Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race (12416 Views)

Delta State Guber Race: Who Is Your Choice Among The Three Top Contenders / 2015 Guber: Imo Youths Applaud Choice Of Iheanacho As APGA Candidate / Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by jamp: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2012
A few weeks after signing performance contract with ministers, the presidency is said to be angry at the discovery that no fewer than 20 of the 40 serving ministers have commenced plans to contest governorship elections in their states.Investigations by the Nigerian Tribune confirmed that despite warnings by President Goodluck Jonathan that it is too early to start talking of 2015, nearly half of the members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) are already oiling their political wheels for the 2015 governorship race in their respective states.
Top flight sources told the Nigerian Tribune that the president was alarmed by the activities of the affected ministers who were reported to be battling other political forces in their states, thereby distracting them from the performance of their statutory duties at the federal level.

The activities of the affected ministers were alleged to have contributed to the strained relationship between the presidency and some of the sitting governors, who believed that the ministers had the blessing of the president.

Besides affecting their job performance and reportedly rupturing relations with some governors, there were also questions of integrity, as some allegations were already doing the rounds that the affected ministers were involved in what is called "resource grab" in order to build a war chest to finance their campaigns.

Investigations by Nigerian Tribune showed that 20 serving ministers are involved in the 2015 race with the South-South and South-West accounting for three each; South-East has four, while the North-Central and North-East have three each. The North-West is said to have four on the list, a source disclosed.

It was learnt that while making subterranean campaigns for the governorship race, some of the ministers had already set target dates for their exit from the cabinet with the earliest being May next year.

Meanwhile, the ambitious ministers were said to include both senior ministers and ministers of state.

It was confirmed that while the president is studying the performance indicators of the ministries in line with the submission of an assessment team raised early in the year, the latest development had provided further avenues for the president to X-ray his ministers along the line of financial integrity.

It is, however, not clear what the president intends to do to the affected ministers even though sources said chronic cases may get booted out of the cabinet even before May next year.

SOURCE http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/47554-20-ministers-listed-in-2015-guber-race-presidency-angry-over-ministers-governorship-ambition

Nigeria we hail thee
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Abujafood: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2012
Whether we like it or not, it still remains speculations until whoever is being touted to have political ambitions formally declare interest as things stand now, let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by maclatunji: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2012
What a confused government!
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by anyhow123: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2012
jamp: A few weeks after signing performance contract with ministers, the presidency is said to be angry at the discovery that no fewer than 20 of the 40 serving ministers have commenced plans to contest governorship elections in their states.Investigations by the Nigerian Tribune confirmed that despite warnings by President Goodluck Jonathan that it is too early to start talking of 2015, nearly half of the members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) are already oiling their political wheels for the 2015 governorship race in their respective states.
Top flight sources told the Nigerian Tribune that the president was alarmed by the activities of the affected ministers who were reported to be battling other political forces in their states, thereby distracting them from the performance of their statutory duties at the federal level.

The activities of the affected ministers were alleged to have contributed to the strained relationship between the presidency and some of the sitting governors, who believed that the ministers had the blessing of the president.

Besides affecting their job performance and reportedly rupturing relations with some governors, there were also questions of integrity, as some allegations were already doing the rounds that the affected ministers were involved in what is called "resource grab" in order to build a war chest to finance their campaigns.

Investigations by Nigerian Tribune showed that 20 serving ministers are involved in the 2015 race with the South-South and South-West accounting for three each; South-East has four, while the North-Central and North-East have three each. The North-West is said to have four on the list, a source disclosed.

It was learnt that while making subterranean campaigns for the governorship race, some of the ministers had already set target dates for their exit from the cabinet with the earliest being May next year.

Meanwhile, the ambitious ministers were said to include both senior ministers and ministers of state.

It was confirmed that while the president is studying the performance indicators of the ministries in line with the submission of an assessment team raised early in the year, the latest development had provided further avenues for the president to X-ray his ministers along the line of financial integrity.

It is, however, not clear what the president intends to do to the affected ministers even though sources said chronic cases may get booted out of the cabinet even before May next year.

SOURCE http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/47554-20-ministers-listed-in-2015-guber-race-presidency-angry-over-ministers-governorship-ambition

Nigeria we hail thee
first to comment
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by floriana(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2012
All ministers from the south east will contest. They have always fancied themselves as gubernatorial material once the become ministers.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Waladade4luv(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2012
most of these so called ministers are not even intrested in d issue of d country. Since they av another hidden agenda. Let GEJ flush them away and emloy capable hands cos they will b steeling our money 2 contest in 2015
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2012
coolGhen ghen.... Another action film in the making! Staring:
Mr president
20 ministers
20 governors
Sit back and relax while you enjoy this blockburster! Am watching mine on 5D! grin

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2012
This is not proper. Integrity is under test here. How can you concentrate on national task when you have a regional interest at the back of your mind. I dnt known why national service is filled with so much greed people. Thats why i will always appreciate the likes of Donald duke and some others,politics isnt a do or die affair. Its a service,when you render it give way.

GEJ.shuld take this serious coz it seems they dnt take his performance test serious!
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2012
I'll like to see Barth Nnaji become a governor in Enugu state. We've been blessed with good governors in Enugu but i'll want a governor that will take a different approach in solving some of our problems.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by eyenCalabar(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2012
Sources said these, sources said that ...idleness in journalism!
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Elueme: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2012
What is wrong with nursing an ambition for another office if you feel you are capable? Are the ministers not nigerians or bonafide members of their respective state? Provided they don't carry this out Ina manner that will undermine their performance and why the performance contract is there for the president to act when necessary.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Okijajuju1(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2012
And the winner is..

