Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,873 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? (22181 Views)

Leagoo Lead 5, A Quad-core Android 4.4 Smartphone / Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans / Is The Iphone 5 A Cheap Plastic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
coogar:

clutching @ straws mixed with sour grapes!
who gives a damn that apple's adversaries are all over the place? apple have built an effective ecosystem that allows apple users to hop from a tablet to a phone and to a laptop and even to the ipod.....no frills, no thrills.....just a perfect seamless transition from one device to another and it's regularly updated without delays!

heard about something called the google ecosystem?

maybe u should take off your blinkers a little and cease being a fanboy long enough to appreciate the competition.

what seamless transition is available on the I-platform thats unique and unavailable to others?

FFS u just managed to get safari to sync bookmarks across devices years after u could do that with a google account!!!

SMH for u o. and some pple think im a fanboy? u eat the cake
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
4llerbuntu:

it's shyte compared to apple!

maybe u should take off your blinkers a little and cease being a fanboy long enough to appreciate the competition.

i don't see the competiton...iphone's ecosystem alone has sold more than all the google devices put together. where is the competition?

what seamless transition is available on the I-platform thats unique and unavailable to others?

by the 19th of september, all my idevices would be running on iOS 6 - name any other electronic giant that could come near that!

FFS u just managed to get safari to sync bookmarks across devices years after u could do that with a google account!!!

and after 12 months, google still cannot integrate "reading list" and "read me later" in their browser.....it's been present on idevices since iOS 5 was born!

you are not even a fanboy! you don't have any hands-on experience on the things you are talking about! your source of information is wikipedia/google search! you rabble-rouse so much about jelly bean when you have not even seen how it works - shame on you! you are a lamer!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by taxyflo: 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
galaxy s3 still remain the best phone in the world
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
coogar:
it's shyte compared to apple!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

erm, this takes the cake for the tech facepalm statement of the year.

if u honestly believe this then hats off to u. its not worth jot further.

coogar:
i don't see the competiton...iphone's ecosystem alone has sold more than all the google devices put together. where is the competition?

u mean like this one in the attached picture?

coogar:
and after 12 months, google still cannot integrate "reading list" and "read me later" in their browser.....it's been present on idevices since iOS 5 was born!

u mean like google reader?, read it later, instapaper? bookmarking? have u ever heard about those things? even google currents nko?

LMAO, apple fanboys are hilarious. so u mean they actually sold u on IOS with all these things as marketing bullet points? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

coogar:
you are not even a fanboy! you don't have any hands-on experience on the things you are talking about! your source of information is wikipedia/google search! you rabble-rouse so much about jelly bean when you have not even seen how it works - shame on you! you are a lamer!

rabble rouse about jellybean? pray tell, where? u mean my asking you to list ur reasons for claiming IOS6 is better than Jellybean is rabble rousing? undecided undecided

ever heard of custom roms? jellybean has been ported to devices as low end as HTC wildfire.
if you really want to use jellybean and are tired of your phone maker wasting ur time about the update, u visit XDA developers

so yes, i have used JellyBean (CM10). SMH.

you still havent listed those features oooo

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by texazzpete(m): 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
bukahands: Ok donno where to start from but lemme start somewhere

Android OS is the biggest OS for smartphones right now in the world go and research for those who wanna argue, samsung S2 beat iphone 4 and iphone 4S in general reviews, u cud go to google or visit youtube and type galxys2 vs iphone 4s and iphone 4, the weak point of samsung phones is the material PLASTIC while the iphone is made with glossy durable materials but hey that's why samsung phones are cheaper eg galaxy s2 is like 75K now iphone 4S around 120k imagine. And mind you andriod is an open software while ios is restrictive. Now let's talk about the biggest phone in the globe right now the phone that has sold 20 million copies in 90 days samsung galaxy s3 aka THE BEAST, did I hear someone on nairaland say samsung didn't make any new innovation well baby U R WRONG lemme break ot down

