Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878997 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hardeyore: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
Good evening Doctor. I'm new to this thread. I noticed this smelly discharge after my period ended, went for a swab test and got this results back.

CULTURE YEILED MIXED GROWTH OF CANDIDA ALBICAN +PROTEUS MIRABILIS.SENSITIVE ._AUGUMENTIN #/PEFLOXACIN# /NTF +,RES OTHERS.MICROSCOPY PUS CELL=0_1,EPITHELIA=#,YEAST~#

The issue I have now is I'm not sure what's wrong with me and if I'm on the right drugs. I'm using pefloxacin oral tablets and miconazole/clindamycin insert pills.

I'll really appreciate an insight on this.
Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hardeyore:
Good evening Doctor. I'm new to this thread. I noticed this smelly discharge after my period ended, went for a swab test and got this results back.

CULTURE YEILED MIXED GROWTH OF CANDIDA ALBICAN +PROTEUS MIRABILIS.SENSITIVE ._AUGUMENTIN #/PEFLOXACIN# /NTF +,RES OTHERS.MICROSCOPY PUS CELL=0_1,EPITHELIA=#,YEAST~#

The issue I have now is I'm not sure what's wrong with me and if I'm on the right drugs. I'm using pefloxacin oral tablets and miconazole/clindamycin insert pills.

I'll really appreciate an insight on this.
Thank you.

Alright. Relax. It is probably a case of infection resulting from a mix colony of a fungus and a bacterium. Yes! Those drugs are okay. With the best of 4days,everything will be alright.

Anymore worries?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hardeyore: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
LuckyG1:

Alright. Relax. It is probably a case of infection resulting from a mix colony of a fungus and a bacterium. Yes! Those drugs are okay. With the best of 4days,everything will be alright.

Anymore worries?

No. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
LuckyG1:

I am. Life ain't fair but it is better living than being dead. Gather yourself together every pieces of you is expected to win. Though I am short of words right now to say,I will best appreciate that you give a smile to whatever the problem may be in your life right now. Just keep fighting,never give up!

Thanks for encouraging me. I will continue fighting and will never give up until I see light at the end of the tunnel in Jesus name Amen. Only me fighting hydrosalpinx, fibroid, low progesterone . It's well with me ooo. I will chat you one of these days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
Azaebere:

Thanks for encouraging me. I will continue fighting and will never give up until I see light at the end of the tunnel in Jesus name Amen. Only me fighting hydrosalpinx, fibroid, low progesterone . It's well with me ooo. I will chat you one of these days.

These are not too serious except for their recurrences after one must have done one with lots gone down. With special TCS and antibiotics, hydrosalpinx will be a thing of the past. But this requires money. Fibroid removal not really a big thing. As for the low progesterone, that is not also a big problem.

I would advice you see positive in your reproductive health, as most of the things you see as problems aren't except for either the money to tackle them or the energy to.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nomzylycious,what is happening from your side. Discuss it with the mods.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temmie20(f): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
Good evening doc

My period is 10 days late...did HPT yesterday but negative. Should I wait a few more days before having another test?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 05, 2018
temmie20:
Good evening doc

My period is 10 days late...did HPT yesterday but negative. Should I wait a few more days before having another test?

Yes. At least another 4-7days. Ensure to follow direction of use as provided on leaflet or sheet.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2018
Happy Sunday to everyone...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
LuckyG1:
Happy Sunday to everyone...

Happy Sunday LuckyG.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
Azaebere:

Happy Sunday LuckyG.

After learning new vocabs from our director of English studies, Ekasiloh and a serious prayer to comprehend by Orney,finally it has done on me that I need to swallow something to finally end this fasting...

uh! uh! ...where is my Sunday rice,madam?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
LuckyG1:

After learning new vocabs from our director of English studies, Ekasiloh and a serious prayer to comprehend by Orney,finally it has done on me that I need to swallow something to finally end this fasting...

uh! uh! ...where is my Sunday rice,madam?

Dr LuckyG1, check your whatsapp you will see it. Chat with you at the corner
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NobleEngineer(m): 7:19am On Apr 09, 2018
Hi doc, pls I want to ask if ejaculating a yellowish semen all the time is really an health issue. No pains at all during ejaculation or urinating.
I've never had unprotected sex, so therefore I dont have any STD or have any health issue at the moment. I'm completely fine. As a matter of fact, I've not gone to the hospital for like 4years now but it baffles me that...I mean each time I ejaculate, the semen appears yellowish. I've done some google search and I read a normal semen has a white or grey color.
Docs in the house pls help my solution.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
NobleEngineer:
Hi doc, pls I want to ask if ejaculating a yellowish semen all the time is really an health issue. No pains at all during ejaculation or urinating.
I've never had unprotected sex, so therefore I dont have any STD or have any health issue at the moment. I'm completely fine. As a matter of fact, I've not gone to the hospital for like 4years now but it baffles me that...I mean each time I ejaculate, the semen appears yellowish. I've done some google search and I read a normal semen has a white or grey color.
Docs in the house pls help my solution.

You have been replied through this link
https://www.nairaland.com/4368029/thread-male-reproduction-urinary-system/2#66561569
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julianah42: 7:08am On Apr 11, 2018
Good morning doctor, I had IUD on some years ago. I later went back for removal but not sure if it was removed. So, I went for pelvic scan test recently to check if it is still there but it was another result that was given.
Can pelvic scan shows the presence of IUD insertion?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2018
Julianah42:
Good morning doctor, I had IUD on some years ago. I later went back for removal but not sure if it was removed. So, I went for pelvic scan test recently to check if it is still there but it was another result that was given.
Can pelvic scan shows the presence of IUD insertion?

