Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878303 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by CheeryChy(f): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2017
UmmTwins2:
@ CheeryChy, i've got ur id, u can modify. Hw u doing this morning?

I'm fine. Thanks. Please send me a mail.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by UmmTwins2: 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
CheeryChy:

I'm fine. Thanks. Please send me a mail.
I did, yesterday. Check ur mail
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by CheeryChy(f): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
UmmTwins2:
I did, yesterday. Check ur mail

Yea... I replied immediately. Have you seen it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kannyluv(f): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Doctor in the house,pls explain this medical result for me... Specimen: blood,urine & HVS...BLOOD .INVESTIGATION MP....RESULT...Trophozoite of P.falciparum(+) seen......URINE....INVESTIGATION...Analysis,microscopy RESULT===appearance: yellow & clear.,PH:8.0,protein :Trace..,Epith.cellsad+),puscellsad0-2)/HPF....CULTURE RESULT===Moderate growth of staphylococus aureus.......HVS..INVESTIGATION Microscopy .RESULT===Epith.cellsad+++),pus cell:1-2/HPF..CULTURE RESULT=== moderate growth of Proteus specie....I await your reply. Thanks..also prescribe a drug 4 me please
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamud3: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Is there any drugs for endometroisis of the ovaries
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelszx: 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
kannyluv:
Doctor in the house,pls explain this medical result for me... Specimen: blood,urine & HVS...BLOOD .INVESTIGATION MP....RESULT...Trophozoite of P.falciparum(+) seen......URINE....INVESTIGATION...Analysis,microscopy RESULT===appearance: yellow & clear.,PH:8.0,protein :Trace..,Epith.cellsad+),puscellsad0-2)/HPF....CULTURE RESULT===Moderate growth of staphylococus aureus.......HVS..INVESTIGATION Microscopy .RESULT===Epith.cellsad+++),pus cell:1-2/HPF..CULTURE RESULT=== moderate growth of Proteus specie....I await your reply. Thanks..also prescribe a drug 4 me please
The drugs that would work for your case is still on the result sheet (different drugs for both infections that would conveniently work for your case) look for "sensitivity" on the sheet you will see + and R, show it to any doctor they'd prescribe for you.
Your case is like seeing money (N1m) and asking people to give you money (N100)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kannyluv(f): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
nelszx:

The drugs that would work for your case is still on the result sheet (different drugs for both infections that would conveniently work for your case) look for "sensitivity" on the sheet you will see + and R, show it to any doctor they'd prescribe for you.
Your case is like seeing money (N1m) and asking people to give you money (N100)
....you are right..the drugs are many should i just pick one or two. Secondly Explain the lab result to me....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelszx: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2017
kannyluv:
....you are right..the drugs are many should i just pick one or two. Secondly Explain the lab result to me....
If you check the same result, the + has grade there are some with 3+(+++), 2+(++) and +. If you don't have 3+ on any antibiotics, you should have 2+. The ones with the 3+, 2+ will completely eradicate/stop the bacteria. The (+) system just tells you which is strong enough.
Please don't pick one or two as you'd be abusing antibiotics and in the long run "NONE" might work for you again. Let the doctor pick for you.

The reason I said meet a doctor is this, if you take in some of those drugs, though it will heal you but in the long run expose the v*gina to further infections as nothing is protecting it any longer. The doctor might choose any antibiotic and a probiotic to help keep the place normal

To your result, the mp + maybe normal except you don't get bitten by mosquitoes and the parasites weren't quantified usually for mp +, the parasites in the system are usually low (though it can still cause some symptoms though - Talk to your doctor, he may need for correlate it with other clinical findings and should there be need, you may be placed on ACT or not)

For the urine, the result may be disregarded. A clear urine with PC 0-2 (insignificant) may not be responsible for UTI of any sort due to the "moderate growth of the Staphylococcus aureus". The Staphylococcus aureus may be contamination from you as either you didn't separate the labia (skin covering) before production or you allowed the urine touch your skin before you took the sample. The urine result is most likely a contaminant from you (your body) as Staph is usually a normal flora though on some occasions it may be pathogenic (though facts must be established for this).

The one to worry about is the HVS, something is making Proteus thrive so its presence. Though it's still colonising the place. It'd also depend on your wiping system; if you wipe from back to front you may have introduced it in yourself unknowingly as it is a normal intestinal bacteria. But nothing to worry about I believe it would be sensitive to some drugs and it would be properly dealt with.

Show this result to any doctor, he'd prescribe the antibiotics that would not be harmful to you and your system. Only those in the medical fraternity understands your result and please don't take any prescription from NL (love your life).

Good morning
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kannyluv(f): 8:34am On Mar 31, 2017
nelszx:

If you check the same result, the + has grade there are some with 3+(+++), 2+(++) and +. If you don't have 3+ on any antibiotics, you should have 2+. The ones with the 3+, 2+ will completely eradicate/stop the bacteria. The (+) system just tells you which is strong enough.
Please don't pick one or two as you'd be abusing antibiotics and in the long run "NONE" might work for you again. Let the doctor pick for you.

