Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria (20123 Views)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by khukhi(f): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2012

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by khukhi(f): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
As a black woman, I appreciate the fact that I was not born into a muslim family or state. The religion is much more oppressive to women undecided .
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by blackedwin: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hello House,
With the recent announcement by the US government how do we manage our Visa appointment

my appointment is on the 20th September

Regards
Ed
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Ogundale(m): 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
What is all this.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by EagleNest(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
info@lpf:

I am always curious and saddened when I read / hear statements such as this - US v. Islam? How exactly does this movie lead to such a statement? What in reality does the US have to do with this movie? What is the connection that so warrants this level of hatred, destruction and murder of innocent diplomats? Why is the US so vilified for all the ills of the world? The same US that was heralded for acting as an ally to take down a leader the Libyans themselves revolted against? I dont get it.

This Movie was made by a fellow who is, from all indications a fraudster, operating fraudulently in the US for several years, involved in cheque kiting schemes, operating with several identities etc. If he were truly an artist, he should have a strength of conviction in his work of art, and stand up to it and for it. Where is he? Disappeared into thin air. Hiding like a little coward!

Sounds to me like a great Al Quaeda plot.

Do not be curious and saddened. Just know that all these Muslims very well knew that it wasn't the US government that caused this issue. But mark it, any little or flimsy opportunity, these fanatics will strike on any US interest and by extension the west. Anything that will make US cry is their delight. This is my view and am seeing it going on for a while. In fact, it's not only US that is suffering it. Nigerian Christians are being killed for nothing just to get at the very heart of our emotional balance. There can never be any justification for the killings but the worst kind of blindness is the blindness of the mind. It is suicidal!

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by BetaThings: 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sam xiu lee: av seen couple of foreign movies that the pope was mocked,its not a big deal if Jesus,mohammed,the pope any religious cleric was mocked that shouldn't make ppl to go out and protest,going as far as burning an embassy and killing the ambassador,I think you guys,moslems are going just too far on this,beside atheists makes movie mocking the almighty God you guys did not protest it was when a human being was mocked you guys decided to protest,that to me is very sick,FYI my my mom is a moslem and half of my family are,I don't hate moslems but I detest fanatics be it a moslem or a Christian.
Show me the movies and let us see what they say. Why should Muslims react because somebody abuses God. Everyone (Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs etc) claim to worship God. It would be foolish for Muslims to react to such a general provocation. I don't believe in violence. It is senseless to burn places or attack people who have nothing with the film. However, it is also dishonest to blame only one side. So the producers of the are blameless?
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by ernestleon(m): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
kunle.t.ade:

you want answer :

Who started the first world war, were they Muslims?

Who started the second world war, were they Muslims?

Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia, are they Muslims?

Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nakazaki, were they Muslims?

Who KIlled more than 100 million of indians in North America, were they Muslims?

Who Killed more than 50 million on indians in south America, were they Muslims?

Who took about 180 millions of African peoples as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic Ocean, were they Muslims?

No they weren't Muslims....... Muslim are not terrorists but rather the gullible ones among you will follow what the media has given to you... SMH...
Guy you dull sha....u wrote a piece thinking u ar brilliant and hv done a very gud research.pls read justwise post again then u will realize how dull u are and hw foolish ur post was..

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by mojmicky(m): 12:48am On Sep 17, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
Now they knew the consequence of their action and they are acting fast... America is terrorizing this world take it or leave it...

Can you please stop talking like an illiterate . How would you feel if all Nigerians are branded 419ers and Boko harram/Terrorist too , you can't judge a country from one actors doing. Whats wrong with you people !!! stop being Bias about the situation . I am a Nigerian but i don't expect Americans to apologize for anything. If the Actor that caused this problem still exist"Let him apologize" but you dont expect America as a whole to apologize !!!
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by mojmicky(m): 12:50am On Sep 17, 2012
ernestleon:
Guy you dull sha....u wrote a piece thinking u ar brilliant and hv done a very gud research.pls read justwise post again then u will realize how dull u are and hw foolish ur post was..

LoL, thank you jare. Some people know nothing about history. They just open their big mouth talking nonsense !!!
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by delta234: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
Now they knew the consequence of their action and they are acting fast... America is terrorizing this world take it or leave it...
Why not leave the fight to their GOD.Did he tell them he is powerless? Does it mean that any unguarded person,(whether christian,pegan,budist etc)cannot do same again? And then what do we have;BLOODSHED ALL THE WAY! REALLY A PITY.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Murphyvious: 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pls let God judge and don't condemn any religion. God is one and He loves peace

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Murphyvious: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pls don't criticize any religion. Any where u were born into, be righteous, God fearing & you shall be judged according to your deeds. 'It is what u sow that you reap'
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 18, 2012
Sam xiu lee: av seen couple of foreign movies that the pope was mocked,its not a big deal if Jesus,mohammed,the pope any religious. cleric was mocked that shouldn't make ppl to go out and protest,going as far as burning an embassy and killing the ambassador,I think you guys,moslems are going just too far on this,beside atheists makes movie mocking the almighty God you guys did not protest it was when a human being was mocked you guys decided to protest,that to me is very sick,FYI my my mom is a moslem and half of my family are,I don't hate moslems but I detest fanatics be it a moslem or a Christian.

