Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,906 members, 7,852,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism (1424 Views)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / Extremely Brilliant Bible Phrases Proving The Kjv Is A Work Of Art / The KJV Only Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
Without a doubt many fine Christians read the King James Version of the Bible. However, some people have gone to remarkable extremes in their efforts to exalt the KJV over all other versions of the Bible and have caused division and disunity in the Body of Christ. Some of these people believe one is unsaved or some kind of misinformed, inferior Christian if he doesn't use the KJV when preaching and writing. These things should not be. The following brief outline are facts that the KJV Onlyites will probably never tell you:

1. The 1611 KJV included the Apocrypha, which contained various heresies in it. For example, in Tobit 12:8,9, 1611 KJV we read:
For almes doth deliuer from death, and shall purge away all sinne. Those that exercise almes, and righteousness, shall be filled with life.

2. The KJV is based on the Textus Receptus, which was formulated by Erasmus and edited by Stephanus and Beza. Erasmus was a Roman Catholic priest, who died a faithful Catholic.

3. Erasmus dedicated his 1516 edition of the Greek New Testament to Pope Leo X.

4. Erasmus depended mostly upon two twelfth-century manuscripts and had no Greek manuscript which contained the last six verses of the book of Revelation. He translated those verses from the Latin Vulgate into Greek.

5. Erasmus wrote of Mary as "my salvation" and "my refuge." Furthermore, he wished for "salvation through Jesus, but not without his Mother."

6. The 1611 KJV translators believed that one should read a variety of translations and not just their own!

7. The 1611 KJV translators also recognized the importance of a translation that was understandable. For us today, the archaic words in the KJV are a major hindrance in understanding God's eternal message. A few examples are:

almug, algum, chapt, earing, gat, habergeon, hosen, ligure, leasing, maranatha, pate, pilled, rabboni, raca, stacte, trode, wimples, ouches, brigandine, ambassage, occurrent, purtenance, bruit, fray, cracknels, nusings, mufflers, anathema, corban, talitha cumi, aceldama, delectable, wot, trow, sod, grisled, God speed, descry, countervail, concupiscence and swaddling clothes.

8. Certain English words have changed their meanings since the 1611 KJV was translated and hinders one's comprehension of Scripture:

Did you know that in the King James Version of the Bible the word "advertise" means "tell," "allege" means "prove," and "conversation" means "behavior"? That "communicate" means "share," "take through" means "be anxious," and "prevent" means "precede"? That "meat" is a general term for "food," and "anon" and "by and by" translate Greek words which mean "immediately"?

9. The present editions of the KJV contain words for mythical non-existent animals. For example: unicorn(s) and satyr. See Num. 23:22; 24:8; Dt. 33:17; Job 39:9,10; Psa. 22:21; 29:6; 92:10; Isa. 34:7,14.

10. Staunch Calvinist Theodore Beza was one of the editors of the Textus Receptus. The KJV translators had his changes, which included "If they shall fall away" in Heb. 6:6. Such a misrendering helps to preserve Calvinism's perseverance of the saints. Adam Clarke's commentary shows the errors of that as being: (a) the word "If" was unjustly inserted and (b) the tense is aorist, meaning it should be translated in the past tense, "HAVE fallen away." Another distortion occurred at Heb. 10:38!

11. The final critic who went over the whole KJV as editor was Dr. Miles Smith, who was a Calvinist.

12. Richard Thomson was one of the translators of the 1611 KJV. He was a known drunkard, who was never removed from the translating committee.

Few KJV Onlyites seem to realize that the 1611 KJV was not the first English Bible, neither is it the edition of the KJV that most read in our day.

13. Few KJV Onlyites seem to realize that the 1611 KJV was not the first English Bible, neither is it the edition of the KJV that most read in
our day

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/kjvonly.htm
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
every version and translation has its 'facts'. Nothing do you kjv , you are loved.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
All those sites you quoted are a bit dangerous to your health, they are cults , be careful.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by MacDaddy01: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
So which bibble do you suggest? The catholic bible?
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by tobechi20(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
MacDaddy01: So which bibble do you suggest? The catholic bible?

yea
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2012
The Kings James followers will rather we read a bible that most cannot comprehend , than literally more plain versions such as the NIV , NLT or even the Amplified bibles.

The KJV is the least accurate of all bibles and has some bad influences by the catholic church . In trying to align it's content with their many false doctrines, the catholic church has not only used some of the least trusted manuscripts, it has also interjected other meanings into the words of scripture.

