Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,426 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23816 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ciphoenix: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2012
tobechi20: Do u think that science is more accurate than bible?
although the bible isn't a science textbook, when it touches on matters of science its always accurate.{e.g shape and position of the earth long before scientists found out}
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: You must be joking...Sumerian Tablets are older than biblical writting..

I didn't say the Bible is just the oldest book, but the oldest book that contains the latest news. The difference is that one came from men, while the greater one came by God.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Kay17: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2012
^^
What makes u conclude that its from God?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2012
Kay 17: ^^
What makes u conclude that its from God?

Because when you reconcile yourself to God and ask something from Him according to His words in prayer, He answers. What proof do you need again?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by storylad(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45: Mr Man Stop lying who was ultimately persecuted by the church when he shattered the belief that the earth was the centre of the universe? The earth is not round as the bible tries to claim its a sphere.. who was to blame during the bubonic plague? wasnt the church saying that god told them that men was bieng punished for sin? I dey laugh at the bolded..What did science do in the spanish plague?
are u talking about d bible or d church. whats's d differnece btwn round n sphere...pls share wit me.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by storylad(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2012
lekkie073: this storylad has some loose nuts ob his head o. who championed d belief dat d earth was flat? ans....the church.
who championed d course dat it was not flat? galileo....a scientist.
abi u don dey high on gbana ni?
lets see who has nuts up his head...is it d bible we are talking abt or d church...dnt confuse urself
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2012
Kay 17: What is the possible consequence of a stagnant Sun to Earth, other than nothing, thus betraying Joshua's ignorance of astronomy.

I wonder...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

I didn't say the Bible is just the oldest book, but the oldest book that contains the latest news. The difference is that one came from men, while the greater one came by God.

What news that the Sumerians didn't say already?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2012
storylad: are u talking about d bible or d church. whats's d differnece btwn round n sphere...pls share wit me.

Round: The shape of a closed curve with no sharp corners

Sphere: is a perfectly round geometrical object in three-dimensional space, such as the shape of a round ball.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

If didn't claim a day is missing or added. What I want you to know is that the 1/4 days that resulted from what happened in Joshua's days was what led to the additional 0.25 days we have today, and which resulted into a day added in a leap year.

If i was your geography teacher i will go and hang myself....I can't someone can be this thick
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Freksy(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2012
Oyawuni: to me,the bible is not totally accurate.
Reason been that,it was written by persons who had selfish intentions.
So many faacts and truth were removed.
To me,with little faith science is more accurate.

Scientists have long believed that the earth revolved around the sun, which was stationary. This caused them to scoff at the following verses which, they said, taught the opposite…

"Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world.In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end;And there is nothing hidden from its heat". -Psalms 19:4-6 (NKJV)

However it was later discovered that the sun is in fact moving through space at an average velocity of 828,000 km/hr. It is traveling through the heavens and has a "circuit", just as the Bible says. It is estimated that its circuit is so large, it would take 230 million years to complete one orbit.

This discovery is very recent when compared to when Psalm 19:4-6 was written......more than 2000 years ago.

Oyawuni, the bible is not a science textbook, but it's almost always ahead of man whenever it deals on scientific issues.

Please note, when God created man, He never said they should not explore the universe and discover what He has in stored for them, provided they do not go contrary to His will, like what Nimrod and his men attempted to do many many years ago.

Man is creative simply because God created man in His image.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2012
charloski: na wa ooo..... this mkmyers45 of a guy self... i dont understand oo!!, so u still dey drag for this issue since yesterday,..... if u know that science is better that ur quran fine by me..... ut what i know is that, My BIBLE is far far far far accurate than science...shekina !! wink wink wink

who be this one....Qu'ran is worst mah...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2012
Kay 17: What is the possible consequence of a stagnant Sun to Earth, other than nothing, thus betraying Joshua's ignorance of astronomy.

no, rather, your own ignorance.

The man needed to see and ensure that the battle was conclusive.

What that needed to stop was the spinning of the earth on it axis so that the battle ground will continue to face the sun.

But since the bible was and is not a science text book but was written for all mankind to read and make sense of, then the choices of words used in the bible for ease of understanding by "all sort" of people.

