Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23760 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by nathdim: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
Then which should we believe in is it d bible which says Jesus is d way (which means over one billion Muslims are going 2 hell )or d quoran who see Jesus as a prophet which means over 2billion people are also 2 hell frm wat I can see Christianity is a product of d Roman empire
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
I tink we hav spent more tyme ataking and defendin d bible? Y shouldnt we talk more about science? Has science bin hundrd percent acurate?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Kay17: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
thelastPope:

Actually, create, make and form are different. Take off your glasses and read genesis 1 and 2 again. You will see it clearly. God created man in chapter 1. In chapter 2, it said clearly that there was no man to till the ground after man was already created in Chapter 1. Then God formed man from the dust. It is actually very clear. Then God breathed into man and man came alive. That signifying man was originally in spirit form. Read it again.
More conjecture
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by kmariko: 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
kingphemy:

1. God created Adam and Eve. And they have children.
2. Inbreeding isnt a proper word. Bible is full of instances where family members marry eachother. Incest is a modern word.
3. Adam is none of those. He is a human. Better still a man. Skin pigmentation apparrently occurs as a result of location. Go to a cold clime for ten years without stepping in the sun once. Your skin will be lighter. Imagine that over many years.
4. Quite possible. Geologically, the earth was a single mass. No separation. Look at a atlas today. The continents fit. Just like a puzzle.
5. Depends on whether you are talking of the new or old Testaments. Are the chinese from outer space? Remember, humans were scattered to all corners of the earth. A thousand years in the eyes of God is just like a day. The bible cant account for every occurrences on the earth. It enlightened us on those accounts that are for our spiritual nourishment.
6. Did your own bible tell you that Adam wrote about his life in Eden? It was revealed to one of God's prophet. Moses.
7. God was there. And it was revealed to Moses. Divine revelation.
8. What was your question?
9. Who told you one language is more older than another? The bible you read? Different languages arises during the Tower of Babel history. Accepted, one can be older because language evolve, sorry, develop. The Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa language of yesteryears is much different and difficult for modern users. Language is dynamic.
10. There is only one God. "Thou shall not worship any other gods except me". Any other gods are fake gods that cant talk, hear, eat, walk, breathe and even excrete! Is Chukwu, Olorun not the same God? One true God exists in different languages.
11. God created everything. Those civilisations are just like any other civilisations. Roman, Greek, Anglo, Bantu, Sudan, Indian, Incas, and Aztecas are civilisations existing in different period.
12. It doesnt mention 'separation of gowandaland' but it does mention the occurrences of the ground shaking, earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural phenomenon. Geologically, your so called 'separation' can be/is as a result of those tectonic activities like earthquakes etc.
13. Consumed? Well, because it is the source of old and modern religion. Christanity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism to mention a few.
Finally, believe in God and read your Bible or Quran. Believe is Faith is Religion.

1. So inbreeding is not the correct word ok., then all the children that originated from Adam will have the same DNA regardless. right. How come my DNA has no relationship with anyone in the middle East.
2. So what is Adam a metrosexual an andromorphous been who is indescribleable. IS he short, 5ft, 6ft 10 ft?
3. In what year was the Tower of Babel destroyed, how many people were living in this Tower. And how large is it compared to Petronas building of Malaysia.
4. So your God of the Bible does campaign that you only follow him because he does not like the competition from other capable gods,; more like election campaign. Why does he have to work so hard to make you like him even to the point of threat of death. Chukwu and Oloru are not the same God, the Ibos worship several gods. traditionally they are not Monoetheists but polytheist.
5.Quoting science to prove your bible , not the other way round .,., interesting.
6. I dont have a bible . used to but not anymore, sorry. So your god taught Moses how to read and write in a different language away from that of his benefactors if I follow your bible right. Then there are several languages before the Tower of Babel. which is it then languages developed before Tower of Babel or After.
7.if those civilisation were his creations - did he/she do that before he/she broke up the Gowandaland or after. If before as you implied on the earth being on mass and everyone came from that location, the other civilisation no matter their evolution will have to retain enough of the "older" your bible god created civilisation. And they themselves will also be monotheists. And what does any other civilisation mean , if all civilisations are the same then there should not be much disagreement on earth today , should there.

