Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard (22299 Views)

Rejection Letter From Harvard University To An Intending Student (Photo) / Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why stressing the 'muslim' part?
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by dnawah(m): 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Another lost to the USA,they only take the best and use them to improve they technology.wish u well girl
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by FindOut(m): 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Donmeca: If we recycled waste the way we recycle news in this country, Lagos, Aba and Onitsha would be sparkling clean! For God's sake, this news is over 6 months old!!!

I am yet to read about a Nigerian who lives in Nigeria gaining an Ivy League admission at age 18, even 20. We need to start tackling d factors making us dull in our land and bright in d West

Go to MET Limited, or any of those study abroad agencies that organise SAT, TOEFL e.t.c. exams, you'll find some there. Students who gained admission to ivy league schools even before they clocked 18.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
This story is old!
I read it a long time ago. Why is this on the front page
The girl ay have even graduated now
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Tos87(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
shocked shocked SUre!!!!??

Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Tos87(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
shocked shocked SUre!!!!??....How it take corncern prize of loaf of bread.mtchewww!!!

Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by safarigirl(f): 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nigerain indeed. She probably doesn't even know what a Nigerian flag looks like, talk less the anthem. She's a bloody American people! It's not enough to have parents or be born in a place, you actually have to grow up there and form your ideologies from the things you see in that nation, before you can be a national. Btw, if her feat is not in the World record, why una dey celebrate other people product?
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
chizzy94: So?..wats so special about havard??no place like home!
Greatest Akokite!
You mean maulites grin
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
Sam Milla: Very good. Only that many things are clear.

She is brilliant.
She is from a rich or upper middle class family.
She does not live in Nigeria.

The above factors and many more works against many people who are far more brilliant. I am saying all that because we shouldnt sing so much of her praises.

I wish her goodluck though.

Great post! I actually thought a Nigerian student (from any of our secondary schools) made it to Harvard. The lady in question might actually be an American.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by cstan(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
thumbs up gal...more grease to your elbow! shocked
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Okijajuju1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
A Northern Muslim GIRL?!!!..

I am plesantly impressed and wish her the very best of the best.. angry
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by kaboninc(m): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
Whymee: When one of us wins a gold medal at the Olympics
They call us British, but when we do anything wrong
- then we are Muslims.

They creat our identity, we have no say in the matter.

Congratulating girl.

We can't even take pride in our strides, achievements and successes. But when it comes to vices, frauds, even our own people can't be rational. Congratulations girl.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Skywalker5(m): 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ricky_Ross: How or when did this girl become a Nigerian? Simply bc shes black?
We like to claim anything that has to do with success. If na cocaine she carry or 419 most of us will go tribalistic and this post will reach 10 pages under 1 hour.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by rbjimoh: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
dj187: After una go say awusa people no dey go skool
While I do not write simply to identify with the young lady because she is from my tribe, but I want to point your folly dude for assuming that because both her father and herself bear muslim names and so they must be Hausas. They are invariably not. Not at all. The father's name, Sarafa, is an islamic name peculiar only to the Yoruba muslims
While I do not write simply to identify with the young lady because she is from my tribe, but I want to point your folly dude for assuming that because both her father and herself bear muslim names and so they must be Hausas. They are invariably not. Not at all. The father's name, Sarafa, is an islamic name peculiar only to the Yoruba muslims
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by drzed: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
Typical comments from typical Nigerians.
Viewing, defining, evaluating and judging everything using tribe as the metrics and religion as the S.I. unit.

Even within the same religions, there is constant contest. Within the same tribe, clan and class differences emerge.
We are, socially, a very primitive bunch of homo sapiens, we Nigerians.

I tire for my people.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012

She is brilliant.

The above factors and many more works against many people who are far more brilliant. I am saying all that because we shouldnt sing so much of her praises.

Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012

She is brilliant.

+1000 likes
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by avalontony(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
ASUU no dey go strike for dia abi?
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by olaheavy: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Damn, see as the Igbo human eaters are pooh-pooing this Yoruba Americn Muslim woman's achievements. Had she borne an igbotic cannibalistic name you would have seen hundreds of the yinminrins trolling this thread screaming 'Igbo kwenu..'
@the r.etard that asked how the girl could be identiied with Nigeria, I've got to tell you that you're nothing but slowpoke. Yes, the girl is Muslim, Yoruba, and Nigerian American! It doesn't matter whether she was born in America or Nigeria, as long as both her parents are Nigerians she's a dual citizen of both countries. Millionsa of Igbo scoundrels were born in Yorubaland, who have never even visited the East once in their life. However, some of them do come on Nairaland to side with The Igbos and fight tribal wars with the Yoruba - their benefactors. Just imagine that! The other day, the Igbo cannibals were all over the Internet hifiving one another as they celebrated phantom membership of one stupid Igbo organization in New York into an obscure arm of the UNESCO. So, tell us, which oc hievement is laudable? The young that scored a perfect 800 in math or some drunken Igbo credit card fraudsters and hard drug syndicates in New York? Fvcking Igbo lunatic, wise up, father vcckers!

