Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880375 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ogesteph: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
hi, Dr kathy
pls there is a man i know who has not had sex in his life, his 30yrs he normally feels pain on his upper region so he was asked to go for a check up and he was told he has SP on his upper region is there any danger.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Akwaugo3: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2009
Dr, thanks for your good work here. May God reward you. I am 42 and a mother of three, my youngest kid is almost 12. I suddenly developed pica for NZU, the salted clay sold in Nigerian markets. I noticed that around April this year. Prior to then I never looked at the substance not to talk of buying or eating it all my life.

I tried to stop but it is like an addiction. I can only add that life became a bit rough for me from last quarter of 2008 when a sister-in-law was diagonised with breast cancer (we lost her in August) and it placed a huge financial and other burdens on the family. I ended up with her son who, at 12, is a nightmare. Even the father balked at the idea of taking him back after the funeral.

It takes all of my will power to stay of the substance for a few days. What is wrong with me? Is the habit too dangerous? Is it beneficial in any way?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:00am On Nov 18, 2009
@venuss
Hypothyroid is very common. Just make sure you take your medications daily and have it followed. Do you have any menstrual irregularities? As for the kidney thing, I don't know what your doc was talking about. Ask for more info

@hero111
It is not unusual for a pregnant woman to have gi upset. Talk to her ob about anti nausea medication (anti vomiting meds)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:25am On Nov 18, 2009
@obidia
May my prayers for a safe delivery for you be answered. I want my pics o!smiley

@gentleone
Each pregnancy, like every baby, is different. An active baby is a good thing. Means the baby has enough food and oxygen
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:30am On Nov 18, 2009
@ogesteph
What is sp?

@akwa-ugo
So sorry for your loss. Is it possible for you to get a blood test to see if you are anemic?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gentleone(f): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2009
ok dr kathy, thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2009
She's backkkkkkkkk!!!  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss Its so good to have you back! Thank God you're fine. Been worried stiff over your long absence. You were greatly missed by all of us. May God continue to renew your strength and take care of all your cares. wink wink wink Our baby's opix is hereby attached.

@Dr. Balogun, thanks for being there. May God reward you abundantly. We love you. kiss kiss kiss

@Gentleone,  I was also worried stiff till I was assured and reassured that my baby was just being active. Fear not, an active fetus is a healthy one. May you deliver safely. kiss wink
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
Thanks Doctor,

he said i should be snap about me getting pregnant aging that is very advisable for me but am looking at February 2010 be cos of the wound i want the wound to heal and i just saw my period yesterday i will keep u posted about the lab result of the specimen later today

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2009
Doctor,

Here is the HISTOPATHOLOGY REPORT pls explain it to in details

NATURE OF SPECIMEN: Right ampullary ectopic gestation

Clinical information : sudden onset generalised abdominal pain.Gravida G3 PO+2LMP? 20/08/29

MACROSCOPIC: Specimen consists of greyish white and brownish, soft to firm tiissue measuring 5.5 x 2.0 x 1.3cm and weighing 7.6 grams.There are finger - like processes at one end of the specimen.Serial reveal a partly brownish and partly cream surfaces with a tiny slit. Four cassettes.

MICROSCOPIC : Microscopic examination shows fallopian tube with an oedematous and partly heamorrhagic fibromuscular wall.The lumencontains blood and the wall is infiltrated in parts by chorinic villi.these villi are lined by inner cytorobhoblasts and outer syncytiotrophoblast with a myxoid core.

DIAGNOSIS

RIGHT AMPULLARY ECTOPIC GESTATION: ECTOPIC (TUBAL) GESTATION
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:29am On Nov 19, 2009
@gentleone
You are welcome

@titilaelae
Thank you so much. He is too cute! You made my daysmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:32am On Nov 19, 2009
@oluwawunmi
Great! February sounds as good a time as any. Keep me posted.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2009
HI DOC. KATTHY,

THANKS FOR SEEING YOU AGAIN. THERE WAS A TIME U RECOMMENDED INTRA-UTERINE INSEMINATION FOR ME. I AM OBLIGE TO TELL U THAT I HAVE DONE IT JUST YESTERDAY, 18TH NOVEMBER 2009. I SAW MY PERIOD ON NOV 5, 2009 AND I MONITORED MY OVULATION WITH OVULATION KIT. THE FIRST DAY ON 12TH NOV SHOWED TWO SINGLE LINES AND LIKEWISE THE SECOND DAY BEING 13TH, SO WE DID IT ON THE 14TH NOV BEING YESTERDAY.

