Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23799 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
hardbody:

Science supports the bible in quite a number of ways, check out the Book of Isaiah where it had been noted since aeons that the world is spherical, it took years for science to come to that realization. Look up the book of Ecclesiastis for proof of the water circle. There are several of such prrofs and but for time, i could write a lot more on those.
Please do..
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Freksy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
Niflheim: @joagbaje,so you are finally admitting that your bible was not inspired by god,but by the understanding of the illiterates at the time right?

The Bible stated that kind words and laughter are good for one's health: In recent years, American newspapers have published various reports that laughter releases chemicals within a person's body that can contribute to one's health. And, that depression and stress can weaken the immune system and contribute to various health problems. But, the Bible knew of the health virtues of laughter roughly 3000 years ago when the Bible's book of Proverbs was recorded:

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24 (NKJV).

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (Proverbs 17:22, NIV).

Who is illiterate, he that advanced you with thousands of years in knowledge, or you, though with eyes but unable to see, read and understand what was written thousands of years ago?

6 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski:

not that am not a science guy, i love science... i was watch this clip about an EX church of Satan memeber... this guy said some things that really gave me a light bulb.. he said that wen he was there that he was told that the theory about the evolution about man by Charles Darwin was given to him by the devil... just to confuse human about the existence of GOD...... so can u imagine how many minds that theory has polluted.... that man was made from growing apes ... u self think am nah.....
the first man created was he white or black? Can two whites give birth to a latino?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ZeusI: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
Niflheim: @OP,this is not fair,your bible claims that the moon is a light which is false,it claims that the flood covered the mountains by up to 20 feet,as if all the mountains are the same height,it claims that fowls came out of the water(false).
The moon being light is of course in consideration of human perception and comprehension of the then period, they wouldn't have understood the fact of what it really is, if it were explained to them, and the bible was not trying to teach them science, it was saying something different. As for the water being 20feet far above the mountain, it was emphasising on the tallest of mountains, the bible never said 'twenty feet above every mountain'. And where did you get the story of fowls coming out of water(scriptural reference will be appreciated).
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: the first man created was he white or black? Can two whites give birth to a latino?

i no know ooo... or maybe the so call science can explain that ...lol grin grin grin
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
favouryemmy: U cant begin to compare the bible with science. Bible is the Almighty God's Word. Know that even doctors, trained through science, get stuck sometimes and ask their patients to seek divine intervention at times from God. Science has limits but the word of God does not.

I am quoting u on twitter
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski:

i no know ooo... or maybe the so call science can explain that ...lol grin grin grin
Why dont you ask accurate bible? do you know that mathematically and biologically it is impossible that the whole world emanated from two people...

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Zeus I: The moon being light is of course in consideration of human perception and comprehension of the then period, they wouldn't have understood the fact of what it really is if it was explained to them, and the bible was not trying to teach them science, it was saying something different. As for the water being 20feet far above the mountain, it was emphasising on the tallest of mountains, the bible never said 'twenty feet above every mountain'. And where did you get the story of fowls coming out of water(scriptural reference will be appreciated).
Hence it is safe to say that it is inaccurate no? Numbers 11:31 Now the LORD sent a wind that brought quail from the sea and let them fall all around the camp. For miles in every direction there were quail flying about three feet above the ground.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Why dont you ask accurate bible? do you know that mathematically and biologically it is impossible that the whole world emanated from two people...

wait... in genesis the bible spoke about the tower of babel, there the bible said that the Lord confusion among the people, that every body started speaking different languages..... so u can see that d bible has it all.....
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
(Defination) : Science is a systematic study of the world.

NOT : Complete knowledge of the world.

On the other hand

2 Timothy 3 : 16. (The Bible ).  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by yertyr(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
Is man more accurate than his creator?

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
yertyr: Is man more accurate than his creator?
How did you come to the creator premise?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by jude33084(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
inurmind: To show u how inaccurate and basless the bible is, here is an example:
in revelation, John said he saw STARS fall from the sky to the earth.lol.

