Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,500 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 (809 Views)

How Can We Relate And Justify This? 1 Kings 17: 12-13 / The God Challenge: 1 Kings 18 Revisited / Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 by danwo: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
"My little finger shall be thicker than my father's . . ."

This is an advice offered to King Solomon's son (i.e. Rehoboam) to say.

Why or what is the significance of the reference to King Solomon's appendage?

What are the advisers implying concerning King Solomon?

Which of the translations is closest to the original text considering some translators attempt at trying spare blushes or clean up the bible.
Re: Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
Literalist .....It is so required where the context says. grin grin grin

Good morning brother......Enjoy the weekend in the loving Grace of our dearest Father.
Re: Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 by danwo: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2012
Goshen360:

Literalist .....It is so required where the context says. grin grin grin

Good morning brother......

Enjoy the weekend in the loving Grace of our dearest Father.

@Goshen360

Atten-shun! Salute!!

I throwe salute ooo

Make I stand at ease?

Wetin you chop remain for us to take enjoy the weekend with now. Hmm?
Re: Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 by Goshen360(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
^^^Big bros.....your boi dey here dey open mouth so that the Lord will fill it...... grin grin grin

I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
Psalm 81:10 Kjv
Re: Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 by seyibrown(f): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
danwo: "My little finger shall be thicker than my father's . . ."

This is an advice offered to King Solomon's son (i.e. Rehoboam) to say.

Why or what is the significance of the reference to King Solomon's appendage?

What are the advisers implying concerning King Solomon?

Which of the translations is closest to the original text considering some translators attempt at trying spare blushes or clean up the bible.

Had a quick look at several versions and can only see 'Loins' and 'Waist'. What 'version' are you referencing? smiley
Re: Bible Literalists - Re:1 Kings 12:10 by danwo: 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
seyibrown:

Had a quick look at several versions and can only see 'Loins' and 'Waist'.

What 'version' are you referencing? smiley

@seyibrown

All versions, all versions seyibrown as I usually do

You've probably now figured why I went engaging bible literalists

PS: There is a lesson/message over/on the advice, adviser(s) and Rehoboam's gumption.

(1) (Reply)

Which Religion Will Satan Be Comfortable With if Forced to Choose / Yahoo Yahoo Mail I Received From A Nigerian "Pastor" / The Mirror Principle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.