1 Like

Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by naturalwaves: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
!
Donmeca:
I am yet to read about a Nigerian who lives in Nigeria gaining an Ivy League admission at age 18, even 20. We need to start tackling d factors making us dull in our land and bright in d West

No sir. U are wrong,we av a couple of them. U can even google d name GREGORY UGWI as an example.He finished from Loyola Jesuit College,here in Nigeria and had a lot of the so called Ivy colleges on his neck after blasting his SAT exams.He eventually settled for Princeton University.Though,that is not to say that we are doing things right.We still need to seriously step up in Nigeria.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Alaafialoro(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
^^^@olaheavy.... U‘re such a slowpoke. I know ur type of person are cowards and never-do-well that believe that the internet is the only place to vent ur anger. U wrote many lines of BS thrashing ibos as if u ‘ve bn bitten by a dog. Ija kodola,oruko buruku lo maa fun eyan! Go get a life,bro..

1 Like

Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by zobasky24k(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
I was clearly NOT addressing you. I was OBVIOUSLY talking to the guy whose post I quoted.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by zobasky24k(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
I was clearly NOT addressing you. I was OBVIOUSLY talking to the guy whose post I quoted.
get away u..dont you know that this is a public thread.it dosn't matter who is taking to who...dis ur tak vex me die..al dis mumiez boy wey dey N'LAND.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
To think that you can apply to up to 13 schools can only be imagined here in Nigeria. When I applied for admission through JAMB back in the days, I only had two choices and the worst part of it was, you either gain admission into your first choice or just don't bother. So obviously, it's just one choice. How sad
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
zobasky24k:
get away u..dont you know that this is a public thread.it dosn't matter who is taking to who...dis ur tak vex me die..al dis mumiez boy wey dey N'LAND.
_
Then why the Bleep are you still alive posting shite on a "public thread"? Please do the world a favour and curl up somewhere and just die already.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by slyopez(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
olaheavy: Damn, see as the Igbo human eaters are pooh-pooing this Yoruba Americn Muslim woman's achievements. Had she borne an igbotic cannibalistic name you would have seen hundreds of the yinminrins trolling this thread screaming 'Igbo kwenu..'
@the r.etard that asked how the girl could be identiied with Nigeria, I've got to tell you that you're nothing but slowpoke. Yes, the girl is Muslim, Yoruba, and Nigerian American! It doesn't matter whether she was born in America or Nigeria, as long as both her parents are Nigerians she's a dual citizen of both countries. Millionsa of Igbo scoundrels were born in Yorubaland, who have never even visited the East once in their life. However, some of them do come on Nairaland to side with The Igbos and fight tribal wars with the Yoruba - their benefactors. Just imagine that! The other day, the Igbo cannibals were all over the Internet hifiving one another as they celebrated phantom membership of one stupid Igbo organization in New York into an obscure arm of the UNESCO. So, tell us, which oc hievement is laudable? The young that scored a perfect 800 in math or some drunken Igbo credit card fraudsters and hard drug syndicates in New York? Fvcking Igbo lunatic, wise up, father vcckers!
I think the Mods are blind 2 see this nonsense post n do justice by banninig this I.diat. mtchewww yeye dey smell.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by moshmusth(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
Na lie joor, ybe b saybna America everything dey happen. Pple no dey go skool for ethopia?
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Audukaya: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
Whymee: When one of us wins a gold medal at the Olympics
They call us British, but when we do anything wrong
- then we are Muslims.

They creat our identity, we have no say in the matter.

Congratulating girl.

may you live long bros.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by UyiIredia(m): 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
Great achievement ! I wish her all the best.
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Nosgidi(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Congrats to her.
If u have cash,what concerns you with Jamb,pume,admission list palava(E.g Uniben)...?
Money 2 good abeg....
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by phreakabit(m): 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Many parents dream of their children going to Harvard one day. But a [size=14pt]Muslim[/size] girl has actualised the goal of getting into the prestigious university at the age of 15!

Whoever wrote this article is an ape brained goat. Like really,was that even necessary?
Re: 15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard by Ezegozie(m): 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2012

She is brilliant.

your comment is ok. But we should sing her praises because even with the above factors, it is still not easy to secure admission in Harvard university @ the age of 15.

We have many people that are richer than her parents but still none of their children can be in that Harvard @ the age of 15.

I am sure that even you that is talking may not be there even if Obama is ur father.

In summary, I WILL SING HER PRAISES. Cos it is not easy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.