The reason I said meet a doctor is this, if you take in some of those drugs, though it will heal you but in the long run expose the v*gina to further infections as nothing is protecting it any longer. The doctor might choose any antibiotic and a probiotic to help keep the place normal

To your result, the mp + maybe normal except you don't get bitten by mosquitoes and the parasites weren't quantified usually for mp +, the parasites in the system are usually low (though it can still cause some symptoms though - Talk to your doctor, he may need for correlate it with other clinical findings and should there be need, you may be placed on ACT or not)

For the urine, the result may be disregarded. A clear urine with PC 0-2 (insignificant) may not be responsible for UTI of any sort due to the "moderate growth of the Staphylococcus aureus". The Staphylococcus aureus may be contamination from you as either you didn't separate the labia (skin covering) before production or you allowed the urine touch your skin before you took the sample. The urine result is most likely a contaminant from you (your body) as Staph is usually a normal flora though on some occasions it may be pathogenic (though facts must be established for this).

The one to worry about is the HVS, something is making Proteus thrive so its presence. Though it's still colonising the place. It'd also depend on your wiping system; if you wipe from back to front you may have introduced it in yourself unknowingly as it is a normal intestinal bacteria. But nothing to worry about I believe it would be sensitive to some drugs and it would be properly dealt with.

Show this result to any doctor, he'd prescribe the antibiotics that would not be harmful to you and your system. Only those in the medical fraternity understands your result and please don't take any prescription from NL (love your life).

Good morning
. More grace to you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelszx: 8:55am On Mar 31, 2017
kannyluv:
. More grace to you.
You are most welcome ma
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TCMBSERVICES: 12:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Dear Doctors,

TCMB Professional Services Ltd was set up to offer Quality professional services in the areas of medical billing, claims payment reconciliation, debt recovery, Bills submission, Hospital operations management, staff training for hospitals; internal audit, taxation consultancy services, accountancy services, management advisory and leadership training services.

Kindly contact us on: info@tcmbgroup.com or visit our website on www.tcmbgroup.com for more information
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MhizTemmy(f): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2017
Doctors in the house I seriously commend ur effort, good job u r doing here. pls I wnt to know the causes of smelly vagina discharge and its solution.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lizlazy(f): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2017
Gooday doc.I really commend your effort on dis group.God wl continue to bless u wit wisdom.Doc,am 42 nd hv been finding it hard to conceive.my periods hv bin so irregular.in in feb I hd 28days cycle ,march 32 days.Pls doc wat can I do as age is nt on my side.thanks as I await your response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelszx: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
MhizTemmy:
Doctors in the house I seriously commend ur effort, good job u r doing here. pls I wnt to know the causes of smelly vagina discharge and its solution.
Thanks
How smelly? Like rotten fish? or Eba-like smell?
Has the discharge any colour?
From the smell one can know what to nail it on but most likely it's bacterial vaginosis (depending on the smell) or a parasitic problem
The solution is to go to a hospital and get the cause of the smelly discharge and most likely an antibiotic that is specific for your case would be administered.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by anitank(f): 11:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
lizlazy:
Gooday doc.I really commend your effort on dis group.God wl continue to bless u wit wisdom.Doc,am 42 nd hv been finding it hard to conceive.my periods hv bin so irregular.in in feb I hd 28days cycle ,march 32 days.Pls doc wat can I do as age is nt on my side.thanks as I await your response

Sweetheart find yourself a good fertility clinic and register. Or start by seeing a gynecologist. He or she would recommend you do a day3 and day21 hormone profile tests and pelvic scans and then take it up from there.

In the meantime you can start by taking prenatal supplements which contain several vitamins that work to prepare your body suitable for a new baby. Go to any trusted pharmacy they'd have lots of varieties to choose from. If you can afford fertilaid and ovaboost, start taking them as they help regulate cycles and improve your egg quality respectively. However there are many alternatives that are more affordable. Try to loose some weight if you're on the big side. Cut down on sugar, alcohol, and carbs. Quit smoking if you do. Eat a balanced diet with lots of veggies and fruits. Drink plenty of water. Within a month or two you'd definitely notice remarkable changes in your body and hopefully get your BFP.

Don't forget to persuade your husband/partner to go for seminal fluid analysis to check his swimmers, just to rule out any issues on his side. Finally, I do believe in the power of prayers.

