Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan (4590 Views)

List Of Those Responsible For Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria / Fuel Scarcity in Osun State - Photo / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Scissorshand(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
Btw,i stay it ibadan.i bought it @ 110 per litre.i remember reading a newsletter from richdad.com,around 2002,where the author predicted that subsidy removal will happen in nigeria by 2008.he went ahead to analyse why it has to go.i'm not against subsidy removal,provided d saved funds will be well utilised.our politicians will simply embezzle the money.right now fuel subsidy is the only benefit i get from the govt.i generate my own electricity,source for my water,paid night watchmen for security,pay for medical treatments,plan for my retirement,etc,etc,etc.God,I'm angry! Aaagghhh!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
in 1989 or so when ibb introduced sfem i remeber what someone told me ,he said with these ppl ibb and co and the ruling class that he forsees the naira exchanging for 100naira to one dollar and even then at that time it was 5naira to 1dollar.even if the price of fuel is taking to 200 naira the fg will still continue to increase it .the problem with fuel supply and pricing is all political and corruption it has got nothing to do with subsidy.we have been told with concrete facts from technocrats that all this subsidy nose na lie .gani said it before he died .tam david west has always been saying it ,at least he was once a petroleum minister .why cant they get the refininaries working ? yet they keep allocation hundreds of million dollars every year for turn arund maintenance of them

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by gabelogan(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
The reason for fuel scarcity in ibadan is that abt a week ago,the pipeline conveying fuel from mosimi in ogun to the depot at apata was vandalized at arepo in ogun state. When officials of ppmc tried to fix it, the vandals shot and killed bout 3 of them, not sure oh! So there hasn't been supply and tankers have not loaded fuel from the NNPC depot at apata. Don't get it twisted!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
gabe_logan: The reason for fuel scarcity in ibadan is that abt a week ago,the pipeline conveying fuel from mosimi in ogun to the depot at apata was vandalized at arepo in ogun state. When officials of ppmc tried to fix it, the vandals shot and killed bout 3 of them, not sure oh! So there hasn't been supply and tankers have not loaded fuel from the NNPC depot at apata. Don't get it twisted!!
is that the only pipe line supplying jalingo.delta,makurdi,taraba,adamawa ,yola and edo all together ?my guy forget dont believe all those govt reports.so u believe 3 nnpc staff would have been killed in the course of their duty by vandals and the press wouldnt have heard about it nor reported it ?haba
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by yohannazack(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yes, there is also fuel scarcity in makurdi, the benue state capital. The scarcity started dis week which has givn rise to transport fair when usin okada, but there is no change in fair by bus drivers. Althogh the scarcity is not severe. We sincerely hope and pray that somethin wl be done to stop the scarcity befo it gets worse. No explantion has be givn as to why the scarcity.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by nlofficial(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
They need to be checked in IB seriously. They have even gone as far as setting the PMS price to 110 Naira on the pumps.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by stanleysneak(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2012
same here in some part of delta state, CHAI I DEY CRY
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
nl.official:
They need to be checked in IB seriously. They have even gone as far as setting the PMS price to 110 Naira on the pumps.
that action simply means that is likely to be the new price .believe me ,if they knew it was a temporary thing they wouldnt have adjusted the meter
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Scissorshand(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
@gabe-logan.don't get what twisted?where did u hear ur info from?what's ur source?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Alaafialoro(m): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
With everybody coming out to complain about fuel price rise in their respective area,it‘s no more ‘an Ibadan thing‘ but rather Nigeria problem. I think we shd be prepared for the worst i.e permanent increase in fuel price.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by stepo707: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
God why angry sad
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by NovusHomo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
If ever there was an opportunity for Nigerians, especially the young ones, to come out in their millions and sack their governments, this is it. Occupy the Government Houses, occupy the Houses of Assembly, occupy the Government Secretariats, "visit" the millionaires and billionaires whose greed and theft make your life so difficult to live. But will they do it? Nah! They are too busy on the internet, waging wars against each other. "It is well". Or, is it?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by fankasibe: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
I wake-up everyday feeling cheated by dis fools called politicians....i feel like organizing my own high-fuel-price-haram....fatherFUKERZ.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by fankasibe: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
NovusHomo: If ever there was an opportunity for Nigerians, especially the young ones, to come out in their millions and sack their governments, this is it. Occupy the Government Houses, occupy the Houses of Assembly, occupy the Government Secretariats, "visit" the millionaires and billionaires whose greed and theft make your life so difficult to live. But will they do it? Nah! They are too busy on the internet, waging wars against each other. "It is well". Or, is it?
u just spoke my mind....i'm just too handsome to die, if u don't mind sir u can lead us into second civil war.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
the problem with nigeria is not the politicians ,that is the honest truth but we the masses are the problem.the masses dont want to die,they want to live and enjoy and are always lookng for someone to go infront.things dont work like that and change dont come in that format.the last time i was discussing with ppl on nl about the 5000k naira note everyone was calling for gej and sls head,i asked them that "ok now that we all agree that the policy is wrong how can we change it how do u and i effect the change we want" noone could come up with anything form of action all they did was to start the war of english language insults against each other.the arab spring started in tunisia when a fruit seller stall was broken down the man set himself ablaze and it was that singular action the ignited the arab spring thas has removed 4president of different countries.in the 90s philipines removed a president just by sms and texting each other and they whole capital mobilised and camped infront of the presidential palace until thein president then estrada resigned.but in the nigerian context we are always looking for someone else to do the leading.the rich and politicians know this that is why they are never afraid to do anything knowing nigerians dont want to sacrifice anything for change

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by NovusHomo(m): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
fankasibe:
u just spoke my mind....i'm just too handsome to die, if u don't mind sir u can lead us into second civil war.
No thanks. Na una problem, na una go carry am.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by gistyinka(m): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
Wat i can say about d situation is dat,nnpc at apata is not working now,becos people has vandalised pipe to apata,three were killed at d point of reconstrution..
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onyxo76(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
bought at 110 per litre in ibadan last week.its the same thing in osun state.i think by october 1st there will a new price.i ve been topping my tank every few days in case they stop selling all together .
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by otokx(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2012
9ja we hail thee
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2012
otokx: 9ja we hail thee
you are hailing a nation that is fast moving towards being a failed state
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by NovusHomo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
onatisi:
you are hailing a nation that is fast moving towards being a failed state

This nation has failed already. Even if not measured by international standards, at least by the standards its own citizens should set for it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by solomon111(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
When did that dry land began to have fuel?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
NovusHomo:

This nation has failed already. Even if not measured by international standards, at least by the standards its own citizens should set for it.
i beg pls tell me has the situation improved as at today?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Ogundale(m): 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
What.... Ibadan is full with oil na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage / Total War As Tinubu Declares An End To Melaye’s Political Journey (photos) / Igbo Warlord, Achuzia Reveals Origin Of 'Biafra'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.