Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (881575 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Twogreatnations: 5:20am On Mar 07, 2016
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Twogreatnations: 5:26am On Mar 07, 2016
Please Doctor, what's the right dosage for the progesterone injection? Daily? Weekly? Thanks for sharing your time with us.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sannies(m): 7:01am On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello sannies

Fibroid increases the endometrial surface area hence longer/heavy bleeding.
You need to report this to your doctor so he can make a clinical diagnosis of your condition/ clinically significant fibroid.

Lets prioritise here, I believe the sub-fertility is a more pressing issue than the hypermenorrhoea right? If so, I recommend a hormonal profile next. Day 3 and 21.
Thanks doctor,
Pls can u explain dis using general terms i.e not medical terms.i don't understand most of it. Cos I don't know what an hormonal profile is. Pls explain better. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 8:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Good morning doc,
I write dis morning with pain in my heart cos I dunno wat else to do... I fink it's high time i take dis issue seriously smiley jez kidding but am kind of getting impatient.

I don't know y my circle length keep changing. My circle is usually 25days, my previous circle changed to 24 days which u said was normal so I thought my circle is now 24 days. On cd24 of d circle I jez completed now, I was expecting to see my period which didn't show and cd25 was like dat too. A part of me was happy thinking conception has occurred until I woke up dis morning and saw her ugly face(menses).
My question now is, what is causing changes in my circle?

I also want to know if I am OK internally cos I don't know wat is happening to me. I want u to tell me all d kinds of tests I need to run except HSG cos it's scary smiley and I don't fink I av blockage
I need to also know the kind of test my dh need to run too jez to be sure if both of us are free from anything delaying bfp... Dis is my 6th circle

I still av 2 applicators left and d pre-seed... CD wat shld I use it since I don't av up to 9 applicators again and can I soak d applicator with hot water in other to reuse?

What can I use to improve my CM cos it's not coming at all and pre-seed is quite expensive

I'm sorry for my long post
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2016
Rukkington:
Good morning doc,
I write dis morning with pain in my heart cos I dunno wat else to do... I fink it's high time i take dis issue seriously smiley jez kidding but am kind of getting impatient.

I don't know y my circle length keep changing. My circle is usually 25days, my previous circle changed to 24 days which u said was normal so I thought my circle is now 24 days. On cd24 of d circle I jez completed now, I was expecting to see my period which didn't show and cd25 was like dat too. A part of me was happy thinking conception has occurred until I woke up dis morning and saw her ugly face(menses).
My question now is, what is causing changes in my circle?

I also want to know if I am OK internally cos I don't know wat is happening to me. I want u to tell me all d kinds of tests I need to run except HSG cos it's scary smiley and I don't fink I av blockage
I need to also know the kind of test my dh need to run too jez to be sure if both of us are free from anything delaying bfp... Dis is my 6th circle

I still av 2 applicators left and d pre-seed... CD wat shld I use it since I don't av up to 9 applicators again and can I soak d applicator with hot water in other to reuse?

What can I use to improve my CM cos it's not coming at all and pre-seed is quite expensive

I'm sorry for my long post

try do hormonal profile test to b sure ur hormones are at optimal range. Its done on day 3 n 21 of ur cycle. Ask d lab more questions.
Also do ecs/mcs.....endocervical swab culture to rule out infection
ur hubby to do sfa/mcs....seminal fluid analysis n culture to check spe.rm count n infection

for egg white cervical mucus buy omega 369 supplements n take thru out ur cycle.
or
take grapefruit juice n epo (evening primrose oil) 1000 m.g twice a day from d day menses stop to just b4 ur ovulation

some supplements do regulate menstrual cycle e.g fertilaid for women, evergreen woman, m2tone. And use in addition to royal jelly, pollen, propolis n maca. Dey improve fertility.

eat more fruits n veggies , exercise n massage
PRAYER
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:49am On Mar 07, 2016
Twogreatnations:
Please Doctor, what's the right dosage for the progesterone injection? Daily? Weekly? Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Dosage; I don't think you should be privy to such information. Your doctor will most likely know it.
Usually 250mg alternate days for the first week.
Then, weekly till symptoms abate.
Note, dosage may be increase based on providers intuition.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:55am On Mar 07, 2016
sannies:

Thanks doctor,
Pls can u explain dis using general terms i.e not medical terms.i don't understand most of it. Cos I don't know what an hormonal profile is. Pls explain better. Thanks

Sorry about that. Hormonal profile is an analysis of the fertility hormone composition in the body.