Religious figures can be questioned,probed and not abused or lied against. Its not good. And the films against Jesus Christ and the Holy Pope,were they done by Muslims? Islam and Muslims frowns at "Molestation" of any of Allah's Prophets. And if you have watched the video,iit easy for Non muslims to trivialise it,while its way too insultive to muslims. I wonder y a person will decide to record such video, what does he intend to gain?
But while the killing of Chris stevens is uncalled for,I think the protest is good " so far it does noy involve killing" cos if not more insult will come. Like Islam or hate it,abuse muslims or hate us,you have the right to do any of that,BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ABUSE ISLAM!
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by infolpf: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
Zeus I: The U.S govt has everything to do with the killing of their ambassador, they could easily have arrested the man, if he had produced anything that serves as threat to the U.S, he would not have escaped, i will be the last fool to be deceived by them. If you know a person to be an illiterate and that his conduct will always be barbaric when provoked, then you will be an illiterate to provoke him. Why would a sane govt grant it's citizens freedom of expression without a clause or limitation - freedom to freely discriminate religions, imagine some senseless U.S citizens producing a movie where Jesus Christ is portrayed as a gay person, is this the kind of freedom we need? Freedom to call your mother a fool/ sue her for disciplining you. Can anyone tell me where U.S has gone to solve a political upheaval, and succeeded? Islam is a violent religion, no doubt, but the instigators of those violent trait are the ILLUMINATIS, who now controls the West and the blame, as should be, will always be on the head(US, as world power) and the hand(Islam, whom they use). So? My verdict is that both U.S and the killers of the ambassador(libyans) are guilty.

Your statements highlight the fact that at a fundamental level, you do not even understand the society you criticize!
1. "they could easily have arrested the man..." No they could not, because HE HAS NOT COMMITTED A CRIME! He made a movie. In what jurisdiction is that a crime? He was called in for questioning, to answer questions they had, some of which I'd bet had to do with the source of his funds, especially given the fact that he has been convicted of drug crimes in the past.

2. "Why would a sane govt grant its citizens freedom of expression without a clause or limitation..."? Quite simply, that is one of the fundamental freedoms entrenched in the US constitution that makes it the great nation it is today! It is one of the reasons why millions of people, christians, jews, hindus, and yes, muslims from all over the world so strongly desire residency in the US.

This is the hypocrisy that exists in the world today - you vilify them for their freedom, yet you yourself enjoy the freedom to freely express your self in this forum, where you accuse them of being illuminati. You flay them for, in your opinion, failure in their attempts at resolving conflicts around the world, yet say nothing about the fact that the world still considers them the police of the world, and expect, no DEMAND, their involvement in every conflict, and when they are slow to respond for fear of criticism, or under economic pressure in their own country, the same people, such as you, crucify them to the cross of your self absorbed, ignorant opinions! Opinions, which by the way, you are free to hold, but apparently want to deny everyone else the right to hold!

Your arguments are so varied and so incoherent (dont even get me started on the silly illuminati thing), that you sound like you are simply regurgitating what you have heard or read from a variety of disgruntled sources.

Y'all need to make up your minds - is the US a friend, or foe? Is the US the police of the world, or should they stay out of international conflict? Should they be criticized for strategic failures, or praised for attempting to stand up for democracy and the will of the people even to the detriment of their own economy?? At the end of the day, your arguments for or against will not make a dent, the US is, and will continue to be (as long as God grants it), one of the greatest nations in the world!
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by infolekan(m): 12:45am On Sep 20, 2012
Builder:

What conspiracy is there in my statement.. the USA have invaded more countries and enslave more people in the world than any other.. their handiwork in there everywhere to see, dont u read history or dont you listen to news at all.. in the same breath islam have done alot of baberic killings and other forms of damage to question the "religion of peace" mantra . Lord help me, must everything be conpiracy theory to u or u just dont know the meaning.. it baffles me why people cant argue objectively. u better start using ur commonsense while its still legal

Logical thinking.
But US is not a golden sceptre of christianity and they're not fighting a religious war Bro. They're mainly reaping you off for being backward & a lil retarded....Same thing the Lebanese engineers are doing here....& the Egyptian Doctors in Nigeria.
US is not the seat of christianity...it is in the heart of christians everywhere.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by mankand(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2012
BetaThings:
Show me the movies and let us see what they say. Why should Muslims react because somebody abuses God. Everyone (Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs etc) claim to worship God. It would be foolish for Muslims to react to such a general provocation. I don't believe in violence. It is senseless to burn places or attack people who have nothing with the film. However, it is also dishonest to blame only one side. So the producers of the are blameless?

My friend take your time to read any of Dan Brown's book or go to the store and purchase any of this movie Angels and Demons or Da vinci code.

In fact Religion have been a mess in this world and it is not what God wanted for Man, but due to the oppression of mankind some greedy souls took advantage of it. Religion have been a cancer to mankind, God only want you to acknewledge the fact that there is a supreme being and live a just life because judgement starts from the moment you die and you start receiving critics or praises from the living ones
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by infolpf: 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
^^ Dan Brown's books are fictional, Sir. Not based on anything other than his wild, entertaining, sometimes frightening imagination!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Joins Twitter: "They Never Told Me The Level Of Disrespect Here" / You Can’t Defect To APC With Our Mandate, PDP Tells Matawalle, Others / I Don't Have A Political Relationship With Odili, We Don't Work Together - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.