The seriously good innovations include a pop-up
video player that lets you keep watch ing while
answering an email or looking up a website. There's
no need to stop the video. They simply reduce the
video to a pop-up and you continue watching it
anywhere on your screen while emailing or browsing (never been done b4).
Motions and gestures also are useful and can be
switched on and off in the Android "set-up". Turn the
phone over and it will go into silent mode, users can
zoom into a photo by placing two fingers on the
screen and tilting it, and the phone will vibrate when
picked up if there are messages and calls after it was
last used.
Users also can pause a video or mute the FM radio by
placing their palm over the screen. Sweep a contact
leftward to message them, or rightwards to call them.
Functions on the lock screen can be activated by
flicking their icons upward. This includes the camera.
Sweeping a hand leftward or rightward across the
screen grabs a screenshot.
While motions and gestures are seriously useful,
items offering voice and visual recognition are a little
unreliable. Samsung's S-Voice does a good job with
basic voice recognition functions such as setting
appointments, revealing the weather or searching
contacts, but is even flakier than Apple's Siri.
Samsung lists predefined commands that S Voice
understands, but, like Siri, she often misunderstands
or fails to understand, and then she tells you so in her
soft, dulcet tones.
The same applies to the phone's smart stay face
recognition sensor, a feature where the screen stays
on as long as the front-facing camera detects you
looking at it. It means you can set the screen timeout
to say, 30 seconds, but it won't go blank while in the
middle of reading.

Even in terms of specs s3 is even leading but the iphone is a more durably and classy phone but personal after my s3 wud pick lumia 920 (if they update their app world( b4 iphone 5. For specs comparison visit gsmarena.com

Give it up for samsung electronics the WORLDS LARGEST IT COMPANY

Is this pathetic list all you can come up with?

zooming by putting two fingers on the device and tilting is not new...it was present in the Galaxy tab 10.1 from 2011
Turning phone over to go silent is not new. I remember a friend demoing a similar feature to me on a Symbian Nokia phone at a conference in 2010. Hell, on my HTC Touch Pro 2 from 2008, you'd turn it over to enter speaker mode
Lockscreen shortcuts have been present in many Android phones, all Sense 2.0 onwards HTC phones have lockscreen shortcuts too

There ARE a few new features but..
Smart Stay is gimmicky. doesn't work well with folks who use glasses.
S-Voice is a clone of Siri...and isn't nearly as smart. It's actually useful for some folks though.
Pop-up video player is just a gimmick for impressing folks. In the 4 months i've owned my SGS III, I've never needed to use it once.

Selling 20 million in 90 days may be big for Samsung...but the 4S did that volume in half the time grin

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Abrantie: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
na2day!:

Na so my brother!
people ought to leave this fanboyism and face reality,
The way apple is going now, they might need to bring Steve job back from the grave!

Iphone 5 looks funny, like a steam roller run over an Iphone 4s.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by texazzpete(m): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Abrantie:

Iphone 5 looks funny, like a steam roller run over an Iphone 4s.
At least unlike the Galaxy S III, nobody was calling the iPhone 5 ugly during its launch.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Bawss1(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2012
^
Perhaps people are just being polite cheesy
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2012
Remmyode: Dear Nlanders, I've read so much about the bashing of an Apple product on this forum in time past and I decided to share my opinion/experience about the iGadget. I'm not an advocate for high pricing mac product but I'm someone who loves gadget to a fault. Talking about phones, as much as I dislike the high pricing of iPhone/Mac products, that's how much I appreciate the DURABILITY of iPhones/ mac product. A lifes span of an iPhone/mac product is more than 6years if used 14hrs a day the way I do which gives it value for the money. I've used all sort of gadgets ranging from mp3, laptops, phones, games, cameras but the Mac experience stand out as other gadget will wornout before an Apple product. Before I bought my MacBook pro 2years ago, I used to change laptop every year but the experience has changed with Macbook pro. The system is still as intact as ever and I'm sure is going to take me to another 3years. Now buying a laptop for #150k every year for 6years and buyin a MacBook pro for #300k-400k for 6years which one is economically sensible? The thing is apple comes with a class and quality that other gadget marker has not match in recent innovation and that's why they will remain most patronised for years to some. iLike it or iLeave it!