Before doing the first,did you tell them to check for the device IUD though they should somehow discriminate...

Yes,it can.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Good morning friends!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by symmetric: 6:54am On Apr 12, 2018
SHEA BUTTER & COCONUT OIL MIX FOR SKIN & HAIR INFECTIONS

OUR UNREFINED GHANA SHEA BUTTER & COCONUT OIL TREATS;

* STRETCH MARKS
* WRINKLES
* RASHES & DANDRUFF

CONTACT
SYMMETRIC NATURAL PRODUCTS
08139458588, 08053408939

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by leeking(m): 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
Greetings doc.
I'm seeing some reactions on my private part (at first I thought it was boil,before it started spreading and getting bigger). I went for medical consultation sand the doctor confirmed to me it's genital warts and I should do RVS test (which I did,it's NEG). He prescribed Podophyllin ointment for me to apply but I couldn't get it due to its scarcity here,so I later settled for PODOTOBIC CREAM. Actually the cream's working,the itching didn't stop still but anytime I stop using it,the warts will start growing again and I noticed I feel pain when I'm urinating now. Someone told me to be drinking Apple cider vinegar to kill the infection inside or what other antibiotics do you think I should take orally?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jossyroyal1: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
Are you a Doctor or other health worker?
Do keep our contact handy and you can also chat with us now.

We specialize in providing emergency Air/Ground ambulance services to any part of the country and across.

We also provide afterlife services

Check my signature for contacts
Kind regards

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by malkat: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2018
good day doc,pls at what g.a can d foetal heatbeat be detected by ultrasound
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:06am On Apr 23, 2018
Good morning all and to my friends,here and abroad.

Let's keep this thread twerking as it used to be...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:11am On Apr 23, 2018
malkat:
good day doc,pls at what g.a can d foetal heatbeat be detected by ultrasound

Good morning, Malkat.

Fetal heartbeat is detectable atleast 6weeks of pregnancy age.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2018
leeking:
Greetings doc.
I'm seeing some reactions on my private part (at first I thought it was boil,before it started spreading and getting bigger). I went for medical consultation sand the doctor confirmed to me it's genital warts and I should do RVS test (which I did,it's NEG). He prescribed Podophyllin ointment for me to apply but I couldn't get it due to its scarcity here,so I later settled for PODOTOBIC CREAM. Actually the cream's working,the itching didn't stop still but anytime I stop using it,the warts will start growing again and I noticed I feel pain when I'm urinating now. Someone told me to be drinking Apple cider vinegar to kill the infection inside or what other antibiotics do you think I should take orally?

Good morning Leek.

While the apple cider vinegar may be term useful but it is necessary to have a culture done to know of the causative agent(s) behind it. This is to avoid treatment on prediction as doing so may worsened your urine passing discomfort in the long run,this is because the apple cider vinegar may only cause a stasis to the growth of the causative agent(bacteria concern) and not a final extermination.

Meet with a medical laboratory scientist to have your urethral swab. Follow sensitivity as written. In addition to that,you may need discuss this discomfort with a doctor,and examination of your prostate gland may be necessary since you have come with an anogenital wart.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2018
Good morning all. Please note that my consultation service is still sustained... It is cheap reliable.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mofolam: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
Good afternoon. Pls some info will be greatly appreciated. I am 28yrs old and TTC for a 8months out of worry I had a scan and blood test done. It shows fluid in POD and it bothers me. But the gynecologist( at a govt hospital in Lagos ) said I don’t have anything to worry about. Should I get a second opinion or are govt hospital competent enough? This is the detailed result I got

1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mofolam:
Good afternoon. Pls some info will be greatly appreciated. I am 28yrs old and TTC for a 8months out of worry I had a scan and blood test done. It shows fluid in POD and it bothers me. But the gynecologist( at a govt hospital in Lagos ) said I don’t have anything to worry about. Should I get a second opinion or are govt hospital competent enough? This is the detailed result I got

You need not have to worry about the fluid sacculation in the Pouch of Douglas(POD). It will dry up in no time provided that the upper reproductive organs of yours ain't seriously inflamed,or ascites of the abdomen is not observed. Apart from that,every other thing concerned with the pelvic ultrasonography is okay.

Let me re-address this result properly for you..

LH is normal overly low even for day3
FSH is normal overly low even for day3
Progesterone is poor for a luteal phase
Estradiol is poor for day 3
Prolactin is okay.

With such a profile,don't even bear in mind to experience ovulation. With a look at this piece,you are likely having problems with Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism(HH)

It is a case where levels of LH and FSH is produced in minute quantity by the brain and so not enough to cause a stimulation of the ovaries. Due to lack of sensitivities from these hormones, the ovaries themselves will not produce enough estrogen and progesterone to sustain a normal reproductive cycle.This will result to no menstruation and then no reproduction on the side of the female.

A result as this shouldn't be overlooked but must be confirmed by doing another profiling. If the second confirmed it,then you need a serious attention from a well experienced gynaecologist.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
See me later when you have done with a confirmatory hormone profile. I am interested in your case.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mofolam: 2:06am On Apr 28, 2018
Ok. Thank u so much. What u are saying is that I need to get another blood test done right? Also on what day of cycle is best to have the test?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:14am On Apr 28, 2018
Mofolam:
Ok. Thank u so much. What u are saying is that I need to get another blood test done right? Also on what day of cycle is best to have the test?

So,you did understand what I wrote formerly?
Which days did you do the former ones?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mofolam: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2018
I did it on day 4 (just after my period) . What I understood from ur response is that odds of ovulating are against me.... also I forgot to add that my period is very regular

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.