I believe Ŧħåϯ ∂ civilized person of ♈☺uЯ age should know τhe meaning of ┼iϻe diff. If U̶̲̅ ask ♈☺uЯ grand parents Ŧħåϯ even above they will say its ∂ shooting star ßŮϯ is it really ∂ falling star? Most of us today still call it Ŧħåϯ phenomenona shooting star ßŮϯ science said its ∂ meteors( rocks in space , they light up due Ť☺ earth gravity) passing thru τhe earth ßŮϯ some do fall Ť☺ earth(rare though). John only describe Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† H̲̅€ saw. My Ƣuȅsti☼ƞ is why using Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† John said Ť☺ rate τhe whole bible? wink

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by sammhi(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
the bible is very acurate as can be found that
1) it tells the begining of man ...
2) it tells why man is in the present state of geting old and death
3) it tells why and how we came to speak different languages
4)it stories are very factual giving you specific dates, names , location of events that are traceablee.g. the isrealite crosing the red sea from Egypt. note that till date the jews still celebrate this event.
5) you could tell the origin of two religion based on bible records.
please note that the genesis account of teh earth tells when the separation happens..e.g it says the earth was without form. did not tell you for how long. aperiod when there was no livoing things on earth

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
At the most brilliant scientist rate, it will take eternity to understand the creation and workings of this world, but through the bible you can just ask the marker Himself (GOD), that is if you will understand His terminologies of creation.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Lenny5000(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
Freksy:

The Bible stated that kind words and laughter are good for one's health: In recent years, American newspapers have published various reports that laughter releases chemicals within a person's body that can contribute to one's health. And, that depression and stress can weaken the immune system and contribute to various health problems. But, the Bible knew of the health virtues of laughter roughly 3000 years ago when the Bible's book of Proverbs was recorded:

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24 (NKJV).

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (Proverbs 17:22, NIV).

Who is illiterate, he that advanced you with thousands of years in knowledge, or you, though with eyes but unable to see, read and understand what was written thousands of years ago?

I am really enjoying this Thread... very enlightening and informative...especially from people like FREKSY and co.. Thanks a lot.... Are you on FB? I will like to hook up and could use your help on some Biblical research... Check my profile and Holla
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
charloski:

wait... in genesis the bible spoke about the tower of babel, there the bible said that the Lord confusion among the people, that every body started speaking different languages..... so u can see that d bible has it all.....
Ok you agree that the world did not come from two people..Do you know that language evolves? Genesis 11:1-9 The Tower of Babel
1 Now the whole world had one
language and a common speech.
2 As men moved eastward, they
found a plain in Shinar and settled
there. 3 They said to each other, "Come,
let's make bricks and bake them
thoroughly." They used brick
instead of stone, and tar for mortar.
4 Then they said, "Come, let us
build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that
we may make a name for ourselves
and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan
to do will be impossible for them.
7 Come, let us go down and
confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
8 So the LORD scattered them from
there over all the earth, and they
stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel —
because there the LORD confused
the language of the whole world.
From there the LORD scattered them over the
face of the whole earth. Not only these verses are seriously very
insulting to the Almighty because
they present Him as a GOD who
feared men, but they also reveal a
very serious scientific blunder
through suggesting that the earth is both flat and sitting still in the
universe..So by building they would have reached God no?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Revolva(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: the first man created was he white or black? Can two whites give birth to a latino?
All I know that jesus was not white he was just a prophet that was hated a darkskin man and if you check the face they gave us is a paintin of caesar borgia - you will see that manythings in this world are fabricated and lies ok that's why these western world that did all this stuffs have woken up and embraced science and tech for development and we here are still in our mental slavery mind lost and brainwashed dark ages
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by noobsaibot2(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
JESUS WALKED ON WATER... PETER WALKED ON WATER... ME I GO WALK ON WATER TOO...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Pukkah: 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
omiobo: This thread should be strictly for christians. I know 99percent of nairalanders speaking against bible are descendants of Ishmael.

I wonder at how you arrived at this fallacious conclusion. By the way, are descendants of Ishmael in Nigeria? Also, what religion(s) did Abraham, Isaac, and Ishmael practice?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
sadeiyare: At the most brilliant scientist rate, it will take eternity to understand the creation and workings of this world, but through the bible you can just ask the marker Himself (GOD), that is if you will understand His terminologies of creation.
How old is the earth? Can you ask him?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by lekkie073(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
this argument will never end....but in my own opinion, science has made d world an easier place to live. what has d bible done? enslave its followers, thou shall not kill.....samson killed, moses killed, david killed. if all of them can be forgiven, then whats d essence of the commandment? how can someone say rain covered the whole earth at a point in time? if it is so, then indians should have a back up storh so also china, aztec empire, to name a few ancient civilizations. if at all such a rain fell, then it probably fell within the limited area known to d writer. that we are all on dis cyber-spectrum is evident of the powers of science....
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
sammhi: the bible is very acurate as can be found that
1) it tells the begining of man ...
2) it tells why man is in the present state of geting old and death
3) it tells why and how we came to speak different languages
4)it stories are very factual giving you specific dates, names , location of events that are traceablee.g. the isrealite crosing the red sea from Egypt. note that till date the jews still celebrate this event.
5) you could tell the origin of two religion based on bible records.
please note that the genesis account of teh earth tells when the separation happens..e.g it says the earth was without form. did not tell you for how long. aperiod when there was no livoing things on earth
Geographically and Logically the Isrealites could never have crossed the Red Sea..1. the cattle (cow,horse,donkey etc) of egypt were already dead..if indeed they did any crossing it was the Sea of Reeds
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
noob-saibot:
Barbeach dey..gud luck cool
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Pukkah: 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
omiobo: Bible is a manual of life. If you don't have it,you will live and die like a goat.

