Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,273 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880840 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by anitank(f): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello anitank

Best treatment to improve your eggs production? Sadly non that I know of. Females' eggs production stops in-utero, and at birth you have about 400,000 and its a downhill process from there till menopause.

Alternatives to conceiving? High levels of FSH is not the absolute indicator of ovarian failure. So there might be one or two resilient wannabe a child egg(s) remaining. Not to hazard a gamble, and also not to raise your hopes, IVF is your most likely option.

Hot flashes and night sweat? Nigeria is too hot. J/k
These symptoms are synonymous with menopause. But, you are already on the right path, the combined oral contraceptive is to serve as hormone replacement therapy and regularise your MC/mitigate symptoms of incipient menopause.
No need for adjuvant therapy. Stay on your meds for now.

In all, am saddened by your situation, especially because of your age. Do you have a partner?

You may need to do an Antimillerian Hormone assay(AMH) for definitive diagnosis of Premature Ovarian Failure.

Thanks very much, would definitely see about the AMH. And yes I do have a partner and things seem to be moving progressively towards the next step hence my seeking advice from a professional about my situation. It's really saddening that I have to go through this at my age when all I have wanted was to have all my kids and rest before I turn 30
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
@ favouredestiny

The uterus is non-gravid(not pregnant)

No follicle matured, hence no ovulation, no conception.

That aside, all is well in paradise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by HEALTHCARE55: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
that great to know and that will be a good news ... you care more about your manhood we can help you enlarge it https://www.nairaland.com/2967212/manhood-enlargement
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamhistreasure: 12:28am On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Modify
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favouredestiny: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2016
Baxilexi:
@ favouredestiny

The uterus is non-gravid(not pregnant)

No follicle matured, hence no ovulation, no conception.

That aside, all is well in paradise.

Thank u very much doctor. Please is there any hope for matured follicles this cycle as my Cycle length is 29days. Also, what can I do to improve my ovulation for d next cycle? I am actively trying for a baby.

Thank u doctor for helping out.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Hello doc , what can i take to correct my cycle from 33days to its normal 29days[sub][/sub]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2016
iamhistreasure:

thank you doctor, I am a bit worried about it cos it happens with my partner. He doesn't erupt from mouth action

Its nothing to be bothered about. What would be worrisome is if he doesn't ejaculate by intercourse.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:56am On Mar 03, 2016
enatasha:
Good morning dr, I had a pelvic scan and would like to have answers to the following.

1. what does endometrial plate is well outlined mean?

2. What does "Both adnexea are free" also mean?

3. Would intramural fibroid of 5.5cm in size hinder conception?

Hello entasha

1. Endomertial plate? Innermost lining of your uterus.

2. Free adnexea tissue? Tissue adjacent to the uterus. Oviduct, broad ligament, ovaries etc

3. Would a 5.5cm fibroid impair conception? If its not close to the cervical os, no.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:59am On Mar 03, 2016
favouredestiny:

Thank u very much doctor. Please is there any hope for matured follicles this cycle as my Cycle length is 29days. Also, what can I do to improve my ovulation for d next cycle? I am actively trying for a baby.

Thank u doctor for helping out.

Any hope? Sadly no.

Improve ovulation? Have you been to a gynae clinic.
Have you used clomiphene(clomid)before?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2016
99billiondollar:
Hello doc , what can i take to correct my cycle from 33days to its normal 29days[sub][/sub]

Hello 99billiondollar.

Any story to go with your inquiry?

There's a solution, but I'd like you not to bother with the duration, unless you have other complaints.

With time it will regularise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by happymummy(f): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2016
good morning doctor
pls help interpret dis scan result

USS shows a bulky, non- gravid anteverted uterus measuring 12.1cm * 8.9cm * 10.1cm‎ (L * AP * T)
There are multiple uterine fibroids measuring 4.7cm * 3.3cm (intramural and anterior) , 
3.3cm* 2.1cm‎ (submucous and anterior), and
4.3cm* 3.0cm (submucous and posterior). 
The endometrial thickness appears normal.
Both Adnexae are normal.
No significant pelvic fund collection.

it was done dis morning
am ttc, for married 2013 December
what do I do?
I await a reply on what to do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2016
happymummy:
good morning doctor
pls help interpret dis scan result

USS shows a bulky, non- gravid anteverted uterus measuring 12.1cm * 8.9cm * 10.1cm‎ (L * AP * T)
There are multiple uterine fibroids measuring 4.7cm * 3.3cm (intramural and anterior) , 
3.3cm* 2.1cm‎ (submucous and anterior), and
4.3cm* 3.0cm (submucous and posterior). 
The endometrial thickness appears normal.
Both Adnexae are normal.
No significant pelvic fund collection.

it was done dis morning
am ttc, for married 2013 December
what do I do?
I await a reply on what to do

Hello happymummy

You've got an enlarged non-pregnant normal womb, with multiple fibroid enmeshed.

