Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set (18397 Views)

Nigerian Tax Authorities Will Not Spare Linda Ikeji Next Year - Charles Novia / Omotola Is The Most Beautiful Actress To Grace The Nigerian Cinema ( Pics) / Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Africasjolie: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
dont8: Don't people change-from bad to good, vice visa. A lot of people takes Omotola's confidence for arrogance while they've not met her, but will judge her.
God bless you.Lotta pple take her confidence as arrogance,if u appear soft they take it for granteed and treat you anyhow then you appear confident and tough dey call it arrogance.The omotola i knw takes no nonsense,she is nt like those actress u can mold into any shape and tell what to do.She can be tough at times but humble down to earth and a giver.Whther arrogant onset or not lotta pple have achieved frm it via charity.Mr chrles the saint what have u done?
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by tpia5: 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Is there a better picture of the guy?

The current one is making it hard for me to sympathize with him against omotola.

Not like the matter concerns me anyway.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Cupidkc(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Why am i seeing this move as a strategy for his book sales?
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by chucky234(m): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
pato405: both Charlse Novia and co directors, actors and actresses are all the same. very difficult people. Nigerians are hardly ever tolerant of one another. always overweening and over bearing. everyone wants to play the boss and get recognition. the decorums of humility often hurled to the winds in desperate bid to out-class others. SMH. all of una na d same joor!
Must you comment,haba director playing boss on his set?
He is the boss and has authority over the entire cast/crew, dey think before you comment abeg.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Well how will they know she's a self titled Diva if she doesn't act like one?? undecided

I find it funny that an actress featuring in this kobo kobo Nollywood movies can be diva-ing all over the place. If she's raking in millions and millions of Dollars now. . shei we will understand. You are acting in a D rated movie from a two bit movie industry and you doing shakara?

Na wa oh

D-rated? Who dash those things D? I watched an indian movie from the 70's a couple of days ago and I could not help but wonder why Nigerian movies never even reach that standard(screen, directing, etc.) even after more than 30 years at this.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by semid4lyfe(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
afam4eva:
The bolded is an insult to Charles Novia. WTF is Kunle Afolayan? When did he start making movies that makes him better than Charles Novia who's been in this business for a long time now. The only person i respect there is Tunde Kelani and to a lesser extent Jeta Amata but not Kunle who's stilla newbie in the business.

Guy, talk sense jare

So how good a director is is now measured by how long he's been in the Industry and how many movies he's churned out? Please, tell me this is not what you mean? shocked

If na so, John Singleton (who was in his mid-20's & made his film directorial debut with Boyz n the Hood) should never have been nominated for Best Director Oscars in '99 lol grin

Admittedly, Kunle Afolayan has only directed 3 movies - Irapada (2008), The Figurine (2010) and Phone Swap (2012) but the worst of 'em (Irapada - in most people/critics opinion) is better than the best movie ever made by Charles Novia.

Charles Novia ko, Charles Novice ni. . .Shioor!

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Dhelake: 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
afam4eva:
The bolded is an insult to Charles Novia. WTF is Kunle Afolayan? When did he start making movies that makes him better than Charles Novia who's been in this business for a long time now. The only person i respect there is Tunde Kelani and to a lesser extent Jeta Amata but not Kunle who's stilla newbie in the business.

@topic
Omotola is known to be very rude and crude on set. I remember she once had a problem with Kaffy(dancer) on the set on one of her music videos. Many people have been complaining about her disgusting character on set. The only person who comes close to her in terms of this bad behavior is Oge Okoye who slaps anybody at will.
abegi .... No be hw far nah, na hw well .... Cos he had produced 100 movies b4 afolayan doesnt makez him betta
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by MeGaStReEt: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
As of today, I only know one Director, that's Tchidi Chikere
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by sylve11: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Na dem cup of tea be that. cool
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by gossips(f): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Charles Novia or whatever your name is, a piece of advice from me is, MOVE ON! Haba! Since 2000? And you're still TRYING to destroy her career? Get over it man and stop acting childish!
Look, both directors and actors in naija are not giving enough given that nollywood has been for over 3 decades. The lack of attention to details in the making of nolly movies is alarming. Anyway, I blame their fans who make it possible for Omotola, Genny and their likes to get paid millions for acting crap! And our dear Mr. Novia is a terrible actor cos the only time I saw him in a movie, his interpretation of his role was a total mess. Anyway, dat one na for pple wey dey watch home videos because me i'll get patriotic when they start delivering.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by vislabraye(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
I no dey too follow Nollywood like that. Its true many Nigerian actors/actresses have super ego. If you happen to come across some of them on the street, they just bone. Just a few like Desmond Elliot and Olu Jacob are down to earth.
Fashi them jare.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Aarenaija: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: And how will this help patience jonathan recover from her illness
I can't laugh. grin grin What is the business of Patience in this one?
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Mickey19: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
tjskii: Wats annoying me in dis whole matter is dt Omotola can't act these days,shez always tryin to speak fonee and do americana in her movies,but her acting ends up looking forced and artificial undecided undecided
tjskii: Wats annoying me in dis whole matter is dt Omotola can't act these days,shez always tryin to speak fonee and do americana in her movies,but her acting ends up looking forced and artificial undecided undecided
. Abi o M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ brother.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by pato405(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
chucky234: Must you comment,haba director playing boss on his set?
He is the boss and has authority over the entire cast/crew, dey think before you comment abeg.