8. The believe in one god is principally a middle eastern concept not the concept the rest of the world follows.,.,

9. Finally, Buddhism and Sikhism did not develop from the middle east, please check your records. BTW my village did have a religion before the advent of the middle eastern religions and I will have to believe it is much older than that. As a matter of fact middle eastern religion is one of the youngest religions on earth.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by estheta: 2:36am On Sep 19, 2012
The bible contains vital information on the origin and progress of man. Pioneered by Moses who was tutored in the tombs of the Pharoahs(a privilege reserved only for the royal house) and inspired by the knowledge of the origin(GOD), the books are accounts that assist man to seek the truth and find it. The mistake of "christianity" is in believing the bible word for word forgetting that these are human compilations just like all other books. Jesus Christ however sets the records straight by offering lasting peace to our trobled souls. The church is a spiritual network of those who are able to extract the truth(the true teachings of God) from the books. Science tries to explain in exact terms what the truth reveals. Darwin was inspired but of course like the other humans, his theory has flaws but cannot be ignored. He noted that "how the species originated" his theory could not explain. Science is man's tool for physical development while the bible is a comprehensive library of events to draw inspiration from.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by fitnesslover1(m): 2:59am On Sep 19, 2012
the only answer that exists to this question is the answer that you give it
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by slumcat(m): 6:38am On Sep 19, 2012
ekpe bassey jam: AS FAR AS AM CONCERN THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SCIENCE IT DOES'T EXIST ONLY GOD KNOWS THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH.

Lol funny u
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 19, 2012
See fools misquote the bible. Scientist that change the world to a better place by introducing education to the world are Christians...Look @ many great Scientist of the world got their inspiration from God,they are real believers and they serve God. Why America says "in God will trust".Which country produce the highest great scientist of our time...

2.God promise Isreal that no emenies will overcome them,see wat is happening today,Israel sorrounded by her enemies(lebanon,iran,pakistan etc),they fear that small country called Israel even America as big and powerful they are fear Isreal.will u not believe this.Which country in the world has ever fight with Israel and won b4...scientist in nairaland tell me ,den if u can prove that to me u are the least fool in the World

3.Those scientist predicting the end of the world right from 18 century till 21 century,are their prediction correct. Jesus say no man in heaven and on earth,even him(Jesus) will know when the world will end....will u not also believe this from the bible

If I start quoting the Bible and relating it to wat is happening presently in the world then u will believe God exist and he inspire his people to write the bible and every word from genesis to revelation are right
God says any man that add to the word in this book shall be added the woes,curse and condemnation in this book and any man that deduct from this word shall be deducted the blessing and in the holy book
So my people be careful and don't let the wrath of God come upon u

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by M16: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2012
linearity:

The old and the new testament is filled with references to the trinity.......God is God, Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God....all three combined are referred to as God.

Contrary to your statement, we also see the reference to more than a singular God during the creation in Genesis....

Gen 1:26..." And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

The words marked in bold above indicate that, there was not a singular God during the creation.

WHO IS GOD?
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2012
damilarelr:

It might be a scientific reference as you call it. But it's a valid reference based in the Word of God. Whatever additional reason that might be responsible for the leap year still answers to the Creator of the universe. The earth is His footstool..let Him toss it to wherever He pleases..and let Science give it a name and theoretical explanation.

so you agree that it has nothin to do with science. that belief in the above is basically faith in the Bible. Most already know it is God`s work.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2012
damilarelr:

Geographically, it was the earth rotation that was halted because the night took extra hours to come. Biblically speaking, it was the Sun that seized..but either way, science actually proved that an unusual longer day in the Bible disorganised the calendar.

