Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport (11869 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by MrGlobe(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Next I want see British, air france, german and chinese airways.... Time to dis-monopolize Lagos and open up SE economy cool
thats the point, I dont see why people from the east should fly to lagos first and probably pay tax there before jetting overseas. Every Region should have atleast one fully functional international airport.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2012
chelseabmw: Wow..........So common Ethiopia that just gained their independence that day here.....Na wah ooo....Nigeria nor dey shame self?
you call them common? Ethiopian Airline is the best airline in africa if am not mistaken. Nigeria should be ashamed of herself! A whole National Carrier is in shambles.thanks to Jimoh Ibrahim for a job well done.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by ilenaira: 10:13am On Sep 13, 2012
chelseabmw: Wow..........So common Ethiopia that just gained their independence that day here.....Na wah ooo....Nigeria nor dey shame self?

embarassed If 'Common' Ethiopia, as you put it, can successfully operate a National carrier without the benefit of oil and other natural resources. Is the greater shame not that of your 'uncommmon' more savvy Nigeria?. I swear, Nigerians are a 'special' breed.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by SamMilla1(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Let's not get it twisted. Ethiopian Ariline is a big gun in the arline business. It's just that the traffic from Enugu to Adis Ababa might not be much.

Enugu to Adis Ababa is not the target. Enugu-Adis Ababa- Dubai-China is better. .

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

My point exactly.. Ethiopian Airlines is on the top 3 African airlines.. However, flying the Enugu route is rather unprofitable (sort or). But the only upside I see is that they do offer a flight to China, howbeit you would have to transit through 1 Nigerian State, Addis Ababa, Dubai before getting to bangkok. angry
I dont agree with you on the Enugu rout not bein profitable, well people in Onitsha will go there,dont you think so?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by chmod777: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2012
berem: you call them common? Ethiopian Airline is the best airline in africa if am not mistaken. Nigeria should be ashamed of herself! A whole National Carrier is in shambles.thanks to Jimoh Ibrahim for a job well done.
Where did you get your data. I have flown Ethiopian airlines between Europe and within Africa, I have also flown Kenya Airways and yet to fly South African Airlines. Infact I will be home aboard Ethiopian airways by the end of the year. Ethiopian airways in among StarAlliance while Kenya airlines is among FlyBlue.
Ethiopian airlines has soo much delay at Addis, but they have very pretty ladies. Funny enough one journey from Europe to Addis, the air conditioning stop working onborad. check out
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Novice1(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2012
Hahaha....... I dey laugh.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by DisGuy: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2012
funny

One minute you are being marginalized, next minute you want to choose what airline comes into the state, next you want to choose where their final destination should be AND TO TOP it you dont want them to start going local to protect local airlines!

sandee575: What we should be thinking is that if foreign airlines designate their routes across the country,local airlines will wind up because they won't have any passengers left to carry. Its already bad enough as it is because Kano, PortHarcourt, Abuja and Lagos are already being serviced by a number of foreign airlines. The same countries concerned shall not condone such a thing in their boudaries.
funny

One minute you are being marginalized, next minute you want to choose what airline comes into the state, next you want to choose where their final destination should be AND TO TOP it you dont want them to start going local to protect local airlines!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by amaba: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju: After a Long Ban for Garri related offences, OKIJA JUJU is BACK!!!..

So while I was away, Ndi Ethiopia abata go Obodo anyi.. angry

I dont like this development..

Send us a better airline.. I would even prefer Air China or Air India to this Ethiopian stuff.
U B BUSHMAN. HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE. NA SOFTLY SOFTLY CATCH MONKEY.
MEANWHILE, WETIN U DEY MAKE NOISE SEF. ETHIOPIA IS D 1ST AFRICAN COUNTRY 2 GET BOEING 767 DREAMLINER WHILE OUR OWN NATIONAL AIRLINE (AIR NIGERIA) JUST DIED FEW DAYS AGO
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by cesil92: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2012
Do we even have a functional, reliable national carrier?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by mallorca(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju: After a Long Ban for Garri related offences, OKIJA JUJU is BACK!!!..

So while I was away, Ndi Ethiopia abata go Obodo anyi.. angry

I dont like this development..

Send us a better airline.. I would even prefer Air China or Air India to this Ethiopian stuff.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by MajeOfficial: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2012

this is a very ignorant post. Ethiopia is the only african country to have never been colonized. It has had independence for almost 4000 years.Read the history.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Tinyemeka(m): 10:53am On Sep 13, 2012

LOL. Oga na wa you O. smiley Independence from who? Was Ethiopia ever colonized?

Not like that gives them any edge over us O. Considering the quantum of resources we have at our disposal, compared to theirs.

They take their aviation industry very seriously. Almost comparable to Qatar.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Okijajuju1(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2012
amaba:
U B BUSHMAN. HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE. NA SOFTLY SOFTLY CATCH MONKEY.
MEANWHILE, WETIN U DEY MAKE NOISE SEF. ETHIOPIA IS D 1ST AFRICAN COUNTRY 2 GET BOEING 767 DREAMLINER WHILE OUR OWN NATIONAL AIRLINE (AIR NIGERIA) JUST DIED FEW DAYS AGO

WHY does everyone keep referring to AIR NIGERIA as our National carrier.. I thought it was OWNED by Jimoh Ibrahim?!

