Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,413 members, 7,850,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (883274 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
Pweetiebabe:
Thanks so much doc.. .. his fluid is no watery @ all, will ask him to run d test though....

May God bless your handwork. please doc can cytotec cause infertility?

Not to my knowledge.

That drug should be used under a doctors supervision though.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 6:34am On Feb 21, 2016
mumjk:
I'm 33, for 2yrs now it's been like that. No recent surgery, no drugs history, I've not been to d hospital n nothing has been tried. Thank u
doc pls I'm still waiting for ur response. Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hello Doctor, i gave birth August 2014 but start my mensration may 2015 and since then my mensuration is over flowing and clothing
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Peach45(f): 7:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Doctor u too much,went to d clinic,was given nyastin to b inserted in d vaginal at nite. Will u prescribe any cream to use or there is no need
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2016
mumjk:
doc pls I'm still waiting for ur response. Thank u

Hello mumjk

So sorry about the oversight.

Erm... I would like you to do a hormonal profile and pelvic ultrasound scan.

I will review you with the report.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2016
oluwawunmi:
Hello Doctor, i gave birth August 2014 but start my mensration may 2015 and since then my mensuration is over flowing and clothing

Hello oluwawunmi

How old are you? How many days do you bleed? And what's the average number of pads you use per cycle?

Are you on any hormonal contraceptive?

Has any test or scan been done?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2016
Peach45:
Doctor u too much,went to d clinic,was given nyastin to b inserted in d vaginal at nite. Will u prescribe any cream to use or there is no need

Thank you. No need for the cream. Use the pessary as directed.

What I'd like you to do is, DRY your undies outdoors.(under direct sunlight)

Use a little jik/dettol when washing your undies.

Change undies a minimum of twice a day.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Peach45(f): 10:57am On Feb 22, 2016
D issue started November wen I did not c my menses n I did pregnancy test it was negative, so one of my family nurse advised I shud go for m/c/s. She said it cud b infection dat made it not to come. I went n it's says heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus. Wat cud b b cause cos I was not even having itches or vaginal discharge. N one doctor I went to see in Nov said it's missed abortion but d PT shows negative n I did not bleed. He now said he will carry out evacuation n I told my husband who travelled dat time said I shud wait for him to com.asking if doctor is aware I did CS Dat he want to do evacuation. during waiting, I now saw my menses 28th Dec 2015. I saw my menses Jan 26. Do u still advise I go for pelvic scan. Thank u sir for ur quick response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=Baxilexi post=43144631]

Hello oluwawunmi

How old are you? How many days do you bleed? And what's the average number of pads you use per cycle?

Are you on any hormonal contraceptive?

Has any test or scan been done? Thanks Doctor, am 33yrs it varies as time 4days it has last like 10days b4 and numbers of pads like 3pcs wit tissue and stains allover me.do use postinor once in awhile
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Good day doc.... Plss help me explain dis HSV result o

HSV WET PREP::: Pus Cell(3-5)hpf
RBCs:::Nil
Epithelia Cell:sad++)
Bacteria Cell::sad++)
Yeast Cell::sad+++)
Others:::Nil

HSV graming:::Gram positive cocci, diplococci
and yeast Cells seen.

HVS CULTURE::::Aneerobic(chocolate Ager)
Moderate growth of non heamolitic(Enterococus feacalise) isolated after 72hrs of incubation @ 37C.

Mixed growth of lactose farmenting colonies of Enterococus feacalise and Candida albican isolated after 72hrs of incubation @ 37C.

Antimicrobial test:::ofloxacin&ornidazole(Nidof)3+,Ciprofloxacin(tamaflex)2+, Ceftriaxone(ceftab) 2+, Amoxacillin +, pefloxacin3+, Streptomycin +, Erythromycin+.

RESISTANCE DRUGS:::ampiclox, septrin, gentamycin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
Peach45:
D issue started November wen I did not c my menses n I did pregnancy test it was negative, so one of my family nurse advised I shud go for m/c/s. She said it cud b infection dat made it not to come. I went n it's says heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus. Wat cud b b cause cos I was not even having itches or vaginal discharge. N one doctor I went to see in Nov said it's missed abortion but d PT shows negative n I did not bleed. He now said he will carry out evacuation n I told my husband who travelled dat time said I shud wait for him to com.asking if doctor is aware I did CS Dat he want to do evacuation. during waiting, I now saw my menses 28th Dec 2015. I saw my menses Jan 26. Do u still advise I go for pelvic scan. Thank u sir for ur quick response.

A pelvic scan would be a better option than evacuation. Although I am not thinking along the lines of retained products of conception, but in respect to a colleagues intuition, just do it.

I am concerned more with the infection. When you're done with your medication I'll like you to do some tests.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=oluwawunmi post=43149487][/quote]

I'll like you to stop the postinor and stick with condoms till further notice.

