Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? (3316 Views)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / COULD JESUS HAVE PLANNED MY DOWNFALL MY STORY URGENT ADVISE NEEDED / Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
I open this thread with an open mind to discuss and debate one of the many enigmas of the christians gospels.

For me, I am particularly interested in understanding why christians are very reluctant to consider this , even if remote,possibility.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
This is just common sense.
During the space of his 3 years of ministry,if He had a wife,she would have been recorded in the scriptures.
Think about it,He is always with his disciples(there was refernce to everybody,his mother,father,brothers,so if their was a wife there wouldnt have been any exception)
If He had a wife,he probably would have had a kid,and definitely their would have been a set of people claiming to be directly God as a result of the offspring(He would have had a lineage,Jesus' lineage in Isreal

If He had a direct lineage from Him,then [size=13pt] the Pope will definitely be from that lineage [/size],Trust me,Jesus was never married,He was to busy doing his Father's work.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
k2039: This is just common sense.
During the space of his 3 years of ministry,if He had a wife,she would have been recorded in the scriptures.
Think about it,He is always with his disciples(there was refernce to everybody,his mother,father,brothers,so if their was a wife there wouldnt have been any exception)
If He had a wife,he probably would have had a kid,and definitely their would have been a set of people claiming to be directly God as a result of the offspring(He would have had a lineage,Jesus' lineage in Isreal

Good take.
First, have you forgotten that what you call scriptures were hotly debated,determined and selected out by few powerful men? And that about several dozen other scriptures were rejected by these few men?
This is fact.
Isn't possible that the rejected scriptures might have had the information which your accepted scriptures seem to have omitted?
No what makes you so sure that there have not been, throughout history, a lineage claiming to be descendents of Jesus?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

Good take.
First, have you forgotten that what you call scriptures were hotly debated,determined and selected out by few powerful men? And that about several dozen other scriptures were rejected by these few men?
This is fact.
Isn't possible that the rejected scriptures might have had the information which your accepted scriptures seem to have omitted?
No what makes you so sure that there have not been, throughout history, a lineage claiming to be descendents of Jesus?

This possibility was the basis of the novel The Da Vinci Code, very interesting premise and has plenty fuel for the active mind. If Jesus had a wife and kids it would have been kinda fun to have His fleshly descendants with us but it is highly unlikely any such happened.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

This possibility was the basis of the novel The Da Vinci Code, very interesting premise and has plenty fuel for the active mind. If Jesus had a wife and kids it would have been kinda fun to have His fleshly descendants with us but it is highly unlikely any such happened.

Yes. But before da vinci code, much more material had been written on the subject right from the beginning of chritianity.

Dan Brown popularized the idea by putting it as fiction.What is so interesting is that works of fictions tend to draw more public interests, because the writer does not have to defend anything.

But why do you think of it as highly unlikely?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

Show me one that claimed to
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by cyrexx: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
Some people are pointing to Mary Magdalene as being more than just an apostle. Probably his wife. Nobody knows for sure anymore since all other gospels that contradicts the canon were destroyed as only four are endorsed by the Nicene council.
As s side note, im curious about the Gospel of Mary (Magdalene) and i will love to read it if i have the chance.8-)
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
k2039:

[size=20pt] Show me one that claimed to[/size]

I did not claim that I had one. I was merely asking if you have combed history thoroughly enough to claim that there has not been any such claims.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
k2039: This is just common sense.

If He had a direct lineage from Him,then [size=13pt] [color=#000099]the [b]Pope will definitely be from that lineage[/color][/b] [/size],Trust me,Jesus was never married,He was to busy doing his Father's work.

The bolded is the interesting part.
naturally, if there was such a lineage, they would been the inheritors of apostolic authority , not so?

hhmmmm.
There were certainly a great deal of schisms among the early christians about apostolic authority?
Hmmmm.
I wonder what it must have been all about.
when the church of Rome arrogated the apostolic authority to itself, what do think would have happened to any other claimant of apostolic authority?
Take a wild guess.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

I did not claim that I had one. I was merely asking if you have combed history thoroughly enough to claim that there has not been any such claims.

Your case is dismiss due to lack of evidence

Dont ever bring a baseless case to my law court(lol)

Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

Yes. But before da vinci code, much more material had been written on the subject right from the beginning of chritianity.

Dan Brown popularized the idea by putting it as fiction.What is so interesting is that works of fictions tend to draw more public interests, because the writer does not have to defend anything.

