Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880459 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Anamelechi: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
Good day Doc, thanks for your reply.
I went for a scan and the result said that my uterus is retroverted. Please  what does this mean. Will it cause a problem to me.
Secondly, you adviced me to be taking vitamins but i don't know the good ones to take.
Please tell me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:41am On May 02, 2009
@ilikebeans
I think you are irritating your vulva. You stated that you try to keep yourself "dry as the desert." unfortunately, this can be irritating to the delicate skin of the vulva. How much do you weigh? I would suggest sleeping without underwear, staying away from tight fitting clothing or thongs. I would also suggest you ease up on the wiping of the vulva. Afterall, if you had a wound on the back of your hand, you wouldn't pick at it constantly.

@ marc247
There is no such thing as resetting the womb and you should run away from any doctor who claims they can "reset" the womb. It is not uncommon for semen to come out after sex. I think you need a semen analysis and your wife should go to her gyn for an evaluation if the analysis is normal. good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:42am On May 02, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS TO TITILAELAE!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:45am On May 02, 2009
@jenaniston
I don't think your D&C has anything to do with the length of your cycles. I will advice you to start taking prenatal vitamins at least 3 months before he gets home. Good luck

@ sparta
i would still suggest you go to your gyn for follow up
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:51am On May 02, 2009
I apologize for not answering all the questions. I am being called away. I will answer the rest of the questions in the next 24 hours.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ilikebeans: 8:05am On May 02, 2009
thank you doctor, all i meant by the desert comment was to say that after i pee, i wipe myself but still manage to remain moist (with urine), i didn't mean i literally scrub myself there over and over again to stay dry. i do not irritate my vulva in the process of drying up.

i am 5ft, 3 inches and weigh about 67kg.

it seems your response was a bit hurried as you skipped all the vital parts of my post.

in any case, i appreciate your help and assistance. thanks once again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 11:22am On May 04, 2009
hi doc pls am a little bit confused here,could you pls shed more light into this issue and tell me if its possible for me to consive this way.Usually my mc is 28days,but in recent time its been 26days,on 24th of february i started my period which ended on 26.On the 6,7,8 i made love on these days and since then av not seen my period.The reason am confused is that i thought it hadnt gotten to my ovulation day so there was no fear of conceieving wat happened.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kbobo(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2009
obidia:

hi doc pls am a little bit confused here,could you pls shed more light into this issue and tell me if its possible for me to consive this way.Usually my mc is 28days,but in recent time its been 26days,on 24th of february i started my period which ended on 26.On the 6,7,8 i made love on these days and since then av not seen my period.The reason am confused is that i thought it hadnt gotten to my ovulation day so there was no fear of conceieving wat happened.

Hi,
Well baby,I believe the change in your ovulation cycle may be responsible for your confusion.The good news is that you may pregnant.
I think you should have read the changes well and use your free days to make love or protect yourself.

Cheers.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chrystee: 1:46pm On May 04, 2009
Hi Dr Kathy,PlzI'm still expecting your reply.I have been waiting to see what you think.Pls can you kindly send me a reply.I'll really be happy if you did.Thank.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:51am On May 05, 2009
@chrystee
I can't imagine why you are undergoing all these procedures. Like I have repeated several times in these post, staph on a culture is not necessarily indicative of an infection. Every woman will have fluid at the time of ovulation and this doesn't mean an infection. If anything, your problems with urination might indicate a urinary tract infection NOT PID. The length of your menses doesn't have much bearing on your ability to become pregnant. I would suggest charting your menses. Ovulation occurs 14 days before the onset of menses. Have a progesterone level as soon as you become pregnant and ask for supplementation if it is low. I would also suggest taking prenatal vitamins at this time. Good luck and sorry for the delay in response

@aladunni
I suggest you get followed up by your ob/gyn. You seem to have a lot of anxiety over your ability to get pregnant. You have to realize that you only have a 20% chance each month. Once again, don't self medicate, see your ob/gyn
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:55am On May 05, 2009
@fruitsteps
Congratulations on being proactive about this issue. While I would love to give you an exact estimate, it is difficult as there are several variables. This being said, I think IVF is your best chance. Good luck