What steps have you take in your quest for pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello entasha

1. Endomertial plate? Innermost lining of your uterus.

2. Free adnexea tissue? Tissue adjacent to the uterus. Oviduct, broad ligament, ovaries etc

3. Would a 5.5cm fibroid impair conception? If its not close to the cervical os, no.

Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by favouredestiny: 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Baxilexi:

Any hope? Sadly no.

Improve ovulation? Have you been to a gynae clinic.
Have you used clomiphene(clomid)before?

Hi doctor, God bless u for helping us out here. I have taken clomid twice late last year, along with other drugs to balance my hormones because I had high prolactin. This is the first time I am doing follicumetry, though I took no hormonal drugs this cycle.

Doctor, please help. Thank u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phunmykay(f): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
Good afternoon doc pls what are the likely treatment for hepatitis B positive
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
favouredestiny:

Hi doctor, God bless u for helping us out here. I have taken clomid twice late last year, along with other drugs to balance my hormones because I had high prolactin. This is the first time I am doing follicumetry, though I took no hormonal drugs this cycle.

Doctor, please help. Thank u.

How old are you? Clomid can be used consecutively for up to 3 cycles. So, failure after one trial isn't the end.

From your next cycle. We'll begin with a day 3 hormonal profile. Urinalysis/HVS. HSG, If you haven't done it before.

Your husband should get a SFA done.

We'll build on these.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
phunmykay:
Good afternoon doc pls what are the likely treatment for hepatitis B positive

Check viral load and liver function test first.

I use lamivudine for treatment.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by happymummy(f): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello happymummy

You've got an enlarged non-pregnant normal womb, with multiple fibroid enmeshed.

What steps have you take in your quest for pregnancy?

Have don pcv test
will get my Hsv result on saturday

before now have used herbs and fohow products but.no.change
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by unbranded13(f): 4:52am On Mar 04, 2016
good day docs in the house. Please is there any cure or treatment for candidas...Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2016
unbranded13:
good day docs in the house. Please is there any cure or treatment for candidas...Thanks

Madam.
I guess a cultured had been done and atleast a moderate to heavy growth of candida spp was observed within the normal time frame.
You weren't specific with the condition or place of the body to which you are having the candida albican(or yeast) disturbance.However,for any of the candida albican infection or disturbances an antifungal medication is concisely to be prescribed as a firstline of treatment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kalfloxy(f): 8:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Good morning doc. Hope you are good.
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure through laproscopy. I've not had a period since October 2014. I am 30 and married. I don't have any of the menopausal symptoms like hot flashes etc.
So, I am curious, could it be that I have chances of spontaneous conception? And possibly any drugs to help?
My FSH level is above 50 though and the ovaries are very small because he said he would have done an ovarian drill if not for the size of my ovaries.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
kalfloxy:
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure through laproscopy. I've not had a period since October 2014. I am 30 and married. I don't have any of the menopausal symptoms like hot flashes etc.
So, I am curious, could it be that I have chances of spontaneous conception? And possibly any drugs to help?
My FSH level is above 50 though and the ovaries are very small because he said he would have done an ovarian drill if not for the size of my ovaries.

Hello kalfloxy

Wow! Sorry to hear that.

Spontaneous conception? God alone has the answer to that. To my knowledge, no.

Drugs? They wouldn't help with conception but with menopausal symptoms. Its called Hormone Replacement Therapy.

Have you visited a fertility clinic with this complaint?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kalfloxy(f): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello kalfloxy

Wow! Sorry to hear that.

Spontaneous conception? God alone has the answer to that. To my knowledge, no.

Drugs? They wouldn't help with conception but with menopausal symptoms. Its called Hormone Replacement Therapy.

