Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? (22163 Views)

Leagoo Lead 5, A Quad-core Android 4.4 Smartphone / Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans / Is The Iphone 5 A Cheap Plastic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Freksy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
Remmyode: Dear Nlanders, I've read so much about the bashing of an Apple product on this forum in time past and I decided to share my opinion/experience about the iGadget. I'm not an advocate for high pricing mac product but I'm someone who loves gadget to a fault. Talking about phones, as much as I dislike the high pricing of iPhone/Mac products, that's how much I appreciate the DURABILITY of iPhones/ mac product. A lifes span of an iPhone/mac product is more than 6years if used 14hrs a day the way I do which gives it value for the money. I've used all sort of gadgets ranging from mp3, laptops, phones, games, cameras but the Mac experience stand out as other gadget will wornout before an Apple product. Before I bought my MacBook pro 2years ago, I used to change laptop every year but the experience has changed with Macbook pro. The system is still as intact as ever and I'm sure is going to take me to another 3years. Now buying a laptop for #150k every year for 6years and buyin a MacBook pro for #300k-400k for 6years which one is economically sensible? The thing is apple comes with a class and quality that other gadget marker has not match in recent innovation and that's why they will remain most patronised for years to some. iLike it or iLeave it!

Yes I like it
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Mannylex(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

personally, i have never been impressed with samsung. the body is plastic, it's fat and the software is substandard!

Guy are u high on crack or something? Galaxy S3, S2, Nexus, tab and all run on substandard software? shocked Or are u referring to the Samsung "blue face" era. SMH for you! You really can't compare an innovative samsung, wiv same of the same apple! Imagine a company producing similar kind of phone for over five years, with no much innovation!. Guy, Samsung is the best thing that has happened to smartphone lovers in a longwhile!

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Scarpon(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hugoboi:

Plese don't say what u don't know. The iPhone 5 comes with a retina display and 28MP camera

Pls kindly do research b4 u post something iphone comes with 12mp cam ok?
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by BlackBaron: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
Bit disappointing for most.

Wasn't expecting a lot. Waiting for the next.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by tboy1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
Apple failed with this iphone 5 release. An average user will not notice the difference between 5 and 4s, even with the larger screen.

Samsung & Nokia will definitely sell more phones this year

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Scarpon(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
BlackBaron: Bit disappointing for most.

Lwkmd
Iphone 10 noni
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by tboy1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2012

Lol grin
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Mannylex(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2012

lwkmd
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by ifeteminikan: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
Remmyode: Dear Nlanders, I've read so much about the bashing of an Apple product on this forum in time past and I decided to share my opinion/experience about the iGadget. I'm not an advocate for high pricing mac product but I'm someone who loves gadget to a fault. Talking about phones, as much as I dislike the high pricing of iPhone/Mac products, that's how much I appreciate the DURABILITY of iPhones/ mac product. A lifes span of an iPhone/mac product is more than 6years if used 14hrs a day the way I do which gives it value for the money. I've used all sort of gadgets ranging from mp3, laptops, phones, games, cameras but the Mac experience stand out as other gadget will wornout before an Apple product. Before I bought my MacBook pro 2years ago, I used to change laptop every year but the experience has changed with Macbook pro. The system is still as intact as ever and I'm sure is going to take me to another 3years. Now buying a laptop for #150k every year for 6years and buyin a MacBook pro for #300k-400k for 6years which one is economically sensible? The thing is apple comes with a class and quality that other gadget marker has not match in recent innovation and that's why they will remain most patronised for years to some. iLike it or iLeave it!

Remmymode, please how do you use office tools on your mac book, i downloaded a trial veersion of the iwork on mine and it has expired, dont know how to get the full version.. Kindly assist as i have virtually abandon it as a result of this.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Scarpon(m): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=coogar]

why do you need to swap batteries? shiny, glossy rubber case does not epitomise class![/ quote]
Dude i know what am talking about my sista use iphone 45 u need to see the wahala when the battery is down caring charger about that phone is not what stressing for me not to talk of naija neppa .secondly iron case does not define class. Is all about that what's inside. In igbo land we say ...... Lapo ife aredele nalo motor baye motor.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Scarpon(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

why do you need to swap batteries? shiny, glossy rubber case does not epitomise class!
Dude i know what am talking about my sista use iphone 45 u need to see the wahala when the battery is down caring charger about that phone is not what stressing for me not to talk of naija neppa .secondly iron case does not define class. Is all about that what's inside. In igbo land we say ...... Lapo ife aredele nalo motor baye motor.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
There is no need for comparisons, buy both Galaxy Note and iPhone 5. Use them and make both companies rich. Hey, did I forget to inform you that both companies know they are manipulating y'all for their selfish gains by staging a war and actually having no monumental innovations in latest releases ?