@sweetypie
I suggest you see your doctor. I can not believe that you were told it is ok to have sex 4 days after surgery
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:57am On May 05, 2009
@jody
More likely the effect of the malaria. Let's wait and see

@oluwawunmi
As far as I can make out (some of the spellings are off), it looks like a normal ultrasound
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:04am On May 05, 2009
@wakagirl
There are several different brands just make sure yours has folic acid and if possible omega fatty acids

@sparta
Go to your gyn for an evaluation as to why it is taking so long to heal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:14am On May 05, 2009
@anamelechi
A retroverted uterus means your uterus is tilted backwards. It has no bearing on your fertility. The best way to think of it is that some people are right handed while others are left handed. No real difference in function. Any vitamin is fine as long as it has folic acid

@ilikebeans
Really? What were the vital parts of your posts? Questions 1 &2 run into each other which I answered and for question 3 I wanted to know your habitus. Am I missing something? If so, expantiate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:16am On May 05, 2009
@obidia
I would suggest a pregnancy test. You may be pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 8:18am On May 05, 2009
@katty,
thanks katty for your reply. i have not still seen my period till date making it about 40+ days saw the last one on the 24th March 2009. i have done series of blood pregnancy test and urine test it came out negative. i am alittle worried i went to my gyn he immediately carried out scan and he only told me that he saw some thing small but cannot really say what it is. He just wrote in my file no fibroid seen and some other terms that i can't understand not to be seen.he then advise me to wait for some time and he recommended i carried out a pregnancy test and PCV but it came out negative , he said my pcv was okay that i should wait for four more weeks and if i haven't t seen it then i should come back to the hospital.
katty pls do you have any idea what may be causing the delay in my period . could it be the drugs am taking i.e prolodel.i have been taking it for a month +.

i will be most gratefull if you can help me out.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sweetypie: 10:58am On May 05, 2009
Dear Doc,
I ve gone to the hospital, a pregnancy test was conducted on the 2nd of may, but it was negative, altho, i am still having all d symptons of pregancy i.e. d breast getting bigger and painful, still feeling very weak. A scan was also conducted, but the doc said he was not sure of wat he saw. It is possible that i might be pregnant, but too early for the pregnancy test that indicated negative?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 1:17pm On May 05, 2009
Thanks doc,i guess i already suspected as much but hope there is nothing wrong with going to the toilet like two or three times at night even this early on.Thanks cos to me you are a blessing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mabel83(f): 3:58pm On May 05, 2009
I have been trying to get across to you. Doctor please i have a problem. I have not seen my period for over 2 months now. I have gone for pregnancy test - urine and blood, both came out negative I went for an ultrasound scan last week the results reads normal study. Though i took postinor2 the last month i saw my period could that be the cause? Please am so worried . getting married very soon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 5:18pm On May 05, 2009
@ fruitsteps,

if you decide go private with ivf then try ARGC, they are the best in the UK. it will be intensive as they will monitor you alot during treatment and more expensive but worth it.

wish you d best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chrystee: 12:15pm On May 06, 2009
hi Dr Kathy,

Thanks for your reply.You are truly God sent. smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 3:42pm On May 06, 2009
hi doc

ls it advisable to start trying after a mc? l miscarried abt 10wk pg, l think its as a result of carelessness, l was pg and didnt know about it, cuz l was seeing my period, so l took a drug a pg person is not suposed to take, that caused an incomplete abortion, had to to d&c to evacuate the baby late last month, ls it advisable to try this month? l intend trying immediately since l believe my body is open and it took me almost 2yrs to conceive the miscarried baby? pls give me ur expert opinion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 3:49pm On May 06, 2009
Sweetypie:

Dear Doc,
I ve gone to the hospital, a pregnancy test was conducted on the 2nd of may, but it was negative, altho, i am still having all d symptons of pregancy i.e. d breast getting bigger and painful, still feeling very weak. A scan was also conducted, but the doc said he was not sure of wat he saw. It is possible that i might be pregnant, but too early for the pregnancy test that indicated negative?

