Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880474 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Afribiz(f): 11:31am On May 18, 2009
Good day Dr Kathy,
You're indeed one in a million. Bringing out time and energy attending to people's problems without asking for a dime in return, simply shows how caring and selfless you are.

May the grace of God be sufficient for you. As you carry the burden of others upon your shoulders, so shall God grant your heart desires, He'll supply all your need according to His riches in glory, and you'll lack no good thing in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shadegirl: 12:24pm On May 18, 2009
@ Doc Kath
It can be done. I would see another gynecologist. Word of caution, it can be very bloody surgery and the shape of the vulva changes with age and childbirth.

Thanks so much for ur response.

Honestly, i would suggest she trim it off as she has lost two relationships because of her condition. Her last fiance complained he might get infected if he continues with her.

for how long do u think it can get healed after the surgery ( d last operation was carried out March 2007)

She will be most greatfull if u can help and thanks in advance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Arabambi1: 1:32pm On May 18, 2009
@arabambi1
The first day of the menstruation counts as day one. Ovulation occurs 14 days before the onset of menses. If you know the first day of your wife's last three menses, I might be able to calculate her ovulation date. Unfortunately, not all women will know when they ovulate and your wife may be one of those. If she feels comfortable, there are signs of changes in the cervical mucus that occur around ovulation. How old is your wife?
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Hello Dr.
March & April were around 25th, cant recollect that of Feb until I get across to her. Did you say 14 days before & not after 'cos i used to believed it's 14 days starting from the day she ends her menses. She will be 28 later this year
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 1:53pm On May 18, 2009
Dear Doc Katty,

Compliments of the season! May God in His Glory bless you and your family. May He reward you abundantly for all you selfless work and advice to mankind with open and cheerful heart and without collecting penny. Informations some doctors charged thousands to give out. You're a blessing to mothers at large. May you live long in Jesus Name, Amen.

Doc, please i want to ask you to know when am likely to ovulate this month. My three months period was on:

March 9th
April 12th
and May 9th. When am i likely to ovulate or better still, my fertility dates or days.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Remain blessed,

EVY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 4:31pm On May 18, 2009
Hi doc,

Thanks for the reply. much appreciated.
my hubby thinks i could be extreme atimes, but i want everything to be ok this time around, as we went thru stuff b4 i got preganant , ( i even went to the GP - this morning for urine test cos wanted to be sure i was ok as my urine was a bit green yday, )

In regards to the crp test, you are right. i am the person who always turn up at the hospital demanding the test, and i get my way cos i kinda remind them with past experience.

i will chill out and look unto God.
will keep you updated.

Regards

kathyekiti:

@ant01
I don't think you need additional vitamin C and no, the babies are not going to get scurvy if you don't take vitamin c. I think you are a candidate for hydroxyprogesterone and the CRP testing I believe, is overkill because it is non specific. However, if it gives a sense of reassurance, aleuta continua. It is NOT standard of care. Good luck and keep me posted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uzwu: 9:51pm On May 18, 2009
Thanks Doctor for your reply. May the Almighty Lord continues to bless you, Amen.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 2:13pm On May 19, 2009
Thanks for your advice

l starting trying again, when l felt a sign of ovulation about 8 to 12 days after the miscarriage, after some days, l started spotting red only when l wipe, so l had to suspended baby dance, the spotting lasted for about 2 to 3 days. So yesternight, l baby danced, and behold l am spotting red again today only when l wipe too. Doctor pls what could be responsible for this, l hv never had this exp before. ls it as a result of the mc or am l possibly pg again? l cant even test for now, it too early to show. l hv decided not to baby dance until further notice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 5:15pm On May 19, 2009
hello katty ,

thank God i finally saw my period on the 10th May, 2009. I suspect the period regulated it self. i assumed the last one of March 24th 2009 was the actually period but the light flow that i saw on the 10th of April was equally my period. counting my usual 30 MC it fall between the 10th of May, 2009.
please when am i likely to ovulate using my usual 30 MC.

thanks in advance katty for your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 9:14am On May 20, 2009
Hello Doctor, how are u doing? hope fine.
Please i went to the hospital for the test u ask me to do, but the doctor did not know what to do, please i want to know doctors that are specialized on that particular earea, I mean the scanty Period.
And secondl, I always get pain below my abdomin after urinating.
What could be the cause? is it because I always held it back for too long or is it infection ? pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beekie(f): 7:06pm On May 20, 2009
@ant
She doesn't have to be on bed rest and she should get cervical length u/s every two weeks

Dear Dr Kathy,

Been reading past posts to see anything,i mean anything at all similar to what happened to my preg of 20wks.and i did find one which was 22wks with sudden burst of the membrane and all.above is a response u gave in one of your replies.Cervical lenght u/s?does that u/s mean ultra sound?