science did not prove that. the prove will be if leap year has been before the incident.
if the prove that the earth changes its orbit is true, and the earth and sun have existed billoins of years before, then it has nothin to do with the event in the Bible
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2012
damilarelr:

Human beings are creature of choices... Celebrate ignorance or not, what I believe is that when I pray He answers.

same as sango worshiper. its not enough reason i think
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2012
damilarelr:

There were no Christians in the Old Testament. Just a tribe that God delights in, and preserving in order to bring the Messiah through. The Church was birthed after the ascension of Christ.

do christians believe in old testament or not.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2012
damilarelr:

All those "lost meanings" through the writers of the Bible will be revealed to you by the Author when you're reading it. But you need redemption to access the Author..

the lost meaning could be "gap theory" i hope my knowledge of the theory is ok
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2012
damilarelr:

It was disorganised by virtue of the extra 6 hours of daylight. That was what science accounted for every four years by adding an extra day to February.

if i may ask, did the bible mention 6 Hrs
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2012
oguntola18: TO SOLVE THIS, SIMPLY GET TO UR NEAREST ISLAMIC SHOP AND BUY THE DEBATE DISK "THE BIBLE AND QURAN IN THE LIGHT OF SCIENCE". YOU GET TO KNOW WHICH IS MORE PERFECT
you will be suprised that there is a huge mis-representation of Islam to the non Muslims. unfortunately, a number of those who claim to be muslims are not good example of what a muslim should be.

since Cliford Orji is a christian (i think), should i conclude all christians are Man eaters? Open ur eyes. Think and read by yourselve
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 19, 2012
@mkmyers45 the only thing I will tell u is don't let devil use this topic for u to talk against God...Am also a scientist and when it comes to argument u can win me cuz I ve gone far and the only tin I will never do in my life is to argue with a FOOL(don't argue with a FOOL,U might not know the difference) and by the way this is where u ve got everything wrong.u said scientist base on theories but wats the different between theory and practical cuz the bible base on Practical and not theory. The scientist of this world now base on practical or do I lie...this scientist u r talking about are whites and they don't have black brain like u...by the way u r born in a black countrysides,u grow there,skool there so wat do u know
IF u r chanced to meet me one on one den u will know wen I'm talking about science world u will fear cuz I've read Hundreds of book about science so I don't misinterpret the Bible with science.Science is another book and Bible is also another book..
Everything in bible is 100% correct and true this is where scientist got their inspiration from.I have also being in ur shoe years back but lata I realise science is another world and Bible is another world entirely

Aim:to know whether the bible is accurate
Test:take the bible and scientist book together and take a combustible fuel and light.set both on fire
Result:tell me ur result afterwards and I give u ur score
Conclusion: that's where u will know if the bible is right or not
Note: I don't argue with a fool cuz "never ague with a fool,u might not know the difference
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2012
kmariko:

1. So inbreeding is not the correct word ok., then all the children that originated from Adam will have the same DNA regardless. right. How come my DNA has no relationship with anyone in the middle East.
2. So what is Adam a metrosexual an andromorphous been who is indescribleable. IS he short, 5ft, 6ft 10 ft?
3. In what year was the Tower of Babel destroyed, how many people were living in this Tower. And how large is it compared to Petronas building of Malaysia.
4. So your God of the Bible does campaign that you only follow him because he does not like the competition from other capable gods,; more like election campaign. Why does he have to work so hard to make you like him even to the point of threat of death. Chukwu and Oloru are not the same God, the Ibos worship several gods. traditionally they are not Monoetheists but polytheist.
5.Quoting science to prove your bible , not the other way round .,., interesting.
6. I dont have a bible . used to but not anymore, sorry. So your god taught Moses how to read and write in a different language away from that of his benefactors if I follow your bible right. Then there are several languages before the Tower of Babel. which is it then languages developed before Tower of Babel or After.
7.if those civilisation were his creations - did he/she do that before he/she broke up the Gowandaland or after. If before as you implied on the earth being on mass and everyone came from that location, the other civilisation no matter their evolution will have to retain enough of the "older" your bible god created civilisation. And they themselves will also be monotheists. And what does any other civilisation mean , if all civilisations are the same then there should not be much disagreement on earth today , should there.