Read the bible first so that when you speak you will be saying as an informed person.
Peace.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by 2good(m): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Hey Mr. Scientist/Engineer, the earth revolution around the Sun was normal until the day of the battle. There's nothing ignorant in what I wrote. For instance, it's just like how a permanent increase in cost price of a product affects the selling price, the extra cost has to be added. Do you get it?

Ok if thats the case, then using biblical time and assuming that Joshua lived like 5000 years ago, then we've had an extra 5000*0.25=1250 years extra to take care of the period that Joshua stopped the Sun. Does that still make sense to you? And also when will that 1/4 of a year that was lost, stop being compensated for? Use your brain bro and stop reposting something you were told by your pastor.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by KOLLYDAP: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2012
This is an evil thought in the first place.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by 2good(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2012
Roon9:
U̶̲̥̅̊ ӑ learned man apparently, sir cn U̶̲̥̅̊ xplain 2 ♍ƺ scientifically hw D̶̲̥̅̊ information in D̶̲̥̅̊ DNA got dia.
Cn U̶̲̥̅̊ prove D̶̲̥̅̊ evolution theory on paper.
Hav U̶̲̥̅̊ nevr in ur life had xperiences that defiles human xplanation
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ honestly think dt LIFE ends @ DEATH.... Ponder on these sir. Seun make una bring muslim or budha own com make we judge now.

I have experienced alot of things that defies human explanation and accept ignorance on such subject matters pending when I have the exact evidence to back up my claims. Religion on the other hand tell you to throw away your brain and accept by faith even if it is the dumbest reasoning there is. That's the difference between me and you. I am open to learning and do alot of research into any thing new to me. But you have practically shut your brain to reason as long as your biblical myth or pastors tells you to do so.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by demmie1: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2012
the Bible is as accurate as a myth. science is as accurate as a fact.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2012
bobbyr: My wife leg got swollen for seven good month. in and out of hospital no solution i could'nt stand her night cries she had to stop taking her drugs, we turn to God in prayers and she's wel now i mean completly free. I also had cough that refuse to go for two month upon al the drug i had to cry to God in prayer i 'm completly freed. My testimony has answer your question.

What has your testimony got to do with question? nobody is questioning the power of God but the accuracy of the Bible
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by demmie1: 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
Freksy:

Scientists have long believed that the earth revolved around the sun, which was stationary. This caused them to scoff at the following verses which, they said, taught the opposite…

"Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world.In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end;And there is nothing hidden from its heat". -Psalms 19:4-6 (NKJV)

However it was later discovered that the sun is in fact moving through space at an average velocity of 828,000 km/hr. It is traveling through the heavens and has a "circuit", just as the Bible says. It is estimated that its circuit is so large, it would take 230 million years to complete one orbit.

This discovery is very recent when compared to when Psalm 19:4-6 was written......more than 2000 years ago.

Oyawuni, the bible is not a science textbook, but it's almost always ahead of man whenever it deals on scientific issues.

Please note, when God created man, He never said they should not explore the universe and discover what He has in stored for them, provided they do not go contrary to His will, like what Nimrod and his men attempted to do many many years ago.

Man is creative simply because God created man in His image.

bro, their is no circuit in Hebrew. go and check direct translations from JWs.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by TalkingBird: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
thehomer: The Bible is a collection of stories and myths. Science is a tool we use to understand the universe we find ourselves. They cannot be compared.