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by tboy1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2012

Not if they keep releasing the same product, adding what the average user will not even notice and on top of that, keep adding idiotic things like the new dock connector. They have stopped competing on innovation, rather they have become the bullies by suing competitors, no wonder their cases were dismissed everywhere except USA and we all know why they won that case there. They also spend significantly less on research than all their main competitors

Loyal fans waited for more than a year for yesterday's announcement and when finally announced, not one new technology was introduced. Apple, few years ago were number one in innovation & design and were known for its high quality for many years, now only the later is true as nothing new has been introduced by apple in a while (iphone,macbook,mac mini,time capsule, appletv and ipad)
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Remmyode(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
wandeay:
dont forget all new Samsung products now comes with 2 years warranty, if its no durable, they would hav just gave 1 year(normal warranty)

Guy, don't talk about warranty in Nigeria contest. I remember when I moved into the country in Dec 2010 and decided to go for LG electronics as the most friendly among other product. I bought over #800k worth and after just 6 month my fridge and vacuum cleaner parked up. When I called LG to check, they were full of excuses. The annoying part of it was that they don't attend to me anymore after first repair. I have to get a local technician to work a new condenser to a fridge that has 5years warranty with in-built condenser. Like a nokia phone I got for my mum at computer village too, it stops picking signals after like 4 months. I took it to the shop and the guy flashed it, after 3wks it's stoped working and nothing was done about the warranty. Pls don't talk about warranty in Nigeria. They only use it to attract consumers in their direction.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

why friday? why not now?
you want to compare the siri on ios-6 to google's voice search on jellybean? siri is now integrated with facebook, twitter, etc(you can update your status on those social media now with your voice)....google voice cannot do that! apps can now be opened with your voice on apple, google cannot muster that yet!

then notifications....apple can push notification to the lock screen....
itunes vs google play is no brainer.....apple has a store in almost every country in the world

then you look at the transition of the operating system from one upgrade to the other....apple users can get this easily but the jellybean fans are @ the mercy of their network providers. abeg, apple trumps jelly-bean, its not even funny!
I dont know where u got ur info from but i can do most of the things you noted with my S3 and i havent even upgraded to jellybean yet.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by ruthkufe: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
iphone 5 is in a class of its own. no competition
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by tboy1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
ruthkufe: iphone 5 is in a class of its own. no competition

Lol grin
You obviously have no clue what your are talking about

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Remmyode(m): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
ifeteminikan:

Remmymode, please how do you use office tools on your mac book, i downloaded a trial veersion of the iwork on mine and it has expired, dont know how to get the full version.. Kindly assist as i have virtually abandon it as a result of this.

Ifeteminikan, I think the problem you are having is about the trial version. I'll suggest you run a purchased version and all you will need to do is update over the Internet. You can always purchase it online if you have an itune account. Hope this information is helpful enough.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by ifeteminikan: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Remmyode:

Ifeteminikan, I think the problem you are having is about the trial version. I'll suggest you run a purchased version and all you will need to do is update over the Internet. You can always purchase it online if you have an itune account. Hope this information is helpful enough.

Yes i do have an itune account and it was indeed the trial version, am not sure of the purchasing part online as my internet connectivity is not that sound in the house, i wil check for Apple's office in lagos here and ask them to assist.

Thanks lot.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
tboy1: Apple failed with this iphone 5 release. An average user will not notice the difference between 5 and 4s, even with the larger screen.
Samsung & Nokia will definitely sell more phones this year

tboy, don't bet on it - besides, 4s was released 12 months ago, most people have more than 12 months on their contracts so this iphone 5 is for consumers on iphone 4(who are about completing their 24 mths contract)! is there a difference between iphone 4 and iphone 5?