8. The believe in one god is principally a middle eastern concept not the concept the rest of the world follows.,.,

9. Finally, Buddhism and Sikhism did not develop from the middle east, please check your records. BTW my village did have a religion before the advent of the middle eastern religions and I will have to believe it is much older than that. As a matter of fact middle eastern religion is one of the youngest religions on earth.

1. Different DNA apparently arises due to genetic mutations. Using your logic and your science, genetic mutations can also occur due to climatic changes which differ from one continent to another. If your DNA were so different from those of Asian or European origin, then you should not be able to interbreed and procreate with anyone from another continent. That you can do so means somewhere, someplace and at sometime your DNA is the same. Science is simply too young to understand.
2. Using your logic also, does it mean you are also indescribeable since i cant see you now to know anything about you,whether you are short, tall, 6ft, 1ft, 20ft? That you are able to post your comments on nairaland only mean one thing- You are a human. That is enough for me to know that.
3. The tower of Babel wasnt completed due to languges confusion. How large is it i dont know. That you compared it with the petronas building in Malaysia doesnt mean it is not possible to build the tower of Babel, apparent lack of technological sophistication of that period not notwithstanding. Even the pyramids of Egypt was build at a time thought not possible by modern people like you. But was it build? imagine what can be achieve if people of all races combine together.
4. Chukwu in Ibo and Olorun in Yoruba mean The supreme God though they are ploytheist. Suppose you have children, i pray you do, will you allow them to do as they like or show them the right path for better living through maybe flogging, punishments, words of advice, rewards, admonitions?
5. Just simply to let you know that the discoveries in science only reinforce Biblical facts.
6. Before the Babel episode only one language exists. Languages is meant to be understand. I, for example, understand Yoruba, English, Hausa, Owan-Edo, French, Latin fluently and passable Spanish. Remember Moses wasnt yet born during the Tower of Babel. Genesis was revealed to him by Divine revelation. I'm sure that even Moses would have been baffled about the different languages before the Divine revelation. Please have a Bible. What you dont understand seek understanding from those that did. None is an isle of knowledge.
7. This simply shows you dont understand. I didnt say the earth is from Mass and that everyone came from that location. The term 'Mass' literally mean Earth in this context. You are right- the other civilisation will retain enough of the 'old' civilisation. You dont know what is mean by civilisation. Mention any two civilisation you know, provided they are civilisation, and i will show you the similarities between them.
8. Yes, because that is where the True religion originate.
9. Yes Buddhism and Sikhism originate from Asia but at some point it have Middle Eastern influences. And those days there is nothing like 'Asia', Africa', 'Europe'. Just one world.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 8:16am On Sep 19, 2012
thelastPope:

Actually, create, make and form are different. Take off your glasses and read genesis 1 and 2 again. You will see it clearly. God created man in chapter 1. In chapter 2, it said clearly that there was no man to till the ground after man was already created in Chapter 1. Then God formed man from the dust. It is actually very clear. Then God breathed into man and man came alive. That signifying man was originally in spirit form. Read it again.

1st....... God created man in chapter 1
2nd....... Then God formed man from the dust
3rd....... Then God breathed into man and man came alive

my Q. which man was breathed into. is it 1st-the man created in chapter 1 or 2nd the man formed from dust. i would think the man formed from dust(could be Gap theort too)but what happened to the man created in chapter 1. was he destroyed or is can you explain a logical relationship btw the man in 1 and 2.