But why do you think of it as highly unlikely?

Well I took the time to glance at some apocryphal gospels and they don't mention anyone as His wife. Do you have any other sources that mention this possibility?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
k2039:

[size=15pt]Your case is dismiss due to lack of evidence[/size]

Dont ever bring baseless case to my law court(lol)

I have not attempted to make any case, not yet anyway.
At this point am just getting opinions.

So judgement is annulled. lol
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
k2039:

[size=15pt]Your case is dismiss due to lack of evidence[/size]

Dont ever bring a baseless case to my law court(lol)

plaetton:

I have not attempted to make any case, not yet anyway.
At this point am just getting opinions.

So judgement is annulled. lol

For your above reason judgement overturned

Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Well I took the time to glance at some apocryphal gospels and they don't mention anyone as His wife. Do you have any other sources that mention this possibility?

Ok. but before we start consulting sources, let's reason together and see where it may lead us.

1. The gospels did not tell us that Jesus was married, but neither did it tell us that he was not. So the gospels (the accepted ones) are neutral on the matter.Right?
2 Jesus was born a jew, lived a jew and died a jew. right?

3. By Jewish tradition, it would have been very odd and out of place for jesus not have been married by age 33, do you agree?

4. Jesus was also a Rabbi. By tradition,no,by compulsion, Rabbis have to be married.

5. Jesus was also heir to the throne of Judah, a messiah.
Producing an offspring, a male offspring, would have been the first and most important task of his life.. Infact, it was considered so important that the intending bride had to be three months pregnant before the final marriage rites and ceremony .
Also, by tradition, the messiah, had to marry a woman from a special bread of females called marys, who were vestal virgins that served in the temple.

So just like his father Joseph before him, jesus was obliged to marry a mary to produce future offsprings of the royal line.

There is more. But lets dwell on these for the moment
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by CrazyMan(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
cyrexx: Some people are pointing to Mary Magdalene as being more than just an apostle. Probably his wife. Nobody knows for sure anymore since all other gospels that contradicts the canon were destroyed as only four are endorsed by the Nicene council.
As s side note, im curious about the Gospel of Mary (Magdalene) and i will love to read it if i have the chance.8-)
I don't think that Mary Magdalene was Jesus wife...they were close, yes but wife...no.

In case you didn't notice, Mary was no more than a reformed p^rostitute who became a Jesus fanatic. She was the one who was obsessed with Jesus. Her obsession grew so big that it had to make she lavish an expensive oil on him.

Now ponder this...when she bathed the expensive oil on Jesus, what was his comment?

If you take your time to read the bible carefully, you'll agree with me that their speculated love was a just one sided affair. Jesus never made any suspicious reference or romantic speech to her in all his teachings, neither did the bible record them spending time together.

And like k2039 stated earlier, he was busy traveling from one city to another doing his father's work.

So there was no way he could have gotten married.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

Producing an offspring, a male offspring, would have been the first and most important task of his life.. Infact, it was considered so important that the intending bride had to be three months pregnant before the final marriage rites and ceremony .
[size=14pt]Also, by tradition, the messiah, had to marry a woman from a special bread of females called marys, who were vestal virgins that served in the temple.

[/size]
So just like his father Joseph before him, jesus was obliged to marry a mary to produce future offsprings of the royal line.

Arrant nonsense.
Where did you get that shi*t from and why was Paul not married

CrazyMan:

In case you didn't notice, Mary was no more than a reformed p^rostitute who became a Jesus fanatic. She was the one who was obsessed with Jesus. Her obsession grew so big that it had to make she lavish an expensive oil on him.

If at all he was married Mary was a no go area since she was a [size=13pt]slut[/size]
plaetton and cyrexx just contradicted each other

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
cyrexx: Some people are pointing to Mary Magdalene as being more than just an apostle. Probably his wife.

plaetton:
Also, by tradition, the messiah, had to marry a woman from a special bread of females called marys, who were vestal virgins that served in the temple.

CrazyMan:
In case you didn't notice, Mary was no more than a reformed p^rostitute who became a Jesus fanatic.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2012
CrazyMan:
I don't think that Mary Magdalene was Jesus wife...they were close, yes but wife...no.

Now ponder this...when she bathed the expensive oil on Jesus, what was his comment?

If you take your time to read the bible carefully, you'll agree with me that their speculated love was a just one sided affair. Jesus never made any suspicious reference or romantic speech to her in all his teachings, neither did the bible record them spending time together.