Have you visited a fertility clinic with this complaint?

No, Baxilexi, I haven't. Probably because I've been so heartbroken since the procedure. The doc told me IVF is the only possible way out.

I felt I could have a chance since I don't have the menoposal symptoms.

Thanks for your response though. I'll ask him about the HRT. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sannies(m): 7:46am On Mar 06, 2016
Good morning doctor,can u help me translate dis pelvic scan result:

The uterus is bulky and contains multiple hypoechoie masses of varying sizes within is myometrium. The endometrial plate is not seen to advantage.
The left adnexium has a thin walled cyptic structure measuring 23 x 13mm.
The right adnexium is free.
No fluid is in the pouch of Douglas.
Ass: uterine fibroids
: left adnexial cypt? Functional
Pls note TTC. Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
sannies:
Good morning doctor,can u help me translate dis pelvic scan result:

The uterus is bulky and contains multiple hypoechoie masses of varying sizes within is myometrium. The endometrial plate is not seen to advantage.
The left adnexium has a thin walled cyptic structure measuring 23 x 13mm.
The right adnexium is free.
No fluid is in the pouch of Douglas.
Ass: uterine fibroids
: left adnexial cypt? Functional
Pls note TTC. Thanks as I await your response.

Hello sannies

The uterus is larger than normal, due to enmeshed fibroid nodules. There's also a thin walled sac containing fluid. Most like a follicle the that dint rupture hence the term 'functional'.
I don't think the above can obstruct, may be impair to some extent at most.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sannies(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello sannies

The uterus is larger than normal, due to enmeshed fibroid nodules. There's also a thin walled sac containing fluid. Most like a follicle the that dint rupture hence the term 'functional'.
I don't think the above can obstruct, may be impair to some extent at most.
Thanks for ur quick response,
Nowadays,usually a day or two after my monthly menses,i still see blood as if I am still menstruating and it lasts for more than five days.is dis as a result of the fibriod too? Pls what can I do or take to stop this? Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Twogreatnations: 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hi doctor, good evening and thanks for your prompt answers to questions. Please I am pregnant( had a PT blood) yesterday but I spot( brown discharge) only obvious when I wipe with a tissue. Is this normal? I got a progesterone shot yesterday and am to continue till week 12, but I still see little of it. Should I be worried?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
sannies:

Thanks for ur quick response,
Nowadays,usually a day or two after my monthly menses,i still see blood as if I am still menstruating and it lasts for more than five days.is dis as a result of the fibriod too? Pls what can I do or take to stop this? Thank u

Hello sannies

Fibroid increases the endometrial surface area hence longer/heavy bleeding.
You need to report this to your doctor so he can make a clinical diagnosis of your condition/ clinically significant fibroid.

Lets prioritise here, I believe the sub-fertility is a more pressing issue than the hypermenorrhoea right? If so, I recommend a hormonal profile next. Day 3 and 21.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Twogreatnations:
Hi doctor, good evening and thanks for your prompt answers to questions. Please I am pregnant( had a PT blood) yesterday but I spot( brown discharge) only obvious when I wipe with a tissue. Is this normal? I got a progesterone shot yesterday and am to continue till week 12, but I still see little of it. Should I be worried?

Hello twogreatnations

Yes and no.

No; two types of bleeding are anticipated early in pregnancy. I) an implantation bleed ii) a decidual bleed.

Yes; it might be incipient shedding(menses) hence the hormonal support.

Whichever it is, you're already covered I.e (progesterone inj.) so time will tell.
Try as hard as possible to stay cool.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
kalfloxy:

God is ur strength my dear. Don't giv up. God has made u a joyful mother of children
u may consider changing ur diet, get supplements dat regulate hormones n support egg health like fertilaid, maca, Royal jelly, pollen, propolis, and a host of others. Also exercise n fertility massage u can find an expert or diy. Pls do ur research.....dont giv up

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scholag(f): 5:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Hi Doc.,
I'm back again, she has visited the gyn and checked via ultrasound scan, even underwent the d&e procedure again just to be sure nothing was left that is causing the bleeds. she called lastnight that she can't make work because she's still bleeding and having the pains.
Pls, save a life! What else can be done? Albeit, she's not anaemic.
thanks and Good morning!

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.