Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans (13626 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / The Price Of Garri / How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by bbpreye2: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
At least people will shift focus to GARRI and this will definitely affect the price of GARRI. Imagine beans without GARRI....
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by pomohs(m): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
too bad, but we have choice to eat beans or switch to another food item
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by onyxo76(m): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
so what is the current price? bought some kongo for 400 last month.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Adematic(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Price of food is increasing whn there is treat to life frm boko guys.d latest is d unrest at ijoko ota by local youths bcoming cult members where d king of ijoko is their God father
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tolexander: Chei! We don suffer for obafemi awolowo hall (awo hall) o. Beans, our traditional food? How are we going to celebrate our 'ewa day' this year my god!

Una still dey do ewa day for awo hall in 2012. na waoh grin
Ewa surely taste different in OAU.

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by bbpreye2: 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
The price of GARRI will also be affected by the increase in the price of beans!
Imagine a world of GARRI without beans?
GEJ needs to set up a comittee to look into this! Before the price of other commodities like GARRI follows suit.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Reference(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
didadavid: So how does this affect the price of garri?

Not certain because beans is the only real vegetative protein we have in Nigeria. There are no commercially grown alternatives. Beans stands alone. And that's why it is the king of all grains in Nigeria. Worse. Apart from Niger Republic and Norther Cameroon, no one else produces the stuff so you cannot take your dollars to the US or China to get the stuff. We are the No1. globally so if it is expensive here then......

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Butoneday2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Garri nko dey don increase am? Just asking...
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mehn....the 150% increment in the price of beans is uncalled for....this wil definetly after d price of other commodities lik garri nd othrs....
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by rooftech: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Beans is 100naira per cup today in nigeria, unbelieveable..famine has started o
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ayobase(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
tjskii: My broda,d tin tire me o,befor wen my bros come home from skool,they used to pack all my beans and garri,but now I dey use big padlock lock my storeroom. Na me dey ration d tin giv dem now grin grin

I met a man in the market while pricing bean days ago....''na me go dey measure d beans anythime my wife wan cook now o.....e no be like before again''....I no fit blame the man...bean from 180 or so to 600!
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ayobase(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ishilove:
You failed to mention 'eba and beans'.
Yep, my uncle's favourite combo grin

Ose....eba tutu!

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
What is the actual price of beans per de rica?
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by alkadriyar(m): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kgdavid: the increase in the price of beans is bound to have an effect on the price of garri depending on whether people see it as a substitute good or as a complimentary good. if as a substitue good, this is not good for the economy as people will buy less beans and more garri leading to an increase in the price of garri eventually placin our two good(garri and beans) economy straight on the path to stagflation.
u just got it wrong. As increase in d price of a compliment good say beans 4 garri will lead 2 decrease in d price of garri. Because people will tend to buy less beans due to higher price, and as a result low patronage of garri a commpliment of beans will fall in its price.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Adematic(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Govt dnt even care abt wht we eat what they knw is our vote
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by realmscape: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Beans plus weavils = the bomb but importantly, whats the new price of GARRI
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Sijo01(f): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
You see, if to say beans get association like garri, dis kin tin for nor happen.

2 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ayobase(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
onyxo76: so what is the current price? bought some kongo for 400 last month.

It was 600 4days ago!
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Legit1: What is the actual price of beans per de rica?
it is 200naira per derica cup that is if you buy it from the hausa sellers.I actually asked one of them the other day why the sudden increase in the price? He told me the boko haram menace caused it.he said the farmers are scared of going to their farms to harvest the crop from fear of being attacked by boko haram.well I didn't believe him anyway.whatever must have caused the increase surely it won't last.I hope its just for a short while.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ujukala: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Lol. You are looking for trouble o.Look under my armpit, there is no hair there o.lol
lagerwhenindoubt: eeeerm but how does that affect the price of its complement.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ayobase(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
berem: .....I hope its just for a short while.

E better be o!
A major sole of protein?....it aint funny!
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Oh shitt! dis will definitely affect d price of garri!
And seun don't even think of banning me! undecided.
Cos i love garri and beans. angry undecided
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by mikolo80: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
CHEI AND I BE WAN PLANT BEANS DIS RAINY SEASON PPL WIT DIA NEGATIVITY JUS DISCOURAGE ME.ANYWAY JUNGLE DON ALMOS MATURE.MAKE WE SEE AS YOUTH DEM NO GO TAKE ENTER FARM NOW.SEBI NA WHITE COLLAR FARMING DEM DE FINE
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
Classicalman: Hmmmmm....are u sure berem?
you think say I dey lie? No one eats beans like I do.I ate it a lot when I was in my teens.my height is a proof that am a beans addict! "Winks"
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Wsdm: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
It is very pathetic that one of the easiest and cheapest source of protein has elude our government again. Beans is largely produced in the north east were the boko haram issue is at it's peak. People are now migrating for fear of the unknown. A responsive government is suppose to envisage this and take a proactive measures. Divide the over 900 budget on security into 3: one part for prevention, the second to fight the menace head on and the third to cushion its negative impact. I hope they ever think.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by omowolewa: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tolexander: Chei! We don suffer for obafemi awolowo hall (awo hall) o. Beans, our traditional food? How are we going to celebrate our 'ewa day' this year my god!

I thought Faborode ban 'ewa day'?! Awo boyz and Angola boyz go don suffer o. Aluta market go don dry. Well,it good for you guyz,for all those accidental discharge from your 'Area 1' will stop. That thin dey cause wahala for Fajuyi hall no be small.
'Ewa' for learning and Culture, sports and struggle!

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by obuksjr(m): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
alkadriyar:
u just got it wrong. As increase in d price of a compliment good say beans 4 garri will lead 2 decrease in d price of garri. Because people will tend to buy less beans due to higher price, and as a result low patronage of garri a commpliment of beans will fall in its price.
The guy based his analyses on substituting garri for beans and not as a complement.

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Thank God say na BEANs. If dem tamper with the price of G4 favourite meal, mehn! Ur guess is as good mine.
G4 for life!

Honourable, what is the meaning of your name?
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by buchibabe: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
A commitee will definetely be set up to look into dis disastrous rise in d price of d air polluting agent.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by koman: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
Beans & custard,
beans & rice,
Beans & plantain,
Beans & bread,
Beans & GARRI.
D current price of beans, plantain and bread is alarmingly rediculous.
I guess dat wil put mor pressure on d price of G4.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Wsdm: It is very pathetic that one of the easiest and cheapest source of protein has elude our government again. Beans is largely produced in the north east were the boko haram issue is at it's peak. People are now migrating for fear of the unknown. A responsive government is suppose to envisage this and take a proactive measures. Divide the over 900 budget on security into 3: one part for prevention, the second to fight the menace head on and the third to cushion its negative impact. I hope they ever think.
Gombe state is the highest producer of beans which is also in the north east.seems the federal government does not really care about beans when they all focused their attention on cassava. As long as beans is not a cash crop,they don't give a damn about it. I just hope the price won't sky rocket again.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Adex25(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hehehe I remember those days on campus our popular saying "who D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ burn beans?" Beans o beans! I aint eating beans no more, I ate all d beans I was supose †̥• Eat i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis life time on campus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Packs Of Noodles Do You Eat? / Become Certified In PUBLIC RELATIONS. / What Is The English Name Of This Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.