And like k2039 stated earlier, he was busy traveling from one city to another doing his father's work.

So there was no way he could have gotten married.

First, remember that those who arrogated to the apostolic authority to the church of rome also edited and redacted the gospels to suit their agendas.Agendas that became more political than religious.

Mary magdalene was not a prostitute. She was deliberately maligned in order to obsfuscate the very issue that were are currently discussing.
She was headache for the early church fathers. Calling her a prostitute was a smart and convenient way to get her role and importance out of the way.

now ask yourself, how and why, in those days, a poor prostitute would obtain very expensive oil to annoint jesus? What would have been the purpose of the so-called annoitment and what power of grace did she have to annoint anyone.

Ask youself, could the annointing with expensive oil have been some kind of rite or ritual, perhaps a marriage rite?
Ask yourself again, how possible it would have been for an umarried lady to have been allowed to follow jesus and his entourage everywhere.

In the gospel of John, there are numerous references to " the disciple whom Jesus loved".
So you think Jesus was just too busy to love? Too busy to eat and sleep too?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:
Mary magdalene was not a prostitute.
Was she a virgin
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2012
k2039:

Arrant nonsense.
Where did you get that shi*t from and why was Paul not married

If at all he was married Mary was a no go area since she was a [size=13pt]slut[/size]
plaetton and cyrexx just contradicted each other

First, I dont give a sh..t about your apostle paul. He had no relationship with Jesus and he was certainly not from jesus blood line.
You should ask him.

That she was a pros.titute is exactly what the neurotic church fathers wanted you to think so that they could hold claim to be the sole inheritors of apostolic authority.

Your gospel says in plain language that there was a disciple whom jesus loved. Its very wierd that you can imagine this apostle to be john, a man, but not mary, a woman.

Was Jesus a catholic priest who prefer the bottoms of young lads instead of the soft bossoms of maidens or wives?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

Ok. but before we start consulting sources, let's reason together and see where it may lead us.

1. The gospels did not tell us that Jesus was married, but neither did it tell us that he was not. So the gospels (the accepted ones) are neutral on the matter.Right?

Granted

2 Jesus was born a jew, lived a jew and died a jew. right?

Yes

3. By Jewish tradition, it would have been very odd and out of place for jesus not have been married by age 33, do you agree?

I don't know much of Jewish tradition to say it would have been odd. I do know that was not out of place for men and women to dedicate themselves to God and remain unmarried.

4. Jesus was also a Rabbi. By tradition,no,by compulsion, Rabbis have to be married.

I don't know if Rabbi's were compelled to be married but seeing as His wasn't an official position or title I doubt a compulsion would have applied.

The Jewish temple and priesthood did not have a tradition of vestal virgins neither did the royal house so there couldn't have been such a tradition for Him to follow. His royal heritage didn't compel Him because it was not in ascendancy to any throne at the time and He had no ambition to the earthly thrones of His time.

Pregnancy before marriage was a no-no in Jewish culture that is why Joseph wanted to put Mary away.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Granted

Yes

I don't know much of Jewish tradition to say it would have been odd. I do know that was not out of place for men and women to dedicate themselves to God and remain unmarried.

I don't know if Rabbi's were compelled to be married but seeing as His wasn't an official position or title I doubt a compulsion would have applied.

The Jewish temple and priesthood did not have a tradition of vestal virgins neither did the royal house so there couldn't have been such a tradition for Him to follow. His royal heritage didn't compel Him because it was not in ascendancy to any throne at the time and He had no ambition to the earthly thrones of His time.

Pregnancy before marriage was a no-no in Jewish culture that is why Joseph wanted to put Mary away.

First, jesus would not have been called rabbi of he was not officially ordained as such. Its not a nickname.

Second, how do you arrive at the assertion that the jewish temple and priesthood did not have vestal virgins? You have already admitted that you do not know jewish traditions, so how did you come to this conclusion?

Third,read the gospels without religious veil , you will see that it was mostly about dynastic politics.

Jesus was born as heir to a royal dynasty,albeit, in a kingdom under the occupation of imperial Rome . It was not a matter of choice or ambition.

For a dynastic family, marriage was compulsory at a certain age, pregnancy of the bride was required prior to the consumation of the final marriage rites.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by k2039: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

First, I dont give a sh..t about your apostle paul. He had no relationship with Jesus and he was certainly not from jesus blood line.
You should ask him.

That she was a pros.titute is exactly what the neurotic church fathers wanted you to think so that they could hold claim to be the sole inheritors of apostolic authority.