comprehension has always been your problem and you hardly ever use your head! no one is contesting his authority but you needn't be autocratic to correct your followers. a leader corrects with a meek approach while a ruler chides with high-handedness. for crying out loud, the lady in question is not a baby. if Charles himself hasn't ego problems, why chide an adult with disregard just to 'remind' her you are the boss? ego all the way!
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: And how will this help patience jonathan recover from her illness

It wont even reduce the price of one cup of our staple food. Mtscheeew. One painter nah N300 now.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
poweredcom: All this our actresses we see on tv are not truly who they seems to be they have bad behaviour -

So are all women. No wonder some men call dem *beeachte*
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
ujukala: The man is just airing his views.

While am busy viewing my aire.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Africa's jolie:

My dear this happened back in 2000.

13 cups was N100 then.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Africasjolie: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
okpara ugo:

13 cups was N100 then.
LMFAO!!! abegi jor hehehehehe
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by luc26(f): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Like seriously wat has dis got 2 do wit us
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by texazzpete(m): 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
kumbalo: Just because someone is trying to promote his book by bringing up a decade-old issue, haters have jumped here trying to lash out at one of Naija's best. Joblessness. How much is a cup of beans in the market jare?

I think the jobless one is the person who watches Africa Magic so much that he's a shameless voltron for Omotola cheesy
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by UNLEASHED(m): 2:02am On Sep 15, 2012
Haha Naijawood and there drama grin
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 15, 2012
Good. I dislike dealing with divas too.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2012
texazzpete:

I think the jobless one is the person who watches Africa Magic so much that he's a shameless voltron for Omotola cheesy

a guy watching africa magic shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Guy, talk sense jare

So how good a director is is now measured by how long he's been in the Industry and how many movies he's churned out? Please, tell me this is not what you mean? shocked

If na so, John Singleton (who was in his mid-20's & made his film directorial debut with Boyz n the Hood) should never have been nominated for Best Director Oscars in '99 lol grin

Admittedly, Kunle Afolayan has only directed 3 movies - Irapada (2008), The Figurine (2010) and Phone Swap (2012) but the worst of 'em (Irapada - in most people/critics opinion) is better than the best movie ever made by Charles Novia.

Charles Novia ko, Charles Novice ni. . .Shioor!

How many movies does this Kunle have to his name? Whether he's a good director or not, he's still a newbie, so he has to pay respect to those that were there before him and those that made Nollywood what he is today. People like Afolayan are just reaping the hardwork that people like Andy Amenechi, TChidi Chikere, Adim Williams, Ekena Igwe, Christian Onuh, Elvis Chuks, Chico and Zeb Ejiro, Andy Chukwu and Charles Novia have laid.
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by blushmg: 12:19am On Sep 16, 2012
In a yet to be released (?) book allegedly written by the prolific film maker, Actor and Director, Charles Novia, he was quoted to have said “Omotola is problematic and difficult to work with On-Set”

I am a Radio Producers which is likened to a Director on Television. The job of both Radio Producers and TV Director is primarily to bring out a produc...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/femiblush-godman/omotola-jolade-ekehinde-is-problematic-and-difficult-to-work-with-on-setcharles-/10151222941163784
Re: Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set by JANK23H(m): 1:16am On Sep 16, 2012
I'm suprised people still watch Nollywood.What do they gain from those crap,especially women?

If u want to ruin my day just make me watch a Nigerian movie.Omotola....Charles Novia or whatever,they all suck.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid An Illuminati Member? / Darey Art Alade Celebrates His Daughter On Her 5th Birthday / Nollywood Actress Damilola Adegbite Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.