Best of luck to you and I hope to hear good news from you soon smiley

PS: I am not a Doctor. I was just moved by your question knowing the doctors here may not answer you swiftly. Just sharing the basic knowledge that I have from research. God bless you and the little one on the way.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rita4(f): 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello everyone i have a phone for sale
Samsung galaxy j7 prime
It 100k but u can negotiate d prize
16gb internal memory
Fingerprint
33000amph built in battery
13mp front camera and 8mp front camera

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joyfulmama: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2017
Good morning experienced mama in the house, May God grant us our hearts desires IJN. I had blighted ovum and did evacuation on 3rd of this month but up till now I'm yet to see my period. please is this normal and when is it likely to come? when can I TTC again?
Please experience mamas should come to my aid because it seems doctors are not answering on this thread again.
God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Emdee590(m): 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
Why doctors are no replying to questions here again na
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vinotinto5: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2017
Have you come across the BEST HEALTH SITE in Nigeria? https://naturesgist.com/ . They are certainly the best to me. I came across it via Google and I got the information I needed. I used that opportunity to go through some of their articles, and I saw that they are all unique, comprehensive and amazing. These are kinds of sites I love. If the owners are reading this now, Please I will say GOOD STUFF!!!!! You guys make us proud...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by b3llo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
MhizTemmy:
Thanks
improper hygiene and insertion of foreign body or some physiological disorder.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ganibae: 11:02am On May 09, 2017
Good am everyone, glad to be part of d forum.
Please have nt bn able to conceive for sometime now, done hsg both tubes are fine, hormonal assay result Fsh : 4.23, lh : 4.89,prol: 16.3, (day21) progesterone : 11.4,
pelvic scan showed a 1.98mm cyst on the left ovary , I menstruate regularly BTW 25-30 days cycle. Doc said am not ovulating, pls how true is this, I need a second opinion and what can I use to help my situation.

Hubby's count 25mil/ml, motility active 55%,immotile 40%,sluggish 5%, morphology 80% normal.
Please help me out
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olasmith10(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2017
will appreciate if anyone can help about where to get ERTAPENEM injection in Lagos..av tried alpha pharma. boluke, healthplux etc...pls call 08168529179 if u have any idea..thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by blessingthanks: 11:12pm On May 15, 2017
Call09065688473
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lekpalized: 2:40pm On May 18, 2017
Good day Doctors, well done, I just stumbled on this thread,

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 19, 2017
Lekpalized:
Good day Doctors, well done, I just stumbled on this thread,

I spotted last month from the day of my ovulation till the next 5 days. Now this month i spotted on 7th may the day of my ovulation and i have been spotting since that day till today it is very light spotting and on and off.

Please I need advice as my doctor says it may be my hormones stabilizing, I am currently ttcing and on Ovacare drugs.

Madam,you may have to see a doctor in a case of spotting in between cycle lasting more than one week. Some uterine bleeding are link to no special cause while others are. Did you start experiencing this spotting on using any drugs or health related substances? Do you experience any symptom apart from this bleeding? If your doctor had a suspicion of dwindling of your reproductive hormone,did he advise on your doing a hormone profiling? Does this spotting get worse after coitus or urination?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 19, 2017
ganibae:
Good am everyone, glad to be part of d forum.
Please have nt bn able to conceive for sometime now, done hsg both tubes are fine, hormonal assay result Fsh : 4.23, lh : 4.89,prol: 16.3, (day21) progesterone : 11.4,
pelvic scan showed a 1.98mm cyst on the left ovary , I menstruate regularly BTW 25-30 days cycle. Doc said am not ovulating, pls how true is this, I need a second opinion and what can I use to help my situation.

Hubby's count 25mil/ml, motility active 55%,immotile 40%,sluggish 5%, morphology 80% normal.
Please help me out

Madam regarding your profiling, it is expected you write the unit supposedly attached to those numbers,better still put a screenshot down for us.

As to the one below yours,the semen analysis is okay but it is a normal recommendation to have another done in affirmation to this one if at all this was the first.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 19, 2017
mamud3:
Is there any drugs for endometroisis of the ovaries

Why seek a drug for Endometriosis of the ovary?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lekpalized: 11:46am On May 20, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=56682065]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 20, 2017
Lekpalized:

Thank you for responding, I am TTC, it happened last month tho lasted for 5days, the doctor has checked my hormonal profile and it had a record of low progesterone, he placed me on ovacare since January, I told him about the spotting and he said I shouldn't worry that my body may be adjusting. It is not after sex or urination and it's not regular, I could see it in the morning or in the evening no major pattern and very light cramping that. No other symptoms apart from this

Good day madam, was any pelvic scan done to suspect polycystic ovarian disease?
Much as I can't explain in a gross sense what may be wrong I would advice you stick to your doctor's approach in assisting you. However,in a way to monitor this spotting if at all it is routing from the Ovacare use I will advice you use it in a pulsatile interval than in a normal continuity as directed.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fumbaby: 3:42pm On May 20, 2017
Hi Dr, kindly help me to interpret this widal test result

S.typhi 1:80 1:80

S.paratyphi 1:70 1:70

A 1:70. 1:70

B 1:70 1:70
C 1:70 1:70

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 20, 2017
Fumbaby:
Hi Dr, kindly help me to interpret this widal test result

S.typhi 1:80 1:80

S.paratyphi 1:70 1:70

A 1:70. 1:70

B 1:70 1:70

C 1:70 1:70

Thanks

Good evening madam,practically a widal test is assumed positive if titer is > 1:160 for either O or H S.typhi. This may point to the fact that your health related problem that led to running this test might not be attached to S typhi disturbances.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sysengr(f): 11:08pm On May 20, 2017
Pls doctor, I sometimes feel movement in my belly so obvious that is points outward.scan sees nothing.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.