Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,568 members, 7,847,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (882740 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2015
Marc9:

Polycystic ovaries is suggestive of hormonal imbalance. I think there's a high FSH and low estrogen level.

Well, you need to see a doc for treatment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2015
Marc9:

Polycystic ovaries is suggestive of hormonal imbalance. I think there's a high FSH and low estrogen level.

Well, you need to see a doc for treatment.

thanks for the response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ritzeluv(f): 11:48am On Mar 02, 2015
Hi Doc, two years ago I always felt there was something like stone in my lower abdomen. I went for scan and I was told I had ovarian cyst. Late last year the pain and seed disappear. But since last month if I see my menstruation a big thick black blood always come out more than five times in a day and the blood flow much. Please I am confused.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
ritzeluv:
Hi Doc, two years ago I always felt there was something like stone in my lower abdomen. I went for scan and I was told I had ovarian cyst. Late last year the pain and seed disappear. But since last month if I see my menstruation a big thick black blood always come out more than five times in a day and the blood flow much. Please I am confused.

The description is suggestive of fibroids(myoma).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AwesomeGodIAv: 6:28am On Mar 04, 2015
Marc9:

From your quote, your last menstruation was on Dec 11th, making it 74days+ of menstrual cessation. There's a factor responsible.

Let me ask, was an Evacuation done to empty the uterus?

No sir, the doctor did a scan nd said Uterus Empty nd Complete abortion. That was d result
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aminat508(f): 8:30am On Mar 04, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2015
Aminat508:
Doctor help me, d last time I saw my period was January 23, up till now I haven't see it, and I have done pregnancy test recently which was negative, but some days back, I started feeling pain in my abdomen, d lower part of it, anytime d pain started, d conclusion of d pain is I go to d toilet and poo,nd my poo is black in colour and very watery, so I told my doctor nd he said it maybe typhoid, so he ask me to get Ciprotab nd flaggy nd I have ben on dis since Monday, I took d ciprotab morning and night, immediately I took d drug last night, d pain started again up till moment. pls doctor advise me what could be d problem am in my late 20.

Dark stool is suggestive of ulcerative colitis(Gastroenteritis).

Go run a stool culture, and take the result to see your physician.

My take is E.coli
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aminat508(f): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2015
Marc9:

Dark stool is suggestive of ulcerative colitis(Gastroenteritis).

Go run a stool culture, and take the result to see your physician.

My take is E.coli
Thank u sir an really concerns gan I will go for d test, though am still on d ciprotab
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2015
AwesomeGodIAv:

No sir, the doctor did a scan nd said Uterus Empty nd Complete abortion. That was d result

Secondary amenorrhea.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2015
Aminat508:
Thank u sir I'm really concerned about this. I will go for d test, though am still on d ciprotab

For an Inflammatory bowel disease, anti-inflammatory drugs like corticosteroid is ideal, since inflammation is the resultant of immune response to a distress, and corticosteroid is an immune suppressant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Oluqueen: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2015
Marc9:

There's nothing in your uterus. The protruding tummy is likely due to myometrial hyperplasia(post-surgical swelling).

Regular abdominal exercise like sit up would reduce the protrusion.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by floragregs(f): 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hi Doc, can a preggy woman (8weeks) take worm expellant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
floragregs:
Hi Doc, can a preggy woman (8weeks) take worm expellant?

Why didn't u take the worm expeller before you took in?

Well, antihelminthic is contra-indicated in pregnancy. So, don't take it!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by floragregs(f): 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Marc9:

Why didn't u take the worm expeller before you took in?

Well, antihelminthic is contra-indicated in pregnancy. So, don't take it!
thanks for replying! Well I didn't remember to take it bfore now because I didn't feel the need to (my mistake). I'm just guessing worm because I feel hungry too much, maybe it's just the preg. But it just feels like when I used to have worm issues before now
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
floragregs:
thanks for replying! Well I didn't remember to take it bfore now because I didn't feel the need to (my mistake). I'm just guessing worm because I feel hungry too much, maybe it's just the preg. But it just feels like when I used to have worm issues before now

Smile...

