Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria (20122 Views)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by emekson(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria issues this emergency security message for U.S. citizens in Nigeria.

The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and all associated facilities will close at 11:30 a.m., and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will close at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 14, 2012. The U.S. Mission to Nigeria takes this action solely as a precautionary measure. Protests against a controversial film may occur in Jos, Kano, and other parts of Nigeria. U.S. citizens may wish to limit their travels beyond their residential compounds during the afternoon of September 14.

The Embassy continues to work closely with Nigerian Police and security agencies, which continue to take proactive security measures to ensure public safety. U.S. Citizens in Nigeria should consider their personal security and to keep personal safety in the forefront of their planning.

This year, extremists have attacked many locations in Nigeria, killing and injuring hundreds of people. They have threatened churches, mosques, media houses, police stations, immigration and customs offices, financial institutions, large hotels, shopping malls and markets, state government offices, communications centers, beer gardens, and nightclubs. Attackers have also burned and destroyed several public and private schools in Borno, and targeted several educational institutions in Kano and churches in Plateau, Bauchi, Kaduna, Niger, and Borno states. Additionally, extremists continue to target westerners for abduction. As such, the situation in the country remains fluid and unpredictable.

All U.S. citizens should use caution and discretion when deciding to attend large functions or visit establishments identified as potential targets, and respond appropriately if they detect suspicious activities. Because of ongoing security concerns within the Federal Capital Territory, U.S. citizens should continue to expect heavy traffic congestion, road blocks, and significant police/security force deployments. All U.S. citizens should remain vigilant, pay attention to their surroundings, limit exposure to large crowds, and keep their cellular telephones in close proximity for use in cases of emergency.

U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Nigeria are strongly advised to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). U.S. citizens without Internet access may enroll directly with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. By enrolling, you make it easier for the U.S. Mission in Nigeria to contact you in case of emergency.

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/emac_09142012.html
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by 27naira(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2012
..and so? undecided
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Kslib(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2012
is it that serious
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by chukxy44(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Me na US citizen, pls how do I enroll.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by kunletade(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Now they knew the consequence of their action and they are acting fast... America is terrorizing this world take it or leave it...

6 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by DICKtator: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2012
In their case,Fear of Boko Haram would always be the beginning of wisdom. Pre-emptive measures are always necessary.
grin grin grin grin
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by henrychubayo: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2012
Interesting
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by oba2flex(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2012
Any need for that? undecided
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
Now they knew the consequence of their action and they are acting fast... America is terrorizing this world take it or leave it...

The world will be a safer place without some illiterate religious militants.

27 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 15, 2012
Is this really necessary?
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by alaoeri: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2012
Ʊ.S citizens this, U.S citizens that na wah oh, shey the producer of the film never know all this 'll happen b4 producing it.

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by CrazyMan(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2012
Oh! Now they've succeeded in making Americans close their embassy in Nigeria...I wonder what would be next.

What I don't understand is that if they (muslims) know that the video is false, and that everything it portrayed about Muhammad is also false.

Then why take it so serious and personal as if islam is one huge secrete they're trying to protect. Why do they have this attitude of killing people who attempts to expose any kind of information pertaining to islam?

Assuming I want to become a muslim today, shouldn't I be allowed to ask questions? Shouldn't I be made to understand the origin of islam? Should I be made to believe anything I'm being told without leaving the floor open for possible debates and arguments? Does forcing people into islam instead of convincing them sound like a good option to their leaders?

What I expected the muslim leaders to do was to enlighten the world on that video...prove to us that the movie is a fraud and that everything portrayed about Muhammad is false. Rioting and killing innocent people would only make intending muslims develop second thoughts about islam...they (their leaders) should know this.

31 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by EagleNest(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2012
This is just the beginning. More closing and opening of embassy will come. US vs ISLAM.
What of the embassies of the allies - UK, and likes?

3 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by labbyboi(m): 9:57am On Sep 15, 2012
Chai! Only if Nigeria government can emulate this and start 2 value lives of her citizen as much as this ooo.

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by BabaAlaji(m): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2012
Is gud to be seeteezeen of Amelika, but bad to behave likedem.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by vividgate: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2012
alaoeri: Ʊ.S citizens this, U.S citizens that na wah oh, shey the producer of the film never know all this 'll happen b4 producing it.

Same question I want to ask

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by fittty(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2012
ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORIST BUT ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIMS!!!
All because of this so called religion of "PEACE".. 70% or even more of these protesters never even saw the video before carrying out their barbaric act. Just one video and you're behaving like animals.. Haven't we seen videos of xtians, Buddhist and other religions being mocked
I was born a muslim and I'm glad I no longer worship the god u muslims claim to serve...
Only a living GOD needs no humans to fight for him.
I don't defend my GOD, He defends me
I don't fight for Him, He fights for me.
I don't die for Him, He died for me
I love Him because He first loved me
Thank you JESUS for making me worthy to be called "Human" and not merely an animal.

