Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido (25609 Views)

Akpabio Advises Losers Of 2015 Polls Against Wasting Their Money On Tribunals / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by billante(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
*I am improving the efficiency of the banking system and currency operations.

**Is it popular? I don’t know and frankly don’t care.

**I have a job to do and will do it.

**If I am the target of criticism by Nigerians, they are wasting their time

This is the latest response from the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on his intended introduction of N5,000 notes and why he will not back down on the policy, irrespective of its unpopularity and rejection by Nigerians.

“My job is to do my best in whatever circumstanceI find myself. I did not choose this time to be CBN governor. If we have fiscal leakages and reserves are crashing and naira weakening I have to tighten naira supply. Interest rates go up everyone attacks SLS. But you can have low rates with high inflation, a weak naira and no reserve buffers. You can’t eat your cake and have it. I am improving the efficiency of the banking system and currency operations. Is it popular? I don’t know and frankly don’t care. I have a job to do and will do it.

The problem is that the CBN is the only institution doing anything. Roads are not being built. We have no new airports. No progess on new power plants. No rail lines. So every time we do something all hell breaks loose.

Governance is not about seeking popularity. The only thing that will stop this is a solid argument proving that the costs outweigh the benefits. But when people start fabricating falsehood such as those claiming a bill of N40b for new notes they obviously are not interested in the nation or policybut have other targets.
If I am the target I wish them luck. But they are wasting their time”. – Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/15/introduction-n5000-note-nigerians-wasting-time-sanusi-lamido/

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by billante(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
Na wetin CBN autonomy dey cause!! He is acting like a president! Even GEJ can't query or stop him easily.

4 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by GARRIx7(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
The Man in the picture looks so hungry... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Our CBN governor should help him out... sad sad sad sad

6 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by GARRIx7(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
billante: Na wetin CBN autonomy dey cause!! He is acting like a president! Even GEJ can't query or stop him easily.
Who is AUTONOMY

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by k2039: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
billante: *I am improving the efficiency of the banking system and currency operations.

**Is it popular? I don’t know and frankly don’t care.

**I have a job to do and will do it.

**If I am the target of criticism by Nigerians, they are wasting their time

This is the latest response from the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on his intended introduction of N5,000 notes and why he will not back down on the policy, irrespective of its unpopularity and rejection by Nigerians.

“My job is to do my best in whatever circumstanceI find myself. I did not choose this time to be CBN governor. If we have fiscal leakages and reserves are crashing and naira weakening I have to tighten naira supply. Interest rates go up everyone attacks SLS. But you can have low rates with high inflation, a weak naira and no reserve buffers. You can’t eat your cake and have it. I am improving the efficiency of the banking system and currency operations. Is it popular? I don’t know and frankly don’t care. I have a job to do and will do it.

The problem is that the CBN is the only institution doing anything. Roads are not being built. We have no new airports. No progess on new power plants. No rail lines. So every time we do something all hell breaks loose.

Governance is not about seeking popularity. The only thing that will stop this is a solid argument proving that the costs outweigh the benefits. But when people start fabricating falsehood such as those claiming a bill of N40b for new notes they obviously are not interested in the nation or policybut have other targets.

If I am the target I wish them luck. [size=18pt]But they are wasting their time”. – [/size]Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/15/introduction-n5000-note-nigerians-wasting-time-sanusi-lamido/

[size=18pt]GBAM[/size]
SLS,YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT.
“When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.” William Blake

[size=13pt]
“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.” Gustave Le Bon,
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ghettodreamz(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
Him de craze oooo, which kind foolish autonomy. Governor of CBN or whatever, it's Nigeria we are talking about here, without the Nigeria people what is CBN and who is Lamido himself? Apari grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by PhysicsQED(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/821750_Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi_jpgd7f4b1946fe00e56d3dcc41ebe7744dd[/img]

Why is this man's forehead so wrinkly? He's only 51.

Every time I come across a picture of his overly wrinkled forehead I cringe a little.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by esere826: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/821750_Sanusi-Lamido-Sanusi_jpgd7f4b1946fe00e56d3dcc41ebe7744dd[/img]

Why is this man's forehead so wrinkly? He's only 51.

Every time I come across a picture of his overly wrinkled forehead I cringe a little

grin you know what I'm thinking. Experience

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by PhysicsQED(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
^^^
I don't get it. What do you mean?
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by PhysicsQED(m): 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
I doubt anyone can find a picture of a 50 year old black man from anywhere in the world whose forehead is that wrinkled. You'd probably have to find someone in their 70s or 80s at least.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by esere826: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
Your age range wink
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by PhysicsQED(m): 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
esere826: Your age range wink

Are you serious? undecided I'm probably younger than you.