Do a pelvic ultrasound scan, shortly before your next menses.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
Pweetiebabe:
Good day doc.... Plss help me explain dis HSV result o

HSV WET PREP::: Pus Cell(3-5)hpf
RBCs:::Nil
Epithelia Cell:sad++)
Bacteria Cell::sad++)
Yeast Cell::sad+++)
Others:::Nil

HSV graming:::Gram positive cocci, diplococci
and yeast Cells seen.

HVS CULTURE::::Aneerobic(chocolate Ager)
Moderate growth of non heamolitic(Enterococus feacalise) isolated after 72hrs of incubation @ 37C.

Mixed growth of lactose farmenting colonies of Enterococus feacalise and Candida albican isolated after 72hrs of incubation @ 37C.

Antimicrobial test:::ofloxacin&ornidazole(Nidof)3+,Ciprofloxacin(tamaflex)2+, Ceftriaxone(ceftab) 2+, Amoxacillin +, pefloxacin3+, Streptomycin +, Erythromycin+.

RESISTANCE DRUGS:::ampiclox, septrin, gentamycin

You have a fungal infection(candidiasis). And the best drug for treatment is a combination therapy of ofloxacin and ordinazole which can be purchased at your nearby pharmacy.

You should also watch your cleaning pattern. Remember! front to back only.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumjk: 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello mumjk

So sorry about the oversight.

Erm... I would like you to do a hormonal profile and pelvic ultrasound scan.

I will review you with the report.
ok doc will do dat asap, thanks so much for ur prompt response. God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hellor doctors in the house, pls i conducted these test last year and my doctor gave me clomid for two cycles and 15 days bromergon but uptil now no preg. yet please what i do?
1. Hsg -left tubal blockage
2. Pelvic scan - ovarian cyclist
3. Hormonal profile -FSH 7.08miu\ml, LH 11.08mIU\ml, PRL 18.79ng\ml, PROG 0.622ng\ml. Pls what do i do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ommyk: 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hello Doctors, please I went for a day 3 HP.Results (FSH)=17.670mlu/ml
Foll.P:3.5 - 12.5
mIU/ml

LH)=9.47
Follicular Phase : 2.4 - 12.6,
mIU/ml

Prolactin=234.80
Women (Non-pregnant): 102-496
uIU/ml

Method :Chemiluminescence Immuno Assay(CLIA).

Please assist interpret. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 6:41am On Feb 24, 2016
jesulolami:

Hellor doctors in the house, pls i conducted these test last year and my doctor gave me clomid for two cycles and 15 days bromergon but uptil now no preg. yet please what i do?
1. Hsg -left tubal blockage
2. Pelvic scan - ovarian cyclist
3. Hormonal profile -FSH 7.08miu\ml, LH 11.08mIU\ml, PRL 18.79ng\ml, PROG 0.622ng\ml. Pls what do i do?

Hello jesulolami

Can I get the laboratory normal range values for the listed parameters.

This HP was conducted before you began those medications, right?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nikz(f): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2016
Good day doc, pls is it safe for me to take cefuroxime axetil tablet while ovulating? I started taking it on Saturday and right now I am ovulating should I discontinue or not? Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 6:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Ommyk:
Hello Doctors, please I went for a day 3 HP.Results (FSH)=17.670mlu/ml
Foll.P:3.5 - 12.5
mIU/ml

LH)=9.47
Follicular Phase : 2.4 - 12.6,
mIU/ml

Prolactin=234.80
Women (Non-pregnant): 102-496
uIU/ml

Method :Chemiluminescence Immuno Assay(CLIA).

Please assist interpret. Thank you

Hello Ommyk

How old are you?
Are/were you currently on any medication?
Do you have kids?

For a day 3 HP, your basal FSH value is extremely high, and the simple interpretation is that your brain is telling your ovaries with indignation, raise me an egg. My problem here is why no just ask the usual way(that is within the normal range).

Answer the above questions and I'll give you my inference.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 7:04am On Feb 24, 2016
nikz:
Good day doc, pls is it safe for me to take cefuroxime axetil tablet while ovulating? I started taking it on Saturday and right now I am ovulating should I discontinue or not? Thank you.

Morning nikz

Finish with the antibiotic. Whatever you are treating poses a bigger threat, especially if it's a genitourinary infection.

Out of curiosity, what are you treating?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nikz(f): 9:06am On Feb 24, 2016
Baxilexi:

Morning nikz

Finish with the antibiotic. Whatever you are treating poses a bigger threat, especially if it's a genitourinary infection.

Out of curiosity, what are you treating?