Your gospel says in plain language that there was a disciple whom jesus loved. Its very wierd that you can imagine this apostle to be john, a man, but not mary, a woman.

Was Jesus a catholic priest who prefer the bottoms of young lads instead of the soft bossoms of maidens or wives?

ANOTHER ATHEIST
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by Callotti: 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
How could he have been married. . .considering 'the way, the truth and the life' by which he was born? tongue
Like MOST CHRISTIANS, he could never have been married. . .because the of the only true love of GOD. . .even in the bedroom!
He would have been divorced like 2times like 'Pastor Chris Okotie' or slapping his wife like the good 'Oyedepo' for witchcraft! grin

Christians do not make good spouses. . .Bless my darling husband's heart.
His Christian madness does not 'drrrrrrrrrrrrress' near moi! grin
How can a grown man with 'flowing-gowns'. . .no underwear. . .be roaming around with 12 other men aka 'disciples' be married? cheesy
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by CrazyMan(m): 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton: First, remember that those who arrogated to the apostolic authority to the church of rome also edited and redacted the gospels to suit their agendas.Agendas that became more political than religious.
Are you referring to the Da Vinci Code?

You must understand that The Da Vinci Code significantly misrepresents Mary Magdalene.

When people don't respect the Bible, they rarely study it carefully. As a result, almost invariably they misunderstand and misuse it. This is the case with Brown of The Da Vinci Code.

If you have other theories about Jesus being married, prove it.

plaetton: Mary magdalene was not a LovePeddler. She was deliberately maligned in order to obsfuscate the very issue that were are currently discussing.
She was headache for the early church fathers. Calling her a LovePeddler was a smart and convenient way to get her role and importance out of the way.
Interesting...but she didn't hold any high moral..the bible referred to her as a sinner whom Jesus casted seven demons from. Now tell me...can Jesus marry such a woman? Jesus saw her a frustrated and troubled woman who needed help that's all.

plaetton: now ask yourself, how and why, in those days, a poor LovePeddler would obtain very expensive oil to annoint jesus? What would have been the purpose of the so-called annoitment and what power of grace did she have to annoint anyone.
Where she got the money to purchase the oil is relevant...the lesson here is that she was obsessed with Jesus. I don't need to begin explaining the power of obsession.

A person possessed by the spirit of obsession is capable of anything. Provided it brings satisfaction to whatever their heart desires.

plaetton: Ask youself, could the annointing with expensive oil have been some kind of rite or ritual, perhaps a marriage rite?
Ask yourself again, how possible it would have been for an umarried lady to have been allowed to follow jesus and his entourage everywhere.
Let me put the passage for you...its obvious you don't really understand it.

[b] [Luke 7:37-50.  And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, 38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner. 40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on. 41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? 43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. 44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. 49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? 50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace. [/b]

Take your time to read it, and I believe you'll understand that story much better.

plaetton: In the gospel of John, there are numerous references to " the disciple whom Jesus loved".
So you think Jesus was just too busy to love? Too busy to eat and sleep too?
its obvious John was Jesus most loved disciple...if you take your time to read the bible properly, you'll see that John accompanied Jesus in almost everywhere he went. The bible also referred to him as John the beloved...or the disciple whom Jesus loved
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

First, jesus would not have been called rabbi of he was not officially ordained as such. Its not a nickname.

Second, how do you arrive at the assertion that the jewish temple and priesthood did not have vestal virgins? You have already admitted that you do not know jewish traditions, so how did you come to this conclusion?

Third,read the gospels without religious veil , you will see that it was mostly about dynastic politics.

Jesus was born as heir to a royal dynasty,albeit, in a kingdom under the occupation of imperial Rome . It was not a matter of choice or ambition.

For a dynastic family, marriage was compulsory at a certain age, pregnancy of the bride was required prior to the consumation of the final marriage rites.

Where are you getting your information from? I am basing my submissions on the books of the old testament which is the foundation of Jewish tradition. Where in there is the concept of vestal virgins or of premarital pregnancy?

My knowledge of Jewish tradition is not much which is why I said what I know of Jewish traditions. Rabbi means teacher and is not an official title at least not in His case. For Him to have been officially a Rabbi He would have had to have been associated to particular synagogue which is not evident in His case. And if it was He could have chosen celibacy which was not unheard off.

Jesus Himself said He had no ambition to the throne even when people came to make Him declare Himself as the Expected Heir He made Himself scarce.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
^^^
You have been very objective and I appreciate.
There are many more books that are not part of the christian cannons.