Well, maybe it didn't occur to you there are now two stomachs to feed. It's quite normal for pregnant ladies to experince elevated orexia(appetite).

So, your hyperphagy(hunger) is due to the pregnancy, and not due to worm infestation.

Don't worry, you and your preg will be just fine. Eat all the good foods and nourishment you can!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by floragregs(f): 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
Marc9:

Smile...

Well, maybe it didn't occur to you there are now two stomachs to feed. It's quite normal for pregnant ladies to experince elevated orexia(appetite).

So, your hyperphagy(hunger) is due to the pregnancy, and not due to worm infestation.

Don't worry, you and your preg will be just fine. Eat all the good foods and nourishment you can!
tnx doc, *hug*
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
@ Marc9, Good evening, posted on the other thread but you've not read it.
I've been ttc for close to 4 years now.
Actually, I tested for ovulation using OPK last month but came out negative and my menses started on cd 17 which is very very unusual because I have a consistent cycle of 26days since puberty, I have been bleeding for the past 11days, called the gynae and i was told to go for pelvic scan.

The scan revealed multiple transmural fibroids of about 4.9cm which is the biggest. I have appointment with the doctor on Saturday to show him the result of the scan however, I was placed on tranxamine tablet, diclofenac and lycoset syrup, of which I started yesterday morning but the bleeding hasn't stopped for now.
I'm already scared of seeing him because of the result, just because myomectomy is d last option. I don't know what could have brought about the bleeding till now.

Please sir, are there ways in which fibroids can be shrunk for someone trying to conceive without surgery because I know of about 5 persons that did surgery and no positive result yet. Some people suggested Apple Cider Vinegar and Black Strap Moasses for shrinking it.

I'm sorry for my long post, I'm so burdened and need to pour out my heart. Help a sister, May God send helpers to you in life. Thank you sir in anticipation for your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
Redeemed:
@ Marc9, Good evening, posted on the other thread but you've not read it.
I've been ttc for close to 4 years now.
Actually, I tested for ovulation using OPK last month but came out negative and my menses started on cd 17 which is very very unusual because I have a consistent cycle of 26days since puberty, I have been bleeding for the past 11days, called the gynae and i was told to go for pelvic scan.

The scan revealed multiple transmural fibroids of about 4.9cm which is the biggest. I have appointment with the doctor on Saturday to show him the result of the scan however, I was placed on tranxamine tablet, diclofenac and lycoset syrup, of which I started yesterday morning but the bleeding hasn't stopped for now.
I'm already scared of seeing him because of the result, just because myomectomy is d last option. I don't know what could have brought about the bleeding till now.

Please sir, are there ways in which fibroids can be shrunk for someone trying to conceive without surgery because I know of about 5 persons that did surgery and no positive result yet. Some people suggested Apple Cider Vinegar and Black Strap Moasses for shrinking it.

I'm sorry for my long post, I'm so burdened and need to pour out my heart. Help a sister, May God send helpers to you in life. Thank you sir in anticipation for your response.

I'm so sorry for not replying your earlier post. I had a domestic issue I was resolving.

Well, 4.9cm is significant in size. Surgical removal, by some gynea, is most often indicated, though alternative line of treatment could be indicated and tried, before myomectomy is considered.

For the no visible result observed, it depends on how long the n medications were taken. You don't take such for a week or two, and expect the fibroids to shrink. Good result is time dependent!

