Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? (3321 Views)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / COULD JESUS HAVE PLANNED MY DOWNFALL MY STORY URGENT ADVISE NEEDED / Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 3:55am On Sep 17, 2012
plaetton:

Ha ha ha.
The so-called thieves are not related to the question of whether jesus was married or not.
In pondering whether Jesus was married or not, the wedding at Cana offers tantalizing pieces of information that Can be stitched together to form a theory, a compelling one, but only a theory.

You dont have to agree with me.
Infact,I would be shocked if you did .
I just want you to understand where I am coming from.

Ok if you say so.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by Ayomivic(m): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2012
plaetton:

First, remember that those who arrogated to the apostolic authority to the church of rome also edited and redacted the gospels to suit their agendas.Agendas that became more political than religious.

Mary magdalene was not a prostitute. She was deliberately maligned in order to obsfuscate the very issue that were are currently discussing.
She was headache for the early church fathers. Calling her a prostitute was a smart and convenient way to get her role and importance out of the way.

now ask yourself, how and why, in those days, a poor prostitute would obtain very expensive oil to annoint jesus? What would have been the purpose of the so-called annoitment and what power of grace did she have to annoint anyone.

Ask youself, could the annointing with expensive oil have been some kind of rite or ritual, perhaps a marriage rite?
Ask yourself again, how possible it would have been for an umarried lady to have been allowed to follow jesus and his entourage everywhere.

In the gospel of John, there are numerous references to " the disciple whom Jesus loved".
So you think Jesus was just too busy to love? Too busy to eat and sleep too?
Satan had dominated all of your thought. May God deliver you.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ayomivic:
Satan had dominated all of your thought. May God deliver you.

I take that as a compliment. I must have said something right.

grin
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
plaetton: ^^^^^^
Yes indeed.
The Vatican has several miles of underground libraries whose books will never see the light of day.
Why?
What can be so secret about the wonderful and simple words of god and the wonderful story of his incarnation on earth?

secret knowledge is more power and understanding of the universe. Since we dont have that,we know nothing. Isn't it obvious jesus's stories are nothing but fraudulent? If we were created in the image of the gods,what exactly do they look like?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=8pt][b]News Flash! New discovery may prove that Jesus was married.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jesus-had-wife-newly-discovered-gospel-suggests-202727064.html

Lord Reed, Anony, Ihedinobi, Ijawkid and others.

You guys must be running for cover right now.
I'm waiting to see how you refute these findings or how you are going to twist and spin it.
That the problem reaching a conclusion before you have the facts.
The facts come back to bite you in the bumbum.

He he heh. cheesy grin tongue
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
Attention moderators.

This topic is in the news right now.
I think its appropriate that you kindly bump this thread to the front page.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by ijawkid(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton: [size=8pt][b]News Flash! New discovery may prove that Jesus was married.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jesus-had-wife-newly-discovered-gospel-suggests-202727064.html

I'm waiting to see how you refute these findings or how you are going to twist and spin it.

That whole finding is a hoax......

It is said the above information can be probed...

So wait until its debunked..:-).....
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
ijawkid:

That whole finding is a hoax......

It is said the above information can be probed...

So wait until its debunked..:-).....

Interesting indeed. So you are going to remain mum until it is debunked? Who or how do you hope to debunk it?
What if it is not debunked?
Do you agree that you are a hostage to your beliefs?
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by tpia5: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
garhree!!!!
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by ijawkid(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton:

Interesting indeed. So you are going to remain mum until it is debunked? Who or how do you hope to debunk it?
What if it is not debunked?
Do you agree that you are a hostage to your beliefs?

It will soon....I'm working on it
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 12:08am On Sep 20, 2012
plaetton: [size=8pt][b]News Flash! New discovery may prove that Jesus was married.

Relax man, don't get your knickers in a twist yet.

Google: critics scrutinize claim that jesus had a wife

Or read:

m.phys.org/news/2012-09-harvard-jesus-wife-papyrus-scrutinized.html (mobile site because I am replying from my phone)
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by plaetton: 3:58am On Sep 20, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Relax man, don't get your knickers in a twist yet.

Google: critics scrutinize claim that jesus had a wife

Or read:

m.phys.org/news/2012-09-harvard-jesus-wife-papyrus-scrutinized.html (mobile site because I am replying from my phone)

It is very interesting that when it comes to contradictions in the bible, you guys cling on to faith as being superior to reason. I have been told many times by christians on NL that only through strong faith would I be able to understand scriptures.

But now that you are faced with facts, you are desperately looking for critics to employ reason to undermine,debunk , and diminish the evidenciary value of the newly discovered manuscript.
Ha ha ha.

Cling to faith and block reason when it suits you, and then invoke reason and critical analysis when evidence threatens to nullify your faith.
So you guys always want to eat your cake and have it.
Na wa.

But let me ask you, why does the very idea that Jesus must have been married repulse you and all other christians?
Is is ok for Jesus to love a man(the disciple whom Jesus loved), as you guys want to claim, but not ok for Jesus to love a woman, possible a wife?
Pls make me understand this.
Re: Was Jesus, Or Could Jesus Have Been Married? by LordReed(m): 4:41am On Sep 20, 2012
plaetton:

It is very interesting that when it comes to contradictions in the bible, you guys cling on to faith as being superior to reason. I have been told many times by christians on NL that only through strong faith would I be able to understand scriptures.

But now that you are faced with facts, you are desperately looking for critics to employ reason to undermine,debunk , and diminish the evidenciary value of the newly discovered manuscript.
Ha ha ha.

Cling to faith and block reason when it suits you, and then invoke reason and critical analysis when evidence threatens to nullify your faith.
So you guys always want to eat your cake and have it.
Na wa.

But let me ask you, why does the very idea that Jesus must have been married repulse you and all other christians?
Is is ok for Jesus to love a man(the disciple whom Jesus loved), as you guys want to claim, but not ok for Jesus to love a woman, possible a wife?
Pls make me understand this.

You seem to want to mock us which ever way we go. Why is that? Does it not speak more of your own bias than about us?
Was it at gunpoint the debunking critic said what he said? Are the people debunking it not fellow academics? Did the lady who brought this to the fore not say she was open to criticisms from her colleagues? Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

Mary and Martha were women in who's company Jesus was to be found and even it was said He loved them both and their brother Lazarus (John 11:5). What is strange about Jesus having a friendly affection for a disciple? Do you not have "main" guys? Does that make you a homosexual or what ever it is you insinuate about this situation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Strength In Knowledge / A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES / Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.