Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,576 members, 7,812,872 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack (27465 Views)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack Over Anti-islamic Video. / US Ambassador Killed in Libya as Muslims go on a rampage for insulting ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: Islamists always think through their anuus. How can u kill people for an event that occured thousands of miles away?

You're not as smart as you think. The American Ambassador is effectively a top spy of the US in Libya, do you think he doesn't have enemies there? The protest was used as a smokescreen in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: It is quite likely that this attack was orchestrated and carried-out by a particular group. The United States is the top secret war fighting country in the world, I am sure they have an idea of those behind this attack. It is their affair. Commiserations to the man's family but I guess they and he understood the dangerous nature of his job.
Meaning ?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by nagoma(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
pappy2000: The Americans liberated this people only for them to turn back and attack the same mouth that fed them

So they are liberated? You are entitled to your own opinion but the US knows fully well the possible repercussions.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Religion has caused so many great dangers to the world but what can we do?........nothing
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

You're not as smart as you think. The American Ambassador is effectively a top spy of the US in Libya, do you think he doesn't have enemies there? The protest was used as a smokescreen in my opinion.
And how do you come about this?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
When these guys were fighting Gadaffi, they weren't Islamists but "Freedom Fighters" and "Rebels". Now that they are attacking Americans they have become "Islamists".

I laugh in Korean.

15 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by crackhouse(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
ismhab: ANY BODY WHO HAD HAND IN GHADDAFI'S DEAD, BY THE GRACE OF GOD HE WILL DIE THE WAY GHADDAFI WAS KILLED.
you are a very nice fool.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by megxo(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
ismhab: ANY BODY WHO HAD HAND IN GHADDAFI'S DEAD, BY THE GRACE OF GOD HE WILL DIE THE WAY GHADDAFI WAS KILLED.
RED ALERT! RED ALERT!!! HE'S A TALIBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by lafuria1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
D guys in d middle east and north africa hate america wt passion. D whole idea 2 removing ghadafi, hussien, and assad is a selfish one on the part of d rebels because of huge ideological diff btw those leaders and d rebels. The rebels are either sunni or salafis and those leaders are either shittes or d bath party. America was just a means 4 d rebels 2 acheive their goal. Afterwards d rebels would turn against d america just like wat hap in afghanistan and iraq.
I guess obama d cheif commander of drones will start orderin drone attacks just like he enjoys doing in pakistan.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
When I read things like this I become so ashamed to have muslims as friends or to be associated with them in anyway.
Why are these guys so violent?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx: I just need to drop this knowledge before I leave...

People need to stop blaming Islam and all Muslims for terrorist attacks... I'm not a Muslim, but the blame game is getting boring now..

Wahhabism/Salafism isn't Islam, it's an Islamic ideology created in Saudi Arabia and used covertly for asinine purposely by the West... They're the extremist faction of Islam, just as Zionists are the extremists faction of Judaism, and Christianity has its own extremists...

Religion and oil and gas/energy are the ying yang messing up the world... We just need to find a balance - before free thinkers like me end up losing his life to these extremists lol.. I dunno but religion has go if we want peace - let's all stick to worshipping God in our homes, and enhance our consciousness...

I believe in God, but religion and all its madness has to go..

Africa/Middle East/Europe/Asia axis isn't safe anymore - South America is the future... I need to leave you guys behind and move to Bahia... cool

Buyaka ! Buyaka ! Buyaka ! Now this is true pragmatism. Bogorita, here I come too.

The west need competent advisers like this.

Not those Dick and Harry "think tanking" in a cubicle, parting themselves on the back, as if they know what they are talking about.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by topkuma(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
muslim is truly a violent religion,just too bad of them,they are the one causing problem allover the whole world,i harte them all
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by omodapson(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: When these guys were fighting Gadaffi, they weren't Islamists but "Freedom Fighters" and "Rebels". Now that they are attacking Americans they have become "Islamists".

I laugh in Korean.

Mac, I do respect your opinions but what about Cause and Effect?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dp
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: When these guys were fighting Gadaffi, they weren't Islamists but "Freedom Fighters" and "Rebels". Now that they are attacking Americans they have become "Islamists".

I laugh in Korean.

You have to look at the incidents carefully to reach a conclusion.

When they were fighting Ghaddafi, it wasn't religious.

However, the protest that led to the deaths of the Americans was religious as they were protesting against the depiction of the prophet in a movie.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2012

I laugh in Korean.
Mr man, their is a difference between revolutionary tactics and meaningless anarchy.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
Classicalman: It's you that needs to shut up. Islamic idiats like you are the reason the world is in crisis today.

I am not a muslim sorry to bust your bigoted bubble
Gadafi was a muslim,yet shyte like this never happened..
what do u do

you troll nairaland and buy up fights

dullard,but i guess ur just jealous,cos am smarter than you,and you why i am smarter than you
i am well read and not as narrow minded..
byaatch die pls

AM WAITING FOR YOU IGNORAMUS
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
Katsumoto: At what price do Western democracies promote unrestricted freedom of speech?

At the price of death of innocent people? Why is it that those who make incendiary comments about religious icons don't die but rather the innocent?

It is cowardly and inhumane to make a movie or cartoon or anything else for that matter about a prophet that is worshiped by several millions of people globally from the comfort and safety of your environment, be it the US or Denmark, when you know that innocent people in far away and fragile places will pay the price for your actions.

Partially agreed.

I do think fundamental blame should lie with the people or teaching that are not civilised enough to respond with violence.

Other religions and their icons get ridiculed frequently and yet we do not get these periodical and moronic savage responses.

Others get agree and shout, then leave it.