Well, Apple cider vinegar and black moases are natural extracts with properties thought to shrink myomas, though I'm nt sure of their effectiveness. But there are other natural extracts with properties known to shrink/wear off irregular growths like fiboids.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 7:15am On Mar 06, 2015
@ marc9, I really appreciate your response, the lord will honour and you will never be stranded in life. Your advice has brought so much relief to me.
Please sir, I wouldn't mind if you can prescribed the natural extract that I can use to shrink it and I trust God that all will be well. You cam PM me sir or i can send my e mail address if there is a need for consultation. God bless you sir!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ayomi1015: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2015
Dr. Kathy, Thanks for the wonderful job. I need your enlightenment on a problem that have been bothering me for a while. Pls, what is the meaning and implication of not having enough fluid on the embryo in the womb of a pregnant woman? The pregnancy is about 6months plus now. Thanks Doctor!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2015
ayomi1015:
Dr. Kathy, Thanks for the wonderful job. I need your enlightenment on a problem that have been bothering me for a while. Pls, what is the meaning and implication of not having enough fluid on the embryo in the womb of a pregnant woman? The pregnancy is about 6months plus now. Thanks Doctor!

Kathy is not on call for the mean time, but I convened the complaint to her and she said it's a case anhydramnious pregnancy. It means the amniotic fluid is less than the normal amount. The complication of such condition is breech presentation.

I'll advise you let your doctor know about it in your next ANC.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2015
Redeemed:
@ marc9, I really appreciate your response, the lord will honour and you will never be stranded in life. Your advice has brought so much relief to me.
Please sir, I wouldn't mind if you can prescribed the natural extract that I can use to shrink it and I trust God that all will be well. You cam PM me sir or i can send my e mail address if there is a need for consultation. God bless you sir!

Send a PM.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dammy1015: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2015
Hi, Dr Kathy. Please, how can someone know when she starts ovulating? What are the like signs? Thanks and God bless!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
@Marc9, I don't longer use d email address on my Nairaland account because its has been hacked. My new email address is bukkyjez@gmail.com. Thanks.Message
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumtobe: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pls you all should be careful of marc9. Just got a report from a nairalander friend of how after paying some amount for drugs, he didnt get it and has refused to pay back. Worst of it all is d money was borrowed and she has been calling him, he doesnt pick but i just sae he updated today.

Please if truly you are the good guy she talked about before now, pay and clear all doubt from her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ajikeade234: 4:25am On Mar 07, 2015
Dr. KathyEkiti,
It's been a pleasure having you on this forum. You've really touched many lives here. May God continue to bless you.
My question is that, I had my Feb menses on the 5th-8th and my March menses from 3rd-6th this year. (1) What is my MC? (2) What could be my Ovulation period? Am married for two years now and didn't concieve since ten months after I had miscarriage. Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bigglat: 4:38am On Mar 07, 2015
Dr. Kathy,
My wife hasn't pregnant since she had miscarriage about a year ago. Her menstrual cycle is 27days. She had this month (March) menstrual on the 3rd-6th of March. What's her ovulation period? What drug can she be taken to facilitate her quick pregnance? Pls, treat as urgent!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tinu02(f): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
Doc
My last menstrual period was on jan 27th I avnt seen my period since. I went to a pharmacist who told me do pregnancy test I did both. Blood and urine pregnancy test and they came out negative. What should I do pls am concerned.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Tinu02:
Doc
My last menstrual period was on jan 27th I avnt seen my period since. I went to a pharmacist who told me do pregnancy test I did both. Blood and urine pregnancy test and they came out negative. What should I do pls am concerned.

There's an underlying factor responsible for the menstrual cessation. See your doctor for help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
mumtobe:
Pls you all should be careful of marc9. Just got a report from a nairalander friend of how after paying some amount for drugs, he didnt get it and has refused to pay back. Worst of it all is d money was borrowed and she has been calling him, he doesnt pick but i just sae he updated today.

Please if truly you are the good guy she talked about before now, pay and clear all doubt from her

I'm tempted to call you a "nitwit", but I won't do that.

Is your friend a handicap that you had to come make a slander on her behalf?

Well, it's one of those things though. "To every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction".

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.