The Bible does not just contain stories and myths.
HARMONIOUS AND ACCURATE
The Bible was written over a 1,600-year period. Its writers lived at different times and came from many walks of life. Some were farmers, fishermen, and shepherds. Others were prophets, judges, and kings. The Gospel writer Luke was a doctor. Despite the varied backgrounds of its writers, the Bible is harmonious from beginning to end.
The first book of the Bible tells us how mankind’s problems began. The last book shows that the whole earth will become a paradise, or garden. All the material in the Bible covers thousands of years of history and relates in some way to the unfolding of God’s purpose. The harmony of the Bible is impressive, but that is what we would expect of a book from God.
The Bible is scientifically accurate. It even contains information that was far ahead of its time. For example, the book of Leviticus contained laws for ancient Israel on quarantine and hygiene when surrounding nations knew nothing about such matters. At a time when there were wrong ideas about the shape of the earth, the Bible referred to it as a circle, or sphere. (Isaiah 40:22) The Bible accurately said that the earth ‘hangs on nothing.’ (Job 26:7) Of course, the Bible is not a science textbook. But when it touches on scientific matters, it is accurate. Is this not what we would expect of a book from God?
The Bible is also historically accurate and reliable. Its accounts are specific. They include not only the names but also the ancestry of individuals. In contrast to secular historians, who often do not mention the defeats of their own people, Bible writers were honest, even recording their own failings and those of their nation. In the Bible book of Numbers, for instance, the writer Moses admits his own serious error for which he was severely reproved. (Numbers 20:2-12) Such honesty is rare in other historical accounts but is found in the Bible because it is a book from God.
A BOOK OF PRACTICAL WISDOM
Because the Bible is inspired of God, it is “beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight.” (2 Timothy 3:16) Yes, the Bible is a practical book. It reflects a keen understanding of human nature. No wonder, for its Author, Jehovah God, is the Creator! He understands our thinking and emotions better than we do. Furthermore, Jehovah knows what we need in order to be happy. He also knows what pathways we should avoid.
Consider Jesus’ speech called the Sermon on the Mount, recorded in Matthew chapters 5 to 7. In this masterpiece of teaching, Jesus spoke on a number of topics, including the way to find true happiness, how to settle disputes, how to pray, and how to have the proper view of material things. Jesus’ words are just as powerful and practical today as they were when he spoke them.
Some Bible principles deal with family life, work habits, and relationships with others. The Bible’s principles apply to all people, and its counsel is always beneficial. The wisdom found in the Bible is summarized by God’s words through the prophet Isaiah: “I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself.”—Isaiah 48:17.
A BOOK OF PROPHECY
The Bible contains numerous prophecies, many of which have already been fulfilled. Consider an example. Through the prophet Isaiah, who lived in the eighth century B.C.E., Jehovah foretold that the city of Babylon would be destroyed. (Isaiah 13:19; 14:22, 23) Details were given to show just how this would happen. Invading armies would dry up Babylon’s river and march into the city without a battle. That is not all. Isaiah’s prophecy even named the king who would conquer Babylon—Cyrus.—Isaiah 44:27–45:2.
Some 200 years later—on the night of October 5/6, 539 B.C.E.—an army encamped near Babylon. Who was its commander? A Persian king named Cyrus. The stage was thus set for the fulfillment of an amazing prophecy. But would the army of Cyrus invade Babylon without a battle, as foretold?
The Babylonians were holding a festival that night and felt secure behind their massive city walls. Meanwhile, Cyrus cleverly diverted the water of the river that flowed through the city. Soon the water was shallow enough for his men to cross the riverbed and approach the walls of the city. But how would Cyrus’ army get past Babylon’s walls? For some reason, on that night the doors to the city were carelessly left open!
Regarding Babylon, it was foretold: “She will never be inhabited, nor will she reside for generation after generation. And there the Arab will not pitch his tent, and no shepherds will let their flocks lie down there.” (Isaiah 13:20) This prophecy did more than predict a city’s fall. It showed that Babylon would be desolated permanently. You can see evidence of the fulfillment of these words. The uninhabited site of ancient Babylon—about 50 miles [80 km] south of Baghdad, Iraq—is proof that what Jehovah spoke through Isaiah has been fulfilled: “I will sweep her with the broom of annihilation.”—Isaiah 14:22, 23.
Considering how the Bible is a book of reliable prophecy is faith strengthening, is it not? After all, if Jehovah God has fulfilled his past promises, we have every reason to be confident that he will also fulfill his promise of a paradise earth. (Numbers 23:19) Indeed, we have “hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting.”—Titus 1:2.
“THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE”
From what we have considered in this chapter, it is clear that the Bible is truly a unique book. Yet, its value extends far beyond its internal harmony, scientific and historical accuracy, practical wisdom, and reliable prophecy. The Christian apostle Paul wrote: “The word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and their marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.”—Hebrews 4:12.
Reading God’s “word,” or message, in the Bible can change our life. It can help us to examine ourselves as never before. We may claim to love God, but how we react to what his inspired Word, the Bible, teaches will reveal our true thoughts, even the very intentions of the heart.
The Bible truly is a book from God. It is a book that is to be read, studied, and loved. Show your gratitude for this divine gift by continuing to peer into its contents. As you do so, you will gain a deep appreciation of God’s purpose for mankind.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
The Bible is really the life and times of the Jews. It was the account of the world written from the point of view of the Jews. They biased it so much and declared themselves the chosen ones.