Is a National Carrier supposed to be owned by one man?!

ABI is Jimoh Ibrahim now NIGERIA?! angry

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by onyeego(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

My point exactly.. Ethiopian Airlines is on the top 3 African airlines.. However, flying the Enugu route is rather unprofitable (sort or). But the only upside I see is that they do offer a flight to China, howbeit you would have to transit through 1 Nigerian State, Addis Ababa, Dubai before getting to bangkok. angry
The post said they will also be flying to Kano and PH.
The caption of d post is somehow misleading undecided
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by maclatunji: 11:06am On Sep 13, 2012
Tinyemeka:

LOL. Oga na wa you O. smiley Independence from who? Was Ethiopia ever colonized?

Not like that gives them any edge over us O. Considering the quantum of resources we have at our disposal, compared to theirs.

They take their aviation industry very seriously. Almost comparable to Qatar.

He made a mistake and got deceived by all that Nigeria is the "Giant of Africa" rhetoric.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by babyboy3(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2012

Independence from WHO?

Ethiopia existed from day ONE (Adam and Eve)
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by babyboy3(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji: Ethiopian Airlines is really doing well. Can Nigeria for once run an airline profitably without destroying it?

Can Nigeria for once run an airline profitably without destroying it?

Nigeria cannot run a beer parlour

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by babyboy3(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Let's not get it twisted. Ethiopian Ariline is a big gun in the arline business. It's just that the traffic from Enugu to Adis Ababa might not be much.

They should consider a more premium route like London to Lagos and give both BA and Virgin a run for their money
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by DisGuy: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2012
baby-boy:

They should consider a more premium route like London to Lagos and give both BA and Virgin a run for their money

they will have to fly through the home country first, thats the rule i think
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 13, 2012
Brand_new: Now foreign airlines are coming to rip us off when our own couldn`t live up to the bidding.
Rip you off? Bros abeg this is business, don't take it personal.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Tinyemeka(m): 11:17am On Sep 13, 2012
But taking a holistic view of the issue, I think a bulk of the problem lies more with management. Nigerian Airways a la Virgin Nigeria then Air Nigeria, operate from the same home environment as Arik Air, Aero Contractors, Dana Air, etc. Why did Air Nigeria fail where the others were thriving (albeit with the occasional peculiar problems reported about Arik and Co)?

Dana Air has had its operating license restored and would soon commence operations, meaning it is still a going concern. Arik has been opening new routes on a regular basis and Aero in my opinion is not doing too badly. So what went wrong with Air Nigeria? Funding? Low patronage?

I believe it was poor management. NICON Insurance does not seem to feature among the top 5 or even 10 companies in the Insurance industry today. But I guess that's a story for another day.

In the private corporate sector, the strongest will always thrive. It's not a peculiar "Nigerian" problem.

We should however support our indigenous companies whenever we purchase goods and services. There are some good companies out there. Other nationals would do the same.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by babyboy3(m): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2012
my guy do ur reasearch well well ethopian airline is one of the best if not the best in africa and ranks high in international rating ,they just took delivery of their dreamliner the first of its kind in africa and they have already ordered like 10 more .even south african airline no dey compete with them

I beg to differ.....

Ethiopia Airline has 42 air carriers (85 destinations)
South Africa Airline has 54 air carriers (20 more been ordered) (38 destinations)
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 13, 2012
sandee575: What we should be thinking is that if foreign airlines designate their routes across the country,local airlines will wind up because they won't have any passengers left to carry. Its already bad enough as it is because Kano, PortHarcourt, Abuja and Lagos are already being serviced by a number of foreign airlines. The same countries concerned shall not condone such a thing in their boudaries.
Shall not condone what? You guys need to read more. This is business, infact this is a welcome development in the country. If you don't want Ethiopians running the aviation sector you kow what to do.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by babyboy3(m): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2012
Dis Guy:

they will have to fly through the home country first, thats the rule i think

What a shame they could get a full plane from either Heathrow or Gatwick everyday of the week (no one would want to spend around 10hrs or more on a plane heading to East Africa then Nigeria
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by onatisi(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2012
baby-boy:

I beg to differ.....

Ethiopia Airline has 42 air carriers (85 destinations)
South Africa Airline has 54 air carriers (20 more been ordered) (38 destinations)

85 destinations to 38 ,andthey just took delivery of their dreamairliner nd more are still been expected.google it up my guy u will see tht the number one airline in africa is ethopian airlline.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
I heard ethiopia women trip for nigerian men
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Ejine(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2012

You were obviously braiding the hair on your buttocks when your mates were taking their history classes seriously.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by kenlash1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
ndala: atleast good thing is coming awt from nigeria grin

Ethiopian airline is nt a nigerian airline. I guess it is owned by ethiopian govt or a conglomerate in in ethiopia

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Maroc Makes An Emergency Landing In Lagos Due To Engine Failure / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication / Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.