Hypermenorrhoea- increase in menstruation duration.

Others, just get familiar with them.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamhistreasure: 11:00am On Mar 07, 2016
Good morning doctor,I was placed on primolut n for 10 days and I missed my dosage yest.please doc what do u advise I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2016
@ Rukkington

Lets not be dismayed, just yet. Firstly, I'll like you to observe this menses of yours. Colour, volume, duration.
While on that, follow through with DONATEE'S advice.
Although am not so comfortable with the supplements.

What I'd do for you is to takeout time and investigate them both in and out of the clinics.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:06am On Mar 07, 2016
iamhistreasure:
Good morning doctor,I was placed on primolut n for 10 days and I missed my dosage yest.please doc what do u advise I do?

Hello Iamhistreasure

Continue with the remaining prescription.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamhistreasure: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello Iamhistreasure
Continue with the remaining prescription.
ok doc, thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:
@ Rukkington
Lets not be dismayed, just yet. Firstly, I'll like you to observe this menses of yours. Colour, volume, duration.
What I'd do for you is to takeout time and investigate them both in and out of the clinics.

Thnx Doc
My menses last 3 to 4 days and sometimes, it stains my pant on d 5th day. it's a normal flow and sometimes I feel d quantity is below normal but someone tld me it's not something to be worried abt. it's a normal menstrual colour and der is blood clot in it too sometime
I will follow wat @Donatee said but wen shld I be expecting your reply on d supplement
Thnx once again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 11:49am On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:
@ Rukkington

Try read up on d supplements. Omega 369 r essential fatty acids epo too. No drugs replaces it. Alot is missing frm everyday diet wit chemical toxins floating here n der.
bee products r effective always. Even in surgical wound dressing in my centre here in naija.
so using supplements during watchful waiting aint bad at all
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 11:52am On Mar 07, 2016
Rukkington:

Thnx Doc
My menses last 3 to 4 days and sometimes, it stains my pant on d 5th day. it's a normal flow and sometimes I feel d quantity is below normal but someone tld me it's not something to be worried abt. it's a normal menstrual colour and der is blood clot in it too sometime
I will follow wat @Donatee said but wen shld I be expecting your reply on d supplement
Thnx once again.

Do ur research too. U may come across pple who use dem too.
i use dem n get desired effects.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2016
DonaTee:

try do hormonal profile test to b sure ur hormones are at optimal range. Its done on day 3 n 21 of ur cycle. Ask d lab more questions.
Also do ecs/mcs.....endocervical swab culture to rule out infection
ur hubby to do sfa/mcs....seminal fluid analysis n culture to check spe.rm count n infection
for egg white cervical mucus buy omega 369 supplements n take thru out ur cycle.
or
take grapefruit juice n epo (evening primrose oil) 1000 m.g twice a day from d day menses stop to just b4 ur ovulation
some supplements do regulate menstrual cycle e.g fertilaid for women, evergreen woman, m2tone. And use in addition to royal jelly, pollen, propolis n maca. Dey improve fertility.
eat more fruits n veggies , exercise n massage
PRAYER

Thnx dear for d suggestion
Do u av idea how much hormonal profile test, ECW and SFA test cost.
What kinds of fruit should I take cos some fruits makes veejay acidic during ovulation period.

Did u use all d supplements u stated before achieving bfp
I pray dis circle is diff from oda circles

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Rukkington:

Thnx dear for d suggestion
Do u av idea how much hormonal profile test, ECW and SFA test cost.
What kinds of fruit should I take cos some fruits makes veejay acidic during ovulation period.

Did u use all d supplements u stated before achieving bfp
I pray dis circle is diff from oda circles

Depends on d centre. Most govt hospital lab Hormonal profile is abt 12k -15k, endocervical swab culture 500-1200, Sfa mcs 1200-1500. Dis is an estimate

my regular supplements r omega, or evening primrose oil, propolis. I prefer omega cos u can use it thru out d month. Buh primrose u stop just b4 ur ovulation. I got a bfp on it.