We must never tolerate savagery even if done in the name of religion.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hey you Nairaland Robot. I didn't write "Joystick".

I wrote Di..ck and Harry. Besides, westerners answers D..ick as a name.

So, whats up with you spe..rmBot ?

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
Once again, the Muslims have demonstrated how theirs is a "religion of peace". Unlike those bloody Christians who raised hell and precipitated Armageddon when an insulting book/film The Da Vinci Code was released mocking their Jesus Christ. Heck, the author of the book (Dan Brown) and the entire cast and crew of the subsequent film adaptation have all been beheaded by those peace-hating Christian infidels, or have they? Someone please remind me.

Long Live the religion of "peace", Islam!

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2012

I laugh in Korean.

This is a moronic statement.

It is not the individual you look at to judge what people are, it is the ideology.

When they were fighting Gadaffi, they were fighting for power.

When they were fighting the West like this, the are fighting in the name of religion.

So the same individual can be both a Rebel and an later be an Islamist.

Pure common sense!

This is as silly as saying a Doctor that becomes an MP cannot be called a politician, they must always be called a medical practitioner.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by dadicvila(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
mosh_musth:

The best way to leave together both Christian and Muslim is to learn how to respect each other religion.. Disrespecting prophet Muhammed or publishing that may aggravate tension among us should be prohibited.. Imagine that nigeria journalist in 2002 uttering rubbish, that Denmark cartoon about prophet Muhammed, that Pakistan Boy that fled to uk for protection that wrote the satanic quran,the burning of quran by American soldiers and now the recently air uk TV comic about Islam was greeted with wide spread of critism from Islamic clerics n followers this scorn and disrespectful act towards Islam should be stopped and must be stopped... Learn to respect Islam and accomodate Islamic teaching in ur Christianity ways that way we will all live happily...
so if we dont learn or choose not to respect the religion of piss what will happen??worldwide jihad abi??when have you seen christians forcing members of other religions to respect christianity of Jesus christ?NA BY FORCE??
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by livapul86(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
To be very frank, I don't understand the rationale of muslims to attack anyone under the guise of an insult to Prophet Mohammed. They're so quick to adopt this violent approach everytime something is done that remotely seems to attack the integrity of the prophet.
This approach to issues is CLEARLY not WORKING, they only succeed in emboldening more people to insult the prophet.
How difficult is it to IGNORE anyone that insults the prophet? By Ignoring them, you're making them Very insignificant. I don't see any reason why I would attack someone that insults Jesus because that is the person's own view.

Stop these violent approach to issues pertaining to the Prophet.

IGNORE THEM!

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
There will surely be repercussions,i hope it won't be too much for libya!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by amiskurie(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
pappy2000: The Americans liberated this people only for them to turn back and attack the same mouth that fed them
So you open ur mouth and call that liberation?alteration ni....Mtcheeeew!

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by CHouse: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
So it takes any tom di.ck or harry to pick up a camcorder and shoot a non-Hollywood clip to send the entire middle east haywire? I've since known these sets of people are lesser than animals. Meanwhile Obama is a weakling, the reason why the U.S is looking more like a joke and toothless bulldog on the global scene. Only Israel, Canada got the balls to call a spade a spade because they saw the bigger picture.

He Obama must make a firm military action against the perpetrators so as to convey a statement that the united states won't take this lightly. Failure to to this is akin to making their embassies in the Arab nations endangered but i seriously doubt he'd do that, a cowardly closet muslim.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by nagoma(m): 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
muffins99:

Quite right... unfortunately some misguided fanatics do not understand the implications of their actions. I'm sure that this incidence will stir curiosity in a lot of people such that they'll want to see the film. I personally would not have paid any heed to it if not for this news.

I think it's important to recognize that this happened in Libya. With all the turmoil, the killings and destruction in Libya over the last one year and the central position of America in the crises one must be extremely naive to think that no group is targeting American interests in Libya. I am against all killings but can the americans say this is totally unexpected? Of course linking it to Islamic extremism will divert attention from the American complicity in the unfinished revolution and their resultant susceptibility to such attacks in Libya and similar countries.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
Reyginus: Mr man, their is a difference between revolutionary tactics and meaningless anarchy.

Meaningless anarchy has achieved what Osama bin Laden never achieved, killing a top US citizen in an Arab state. You had better widen your horizon.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by deolu2000(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Does that kill by the sword will die by the sword.lols....
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sagamite:

It is not the individual you look at to judge what people are, it is the ideology.

When they were fighting the West like this, the are fighting in the name of religion.

Pure common sense!

You dey mind that mumu? My problem with the 'liberal' muslims (if there is any such thing) is that instead of rebuking the extremists in their midst, they start getting defensive and insecure and rationalise their actions. That's why I find it difficult to make distinctions between good and bad muslims. They all fucking piss me off. The REASON for the attacks is clearly stated: i.e. because a film was made purportedly mocking their religion. Is it defensible to attack another because of a damn film? Do other religions do that when they are mocked - as they frequently are? Rather than address this clear fact, a bloody m0ron prefers to laugh in Korean and talk about "attacking Americans". What nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by mekaboy(m): 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
I GUESS THE MOVIE THEY ARE REFERRING TO IS "THE DICTATOR" . WHY DOES US PRODUCE FILMS THAT MOCK RELIGIONS WHICH IS KNOWN FOR VIOLENCE.?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Pure common sense!

This is as silly as saying a Doctor that becomes an MP cannot be called a politician, they must always be called a medical practitioner.

The fact that you have to resort to insults to buttress your arguments make you unworthy of my time outside of this post on this thread.
You have been noticed, now buzz-off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay / Mother Beats Son In Kenyan Parliamentary Election (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.