Are you assuming that all aspects of ancient jewish life and traditions must be in the old testament? Just ask a jew.

Rabbi doesn't just mean teacher. A rabbi is an ordained and dedicated priest. a spiritual guide. A rabbi is also a custodian and in most times,an interpreter of jewish law and tradition.
It is not a name you just tag onto someone.

If jesus was called a rabbi, then he was most certainly all of the above.

As per pre-marital pregnancy, pls understand that what i said was the bride in a dynastic marriage, not all brides, had to be pregnant after commencement of the initial marriage rites , but before, the final rites of marriage.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
CrazyMan:
Are you referring to the Da Vinci Code?

You must understand that The Da Vinci Code significantly misrepresents Mary Magdalene.

When people don't respect the Bible, they rarely study it carefully. As a result, almost invariably they misunderstand and misuse it. This is the case with Brown of The Da Vinci Code.

If you have other theories about Jesus being married, prove it.

Interesting...but she didn't hold any high moral..the bible referred to her as a sinner whom Jesus casted seven demons from. Now tell me...can Jesus marry such a woman? Jesus saw her a frustrated and troubled woman who needed help that's all.

Where she got the money to purchase the oil is relevant...the lesson here is that she was obsessed with Jesus. I don't need to begin explaining the power of obsession.

A person possessed by the spirit of obsession is capable of anything. Provided it brings satisfaction to whatever their heart desires.

Let me put the passage for you...its obvious you don't really understand it.

[b] [Luke 7:37-50.  And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, 38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner. 40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on. 41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? 43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. 44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. 49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? 50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace. [/b]

Take your time to read it, and I believe you'll understand that story much better.

its obvious John was Jesus most loved disciple...if you take your time to read the bible properly, you'll see that John accompanied Jesus in almost everywhere he went. The bible also referred to him as John the beloved...or the disciple whom Jesus loved

What am saying has nothing to do with your davinci code. I only made reference to in response to another poster.

I have not read the book but I saw the movie and thee was no reference to mary magdalene in the movie.

As for the above passage in red. Where does it say that the woman in question was mary Magdalene?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by CrazyMan(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton: What am saying has nothing to do with your davinci code. I only made reference to in response to another poster.

I have not read the book but I saw the movie and thee was no reference to mary magdalene in the movie.

As for the above passage in red. Where does it say that the woman in question was mary Magdalene?
The four gospel books all have similar account of Jesus.

Though some might not really specify characters the way you feel the should do...however, if you take your time to look at it properly, you would notice that they all point towards the same direction.

Open your bible for further clarification. I can't start posting the Mary account according to four books (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) here.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by Delafruita(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton:

What am saying has nothing to do with your davinci code. I only made reference to in response to another poster.

no reference to mary magdalene in da vinci code?you need to watch it again.the entire movie revolved around mary magdalene.there is no da vinci code without mary magdalene.

however,it was fiction.jesus never married for no other reason than because there never existed a man named yeshwa bar josephus a.k.a the christ,
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
Delafruita:
no reference to mary magdalene in da vinci code?you need to watch it again.the entire movie revolved around mary magdalene.there is no da vinci code without mary magdalene.

however,it was fiction.jesus never married for no other reason than because there never existed a man named yeshwa bar josephus a.k.a the christ,

I know the whole plot revolved around the the bloodline of jesus, but I cannot remember any specific mention of mary magdalene.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
CrazyMan:
The four gospel books all have similar account of Jesus.

Though some might not really specify characters the way you feel the should do...however, if you take your time to look at it properly, you would notice that they all point towards the same direction.

Open your bible for further clarification. I can't start posting the Mary account according to four books (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) here.

I have no idea of what you are talking about. Further clarification of what?

The gospels did not say that jesus mas married, neither did they say that he was not. what we are left with are anectodal evidence that point to the fact it would have been impossible for him not to have been married.
looking at it from a non scriptural vantage point, that is clearly what I see.Given the history of selection,revisions,editing and redacting that has characterized the bible over the two millenia, I am inclined to suspect that many parts of jesus life, especially his family life, have been deliberately taken out of the scriptures , first, in order validate or not to diminish the divinity of Jesus, and second, in order to accept the church of rome as the sole heir of the apostolic authority of jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES / What Is The Meaning Of IJN? / The Day Pastor Adeboye Proved Himself To Be A False Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.