GOODLUCK JONATHAN's Miniters

My Men!

Now the House of Reps and Senate is the breeding Ground of Future Presidents..

The Governors Houses are the Breeding Ground of Future Senators and Reps..

The Ministerial Houses and State Assembly Houses the Breeding Ground of Governors..

The Local Government/Council Houses the breeding ground of future Assembly men..

What a country!!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva: I'll like to see Barth Nnaji become a governor in Enugu state. We've been blessed with good governors in Enugu but i'll want a governor that will take a different approach in solving some of our problems.
he most likely dnt have such interest. Moreover,being a technocrat dsnt necessary mean he has the leadership qualities required for such office
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2012
centje: he most likely dnt have such interest. Moreover,being a technocrat dsnt necessary mean he has the leadership qualities required for such office
He contested sometime back to become the governor but did not go far as he was schemed out. But i think now that he has more influence, he might try his luck again.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by mikolo80: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2012
I ADVISE YOU ALL STOP BIT.CHING GET OFF THE FENCE AND GET INVOLVED.TIME TO BELL THE CAT
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by omicron(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2012
So what stopped them from mentioning names of the ministers?
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2012
omicron: So what stopped them from mentioning names of the ministers?
that's why the film is a suspense! You have to use your brain to guess who they are. Enjoy the film while it lasts.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by ujchief(m): 10:07am On Sep 13, 2012
If these reports coming out from aso rock of late is true, then the president must be loosing it. It seems hes always 'angry' these days. He was angry when he learnt of the leaked news of his wife, now hes angry over the ambitions of his ministers. Cant he just take an anger management course?
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by omicron(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2012
anyhow123: first to comment
sorry bro, how will you make it as the first comment when ur busy quoting a textbook! and what is there to gain as the first comment....or maybe the new craze is now making first comment, no longer makin front page
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by redsun(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2012
They steal from the monistries to sponsor gubernatorial selections and then climax their looting.

It is a vicious circle of thieves ruling dumb nigerians.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by MrGlobe(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2012
No names or specificity mentioned but they are 20 in number specifically, almost all the ministers.

Same thrash, junk Nigerian Journalism.

unfollows thread.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by talktrue1(m): 10:21am On Sep 13, 2012
This could have been a better opportunity for them to work and convince their state that they can perform. But in Nigeria, reverse is the case. They only need to Loot more money to share during election
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by ebamma(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2012
PDP is my party i shall not want,he makes me to lie down in aso rock mansion,he leads me to the post of president,he restoreth my shoe
,he leads me in the paths of lootingness for his names sake.
Yea Though i walk through the roads of borno state,i shall fear no evil,for soldiers and policemen are with me,their guns and their bombs the comfort me
The prepared a bank account before me,in the presence of my enemies,the anoint my account with bribes,my balance runs over
Surely Patience and her english shall follow me,all the days of my life,and i shall dwell in my house in bayelsa forever and ever Amen

1 Like

Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2012
The performance contract of all Ministers should be amended immediately to ban any minister from contesting the 2015 election with an option to resign within 1 month if interested in the 2015 election.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by waja(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2012
ebamma: PDP is my party i shall not want,he makes me to lie down in aso rock mansion,he leads me to the post of president,he restoreth my shoe
,he leads me in the paths of lootingness for his names sake.
Yea Though i walk through the roads of borno state,i shall fear no evil,for soldiers and policemen are with me,their guns and their bombs the comfort me
The prepared a bank account before me,in the presence of my enemies,the anoint my account with bribes,my balance runs over
Surely Patience and her english shall follow me,all the days of my life,and i shall dwell in my house in bayelsa forever and ever Amen
. Funny guy.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by mallorca(m): 10:42am On Sep 13, 2012
D Ministers no get name?
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by cesil92: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2012
Such an AMBITIOUS COUNTRY, with AMBITIOUS CITIZENS...
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by 2blunt: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2012
berem: coolGhen ghen.... Another action film in the making! Staring:
Mr president
20 ministers
20 governors
Sit back and relax while you enjoy this blockburster! Am watching mine on [size=35pt]5D[/size]! grin

make it 7D Please so i can join u
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by Mkpotu(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2012
Beer parlour speculation. I know for Anambra, the aviation minister is not contesting, Nnaji from Enugu isn't though he is no longer there. Prof Onwuliri, the Minister of State Foreign Affairs from Imo State will not though she was former running mate to Ohakim. May be Health Minister & Labour & Productivity may have such interest because their Governors are in their last terms besides they are male (for now woman never win Guber election in Nigeria)

So the news is just speculation & an attempt to smear and distract the ministers, though some may have interest.
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by femiseun1: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2012
This is just another beer palour gist or paraga joint talk..No Names mentioned grin and how can a journalist put this on the page of a newspaper?
Re: 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race by greatgod2012(f): 10:59am On Sep 13, 2012
okija-juju have said it all, dis is a xtry where we hardly see new faces at d seat of governance, its like vicious cycle, they keep rotating themselves,local govt chairmen becomes HOA members, HOA member becomes senators/HOR members, senators/ministers become governors and governors become VP/president, this is what has been happening in dis xtry, but i believe dt one day God wiill come to our help and deal with these selfish set of pple.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished / Fela Supported Biafra / Konduga In Borno State Under Attack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.