I HOPE WE DID IT AT THE RIGHT TIME?

PLEASE IS THERE ANY DRUG THAT I SUPPOSE TO TAKE TO INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT.

AGAIN, IS IT WISE FOR ME TO HAVE SEX WITH MY HUSBAND WHILE WAITING.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jenaniston: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
hi doc,
pls i had an u/s sometime in feb and a cyst was found,my doctor gave me drugs and told me it will clear,though i did nt check it immediately after then,i had another scan just last month and it was still there.pls my husband does not stay in the country and i reaaly want to take in when next he comes back which is anytime from now to feb 2010.pls wat do u advice me to do.mayGod blessu.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ogesteph: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
hi doc,
what i meant by sp is sperm on the upper region. thnks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hi doc,

You are most welcome back. Your absence was really felt. We continue praying for God to continue to bless and nourish you now and always.

My wife and baby are doing very well. Baby is 7 months 2 weeks now. Remeber? Baby go4gold107 with Duodenal stenosis caused by annular pancrease operated on the day 3 after birth. She can stand now holding onto items. To God be the Glory.

Remain blessed!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hello Dr,

Thanks for your reply pls my period as not stop aslease give sign of stoping and i notice that since yesterday what is coming out is clothing blood just like when i just did the c/s.

PLEASE HELP ME ,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stages: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2009
Hi Doc
Thank God u are back. I have some questions i have been wanting to ask u
i am 27 years, slim and 1.71cm tall. This is my med history;
I had a miscairrage in june 2008 and the doctor could not tell why it happened.
I have just started trying to concieve again but for the past 2 months nothing.
in september i had a heavy and smelly vagina discharge and i went to see the doc
who asked me to do a culture test of the discharge. I did it and was diagnosed
with candida albicans. before the results could come out the doc gave me Diflucan
and some vagina ovules which i took and after the results he gave me fungizone capsules and it disappeared
all these drugs i took them alone coz when i asked him if my husband should take it too he said no.
I don't live in the same town with my husband so we get to see each other after every two weeks. But i have just noticed (am not really sure) that when i make love with my hubby some few days after the haevy dischage and itches start again. I don't know if he is also infected or not. Am going to see my doc this week for check up.
Can candida albicans cause infertility?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ankeade: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2009
Hello Doctor,
Please, I need your help because av been thinking on this since.

I noticed that the rate at which I do visit the ladies is just too much and fortunately for me, I read a thread on nairaland "symptons of pregnancy" and I got to know that its part of the symptons of pregnancy.

I went for the test and the result was positive.

Doctor, two days ago precisely in the morning, I stood up from bed and 10minutes later, I had a discharge (watery) from my body.

It seems as if when a lady is on, and there wants to be a discharge of blood, it was the same way too.

Sir, please what is the symptons for that.

Also, when does one start to feel the baby in the tommy and is there a particular posture that one will be lying on the bed?

Please, I need quick response to this.
It's seriously giving me headace please.