Does that include the part that says women should be sent to the forest while menstruating? The one that prescribes death for adultery, for gathering sticks on the sabbath and for cheeking your parents?

God is a personal experience and not contained in any single, paint-with-the-same-brush book.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by lekkie073(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
noob-saibot:
solomon was the wisest man. if at any ooint in time it was expedient for him to walk on water, he would have done so by virtue of his knowledge. come to india and see disciplined hindus suspend themselves in the air....walking on water is minor compared to beating the law of gravity
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by SONFGOD12: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
science science science,is it possible 4 a woman who had her womb removed because an infectn..bare a child? Or is it possible 4 a certified dead man com bk 2 life,may b its possible a child dat died in d moda's belle com bk 2 life..can science change the gender of a baby dat is 8 mnths old in d mama's belle.all d tins mentnd above all hapend,not in the bible bt 4 ma everi eyes wat more prove do u need..dnt b deceivd..the air dt u breath is nt urs...som1 gave it 2 u...he can deside 2 tak it bk this nyt and dere is notin u and ur science can do abt it...DO NOT THINK U OWN UR LIFE,BECOS U CAN NT GARRANTEE 2MORO..my advice watch ur tongue..

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
Zeus I: that a thousand years is like a day before the lord, therefore the world must have lasted up to 4billion years like science proved, know it that man was the last to be created, and that each stage of creation must have taken close to hundreds of million years to be completed, for instance, when the earth was covered with ocean, the bible said that the spirit of God was moving around, probably to seperate the waters; the one that formed the sky and the one that today is the ocean, and to realise this would not have been just a day(in human conception), but hundreds of millions of years. My reason for considering it so is that when Moses was instructed by God to streach his staff over the red sea for the Israelites to cross, it took the whole night for the spirit of God to be able to divide the sea; common sea, how much more will it take to seperate the waters to form land and sky? Do the maths. Creation was not just done in a twinkle of an eye, but must have taken a reasonable length of time to materialise.

God is omnipotent and Omniscience.......

As a Human yourself ,ur reasonings are clouded.......why will u say,the spirit of God spent a whole Night to separate a sea, and u said ''Just sea''............

See,am only here to correct ur reasoning......God doesn't work like CHINKO ENGINEERS ooooooo.......

If he willeth to separate the sea within Twinkle of an eye .....it will BE

If God willeth anything He but says BE and surely It is........
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
Science obviously wins. It is continually reviewed and updated, this, imho, is why science rules and the bible drools
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: How old is the earth? Can you ask him?

Only if you ll first answer my own question ; How many strand of hair is on your head. Its your head, I believe that should be easy

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
SONFGOD12: science science science,is it possible 4 a woman who had her womb removed because an infectn..bare a child? Or is it possible 4 a certified dead man com bk 2 life,may b its possible a child dat died in d moda's belle com bk 2 life..can science change the gender of a baby dat is 8 mnths old in d mama's belle.all d tins mentnd above all hapend,not in the bible bt 4 ma everi eyes wat more prove do u need..dnt b deceivd..the air dt u breath is nt urs...som1 gave it 2 u...he can deside 2 tak it bk this nyt and dere is notin u and ur science can do abt it...DO NOT THINK U OWN UR LIFE,BECOS U CAN NT GARRANTEE 2MORO..my advice watch ur tongue..
1. yes she can get IVF treatment.. 2. yes a dead person can be brought back to life simply electricity 3. Child's death or coma?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Heathen(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
noob-saibot:
lol, we await.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Pastor Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Claims To Have Resurrected A Dead Woman / Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.