Now im adding more supplements like maca n royal jelly. I need to boost egg quality.
Minus ttc its gud for overall health n skin health too

fruits n veggies generally r okay. Avoid d fattening ones n lime.
Lemon n grapefruit can b used b4 ovulation period.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Dr,pls help me interpte dis scan, its serial follicular monitoring scan. Done on cd 13, right ovarian follicle is 50mm,left ovarian follicle is 1,7,uterus is 37 mm AP, 37mm TS, 83 mm LS. Endometrium is ovaries L: 23*23*41 mm. Pls am TTC.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
DonaTee:

Try read up on d supplements. Omega 369 r essential fatty acids epo too. No drugs replaces it. Alot is missing frm everyday diet wit chemical toxins floating here n der.
bee products r effective always. Even in surgical wound dressing in my centre here in naija.
so using supplements during watchful waiting aint bad at all

Hello donatee

I feign we got off on the wrong foot. Honestly, no disrespect intended. I could get locked-in my conservative ways sometime. I could really use your help around here. All for one(not the band).

Supplements. I looked up the supplements and here are my findings.

Omega 3 and 6, I have no arguments with them, I am also a fan of LCPUFA. Their usefulness cannot be over emphasized.

Royal jelly,pollen, propolis. There are all bee extracts. Good vitamins and mineral content. No convincing study has been implemented in regards to fertility.

http://www.bioceuticals.co.uk/royal-jelly-fertility/

http://www.bee-pollen-buzz.com/royal-jelly-studies.html

Maca; what interested me the most was its antioxidant properties.

M2tone; Good drug from the makers of addyzoa. Read the JAYPEE JOURNAL report on double placebo to evaluate M2tone as an adjuvant treatment for artificial insemination. Increase in endometrial thickness, increase uterine artery blood flow, statistically insignificant increase in estradiol and progesterone.

Thing is, there are alot of supplements in the market today campaigned to be capable of doing more than their worth.

I was a sickle cell seminar some years back when the Professor Olu, founder sickle cell foundation, was debunking claims of unbelievable success stories surrounding the use of honey/related products in the management of sickle cell foot ulcer, instead he laid credence to a Ghana made concoction. Also, at an AGPMPN meeting, there was an impactful presentation on the benefits of glutathione, to my surprise very few were in the know and a larger amount were not willing to try.

In spite all these, I'll be willing to trust your own finding.

Do forgive my skepticism.
P.s. View the links above.
Cc-rukkington.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DonaTee(f): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello donatee

I feign we got off on the wrong foot. Honestly, no disrespect intended. I could get locked-in my conservative ways sometime. I could really use your help around here. All for one(not the band).

Supplements. I looked up the supplements and here are my findings.

Omega 3 and 6, I have no arguments with them, I am also a fan of LCPUFA. Their usefulness cannot be over emphasized.

Royal jelly,pollen, propolis. There are all bee extracts. Good vitamins and mineral content. No convincing study has been implemented in regards to fertility.

http://www.bioceuticals.co.uk/royal-jelly-fertility/

http://www.bee-pollen-buzz.com/royal-jelly-studies.html

Maca; what interested me the most was its antioxidant properties.

M2tone; Good drug from the makers of addyzoa. Read the JAYPEE JOURNAL report on double placebo to evaluate M2tone as an adjuvant treatment for artificial insemination. Increase in endometrial thickness, increase uterine artery blood flow, statistically insignificant increase in estradiol and progesterone.

Thing is, there are alot of supplements in the market today campaigned to be capable of doing more than their worth.

I was a sickle cell seminar some years back when the Professor Olu, founder sickle cell foundation, was debunking claims of unbelievable success stories surrounding the use of honey/related products in the management of sickle cell foot ulcer, instead he laid credence to a Ghana made concoction. Also, at an AGPMPN meeting, there was an impactful presentation on the benefits of glutathione, to my surprise very few were in the know and a larger amount were not willing to try.

In spite all these, I'll be willing to trust your own finding.

Do forgive my skepticism.
P.s. View the links above.
Cc-rukkington.

those r gud sites
antioxidants r important in fertility as u knw. Free radical damage is an important cause of poor egg health.
And these bee products av such property.