A-town:

I dont know where u got ur info from but i can do most of the things you noted with my S3 and i havent even upgraded to jellybean yet.

jellybean is inferior to ios-6....it's not even debatable!

Mannylex:
Guy are u high on crack or something? Galaxy S3, S2, Nexus, tab and all run on substandard software? shocked Or are u referring to the Samsung "blue face" era. SMH for you! You really can't compare an innovative samsung, wiv same of the same apple! Imagine a company producing similar kind of phone for over five years, with no much innovation!. Guy, Samsung is the best thing that has happened to smartphone lovers in a longwhile!

you must be a fool!
how do you compare apple's iOS to what powers samsung? are you typing because you love the colour of your prints or you deliberately want to troll? in terms of speed, power and efficiency, samsung cannot hold a candle to apple in phone making...samsung should have stuck to making tvs!
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Bawss1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

Not! Jellybean is as good as a competition for iOS 6. I wonder where you got the evidence that the iOS6 is the best OS out there.

Why am I even bothering? All iFans make that assertion everyday

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by tboy1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:
tboy, don't bet on it - besides, 4s was released 12 months ago, most people have more than 12 months on their contracts so this iphone 5 is for consumers on iphone 4(who are about completing their 24 mths contract)! is there a difference between iphone 4 and iphone 5?

iphone 4 = 4 rows of icons
iphone 5 = 5 rows of icons

I'm guessing you know i'm an apple fan but they failed with this iphone 5 and i don't think anything interesting will be added to the 5s. Apple need to get their sh*t together!!! Please don't tell me you're planning to pick this or the 5s with your upgrade?
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Mannylex(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

you must be a fool!
how do you compare apple's iOS to what powers samsung? are you typing because you love the colour of your prints or you deliberately want to troll? in terms of speed, power and efficiency, samsung cannot hold a candle to apple in phone making...samsung should have stuck to making tvs!

iphone fanboy u are, u re a much more compound fool. A pig would always argue that a refuse bin is the best place to be!

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by na2day(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Did you see the Nokia Lumia 920 announcement? It has wireless charging, a "floating lens" camera, and a touchscreen that works with gloves. Those are 3 huge innovations every future phone is going to have. I think Apple's smartphone innovation it reaching a plateau.

If someone owns an iPhone 4s and buys this, there is a huge problem with that person tongue

4 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Mannylex(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
na2day!:
Did you see the Nokia Lumia 920 announcement? It has wireless charging, a "floating lens" camera, and a touchscreen that works with gloves. Those are 3 huge innovations every future phone is going to have. I think Apple's smartphone innovation it reaching a plateau.

If someone owns an iPhone 4s and buys this, there is a huge problem with that person tongue

Guy your head dey there! 1 like for u.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by na2day(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mannylex:

Guy your head dey there! 1 like for u.

Na so my brother!
people ought to leave this fanboyism and face reality,
The way apple is going now, they might need to bring Steve job back from the grave!

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by jmaine: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mannylex:

iphone fanboy u are, u re a much more compound fool. A pig would always argue that a refuse bin is the best place to be!

Na wao . . . .
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by na2day(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
Just check out the specs!

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by KingAyo300: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
Coogar's post is probably the most reasonable, I work with one of the operators in the UK (O2-Uk) as a privalige I get to test loads of phones before they are released grin grin grin, I got to test the S3 and thought it was brilliant but it crashed a few times, (europe did not get the 1.5GHZ version)I also Tested the HTC One X and to be honest I feel it's better than the S3. Didn't get to test the Lumia 920 but tested the 800 althought the phone was really good the app store was the downfall, which I also believe will be the downfall of the 920.

Although I have a 4s I will be getting a 5 (because as staff I get a really good deal grin grin grin) I think both phones are on par but people should stop trashing apple because they didn't bring anything revolutionary, the fact is either did Samsung grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
Apple out to have made that screen a 4.3" at least.

Unless factory unlocked models are released, I won't even consider the iphone 5. I'm sticking to the S3.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by UyiIredia(m): 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
I don't know the features of the iphone5 so I can't say yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unable To Make Calls On My Glo Line / Naira Devaluation: Expect Price Hike, Telcos Tell Subscribers / How To Increase The Charging Rate Of Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.