Thanks and Best Regards.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Trulyours: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by globalaid(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
Dear Dr Kathy,

welcome back once more. my wife is 41 years old, we have a daughter that is going to 5 years old and due to her career we were thinking of having another baby in 2 years time, please which contraceptive can you recommend, she does not want to be on pill and am suggesting an injection, and due to her age do you think injection is better for her.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 9:02am On Nov 24, 2009
I am very hapi that you are back. Welcome my great and darling doctor.
Regarding the IUI, i have been doing it virtually every month (9 times) since after the miscarriage i had last year September.
I had another miscarriage on the 19th Nov., 09. This time it was natural, no drugs, injection or IUI because i was a kind of been frustrated and kept off from my GYN and unfortunately it dropped after 49days (my LMP 30/9/09). cry angry sad shocked
Doctor, pls is there any drug/s that i need to use to increase my chances of getting pregnant and to sustain it. Pls I need your advice because i am getting too tied of the whole thing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:47am On Nov 26, 2009
@evangelin
You should try to be intimate on the day of the surge as well as the day of ovulation.  Make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins and it is safe to be intimate while you are waiting.  Good lucksmiley

@jenaniston
Your cyst should not affect your fertility.  The cyst might be the egg of the month, seen right before ovulation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:48am On Nov 26, 2009
@ogesteph
I have no idea what the doctor is talking about.

@go4gold
So happy to hear that! Ok, when is the next one coming? lol
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:51am On Nov 26, 2009
@oluwawunmi
Go see your gyn if you are concerned. They will order an ultrasound

@stages
No it doesn't but your husband might have jock itch which can cause you to have repeated yeast infections. I would have him see his generalist
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:54am On Nov 26, 2009
@ankeade
You need to see an obstetrician. I'm sure you will get the quick response and answers to all your questions.

@globalaid
Frankly, if you are serious about another child, I would suggest starting now. Your wife's age is against you. The problem with the injectable contraceptives is that it takes a while to restart ovulation, time which your wife may not have. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:56am On Nov 26, 2009
@meridian
Sorry to hear this but the most common cause of first trimester miscarriages is genetic abnormalities. I would say keep trying. Also, if finances are not an issue, consider invitro fertilization
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kolaism: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2009
good day doctor. can onions and honey be used to cure premature ejaculation? Dr. I need furher eluucidation from you.
Thank you and God bless you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tng(f): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2009
good day doc. I got delivered of a baby 3 mths ago and have had my period twice since then. was expecting the third on the 18th Nov but it didnt 'come'. Suspecting i could be pregnant again, I did a pregnancy test(using a home kit) which came out negative on the 21st Nov. I have also been spotting intermittently for a week now. i intend redoing the test soon. Meanwhile, do you think i could be pregnant? if i am, what can you recommend as am not ready for another child just yet.

Awaiting your prompt response. Thanks and God bless you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rukyus: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2009
hi, doc. my sister usually complain of virginal itches anytime she wants to or sees her period. but after this, the itches are gone. can u pls explain the cause and can this affect her from getting pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ankeade: 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2009
Hello Doctor,
Please, I really need ur help.
I got married two months ago and to God be the glory, I went for pregnancy test last month.
It was confirmed positive.

Really to be sincere, my husband still do have sex with me.
But four days ago, I was having pains at my two sides and also down my tommy.
Three days ago, I went to the toilet in the morning and I saw little drops of blood coming out.

I went to the office and infact, my whole stuff was really wet.
I went to the hospital and the doctor said I had fibroid, he said further that I had miscarriage.

Sir, without the operation, can't I have be pregnant again?
Also, I am so scared of the operation because I was reading tru some articles on Google
and was really confused.

Is it that a lady that has firbroid can't be pregnant again?

Please, kindly help me out and can I have your email address?

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
hello Doctor av bin dating dis guy for past 5 yrs now and
av never been pregnant for him though we do safe sex but there ar times we dont and we plan getting married next year april do u think we are compatible sexually mean while i once got pregnant for my ex. pls wat do u tink
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #1589 on: November 26, 2009, 05:47 AM »

@evangelin
You should try to have sex on the day of the surge as well as the day of ovulation. Make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins and it is safe to have sex while you are waiting. Good lucksmiley

DEAR DOC KATTY,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I HAVE DONE THE IUI THOU IT FAILED. IS THE ADVICABLE TO DO ANOTHER ONE AGAIN COS MY DOC SAID TOLD ME TO REPEAT IT AGAIN.

PLEASE ADVICE ME.

EVANGELINE

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.