One thing you hear the KJV fanatics say is, you need the Spirit of God to understand the KJV , I think this is just arrogance . God did not make the bible to be difficult to read. It's almost like equating the bible to that incomprehensible Quran which can be read only in Arabic.

God made our bible available in all languages , including a variety of modern English speaking versions.

There are also some good tools you will find useful for an effective bible study , such as a lexicon, concordance, Vine's Expository Dictionary etc.

Don't listen to the KJV followers, they are all catholics grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by MacDaddy01: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
frosbel: The Kings James followers will rather we read a bible that most cannot comprehend , than literally more plain versions such as the NIV , NLT or even the Amplified bibles.

The KJV is the least accurate of all bibles and has some bad influences by the catholic church . In trying to align it's content with their many false doctrines, the catholic church has not only used some of the least trusted manuscripts, it has also interjected other meanings into the words of scripture.

One thing you hear the KJV fanatics say is, you need the Spirit of God to understand the KJV , I think this is just arrogance . God did not make the bible to be difficult to read. It's almost like equating the bible to that incomprehensible Quran which can be read only in Arabic.

God made our bible available in all languages , including a variety of modern English speaking versions.

There are also some good tools you will find useful for an effective bible study , such as a lexicon, concordance, Vine's Expository Dictionary etc.

Don't listen to the KJV followers, they are all catholics grin grin

Catholics dont even use KJV. Frosbel is very ignorant;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Bible

The NIV bible which frosbel supports is partly sourced from the latin vulgate; A CATHOLIC SOURCE!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_International_Version#Features

The NLT bible which frosbel supports is sourced also from the latin vulgate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Living_Translation#Textual_basis

Amplified bible is based on the useless American standard bible grin

Frosbel fails agian
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Catholics dont even use KJV. Frosbel is very ignorant;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Bible

The NIV bible which frosbel supports is partly sourced from the latin vulgate; A CATHOLIC SOURCE!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_International_Version#Features

The NLT bible which frosbel supports is sourced also from the latin vulgate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Living_Translation#Textual_basis

Amplified bible is based on the useless American standard bible grin

Frosbel fails agian

Considering that your dad told me you keep failing your exams, I am trying ro catch up with you, grin

By the way it is again not agian !

As mentioned earlier, one of the main people who translated the bible into KJV was a staunch catholic called Erasmus, google it.

Back to the NIV, please peruse this small historical excerpt below : The Latin vulgate was just a small part of the fuller picture.

The manuscript base for the Old Testament was the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia Masoretic Hebrew Text. Other ancient texts consulted were the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Samaritan Pentateuch, the Aquila, Symmachus and Theodotion, the Latin Vulgate, the Syriac Peshitta, the Aramaic Targum, and for the Psalms the Juxta Hebraica of Jerome.[7] The manuscript base of the NIV was the Koine Greek language editions of the United Bible Societies and of Nestle-Aland for the New Testament.[8] The deuterocanonical books are not included in the translation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_International_Version

Just remember no one wins here, we can always use wikipedia and google to support out points grin

Macdaddy01 epic fail in exams again.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by MacDaddy01: 4:44am On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Considering that your dad told me you keep failing your exams, I am trying ro catch up with you, grin

By the way it is again not agian !

As mentioned earlier, one of the main people who translated the bible into KJV was a staunch catholic called Erasmus, google it.

Back to the NIV, please peruse this small historical excerpt below : The Latin vulgate was just a small part of the fuller picture.

Just remember no one wins here, we can always use wikipedia and google to support out points grin

Macdaddy01 epic fail in exams again.

lololololololol grin grin grin grin grin

Catholics dont use KJV (doesnt contain the full books)

Latin vulgate is a catholic source and so, you have to admite that your bibles had a catholic origin.

How does it feel? Hating the catholics, yet you cant distance yourself from them?
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Rich4god(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2012
Frosbel... Frosbel... At this rate that you are moving, i fear what will become of you in the nearest future. No offence plz.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Rich4god(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2012
@Frosbel... What i seem to understand from all you post in recent time is that you seem to be repulsive to any that has to do with the Catholic Church... But one thing that you fail to realise is that you cannot run away from your shadow... (the Catholic Church)... Thats why you will keep on disputing the basic christian doctrine until you end up being on your own.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by free123: 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
who says this guy is not mixing things up?
NIV, NASB and NWT even NKJV are all for new agers, those who deny Christ's divine nature, anti christs and followers of men. These men cannot stand the chance of hearing that Jesus Christ is God even Almighty God.