"Only 51" in that context doesn't mean 51 is actually young. It means 51 is too young for him to have such a wrinkly forehead. Sanusi is more than twice my age but the lines on his forehead are more like what you'd see on a man four times my age.

2 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by esere826: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED: I doubt anyone can find a picture of a 50 year old black man from anywhere in the world whose forehead is that wrinkled. You'd probably have to find someone in their 70s or 80s at least.

In Nigeria, many of have 2 ages. The first is official, the other is the real one. So just place him between 55 to 65, and you might be correct

3 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by PhysicsQED(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
esere826:

In Nigeria, many of have 2 ages. The first is official, the other is the real one. So just place him between 55 to 65, and you might be correct

Well I took his age as what I saw it listed as in most places, but it's true that he might actually be older than what is officially listed.
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by slimming: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
Sanusi has become a god to himself.

3 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by esere826: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:

"Only 51" in that context doesn't mean 51 is actually young. It means 51 is too young for him to have such a wrinkly forehead. Sanusi is more than twice my age but the lines on his forehead are more like what you'd see on a man four times my age.

The underlying message is: Dude ur extremely brilliant wink
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Sealeddeal(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
This is the kind of person Nigeria need who doesnt care what fools will say.Sanusi is the man.

2 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by FrankC3: 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
I have my issues with Sanusi but if someone is nominated for a job and screened by our Senate and found worthy of such office, we should be gracious enough to let them DO THE JOB. The law has empowered this guy, by virtue of his office to take decisions that will advance the country economically and what he is doing is within the limit of his powers, so lets not do his job for him...let him do the job we put him there to do!!! This place is not a jungle.

4 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Horus(m): 1:49am On Sep 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWks6x_McWE

5000 naira note: Who has the final say?
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by ektbear: 3:05am On Sep 16, 2012
Suppose instead of introducing an N5000 note, he redenominates the currency, removing two zeros.

So you exchange N100 for a "new naira."

Would anyone be opposed to the latter?

So how can the latter be OK but introducing an N5k note be insane?

Are they not effectively the same thing?

4 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by cjrane: 4:05am On Sep 16, 2012
Sanusi is so wicked and arrogant

4 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2012
GARRI (x7):
The Man in the picture looks so hungry... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Our CBN governor should help him out... sad sad sad sad
you get sence at all? CBN look hungry? E be like say dem don mix amala with salad for u. Ode
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by DisGuy: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Suppose instead of introducing an N5000 note, he redenominates the currency, removing two zeros.

we are well known for being hypocrite or knowingly ignorant!!!

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Suppose instead of introducing an N5000 note, he redenominates the currency, removing two zeros.

Are these not the same people who shouted no when Soludo wanted to re denominate the currency? Now they want re denomination.

3 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by mbhs139(m): 9:30am On Sep 16, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Them this idiots don change the topic
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by DisGuy: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2012
I reckon if it was Soludo proposing this idea, it would be the best thing since slice bread!!
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: I doubt anyone can find a picture of a 50 year old black man from anywhere in the world whose forehead is that wrinkled. You'd probably have to find someone in their 70s or 80s at least.

Whats this?
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by segunfunmi(f): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2012
JUST LEAVE HIM
,TIME WILL TELL

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by 377: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2012
He is an educated nd foolish economist all these cattle rearers that doesnt no anything.

1 Like

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by werepeLeri: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2012
segunfunmi: JUST LEAVE HIM
,TIME WILL TELL

tell wetin?
Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by omotofine2: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2012
How and y shld sanusi impose on us is he ok at all?watz the meaning of we r wasting our time this is why i keep saying we are having a false democracy if we can't say wat we want and get it done that way then this is rubbish democracy

4 Likes

Re: Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido by mbhs139(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2012
Frank-C:
I have my issues with Sanusi but if someone is nominated for a job and screened by our Senate and found worthy of such office, we should be gracious enough to let them DO THE JOB. The law has empowered this guy, by virtue of his office to take decisions that will advance the country economically and what he is doing is within the limit of his powers, so lets not do his job for him...let him do the job we put him there to do!!! This place is not a jungle.

Yeah! You have a point there. And I was about saying the same thing.

Let me just add that later in life, posterity will judge him.

Quiet frankly, I don't have issues with the N5000 thing but the redinomination of some currencies to coins. That's where I see some infractions. We all have the experience with N1 and K50. That's my fear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust / Between Adeosun’s Forged NYSC Certificate And Ayodele James’ Fake ICAN Cert. / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.