Had to undergo a procedure before HSG test same day. I started bleeding so I was given cefuroxime and other drugs but I've finished taking other drugs. Bleeding has stopped. Thank you so much I guess I have to continue.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ommyk: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=Baxilexi post=43197709]

Hello Ommyk

How old are you? 27
Are/were you currently on any medication? Started M2tone 2 days ago (prescription)
Do you have kids? No
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ommyk: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=Baxilexi post=43197709]

Hello Ommyk

How old are you? 27
Are/were you currently on any medication? Started M2tone 2 days ago (prescription)
Do you have kids? No

Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dr,a friend of mine ask dis questions? pls is pelvic or abdominal scan shud b done 2check infertily reason.and whch day of d cycle shud does scans or tests b done
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
The laboratory normal range values for HP are as follows; Fsh- 6-11miu/ml, LH-10-20miu/ml, Progesterone-1-3ng/ml, prl-11-18ng/ml
yes, those medication where given to me after the Hp. Please help me out am tired of general hospital
Baxilexi:

Hello jesulolami

Can I get the laboratory normal range values for the listed parameters.

This HP was conducted before you began those medications, right?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=Ommyk post=43201030][/quote]

Hello ommyk

I'd hold M2tone as the culprit here. Might just be the cause of the elevated FSH.

Is your doctor aware of the lab report? This lab report may as well be normal.

Usually a day 3 FSH is done to access ovarian reserve in place of AMH.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
jesulolami:
The laboratory normal range values for HP are as follows; Fsh- 6-11miu/ml, LH-10-20miu/ml, Progesterone-1-3ng/ml, prl-11-18ng/ml
yes, those medication where given to me after the Hp. Please help me out am tired of general hospital
Hello jesulolami

Your prolactin levels are high, hence the reason for bromergom. If the levels are still high when you repeat the test, I'll suggest your doctor changes to dostinex. It has a better track record.

Where is the ovarian cyst? Right or left.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
Orente21:
Dr,a friend of mine ask dis questions? pls is pelvic or abdominal scan shud b done 2check infertily reason.and whch day of d cycle shud does scans or tests b done

Hello orente21

Yes, it's very necessary for fertility. It helps uncover pathologies in and around the uterus, from congenital uterine abnormalities to ovarian cysts, and a host of others.

Concerning fertility, it's done in concordance with the physicians index of suspicion. So there's no rule per se. In some instances, to check for polycystic ovaries, for others, follicle tracking and so on.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Baxilexi:

HTHANKS DOC. IS LEFT

Your prolactin levels are high, hence the reason for bromergom. If the levels are still high when you repeat the test, I'll suggest your doctor changes to dostinex. It has a better track record.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Left.
Baxilexi:

Hello jesulolami

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good evening doc,
Concerning d pre-seed usage u tld me to use from cd9 to cd17. I started it on cd8 and I used it till ystday which was cd14. I wnt be able to continue it because I wnt be able to bd for few wks... I lost my mother inlaw today.
I want to ask if der is hope for conception cos am still having O symptoms
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TGM2015: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good day doctors in the house,
Please below information is for couples that are trying to conceive. Around last year May 29 the wife did surgery for fibroid removal since then she is yet to conceive. They have done some test early this year

Husband Hormonal /Sherman analysis test.
LH 10.3miu/ml (0.7 - 7.4)
FSH 8.7miu/ml (1.0 - 14.0)
Testosterone 4.0ng/ml (2.5 - 10)
Prolactin 10.4ng/ml (1.8 - 17.0)

Volume 4.0ml
Colour Greyish white
Motility Active 18%, Sluggish 5%, Dead 87%
Morphology Pin head 60%, Double heads 25%, Rugged head 15%
Count 1.7 x 10 cell/ml
PRS Cell 2 - 3 hyif
Ephithelial Cell +
Culture S. Aureus isolated after 24 hrs of incubation @ 37%

Wife Hormonal & HVS tests
LH 2.1 miu/ml (0.5 - 10.5)
FSH 1.8 miu/ml (5.1 - 14.0)
Prolactin 15.1 ng/ml (1.2 - 19.5)
Progesterone 0.1 ng/ml (0.1 - 1.4)

PUS cell 2 - 3 hyif
Red blood cells Nil
Epithelial cells +
Casts & Crystal Nil
Bacteria few
S. Aureus isolated after 24 hrs of incubation @ 37%

SCAN TEST TODAY - PELVIC SCAN
1. Uterus, endometrial thickness, both ovaries, pouch of Douglas all normal.
2. Echo pattern homogeneous and myometrium is expanded by solid tissue masses with mixed echoes textures and AP diameters of 1.2cm intramural in the mid anterior wall and 1.5cm in the anterior fundal wall.
3. Annexe bilaterally free and no pelvic collection.
4. Assessment, seedlings of uterine fibroid. And suggest folliculometry, HSG, Hormone profile and SFA..

The scan results ignite the fear in her on fibroid and she has clocked forty years of age with no pregnancy. So she shares her fear and possibility of her to get pregnant considering the tests, fibroid and age. Please note that both have completed s. acres drug, she use clomid 50g last cycle and the husband is on addyzoa (something like that). The scan results also stated that no credit or retained products of conception sighted.
She sometimes feel some few hours pain towards her period.

Please advise and mention my moniker instead of quoting the post. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.