Changing your laptop every year shows lack of maintenance culture maybe because you dont know what to do. I change/update my operating system every year. Laptops do actually misbehave yearly but are recoverable.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2012
4llerbuntu:

All these features that apple boasts about has been available in certain phones many years back. Iphone 4s came with so much hype about Siri (a call and messaging assistant). But HTC phones for as low as N35,000 have such features years before the launch of Iphone4s.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by candieangel12(f): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2012
So after waitin months for a new phone, I was stuck btwn purchasin d gs3 or gettin d iphone5. Well after reviewin d specs 4 both phones I hv 2 say dat d gs3 beat d iphone5 hands down. 2Day I finally went n boughtd gs3 4 $600 n I an in luv. I dont regret my decision at all. Dis phone is by far d best I hv used n I hv been an apple user frm day 1. D iphone5 cannot compare to d gs3 at all. D iphone 5 is not very much different dan d iphone 4s

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by nitlad: 10:30am On Sep 15, 2012
Hugoboi:

Plese don't say what u don't know. The iPhone 5 comes with a retina display and 28MP camera
2+2=47.... What a gaffe!!
Scarpon:
Pls kindly do research b4 u post something iphone comes with 12mp cam ok?
2+2=56 Double gaffe!!...
Lwkmd.... Who come mumu pass between the two of una now??
See these two simpletons o making fools of themselves smh.
Just so yhu two muppets know, the iPhone 5 has an 8MP snapper!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by nitlad: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2012
grin
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by candieangel12(f): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2012
D iphone 5 has an 8mp back camera n 0.9mp front camera whereas d gs3 has an 8mp back camera n 1.9 front camera. So d gs3 pass d iphone 5 in camera quality
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Did you actually post this? One company has a whole year to work on ONE phone and all they can come back with is "we used diamond to polish the casing"
. That my friend is not innovation and Apple have no cover. Look at Jony Ive saying "oh you guys use it so much we didn't want to change how it looks", what a weak excuse!

Please give us some credit ok. The iphone4 is going to get Siri with the iOS6 so what is so compelling about that?

Yo chill, 1. Innovation doesn't really mean 'Radical Changes' Samsung might be a good phone and I think it, but there is this thing about iphones once you use one it makes your life easier in a way though with some restrictions and that is where S3 comes.

2. About Siri coming on iOS6, I jailbreak and unlock and have used all the iphones except 4s and what I can tell you is when there is a major OS is released and doesn't come embedded with the phone there is always a little lag in the operability of the phone like slow response time and freezing, like when I tried to put OS5 on a 3gs didn't like the way it felt so had to downgrade it. There's a good reason why OS6 comes with A6 chip it will work well on the 4S but not too good on the 4.

3. I have asked everybody this, Samsung claim this and that but why didn't they release all their superman phones before Apple? Then they would have the forerunner init? Even google warned them.

4. Lastly come one Andriod might seem better than iOS cuz it doesn't run on one device! HTC, Motorola, Samsung and others use Andriod samsung doesn't make andriod and neither do others.
Apple makes their own mobile phones and OS COMEON GIVE THEM A BREAK BRUV! And you will see after a while, companies would start paying attention to their designs just like iPhone did. The next Samsung phone will really show how just great they might be.

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by candieangel12(f): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2012
xcubed:

Yo chill, 1. Innovation doesn't really mean 'Radical Changes' Samsung might be a good phone and I think it, but there is this thing about iphones once you use one it makes your life easier in a way though with some restrictions and that is where S3 comes.

2. About Siri coming on iOS6, I jailbreak and unlock and have used all the iphones except 4s and what I can tell you is when there is a major OS is released and doesn't come embedded with the phone there is always a little lag in the operability of the phone like slow response time and freezing, like when I tried to put OS5 on a 3gs didn't like the way it felt so had to downgrade it. There's a good reason why OS6 comes with A6 chip it will work well on the 4S but not too good on the 4.