When I speak to some of these hook line and sinker bible believing christians, they can never give a good a explanation on why according to the bible, God will choose to favour one set of his children against the others, going so far as killing all the first born of the children of Egypt. All of a sudden , this God now changes in the new testament and becomes the God of love and turning the other cheek. Meanhwile they always tell me that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. is this accurate?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
Omoswags: BE CAREFUL WHAT U SAY ABOUT D BIBLE... EXCEPT U HAVE A WISH OF DYING SOON... SEUN PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.. EXCEPT U'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN, WHICH I ALREADY SUSPECT.

so there are no christiand that die at young age? Stop scare mongering
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
TalkingBird:

HARMONIOUS AND ACCURATE
The Bible was written over a 1,600-year period. Its writers lived at different times and came from many walks of life. Some were farmers, fishermen, and shepherds. Others were prophets, judges, and kings. The Gospel writer Luke was a doctor. Despite the varied backgrounds of its writers, the Bible is harmonious from beginning to end.
The first book of the Bible tells us how mankind’s problems began. The last book shows that the whole earth will become a paradise, or garden. All the material in the Bible covers thousands of years of history and relates in some way to the unfolding of God’s purpose. The harmony of the Bible is impressive, but that is what we would expect of a book from God.
The Bible is scientifically accurate. It even contains information that was far ahead of its time. For example, the book of Leviticus contained laws for ancient Israel on quarantine and hygiene when surrounding nations knew nothing about such matters. At a time when there were wrong ideas about the shape of the earth, the Bible referred to it as a circle, or sphere. (Isaiah 40:22) The Bible accurately said that the earth ‘hangs on nothing.’ (Job 26:7) Of course, the Bible is not a science textbook. But when it touches on scientific matters, it is accurate. Is this not what we would expect of a book from God?

The Egyptian were well vast in Mathematics and Medicine at that time....

How can the earth hang on nothingness? Is that logically valid?

I sam 2: 8 "He raises the poor from the dust, He lifts the needy from the ash heap To make them sit with nobles, And inherit a seat of honor; For the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, And He set the world on them.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
damilarelr:

Because when you reconcile yourself to God and ask something from Him according to His words in prayer, He answers. What proof do you need again?

ask sango worshipers if sango answers prayer. pls give a more concrete reason
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
TalkingBird:

