Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? (1190 Views)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / God Is Pleased With Only One Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by coolgeorge: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
I have being thinking about this; since it's possible for one to have more than one spiritual father or mother as the case may be. Is it biblical or acceptable to split your tithe (10%) say for instance into two parts and then pay into two different churches? Whats your opinion house?
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by solid3(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why dissipate ur energy (seed)? Concentrate your energy. Better still, if u feel thats what the Spirit of God is leading u to do, follow suit.
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by kodewrita(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
This is a personal opinion, I dont see why not. As long as you are going to pay the tithe in full(after the total of both payments).
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
coolgeorge: I have being thinking about this; since it's possible for one to have more than one spiritual father or mother as the case may be. Is it biblical or acceptable to split your tithe (10%) say for instance into two parts and then pay into two different churches? Whats your opinion house?

What is this NONSENSE called 'spiritual father or mother' angry angry Do you read your bible or just follow your pastor ?

Also who told you to pay tithes , where is it in the bible.

Sheeple, arghhh cheesy
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by free123: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
op look around, u must see one or two neighbours that are in need or even beggars. u can help them with such money

1 Like

Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by truthislight: 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
frosbel:

What is this NONSENSE called 'spiritual father or mother' angry angry Do you read your bible or just follow your pastor ?

Sheeple, arghhh cheesy

the op is already in the bushes.

Which tith? Are you under the mosaic law?

Christian giving is voluntary, no compulsion or Tithing.
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by slimming: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
kodewrita: This is a personal opinion, I dont see why not. As long as you are going to pay the tithe in full(after the total of both payments).
supported
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by dorox(m): 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
You should ask your pastor for advice regarding this issue considering the fact that his revenue stream is likely to be negetively impacted especially when more of his herds start adopting this practice of sharing tithe.
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by OmoAlata(f): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
coolgeorge: Is it biblical or acceptable to split your tithe (10%) say for instance into two parts and then pay into two different churches? Whats your opinion house?

I would if I had to wink
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by kodewrita(m): 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
dorox: You should ask your pastor for advice regarding this issue considering the fact that his revenue stream is likely to be negetively impacted especially when more of his herds start adopting this practice of sharing tithe.
and of course ask the car dealer if his rival's car is a good buy.

1 Like

Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by tracyxx: 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
truthislight:

the op is already in the bushes.

Which tith? Are you under the mosaic law?

Christian giving is voluntary, no compulsion or Tithing.

seriouly!!! Are u christains? Voluntry giving is different from tithing and even offering.While givin of tithe is in d bible
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
This question in this thread was just dumb I'm sorry
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by Bella3(f): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
free123: op look around, u must see one or two neighbours that are in need or even beggars. u can help them with such money
may God bles u and make u wiser unto salvation.
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by dorox(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
jacobscros: This question in this thread was just dumb I'm sorry
On the contrary i think it is a very good question especially for those who believe in tithing. If you accept his premise that one can have more than one 'spiritual father' or be active in more than one church then it makes sense to ask if the tithe can be split between both pastors in whatever percentage the mugu feels led by the 'spirit'
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:31am On Sep 14, 2012
If you insist of paying tithe, why don't you give it to a motherless babies home or something where it can be put to good use? Giving money to church is worse than flushing it down the toilet because it gets used to deceive others, litter the streets with ugly posters and fliers, and make noise in the middle of the night. If you flush the money, you don't disturb anybody else and at least you get some manure out of it later on.

Also, WTF is a spiritual father? Is it similar to the spirit wives they keep mentioning in home videos?
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by truthislight: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
tracyxx: seriouly!!! Are u christains? Voluntry giving is different from tithing and even offering.While givin of tithe is in d bible

it is a pity.

Sorry!
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by PastorKun(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
tracyxx: seriouly!!! Are u christains? Voluntry giving is different from tithing and even offering.While givin of tithe is in d bible

You are obviously one of the victims of this false tithing doctrine. Christians are not meant to tithe. If you wish to know more on the subject. Kindly ask your questions here.
Re: TITHING: Can One Split The 10% And Pay Into More Than One Church? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel:

Sheeple, arghhh cheesy
when u see frosbel's post u must know. 'Spiritual father' wow didnt u see that paul called timothy is son? Infact i recalled him saying "i fathered u". Or u neva read ur bible reach there?

(1) (Reply)

Dr Zakir Muhammad Naik Live @ The National Stadium, Surulere / Christianity: My Journey So Far By Ijabla Raymond / NASA: Message Of God Found On Mars!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.