82 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2012
Muslims are the vilest of creatures. I'm calling it like I see it. Better a Jew in the time of Hitler than a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by martin92(m): 10:04am On Sep 15, 2012
how does dat stop boko haram frm bombing dia embassy if they wanted to

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2012
All these animalistic and barbaric behaviours of muslims only give credence to the movie. Islam has become a joke to the rest of the world.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by kunletade(m): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2012
justwise:

The world will be a safer place without some illiterate religious militants.

you want answer :

Who started the first world war, were they Muslims?

Who started the second world war, were they Muslims?

Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia, are they Muslims?

Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nakazaki, were they Muslims?

Who KIlled more than 100 million of indians in North America, were they Muslims?

Who Killed more than 50 million on indians in south America, were they Muslims?

Who took about 180 millions of African peoples as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic Ocean, were they Muslims?

No they weren't Muslims....... Muslim are not terrorists but rather the gullible ones among you will follow what the media has given to you... SMH...

20 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2012
SimonAndal: All these animalistic and barbaric behaviours of muslims only give credence to the movie. Islam has become a joke to the rest of the world.

And you can't stop whining about us and our religion. You are the bigger joke.

3 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2012
Who cares?
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 15, 2012
In my humble opinion, I suggest immediate division of this country; let these brain washed iidiots stay on their own. So all activities in the embassy will stop because of these useless ediots!

1 Like

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by infolpf: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2012
EagleNest: This is just the beginning. More closing and opening of embassy will come. US vs ISLAM.
What of the embassies of the allies - UK, and likes?

I am always curious and saddened when I read / hear statements such as this - US v. Islam? How exactly does this movie lead to such a statement? What in reality does the US have to do with this movie? What is the connection that so warrants this level of hatred, destruction and murder of innocent diplomats? Why is the US so vilified for all the ills of the world? The same US that was heralded for acting as an ally to take down a leader the Libyans themselves revolted against? I dont get it.

This Movie was made by a fellow who is, from all indications a fraudster, operating fraudulently in the US for several years, involved in cheque kiting schemes, operating with several identities etc. If he were truly an artist, he should have a strength of conviction in his work of art, and stand up to it and for it. Where is he? Disappeared into thin air. Hiding like a little coward!

Sounds to me like a great Al Quaeda plot.

2 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by cap28: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2012
kunle.t.ade:

you want answer :

Who KIlled more than 100 million of indians in North America, were they Muslims?

Who took about 180 millions of African peoples as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic Ocean, were they Muslims?

No they weren't Muslims....... Muslim are not terrorists but rather the gullible ones among you will follow what the media has given to you... SMH...

GBAM!

also who was responsible for destabilising and destroying libya - resulting in the death of over 100,000 libyans?

who gave Sarkozy the green light to send french troops to Ivory Coast to kill thousands of ivoriens and destabilise the entire country?

who was responsible for destabilising Rwanda which led to the massacre of 1 million rwandans in a space of just one month?

who financed and trained the butcher Charles Taylor who went on to butcher thousands of his own people?

many nigerians are just sleepwalking through life with no clue about what is going on around them.

6 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Bsmartt(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2012
the united state can help stop the violence against its citizens especially those in the arab world by arresting and interrogating the producer of such film and ask him is motive of producing such a movie.to all the muslims please let's be patient and let the legal steps be taking by the Government.peace4all

2 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2012
Interesting! The embassy also seem to be aware of the propensity of some mis-guided and blood thirsty extremist to take laws into their hands after the jumat service on Fridays hence the resort to closing early of Friday...

Prevention is better than cure.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by Dawdy(m): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2012
Slaves of U.S, keep fighting with mouths, it doesn't change anything.
Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by mankand(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2012
kunle.t.ade:

you want answer :

Mr. Man go and sit down jooo. All your questions i answer for you. The Muslims are behind the misery of the world today. Infact only the second world war I can say was not started by muslims but by Christians.

Who were the major slave traders?
Even their Mohammed they are protecting had slaves.

Go and trace your origin and you get answers

13 Likes

Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2012
cap28:

GBAM!

also who was responsible for destabilising and destroying libya - resulting in the death of over 100,000 libyans?

who gave Sarkozy the green light to send french troops to Ivory Coast to kill thousands of ivoriens and destabilise the entire country?

who was responsible for destabilising Rwanda which led to the massacre of 1 million rwandans in a space of just one month?

who financed and trained the butcher Charles Taylor who went on to butcher thousands of his own people?

many nigerians are just sleepwalking through life with no clue about what is going on around them.

Ouch!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Declares Uwajumogu Of APC Winner Of Imo Senatorial Re-run Election / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook / Lateef Raji Buried (Late Fashola's Aide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.