry you on the path you're meant to take. Go with the flow.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Avoid Exercise? / . / Six Steps To Positive Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.