Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,574 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads (21152 Views)

** Buy Any Of This SUV Less Than 1m **without Clearing**good For Nigerian Roads* / The $1 Million Mercedes G63 Amgcan Withstand Explosions / Cheapest Ever!2005 Honda Cr-v 2wd Lx -good for nigerian roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Darksea: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
dangerzone: limousine
lambogini
bughati
ferrari
enough cars

U can't even spell them, got any idea what they look like?
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by inspiredm(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
Zeddicus: Oga Inspired what do you think about a Hyundai ix35 or a Volkswagen Touareg??

VW Touaregs are Known to have Electrical Issues, Hyundai Ix35 (Tucson) is relatively New in the Market, Sourcing of Parts Locally may be Hard except you want us to Help Source for Parts.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Pakavy(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
IFEDILIEZE: bu hz village z in naija na
outskirts of naija!ask him how many tyms he goes 2 d village dat he wants 2 use such earth moving vehicles 2 destroy d few gud roads we hav
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Pakavy(m): 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
waja: But for the condition, i will give it to 504 peugeot saloon car. That car strong kakaraka like zuma rock.
especialy d GL..only say e dey suck fuel lyk garri dey suck water

2 Likes

Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Pakavy(m): 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
latifatai: you guys are "group of clowns"
na wetin dey bite this 'king of clowns'
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by eaglechild: 5:41am On Sep 14, 2012
kunle357: One thing i know for sure is that any car is good for nigerian roads, most cars are great however, nigerian car owners/drivers are just the worst! their maintenance cultures are the worst and no one can save such vehicles after they have been through such drivers.. im a car dealer and i import vehicles from only USA and Canada and i can tell you authoritatively that its the divers that are bad and not the cars! cool

U're somewhat right.
But even with good maintenance, our roads can wreck almost any vehicle or at the least reduce its lifespan by 50%.

Going from PH to Enugu for eg will put a giant strain on a Range rover.
When oyibo said 'offroad', am sure they didnt have Nigerian roads in mind.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by anelka101(m): 9:25am On Sep 14, 2012
BMW 3series
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
inspired_m:

VW Touaregs are Known to have Electrical Issues, Hyundai Ix35 (Tucson) is relatively New in the Market, Sourcing of Parts Locally may be Hard except you want us to Help Source for Parts.
Damn! I really like those SUVS. Apart from Honda CRV and the more pricey Infinity FX35 and Murano, what other 'flashy' SUVs can you recommend for a young man like me? I'm waay too young to be pulling them Nissan Xterras and Sequoias of this world.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by jcube83: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2012
Flyboy Zee: 1. Toyota Hilux
2. Toyota 4Runner
3. Toyota Highlander
4. Lexus R330
5. Nissan Pathfinder
6. Infiniti QX 350, 450 (The one that looks like a Pathfinder)
7. Acura MDX
8. Nissan Exterra

NB: As for me, I can't stand the blandness of the Toyota Interiors and the ride quality, so I would have rather gone for the Acura MDX, the Infiniti QX 350,450; the Nissan Pathfinder or the Lexus R330, in that order. I actually do prefer the sleekness, exiting interior and the super smooth glide quality of the Acura to all the others. Just my opinion anyways.
MDX has got weak legs men.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by waja(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2012
Pakavy: especialy d GL..only say e dey suck fuel lyk garri dey suck water
. U're right.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by ijcu(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2012
oga inspired thanx u are the man.

Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by dashlinks(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2012
gulfer: if in need of a SUV for the NIgerian road, consider the montero sport.
Chief i am into car sales and also have a workshop, mitsubishi has no engine, engine wears too easily
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by dashlinks(m): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2012
inspired_m: Toyota Highlander

Toyota Land Cruiser

Toyota 4Runner

Nissan Xterra

Mercedes Benz G 500

Honda Pilot

Toyota RAV 4.

I quite agree with your list with a few exceptions, the guy said good car for nigerian roads and we av to take maintenance cost of these vehicles into consideration cos truth be told naija roads will kill any car, honda pilot to me is too toyish and does npt age well as well as the xterra, Mercs are very ok but the parts are way tooooo pricey and they are fibre optically connected, basically all other cars in that list except the 4runner and land cruiser dont age well, i would give it to the land cruiser cos it stands still after so many years and its ruggedity is known world wide, the only suv i know better than this with strength is the land rover defender(not the discovery/lr series/range rover)!!! both of which are expensive to buy and they have one good thing which is they hold on to their value. i give my winning vote to the TOYOTA LAND CRUISER

1 Like

Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by gulfer: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
dashlinks:
Chief i am into car sales and also have a workshop, mitsubishi has no engine, engine wears too easily
Typical NIgerian conclusion, have you used a monty or just coming to this verdict based on hearsay? To be better informed, please get 1st hand infornation from the internet.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by dagreen14: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
inspired_m:

is Landrover Freelander a good vehicle for nigeria the v6 auto year 2001
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2012
dagreen14:

is Landrover Freelander a good vehicle for nigeria the v6 auto year 2001

The Landrover Freelander series 1 is not a good vehicle for any road, in any country.

Any series 1 Landrover Freelander is an SUV to be avoided. Unless it's a late facelift model (2004) with a BMW-sourced 2,0 Turbo Diesel (worth buying) the 1,8 I4 DOHC 16V or the 2,5 V6 2 x DOHC 24V will be the only options, and being Rover K-series engines, you'll be helping your local mechanic build a house. And your problems will be endless.

The closest in terms of size would be the Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 04, 2012
lawizle: Dey dint say mention names of jeeps u know ode!

If you read what the OP requested...

donjaps: guys please am looking for cars(preferably jeeps)that can hold their own when it comes to driving on Nigerian roads which as you all know are terrible. someone was mentioning the range rover car but i don't know. what do u guys think?

...You'll realise he / she mentioned SUV's as his / her preference. He / she also mention Range Rover.

Surprising how many people commint the crime of waste - letting the brains God gave them go to waste, through lack of use. So slow to read AND comprehend, yet quick to post trash. If you're any sort of decent human, you'd apologise to Inspired, who's one of the pioneers in the Nigerian Automobile Industry.
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Gozzzy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
donjaps: guys please am looking for cars(preferably jeeps)that can hold their own when it comes to driving on Nigerian roads which as you all know are terrible. someone was mentioning the range rover car but i don't know. what do u guys think?
Bro, go and buy 1993 model land rover defender!!!! Even wia mack no fit go, e go go am!!!
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by obinna222: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
What's are your views/opinion About the Hummer H3?
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by Pakavy(m): 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
obinna 222: What's are your views/opinion About the Hummer H3?
go browse
Re: Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads by emmaliver(m): 12:51am On Jun 14, 2013
plz wch car would you advice someone to buy as his first car

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Superclean 04-06 Lexus RX330.......07-015 Lexus RX350 (4d Chairmen) / 2015 Model Toyota Corolla Sportz Toks Selling Cheap / I Want To Buy Lexus Rx 300/330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.