also, is it a mistake that God created man before he realised that there is need for the floor to be tilled. God i believe and i think you also believe is a perfect planner
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2012
TrustZee: [b]@inurmind and niflheim,its evident dat d b0th of u r ATHEIEST....the bible is inspired auth0rized by God (2 tim0thy 3:16 ,17)... U question baseless matters in d scriptures...there by indirectly questi0ning d auth0rity of the M0st High God who gave you d breathe,hands,eyes etc to be able to post those rubbish in nairaland...HMMN B CAREFUL..GOD is watching!...b4 he takes dat breathe 4rm u..D so called scientist n scholars who said dat d earth was flat n supported by an 0bject were proven wrong by d bible because,d earth is round in shape n hanging upon n0thing,and scientist hav succumbed 2 it,cos they later found it...d bible aint a science txtbk,but wen it talks abt science,its accurate..sum facts in d bk of revelations shudnt b taken literal,but symb0lic...SO GO N READ UR BIBLE DAT WILL ENABLE U DRAW CL0SER TO GOD INSTEAD OF C0NTRADICTING URSELF WITH SCIENCE N ITS SCIENTISTS...remember d wisdom in dis world is nt 4rm God cos they pr0m0te ungodly desires..but d wisdom 4rm ab0ve is trustworthy n it c0mes with rich blessings[/b] I DON TALK

similar to your initial statement before the arguments. it seems this is just a show of Faith. its good but what is the basis of your Faith in the Bible. let us know
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2012
nathdim: Then which should we believe in is it d bible which says Jesus is d way (which means over one billion Muslims are going 2 hell )or d quoran who see Jesus as a prophet which means over 2billion people are also 2 hell frm wat I can see Christianity is a product of d Roman empire

Go and read both the Bible and Quran. then confirm which does not contradict itself and also gives insight into science. but know that there is God who gave you brain to think and to know right from wrong
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2012
after the BigBang or speculated BigBang, could there have been smoke? pls i need an answer
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by engrtee(f): 9:19am On Sep 19, 2012
Science make mistake

science contradict itself

science flaws

do u want proof? Ask and u wil recive
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2012
engrtee: Science make mistake

science contradict itself

science flaws

do u want proof? Ask and u wil recive

we know science is human work and is ongoing. but pls u know a BlackHole in space, if it really explodes (BigBang), will there be smoke?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by engrtee(f): 9:31am On Sep 19, 2012
ghazzal:

we know science is human work and is ongoing. but pls u know a BlackHole in space, if it really explodes (BigBang), will there be smoke?

persnaly, i dont bliv in bing baang .but wen a volcano erupts, there is a smoke. So yes, there cud b smoke
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Bella3(f): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2012
In all this things una dy yarn, i only have one problem:
who put this on front page? If the person is nt devil's agent who is (s)he
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by engrtee(f): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2012
BĂ©lla3: In all this things una dy yarn, i only have one problem:
who put this on front page? If the person is nt devil's agent who is (s)he

is it an evil topic? Who shud b blame

d thread opener

or the mod dat brot it to front page

or the over 2hundrd persns dat comentd
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2012
Some people just like being a Devil's advocate. Arguing for the sake of argument.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mayorjo: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2012
Are u there wen God create the earth, the sun, the moon and the stars ? why saying it is false ?

U too must proof yourself why it is false.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2012
In science once you have basic addition skills, 1+1 = 2. it is the same whether you are in kafanchan or in kathmandu.

in the Bible, 1+1 could be equal to 2 or 3 or 5 or even 50 depending on what your own interpretation of the bible is as a christian.

In some cases people who tell that yes science and the bible are both accurate because according to Moses 5-3 = 2 and according to Isaiah 46 - 44 = 2 and john has already prophesised in revelation that (-2) * (-1) = 2
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 10:35am On Sep 19, 2012
engrtee:

persnaly, i dont bliv in bing baang .but wen a volcano erupts, there is a smoke. So yes, there cud b smoke

do you know that the Quran says there was smoke when the earth was created...... if its true, does it support science theory of BigBang
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by sneak3(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2012
It sometimes amazes of how foolish some fellow can be.. For crying out loud how will a sane person be comparing the accuracy and correctness of the Holy Bible to some crab called science..

My Advice

Guys if you don't have anything to say or do just go fishing and avoid incuring the wrath of God with ur comments

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / I Had A Blood Convenant With My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.