Babygirl, be very careful, thats exactly what happened to me in february, urine and blood read negative, though in my case l saw my period,  still l was feeling uncomfortable, had to buy yoyo bitters to cleanse my system, which in turn terminated my precious pregancy.  dont beleive any result from most of our docs, its like they use substandard equpments.  give urself time and dont take any time, if u are pg, it wont be cover forever.  Relax

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 3:34pm On May 07, 2009
hello doctor,

Am sorry formy wrong spelling is Bilatera ovries masese
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uzwu: 5:40pm On May 07, 2009
Hello Doctor, I have charted my menstruatiion dates for 17 months now and these are the dates- 2008- Jan-6th, Feb 3rd, March 25th, April 18th, May 13th, June 7th, July 3rd, August 22nd, Sept 17th, Oct 13th, Nov 10th, Dec 8th.

For 2009- Jan 3rd, Jan 28th, February 22nd, March 21st, April 16th, May 7th.

Doctor pls i want to know the length of my cycle and the ovulation dates considering the irregular menstrual dates that i have and also what can i do to make it regular.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:02am On May 09, 2009
@jody
Once again, the reason you are not having your period is because of your high prolactin level. Give the parlodel time to work.

@sweetypie
Have you missed a period?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:04am On May 09, 2009
@obidia
Good luck and keep me postedsmiley

@mabel83
Don't fret. Let's wait and see. If you don't get your period this month, you should get your hormone levels checked.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:06am On May 09, 2009
@chrystee

Anytime. Might be tardy but I will certainly replysmiley

@mypeace
I think it is ok for you to try. Don't be so hard on yourself. Most first trimester miscarriages occur due to factors beyond our control. Good luck and take a prenatal vitamin daily
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:10am On May 09, 2009
@oluwawunmi
Yes, but the final assessment were that you had functional cysts which are normal in a woman who is ovulating.

@uzwu
You certainly have long menstrual cycles. Are you trying to get pregnant? You might benefit from clomid in which case you will know exactly when you are ovulating. If you are not trying to get pregnant, I would suggest going on contraceptive pills to regulate your cycle
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Anamelechi: 11:00am On May 09, 2009
Thank you Doc. for your answer to my question may God in his infinite mercy guide you. Please doc. my husband complain that he urinates too much and he use to have waist pain morning. i have to tried convince him that nothing is wrong with him but he don't believe me. what should he do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by LadyM1: 1:08pm On May 09, 2009
Hi doctor katty,

u re indeed God sent. Pls i need ur advice. i've been married for one yr plus nw, n i've been to two hospital. the first doc said i had a fabroid outside d womb, n dat i need to remove it. i was in d process of doing so wen i lost my mum in same hospital, every since i just cant see myself going to dat same hospital because it bring back sad memories.

so i was directed to one nice doctor, who then found out i had tow fabroid one in d womb n outside bt he assured me dat i can stil av my babies wit or without d fabroid. he did alot of test n findout dat my tube were blocked, n dat my ovulatn wasnt effective enough or infact it doenst even come atall, i went tru all dat process of getting it which was successful.

i was suppose to av seen my period 19th of april bt it came out on d 23rd of april.

am confused nw i dnt kwn wat else to do pls advice me

tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uzwu: 6:32pm On May 09, 2009
uzwu:

Hello Doctor, I have charted my menstruatiion dates for 17 months now and these are the dates- 2008- Jan-6th, Feb 3rd, March 25th, April 18th, May 13th, June 7th, July 3rd, August 22nd, Sept 17th, Oct 13th, Nov 10th, Dec 8th.

For 2009- Jan 3rd, Jan 28th, February 22nd, March 21st, April 16th, May 7th.

Doctor pls i want to know the length of my cycle and the ovulation dates considering the irregular menstrual dates that i have and also what can i do to make it regular.

Thanks and God bless you.
Doctor thanks for the reply so far. I really don't understand what you mean by my having long cycle cos my menstrual dates varies and most times less than 28 days. For now i am not trying to get pregnant cos i am not living with my husband yet. You also talked about my using contraceptives to regulate my period. How is that? I thought contraceptive is for prevention of pregnancy. Pls enlighten me Doctor Kathy.

God Bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.