HARMONIOUS AND ACCURATE
The Bible is also historically accurate and reliable. Its accounts are specific. They include not only the names but also the ancestry of individuals. In contrast to secular historians, who often do not mention the defeats of their own people, Bible writers were honest, even recording their own failings and those of their nation. In the Bible book of Numbers, for instance, the writer Moses admits his own serious error for which he was severely reproved. (Numbers 20:2-12) Such honesty is rare in other historical accounts but is found in the Bible because it is a book from God.
A BOOK OF PRACTICAL WISDOM
Because the Bible is inspired of God, it is “beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight.” (2 Timothy 3:16) Yes, the Bible is a practical book. It reflects a keen understanding of human nature. No wonder, for its Author, Jehovah God, is the Creator! He understands our thinking and emotions better than we do. Furthermore, Jehovah knows what we need in order to be happy. He also knows what pathways we should avoid.
Consider Jesus’ speech called the Sermon on the Mount, recorded in Matthew chapters 5 to 7. In this masterpiece of teaching, Jesus spoke on a number of topics, including the way to find true happiness, how to settle disputes, how to pray, and how to have the proper view of material things. Jesus’ words are just as powerful and practical today as they were when he spoke them.
Some Bible principles deal with family life, work habits, and relationships with others. The Bible’s principles apply to all people, and its counsel is always beneficial. The wisdom found in the Bible is summarized by God’s words through the prophet Isaiah: “I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself.”—Isaiah 48:17.
A BOOK OF PROPHECY
The Bible contains numerous prophecies, many of which have already been fulfilled. Consider an example. Through the prophet Isaiah, who lived in the eighth century B.C.E., Jehovah foretold that the city of Babylon would be destroyed. (Isaiah 13:19; 14:22, 23) Details were given to show just how this would happen. Invading armies would dry up Babylon’s river and march into the city without a battle. That is not all. Isaiah’s prophecy even named the king who would conquer Babylon—Cyrus.—Isaiah 44:27–45:2.
Some 200 years later—on the night of October 5/6, 539 B.C.E.—an army encamped near Babylon. Who was its commander? A Persian king named Cyrus. The stage was thus set for the fulfillment of an amazing prophecy. But would the army of Cyrus invade Babylon without a battle, as foretold?
The Babylonians were holding a festival that night and felt secure behind their massive city walls. Meanwhile, Cyrus cleverly diverted the water of the river that flowed through the city. Soon the water was shallow enough for his men to cross the riverbed and approach the walls of the city. But how would Cyrus’ army get past Babylon’s walls? For some reason, on that night the doors to the city were carelessly left open!
Regarding Babylon, it was foretold: “She will never be inhabited, nor will she reside for generation after generation. And there the Arab will not pitch his tent, and no shepherds will let their flocks lie down there.” (Isaiah 13:20) This prophecy did more than predict a city’s fall. It showed that Babylon would be desolated permanently. You can see evidence of the fulfillment of these words. The uninhabited site of ancient Babylon—about 50 miles [80 km] south of Baghdad, Iraq—is proof that what Jehovah spoke through Isaiah has been fulfilled: “I will sweep her with the broom of annihilation.”—Isaiah 14:22, 23.
Considering how the Bible is a book of reliable prophecy is faith strengthening, is it not? After all, if Jehovah God has fulfilled his past promises, we have every reason to be confident that he will also fulfill his promise of a paradise earth. (Numbers 23:19) Indeed, we have “hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting.”—Titus 1:2.
“THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE”
From what we have considered in this chapter, it is clear that the Bible is truly a unique book. Yet, its value extends far beyond its internal harmony, scientific and historical accuracy, practical wisdom, and reliable prophecy. The Christian apostle Paul wrote: “The word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and their marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.”—Hebrews 4:12.
Reading God’s “word,” or message, in the Bible can change our life. It can help us to examine ourselves as never before. We may claim to love God, but how we react to what his inspired Word, the Bible, teaches will reveal our true thoughts, even the very intentions of the heart.
The Bible truly is a book from God. It is a book that is to be read, studied, and loved. Show your gratitude for this divine gift by continuing to peer into its contents. As you do so, you will gain a deep appreciation of God’s purpose for mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by phantasm(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
manmustwac: So how old is this planet according to the bible then 6 to 10'000 years? undecided While science give a more accurate description like 4 billion years

Contrary to what you think, the bible gives more than an accurate information on that. It says in Genesis (and if you care to, confirm) "in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." after that, it futher says "and the earth proved to be formless and empty... ." That implies one thing: The earth has long been created before the "6 day" creative periods. And the "days" mentioned is not literal nor 6000years; the root Hebrew word translated day in the Genesis accounts indicated "a time period", "a season in time" etc....

And Science has proven all this to be accurate. For example:
- Science confirms with evidence that the planet has existed before any trace of the existence of life

- Science even disproves evolution when it accounts that contrary to what evolutionary scientists claim, Available Evidences imply that Life suddenly appears- uniquely defined and sudden -at different ranges of time and NOT that simpler lives evolved to complex ones...

The Bible is actually compatible with true Science(ie Science based on evidence and truth).
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2012
phantasm:

Contrary to what you think, the bible gives more than an accurate information on that. It says in Genesis (and if you care to, confirm) "in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." after that, it futher says "and the earth proved to be formless and empty... ." That implies one thing: The earth has long been created before the "6 day" creative periods. And the "days" mentioned is not literal nor 6000years; the root Hebrew word translated day in the Genesis accounts indicated "a time period", "a season in time" etc....