one cant say one abhors catholics and JW's doctrines yet uses their version of bible. one cannot mix things up and claim that he is standing alone or for the truth.

frosbel u once opened a thread to show how Christ is d same as God Almighty, u now deny that. It is now obvious to me that ur version of light is that of JW that keeps getting brighter with no sight of brightest light at all. who knows what u will come up with next time?
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
free123: who says this guy is not mixing things up?
NIV, NASB and NWT even NKJV are all for new agers, those who deny Christ's divine nature, anti christs and followers of men. These men cannot stand the chance of hearing that Jesus Christ is God even Almighty God.

one cant say one abhors catholics and JW's doctrines yet uses their version of bible. one cannot mix things up and claim that he is standing alone or for the truth.

frosbel u once opened a thread to show how Christ is d same as God Almighty, u now deny that. It is now obvious to me that ur version of light is that of JW that keeps getting brighter with no sight of brightest light at all. who knows what u will come up with next time?

Tell me Mr.KJV , my children don't understand the KJV English which is relatively archaic , what shall they do ? When I read the NIV or NLT versions they quickly grasp the concepts of the kingdom because the English used is more at their level of understanding.

Besides, what about those who cannot read English , should they stick to KJV and get an interpreter or continue to read their German, Yoruba, Igbo, and Russian bibles ?

Should I buy my children a Lexicon, dictionary of archaic English and maybe a concordance to comprehended scripture. grin

You are almost becoming as fanatical as the Muslims who insist that you can only read the Quran in classical Arabic. This is exactly how cults start.

SMH.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." - Matthew 23:13
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by free123: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mr. NIV
it is appaling how u left d sound word of God for new age teachings. u cant bring in heresy just because u want to correct ur supposed archaic english language. u dont have to butcher d word of God just because u want to change thee thou ye wilst mayest etc. u tell me which is accepted - KJ Bible Teachings and heretical teachings.

i dont think ur children will encounter difficulties in learning the truth in KJV but will be damned in learning heresies contained in NIV.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
free123: Mr. NIV
it is appaling how u left d sound word of God for new age teachings. u cant bring in heresy just because u want to correct ur supposed archaic english language. u dont have to butcher d word of God just because u want to change thee thou ye wilst mayest etc. u tell me which is accepted - KJ Bible Teachings and heretical teachings.

i dont think ur children will encounter difficulties in learning the truth in KJV but will be damned in learning heresies contained in NIV.

go away Pharisee grin

You did not respond to my explanation above.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by free123: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel it is disheartening how u allowed new age teachings destroy d light i thought was in u. from supporting Israelis to dissing them, from claiming Jesus divine nature to reducing Him to God's influence on earth, from dissing catholics to opening threads that go round in arguments causing God's children to sin, from threads that wud not add anything to ones salvation (just to pass ur new age teachings) to whotnots. ur light keep getting darker i think so
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Rich4god(m): 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
free123: frosbel it is disheartening how u allowed new age teachings destroy d light i thought was in u. from supporting Israelis to dissing them, from claiming Jesus divine nature to reducing Him to God's influence on earth, from dissing catholics to opening threads that go round in arguments causing God's children to sin, from threads that wud not add anything to ones salvation (just to pass ur new age teachings) to whotnots. ur light keep getting darker i think so
My brother, plz tell him.
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by tidytim: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

Tell me Mr.KJV , my children don't understand the KJV English which is relatively archaic , what shall they do ? When I read the NIV or NLT versions they quickly grasp the concepts of the kingdom because the English used is more at their level of understanding.

Besides, what about those who cannot read English , should they stick to KJV and get an interpreter or continue to read their German, Yoruba, Igbo, and Russian bibles ?

Should I buy my children a Lexicon, dictionary of archaic English and maybe a concordance to comprehended scripture. grin

You are almost becoming as fanatical as the Muslims who insist that you can only read the Quran in classical Arabic. This is exactly how cults start.

SMH.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." - Matthew 23:13
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
I hope someone stops frosbel before he reaches the point of no return. Restoration is just one step away.

1 Like

Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by mkmyers45(m): 11:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU: I hope someone stops frosbel before he reaches the point of no return. Restoration is just one step away.
grin grin grin..i hope no one does
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2012
MAYBE IF THE KJV IS TRANSLATED INTO IGBIRA LANGUAGE FROSBEL WILL EMBRACE IT grin grin grin
Re: Thirteen Facts About KJV Onlyism by tpia5: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Wbb

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between God And Lucifer / How Mouka Commits Adultery / A Nairalander Prophesied About Synagogue Church Disaster!. It's Shocking!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.