Also d immunomodulatory properties r important. Some women av antisperm antibodies dat attack sperm n witout tackling such issues fertility can b delayed

As u go on reading u may come across studies on fertility. Buh issues is dat orthodox medicine do not integrate such. Leaving such at d mercy of wholistic therapists.

Alot of real life reviews of Pple I knw who had success using bee products. So ders nothing to loose
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scholag(f): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
scholag:
Hi Doc.,
I'm back again, she has visited the gyn and checked via ultrasound scan, even underwent the d&e procedure again just to be sure nothing was left that is causing the bleeds. she called lastnight that she can't make work because she's still bleeding and having the pains.
Pls, save a life! What else can be done? Albeit, she's not anaemic.
thanks and Good morning!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
Orente21:
Dr,pls help me interpte dis scan, its serial follicular monitoring scan. Done on cd 13, right ovarian follicle is 50mm,left ovarian follicle is 1,7,uterus is 37 mm AP, 37mm TS, 83 mm LS. Endometrium is ovaries L: 23*23*41 mm. Pls am TTC.
any dr in d house?sum1 shud answer my question na?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
DonaTee:

those r gud sites
antioxidants r important in fertility as u knw. Free radical damage is an important cause of poor egg health.
And these bee products av such property.

Also d immunomodulatory properties r important. Some women av antisperm antibodies dat attack sperm n witout tackling such issues fertility can b delayed

As u go on reading u may come across studies on fertility. Buh issues is dat orthodox medicine do not integrate such. Leaving such at d mercy of wholistic therapists.

Alot of real life reviews of Pple I knw who had success using bee products. So ders nothing to loose

Your points are valid. What are the prices of these drugs? How readily available are they?

Kindly backtrack on rukkington consultations and let me know your opinion. Your angle on her issue will be appreciated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Orente21:
any dr in d house?sum1 shud answer my question na?

What do you mean by left ovarian follicle 1,7, typo?

Anyway, a follicle of 50mm on cd 13 isn't ideal.

Other factors are ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
[quote author=scholag post=43561388][/quote]

Tranexamic acid. She should inform her gynae so it can be administered.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 9:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

What do you mean by left ovarian follicle 1,7, typo?

Anyway, a follicle of 50mm on cd 13 isn't ideal.

Other factors are ok.
tnx doc. i guess dt wat was written cos its nt clear 2me either 41.7 or 1.7. Pls sir,does dt mean my ovulation is poor or wat any chances of conceiving dis month
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
Orente21:
tnx doc. i guess dt wat was written cos its nt clear 2me either 41.7 or 1.7. Pls sir,does dt mean my ovulation is poor or wat any chances of conceiving dis month

So sorry. Forgive my maths. Its ok. Everything is ok. Ovulation is sure.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

u made my mind jump out of my mouth. Tanx,really grateful.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

Your points are valid. What are the prices of these drugs? How readily available are they?
Kindly backtrack on rukkington consultations and let me know your opinion. Your angle on her issue will be appreciated.

Exactly d question I want to ask doc
d price of d supplement and it availability because I base in Ibadan
I also want to know d best time to do d hormonal profile test... Today is d beginning of my circle, shld I do d test on cd3 or cd21 as suggested by donatee

I av also done hsv test before which ruled out infection, is der need for me to do ecs test again

Thnx Doc for your quick response and d concern u av shown. I'm really grateful
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shithapuns: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
Baxilexi:

@doc,is 50mm not too big?.....i tot a normal folliclegets to abt 24mm, and may be abt 16mm on cd 13 for a 30 day cycle?
methinks 50mm is too big....cyst on my mind...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jaywon242(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
hello everyone....I stumbled on this page yesterday and am delighted I did cos of d opportunities that abound here. may God richly bless d doctors here...I really appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jaywon242(m): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
pls docs,my wife is pregnant after 3 months of trying and she's now abt 6 weeks pregnant. she gets tired easily and her heartbeat has increased since abt 2 weeks now. she now complains of food being like stuck in her throat after eating... she gets uncomfortable sometimes...she had to induce vomiting 2 nights to ease d discomfort... I guess it's constipation... what can we do

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.