3. I have asked everybody this, Samsung claim this and that but why didn't they release all their superman phones before Apple? Then they would have the forerunner init? Even google warned them.

4. Lastly come one Andriod might seem better than iOS cuz it doesn't run on one device! HTC, Motorola, Samsung and others use Andriod samsung doesn't make andriod and neither do others.
Apple makes their own mobile phones and OS COMEON GIVE THEM A BREAK BRUV! And you will see after a while, companies would start paying attention to their designs just like iPhone did. The next Samsung phone will really show how just great they might be.

Ur post is baseless. U make no sense at all
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by d33jy85: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
Iphone 5 has already sold out on preorders alone with 1.5 mil it's expected to sell 4 mil in 3 days ... Samsung is jus a copying cheat of a phone that can't innovate anything bc if there was no iphone der would b no galaxy s2 or 3

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by candieangel12(f): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
d33j@y85:
Iphone 5 has already sold out on preorders alone with 1.5 mil it's expected to sell 4 mil in 3 days ... Samsung is jus a copying cheat of a phone that can't innovate anything bc if there was no iphone der would b no galaxy s2 or 3

Im guessin ur one of dose fanboys dat hv already preordered d iphone5
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
xcubed:

The easy to use mantra is becoming old you know. Feature phones are easy to use but smartphone tech is becoming cheaper such that soon feature phones will be all but gone. The iOS should be wary of this because if they refuse to change up for fear of disruption they will fade.

Ok maybe that could make a case for those using the 3Gs or even the 4 but hardly so for the 4s. Besides Siri is old news now and Google Now is a strong contender.

Nobody is arguing the fact that Apple popularized the smartphone category. They made a success of the all touchscreen interface. No arguments there but that is old news now. The newer Samsung phones do not look like the iphone. Samsung has brought out innovative products and has expanded the meaning of the smartphone. This what is now. Apple should not rely on past glory, it will fade if not renewed.

O please Apple manufactures nothing! Even the A5 chip is made by Samsung! They are basically a design company. If they can't make an impact in design after 5 years it bears asking what they are doing in Cupertino.

Android's fragmentation means that the OS has to be optimised for a million different devices as opposed to the 3 of iOS (ipod, ipad, iphone). Performance is bound to be affected. Android partners have accepted this scenario and are working with it yet we can see them making head way.

Cupertino is cresting on their success but iphone will not always be the dominant smartphone if they fail to bring up new stuff.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by texazzpete(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
candieangel12: D iphone 5 has an 8mp back camera n 0.9mp front camera whereas d gs3 has an 8mp back camera n 1.9 front camera. So d gs3 pass d iphone 5 in camera quality

Actually the front camera in the iPhone 5 is 1.2 MP...and blindly comparing megapixels is no way to judge a camera's ability. an 8MP point and shoot camera is not nearly comparable to an 8MP DSLR.

All you tech neophytes sef...I'm sure you think a 2005 Pentium 4 3.3Ghz is faster than a 2012 Core i7 CPU running at 2.3Ghz. cheesy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by texazzpete(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
candieangel12: So after waitin months for a new phone, I was stuck btwn purchasin d gs3 or gettin d iphone5. Well after reviewin d specs 4 both phones I hv 2 say dat d gs3 beat d iphone5 hands down. 2Day I finally went n boughtd gs3 4 $600 n I an in luv. I dont regret my decision at all. Dis phone is by far d best I hv used n I hv been an apple user frm day 1. D iphone5 cannot compare to d gs3 at all. D iphone 5 is not very much different dan d iphone 4s

Hmm...you compared specs, huh?

You have no idea which phone has a better camera. In fact, it's likely to be the iPhone because it's an improvement over the 4S...which was already neck-and-neck with the SGS III
You have no idea which phone has a better CPU. In fact, it's likely to be the iPhone if the rumors are true that the CPU used is the Cortex A-15.
You've got no idea on the exact GPU in the iPhone 5. It could actually be better than the GPU in the Quad core SGS III...especially if its the same quad core GPU in the new iPad...or even the first SGX 6 series GPU.