To be honest with you,i know i should dwelling more on the solution rather than the problem. But how do i know the solution when i dont seem to know the problem? I saw another Dr yesterday in another clinic and he said he would not conclude on saying i had a weakness of the Cervix because of how the miccarriage occured. He said a miscarriage would be more sudden with the condition rather than the process of going into labour that happened in my case.But that if i felt okay with the Cerclage all well and good which of course i will certainly go for to be on the safe side. And again he's running all sorts of tests to eliminate infections,High Bp and the rest.

My fear again is this issue of infections after the cerclage has been put into place.Is there anything that can be done or given to avoid such infections?it used to be fear of Labour,now have seen that.i think anyone can bear it if one looks at the outcome but now it's fear of getting preg and a reoccurence!

Thanks so much4 ur much anticipated response and time!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 10:22pm On May 20, 2009
ant01:

Hi doc,

Thanks for the reply. much appreciated.
my hubby thinks i could be extreme atimes, but i want everything to be ok this time around, as we went thru stuff b4 i got preganant , ( i even went to the GP - this morning for urine test cos wanted to be sure i was ok as my urine was a bit green yday, )

In regards to the crp test, you are right. i am the person who always turn up at the hospital demanding the test, and i get my way cos i kinda remind them with past experience.

i will chill out and look unto God.
will keep you updated.

Regards

kathyekiti:

@ant01
I don't think you need additional vitamin C and no, the babies are not going to get scurvy if you don't take vitamin c. I think you are a candidate for hydroxyprogesterone and the CRP testing I believe, is overkill because it is non specific. However, if it gives a sense of reassurance, aleuta continua. It is NOT standard of care. Good luck and keep me posted

Hi doc,

Just to update you, i had cervical scan today and all appears okay. smiley

my cervix is measuring 30 mm/cm (not sure which metric) in total.
20 above the stitch and 10 below the stitch,

Like you said crp tet was an overkill , hence wasn't given one today , she was surprised i was given the other crp tests,
She took some swaps to be on the safe side.

I couldn't see the consultant he knows me too well and had to dash for a meeting grin, but i discussed with the ldoc who looked at the cervix on the drug 17 hydroyxprogeterone, she said the cyclogest pessaries 400 mg which i take daily serves the same purpose as the injection you recomended.

If you feel the injection is more effective i can speak to my consultant about it, do you think they serve the same purpose?

I have an ultrasound next week, can't wait!
Thanks a mil.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:13am On May 22, 2009
@shadegirl
It is person dependent. Good luck

@arambambi
It is 14days before the menses not from the menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:15am On May 22, 2009
@evangelin
Ovulation occurs 14days prior to onset of menses. Good luck

@ant01
I agree. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:17am On May 22, 2009
@mypeace
I think you should go to your gyn for a check

@jody
Ovulation occurs 14days before menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:22am On May 22, 2009
@ammamat
unfortunately, I don't have any Nigerian doctors to recommend. Research and ask your friends. The pain is because you are holding the urine too long. Not a good idea as it increases the risk of infections

@beekie
I think a cerclage is a good idea. Yes cervical incompetence is painless dilatation but the dilatation can expose the membranes to bacteria in the vagina which can trigger preterm labor. I also advice the use of 17 hydroxyprogesterone. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:24am On May 22, 2009
@ant01
I think you are doing great!! The pessaries are just fine. Keep me posted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 8:46am On May 22, 2009
kathyekiti:

@mypeace
I think you should go to your gyn for a check

Thank you for ur time. l have seen my gyn, and he did a scan. this is the findings

. The uterus is of normal size and shape and the cavity is empty
. the ovaries, tubes and the adnexal structures appear normal'
. the POD is free of fluid
.There is no abnormal shadow in the right iliac fossa.

My gyn said l should just ignore it as long as the scan findings are good. but am still spotting. l am suspecting a chemical pregancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:26am On May 22, 2009
hello doctor,

Pls am still waiting for my reply sir and some days to my period my nipples are pains me alot dat i find it diffcult to wear bra but immediately i start mesrating it stop but during dat time is had sex hope it means no harm.

Pls tell me when am to av sex i start my period on 18th of may -22nd of may pls when is my ovlation day and is it 1day or five days as in the ovlation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 3:04pm On May 22, 2009
Doc, Since today, the spotting has changed to a kind of normal period but with clots. l have always have a long cycle of avarage of 34 days. In this case, the light spotting start on day 21 till now day 23, for what l see now, l can call it real period though it doesnt smell so, and it pure red than my normal period color. Do you think the D&C as a result of the miscarriage could cause a change in my cycle or do you suspect another miscarriage (chemical preganacy) as am thinking? Cuz it started right after we baby danced. l felt we disturbed it before it implanted. Pls what advice do you have for me in case of next time. cry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by igbalajobi: 2:54pm On May 23, 2009
I am among those that have not been able to effectively calculate their ovulation period. I have been married for 2½ years without any fruit of the wmb
I have my February menstruation on 25th, march on 25th & April on 22nd. Each of these was normally for 5 days. But I saw my menses again on Monday may 18th and slightly on 19th but had not seen it since the. I have sex with my husband on Sunday may 17th. Can I be pregnant?
A week before that I had some pain on the lower part of my abdomen and I went to the clinic but after taking my blood sample for test, the Dr says she didn’t see any sign of pregnancy & gave me some drugs but also referred me to do a scan.