And Science has proven all this to be accurate. For example:
- Science confirms with evidence that the planet has existed before any trace of the existence of life

- Science even disproves evolution when it accounts that contrary to what evolutionary scientists claim, Available Evidences imply that Life suddenly appears- uniquely defined and sudden -at different ranges of time and NOT that simpler lives evolved to complex ones...

The Bible is actually compatible with true Science(ie Science based on evidence and truth).

Are you suggesting a gap theory?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by phantasm(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45:

The Egyptian were well vast in Mathematics and Medicine at that time....

How can the earth hang on nothingness? Is that logically valid?

I sam 2: 8 "He raises the poor from the dust, He lifts the needy from the ash heap To make them sit with nobles, And inherit a seat of honor; For the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, And He set the world on them.

Who is the Lord? What came into existence without "through the Lord"? If nothing is your answer to the second question, then, What does the Bible imply when it says the world hangs on nothing; And, ''that the pillars of the earth are the lord's"?

Is not through the Lord that the laws of Nature were set? And who makes the world hangs on nothing but setting and applying the law of gravity?
Is it then wrong to say "the Lord" who sets the laws of gravity and hangs the earth over nothing is not the pillar? Have you ever considered how the force of gravity is maintained?
The one who sets and maintains those powerful laws is the pillar- but he sets the world over nothing (physical). which is so true expecially in the age where it was believed that the earth hangs on many stuffs like a giant Tortoise, Elephants etc.

What you Just said only supports the fact you quoted and aimed to proove wrong... Please, look at the context before disproving anything. Its wrong to jump into conclusions without verification of matters. Give evidence that support your claims and not those that supports your "opponent's" claim.....
Don't make this mistake in a court of law.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by TalkingBird: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
bermuda1: The Bible is really the life and times of the Jews. It was the account of the world written from the point of view of the Jews. They biased it so much and declared themselves the chosen ones.

When I speak to some of these hook line and sinker bible believing christians, they can never give a good a explanation on why according to the bible, God will choose to favour one set of his children against the others, going so far as killing all the first born of the children of Egypt. All of a sudden , this God now changes in the new testament and becomes the God of love and turning the other cheek. Meanhwile they always tell me that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. is this accurate?

They big question is can the Bible be trusted? Please read the post before your post above.

However, Isreal was chosen to show case the superiority of theocratic governance. Much like a biologist will use a Guinea pig to show proof of the efficacy of a drug.
Also there was need for Gen. 3:15 to be fulfilled. God's means of solving the problem of man' rebellion. For the seed to appear there was need for him to come from a linage which must be protected. So the Almighty God, chose a nation and when they typical of human imperfect nature, rejected God's rulership, he abandoned them. Although the ransom made available was for all of mankind, they, the Isrealites were to be the source for Christ associate rulers, a privelege which they lost when they rejected Christ.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45:

What news that the Sumerians didn't say already?

What's the latest word event on the tablet (about God and man)?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
mkmyers45:

If i was your geography teacher i will go and hang myself....I can't someone can be this thick

Don't hang yourself yet until you find the truth. Do away with facts, Science is just there to explain/prove the acts of God through men as recorded in the Bible.

That battle day was not 24 hours..but 30 hours. The extra 6 hours had to be summed up every 4 years to make 1 day, usually added to a leap year, hence 365 1/4 days in a year. If you don't get it now, I can't explain any further.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
2good:

Ok if thats the case, then using biblical time and assuming that Joshua lived like 5000 years ago, then we've had an extra 5000*0.25=1250 years extra to take care of the period that Joshua stopped the Sun. Does that still make sense to you? And also when will that 1/4 of a year that was lost, stop being compensated for? Use your brain bro and stop reposting something you were told by your pastor.

That battle day was not 24 hours..but 30 hours. The extra 6 hours had to be summed up every 4 years to make 1 day, usually added to a leap year, hence the 365 1/4 days in a year. If you don't get it now, I can't explain any further.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

I Had A Blood Convenant With My Girlfriend / My Experience With Fasting / Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.