So I ask you...where did you 'review the specs' from?

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2012
candieangel12:

I have no arguments with you, I have seen your previous post and they are not worth arguing with, were you not the one who said iPhone 5 had 0.9mp camera in front? There you go.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Nobody is arguing the fact that Apple popularized the smartphone category. They made a success of the all touchscreen interface. No arguments there but that is old news now. The newer Samsung phones do not look like the iphone. Samsung has brought out innovative products and has expanded the meaning of the smartphone. This what is now. Apple should not rely on past glory, it will fade if not renewed.

O please Apple manufactures nothing! Even the A5 chip is made by Samsung! They are basically a design company. If they can't make an impact in design after 5 years it bears asking what they are doing in Cupertino.

Lol okay I agree with the fact that samsung has expanded the meaning of smartphones actually but I still don't get why people are angry with Apple, I just saw a list of Android phones that samsung, htc and motorola has made like 10 and my God! You would go 'what the hell were they thinking'? What if apple had not come around? Lol

And about the part of Apple not manufacturing their own Processor and what not, that's actully normal you know? Most laptops are finished by the company that brands it. In an Dell laptop or any laptop you would see HDD by Toshiba, RAM by Samsung, Ethernet Adapter by Brodcom and etc but you say want to buy a Dell laptop and not a Dell laptop of samsung RAM, toshiba laptop and etc, Samsung is a hardware company and they provide services to all company that needs them, am pretty sure if you breakdown a samsung phone you might see a Sharp LCD or something else there too.

There would always be competition for sure and am sure Apple's next phone wouldn't be as upsetting as people saw this iPhone 5. Its glory will definitely be renewed
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

The easy to use mantra is becoming old you know. Feature phones are easy to use but smartphone tech is becoming cheaper such that soon feature phones will be all but gone. The iOS should be wary of this because if they refuse to change up for fear of disruption they will fade.

No it's not getting old. And I will give you good examples.

1. Music (iTunes) argue all you want but iTunes is the world's best and most extensive music library ever and you know this, you can get any song you want on it if not for the state of piracy and under development in Africa that most of our artistes are not on iTunes, iOS makes it better, A new album from you artiste has just been released you just go over to your iTunes app, download and purchase it simple. 0.99cents max $3 for the album instead of illegally downloading it on torrent sites. Andriods don't do that, even if they do it's not seamless and trust me over here white people love their itunes library.

2. Videos (iTunes movies, Podcast, TV series and Music videos) so you see a video on tv and you like it, how then do you get it to your phone without downloading it through a website from your phone and you want HD quality without the hassle of websites and what not. Simple iTunes store, and the same apply to tv series that you love, download through iTunes store to your phone and same for Podcast which is my best part, most websites that offer podcast refer you to iTunes store mostly.

3. ICloud. (Lastly) Now after downloading all these things then you sync and have it on all your devices without transferring to your laptops or whatever first, so it goes on iTouch for your Kids, ipad for your husband or work and your phone or whatever the case maybe.

4. AppStore, WesternUnion, Fedex, DHL, British Airways, BMW diagnose app, Open heavens, Fuel Finder to mention a few of them, even though a number can be on andriod market, but it's mostly trusted on iOS due to the close monitoring of Apple and these developers in case something goes wrong.