Can you advise based on this
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hentee: 5:02pm On May 23, 2009
Is it possible that a woman may not be ovulating? if yes, can u tell me the causes and how it can be prevented?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by curioscat: 11:45pm On May 23, 2009
hi doctor kathy,pls enlighten me further,i tried having sex with my boyfriend for the first time(was a virgin@26)it was so bloody and painful. the second time i tried it with him(about a month later) i didnt allow him to penetrate further cos i was still uncomfortable and there was still bloodshed but not as much as before. is this normal or should i be concerned? i havent allowed him to touch me since then.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 24, 2009
Kathy, I'm not sure if this is around your speacialty, but I'd give it a try.
I've been facing, weight loss, lost of appetite, and fatigue.
Some months back, I seems to notice that my clothes are becoming looser.
I measured my wrist with my thumb and pinky to see if it had gotten skinnier. And it has.
I'm not sure if my body homeostasis is being disrupted or maybe its my paranoia.

Is there something I should be worried about?
[s]Ehrrm, I seriously don't want to lose any more weight lipsrsealed[/s]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 9:44am On May 26, 2009
Dear doc, here is my story! My LMPwas 13/04/2009. On the second day my doc placed me on clomid for 5days and timed my intercourse. It did work, on 16 may i took a home test which came out +ve. but on the 18th i started spoting(dirty brown) but no cramps. I had a blood test at my doc's and it was +ve. I have bn placed on progesterone supplement(duphaston and primolut inj. weekly) my u/s result showed dat my endometrial plate was thickened,my uterus enlarged but no sac seen yet. My concern is that i spotted for abt 5days though not heavy. What do you think pls? Thank you for your kindness.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uchebuakpa: 12:45pm On May 28, 2009
Dr. thank you for your Godly advice to us.

I have been married for 3 years now but no issue yet.  I went to check my sperm count and below is the result. Kingly explain the meaning and give your advice.

SFA MCS
Time produced 2.00pm
Time received 2.05pm
Time examined 2.10pm

Volume 0.5mls
ph    -  Alkaline
Consistency  - Watery
Transperency - Opaque
Colour      -     Cremy white

MOBILITY
Active       20%
Slugish      30%
Dead        50%

Morphology
Normal      - 45%
abonormal   - 55%

Counts  - 30 x 106/nk

PUS CELLS - 2-4/hpf
RBCS - NIL
E CELLS - NIL

CULTURE
Yeilded growth of staph aureus

Thank you and Godbless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:54pm On May 28, 2009
@ mypeace
I don't think you had a miscarriage. I think your cycle changed because of the D&C.

@oluwawunmi
It is normal for you to have breast tenderness before your period. Once again, you ovulate ~ 14 days before the start of menses. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:00pm On May 28, 2009
@igbalajobi
did you have sex with your husband before the 17th?

@hentee
Yes a woman may not ovulate. There are several causes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:01pm On May 28, 2009
@curios cat
This is normal. You might want to use a lubricant. I would also suggest that you make sure he has been tested for stds before having unprotected sex.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:03pm On May 28, 2009
@fl gators
You should go to your primary care physician for a check up including test of your throid and blood level

@itiade
congrats! It might just have been an implantation bleed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:10pm On May 28, 2009
@uchebuakpa
After looking at these figures, it looks like you have a low volume of sperm and poor motility. however, it is hard to draw conclusions from just one sample. If a repeat sample is the same or similar, I think invitro fertilization would be the way to go for you if finances are not an issue. A cheaper alternative could be intrauterine insemination where your sperm is collected, I would suggest several times, and inserted via cannula into the uterus on the day your wife ovulates.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uchebuakpa: 1:54pm On May 28, 2009
Thank you doctor. 

is there no drugs I can use to improve the volume and quality?  I will go for repeat tests.
Does staph aureus contribute to low sperm count?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sweetypie: 3:40pm On May 28, 2009
Dear Doc,
i have gone for another test in the same hospital and i ve been confirmed pregnant. The problem i have now is i always feel very dizzy and tired, wen i complained to the doc, she gave me some blood tablets and folic acid tablets to last 4 5 days, after the exhauston of those tablets, wat else can i take because i was told i cant register for ante-natal until d 3rd month, n i wldnt want to be feelin like dis til wen i can start d ante-natal care, tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.