Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim (2666 Views)

South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) / Glo Blackberry Subscription(daily) / Glo Blackberry Comonth 3GB Slashed To 1GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by desgiezd(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2008
I have a Blackberry purchased from Glo but now wants to change the sim to MTN, it doesnt recognise the MTN sim, what can I do to solve this problem, please?
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by dragnet: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2008
Ask MTN customer care
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by kosovo(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2008
haven't u read? blackberry from Glo and blackberry from Mtn.
so do you want? you purchased it from gloworld right.? kindly take these steps.
walk down to any MTN shop and ask for blackberry from Mtn, tender your monetary parameters to them afterwords you are good to go.
SAFE JOURNEY.
painly go get blackberry from Mtn there is no alternate.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by MrInfo1(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2008
Go to computer village ( at ikeja ) It can be unlocked.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by desgiezd(m): 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
Thanks Infobaba for that invaluable information. I will try it out. Bless u.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by maxjax(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2008
N0 g0 c0me back with fufu blackberry oh!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by kosovo(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2008
lets see hw it goes
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by dragnet: 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2008
maxjax, "fufu blackberry" . . . .hehe
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by topeteadr(m): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2008
Roflmao
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by desgiezd(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2008
I was at Computer Village on Saturday, at SLOT, to be precise and was told that it can not be re-configured. It can only use glo sim. So sad.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by MrInfo1(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ desgiezd

Who gave u sure information, engineer or sales rep? undecided
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by kosovo(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2008
kosovo:

haven't u read? blackberry from Glo and blackberry from Mtn.
so do you want? you purchased it from gloworld right.? kindly take these steps.
walk down to any MTN shop and ask for blackberry from Mtn, tender your monetary parameters to them afterwords you are good to go.
SAFE JOURNEY.
painly go get blackberry from Mtn there is no alternate.
exactly as i said.
i wonder why you still wasted your precious energy. lol
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by dragnet: 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2008
desgiezd, I told u to call mtn !! They wuld tell u if its possible to switch it 2 their network. . . . SLOT cant give you any detailed information. . . .you culd've tried GSM EMBASSY, FLORIN TECHNOLOGIES, or TOY-APA .
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by MrInfo1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ dragnet

Slot got engineers also. (Go Upstairs) That why am asking him if he was told by there engineers or sales rep.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by dragnet: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2008
infobaba, Yes @ the building beside them. . . . .
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by desgiezd(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2008
Thanks all. Though I have been to SLOT Saka Tinubu, V/I office a couple of times but I really wasnt familiar with their Ikeja office, I only met one of the guys in red Tee Shirts on the shop floor, never even knew they had engineering department upstairs. Will surely try it and the other companies suggested by Dragnet. I really appreciate your efforts.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by desgiezd(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2008
Finally, I got an engineer who reconfigured my Glo Blackberry to accept MTN sim at Saka Tinubu. It took barely ten minutes and its been cool since then. Once again, I thank you all who contributed and enlighten me on this. Cheers!
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by dragnet: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2008
desgiezd, . . . . . .congrats. . . . .hope enjoy the switch cheesy
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by buddie(m): 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2008
desgiezd:

Finally, I got an engineer who reconfigured my Glo Blackberry to accept MTN sim at Saka Tinubu. It took barely ten minutes and its been cool since then. Once again, I thank you all who contributed and enlighten me on this. Cheers!

So how much did it cost you to do the unlock at saka tinubu?share with us o

Congrats
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by desgiezd(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2008
It was done for just N4K. I had earlier called someone at Ikeja who insisted on N10K but I felt that was too high.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by buddie(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2008
desgiezd,
Thanks for the information,guess u probably did the unlock at slot?
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by aomom(m): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2009
emm sorry i saw this very late next time download the firmware of the blackberry device
\1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator."wink
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]the vendor file is the operator file [/size][/size][/size][/size]

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by 4peace(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2009
@aomom
You're too fast jo after 1year 8months.Na wa o
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by lynxnoon(m): 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2009
@aomom
nice 1 . . . . i hope dis process wont blow up d BB sha . . . . lol jst kidding

@all
i sill hvnt seen any significant difference btw BBs n oda good high-end fones
can sm1 pls just clarify dis?(sorry if am goin off thread wink)
cheers
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by aomom(m): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2009
@lynxnoon well the blackberry is very useful with d blackberry internet service itself! Otherwise the full functionality is limited xpecially the bb messenga! Did u see my blackberry @ hayprof's office?
Re: How Do I Make A Glo Blackberry Accept MTN Sim by nagathi: 8:36am On Jun 19, 2010
First you want to unlock your mobile, Get the unlock code here http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/unlock-your-phone/rs2wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions, With the help of this you can unlock easily,

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Network Is Not Strong In My Room,usually 0-1 Bar / Which Gsm Network In Nigeria Is Cheapest And Most Expensive? / Samsung Pays $1.05 Billion Fine With 30 Trucks Full Of 5cents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.