Mehn these things have and will continue to make life easier o, sorry for typing too much jare. Lol.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by LordReed(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yeah I look forward to the next iphone.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2012
xcubed:
3. ICloud. (Lastly) Now after downloading all these things then you sync and have it on all your devices without transferring to your laptops or whatever first, so it goes on iTouch for your Kids, ipad for your husband or work and your phone or whatever the case maybe..

there's no store like the iTunes store and the iCloud has more potency than what you described above. with the iCloud now, you don't need to worry about your downloads that got lost/stolen with your device. just open your iTunes account and go to "purchase" and you can re-download every item you have bought from the itunes without paying for it!

the concept is so brilliant and very user friendly! i now download tv shows, delete it n send it to the cloud to make space for a new season....all my downloads are safe and cannot be stolen even if I lose my idevice. who in his right mind would then forfeit this incentive and become a fandroid? probably an illiterate apple user!
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by bukahands(m): 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
candieangel12:

Exactly really baseless, do u knw that apple buys part of their hardwares from samsung why don't they make all the hardware , making ur OS by urself or not is not a concern of this argument.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
bukahands:

Exactly really baseless, do u knw that apple buys part of their hardwares from samsung why don't they make all the hardware , making ur OS by urself or not is not a concern of this argument.

Oh really OS is not a concern? Well then what do I know, Operating System not being a main part of a phone.

So samsung makes their own hardware agreed, do they make the OS on the phone? Andriod OS, isn't it for Google? Please sir don't open your mouth in public anyhow to avoid embarrassment. A clear case of think twice before you talk.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by bukahands(m): 12:31am On Sep 16, 2012
xcubed:

Oh really OS is not a concern? Well then what do I know, Operating System not being a main part of a phone.

So samsung makes their own hardware agreed, do they make the OS on the phone? Andriod OS, isn't it for Google? Please sir don't open your mouth in public anyhow to avoid embarrassment. A clear case of think twice before you talk.

U got my point wrong I meant that the fact that the android OS is made by google and not samsung doesn't mean when we are comparing both OS we should be saying that apple is leading cos of the fact that they made the OS themselves, like the phone I mentioned earlier lumia920 its a nokia wp8 phone when I compare it with sg3 u compare the hardware and OS without ringing the fact that both OS are noth made by nokia and samsung

Ps- I MEANT NO DISRESPECT. Anybody can buy any phone he or she likes its all about choice.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:22am On Sep 16, 2012
coogar:

there's no store like the iTunes store and the iCloud has more potency than what you described above. with the iCloud now, you don't need to worry about your downloads that got lost/stolen with your device. just open your iTunes account and go to "purchase" and you can re-download every item you have bought from the itunes without paying for it!

the concept is so brilliant and very user friendly! i now download tv shows, delete it n send it to the cloud to make space for a new season....all my downloads are safe and cannot be stolen even if I lose my idevice. who in his right mind would then forfeit this incentive and become a fandroid? probably an illiterate apple user!

u seriously need to stop exhibiting ignorance. winmo 6 store could do this, virtually every appstore does this.

u seriously think syncing ur purchases and installs both paid and free is a feature worth trumpeting? dude, ask someone to let u touch a android phone for 10 minutes first na!!!

jeez this is painful. u dont really need to be embarrassing us all with this kind of statements
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by samir101ng(m): 5:11am On Sep 16, 2012
For me personally, i think am gonna get an Ipod Touch 32GB (Silver) $299. You get almost all the benefits of an Iphone without the high cost and unlocking/Jailbreaking wahala. But men, the unlocked Iphone 5 is expensive, here are the prices:

1. Iphone 5 16GB Unlocked - $649

2. Iphone 5 32GB Unlocked - $749

3. Iphone 5 64GB Unlocked - $849

As an average consumer on a tight budget and salary earner, i cannot justify spending that kind of dough on a phone that can be snatched from you by an AREA boy or any hoodlums lurking about. Using current dollar rates on GTB Internet Banking $1 = N157.77, the least Iphone 5 will cost you N102,392.73. Wow !! shocked shocked
Now that was at an official bank rate which is very hard to get. In the black market, its probably N160-163. This excludes the price of shipping it back to Nigeria or if your lucky get someone to bring it back for you. So, unless you are a high income earner or from a wealthy family, tough luck. Lastly, the Nano sim issue is a ball buster for the Nigerian fans. Microsims have just started to take off and now this !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Abrantie: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Mobile Phone Game ? / Naira Devaluation: Expect Price Hike, Telcos Tell Subscribers / How To Increase The Charging Rate Of Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.