Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,762 members, 7,865,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You (929 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Real Truth Your Pastor May Never Tell You About Tithes / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
It appears some church leaders are ignorantly and arrogantly leading their followers to hell by trying to avoid and skip some crucial Bible passages for reasons best known to them..
I wish wecould share those Bible passages. Remember your pastor won't stand for you on that day, not even your lawyer!
HERE are some examples:

Matthew 23

1: Then Jesus said to the crowds,

2: You would think these Jewish leaders and these pharisees were Moses, the way they keep making up so many laws.

3: And of course you should obey thier their every whim! It may be all alright to do what they say, but above anything else, don't follow their example. For they don't do what they tell you to do.

4: They load you with impossible demands that they themselves don't even try to keep.

5: Everything they do is done for show. They act holy by wearing on their arms little prayers boxes with Scripture verses inside and by lengthening the memorial fringes of thier robes.

6: And how they love to sit at the head table at banquets, and in the reserved pews in the synagogue!

7: How they enjoy the deference paid them in streets and to be called 'Rabbi' and 'Master'! (papa, daddy)

8: Don't ever let anyone call you that. For only God is your Rabbi and all of you are on the same level as brothers.

9: And don't address anyone here on earth as father for only God in heaven should be addressed like that.

10: And don't be called Master for only one is your Master even the Messiah.

Mattew 24: 48
"But if you are evil and say to yourself ,My Lord won't be coming for a while and begin oppressing your fellow servant, party and getting drunk. Your Lord will arrive unannounced and unexpected and severely whip you and send you off to the judgement of the hypocrites;there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by OmoAlata(f): 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
Acidosis:
9: And don't address anyone here on earth as father for only God in heaven should be addressed like that.

I've just told hubby that the kids will be addressing him by his name from hence grin
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
^ ^ lol
God recognises our earthly fathers.
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
Jeremiah 4
The words of Prophet Jeremiah to the people of Israel

IN VERSE 30
"Why do you put on your most beautiful clothing and jewelry and brighten your eyes with mascara? It will do you no good! Your allies despise you and will kill you.
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mattew 23:23

"Yes, woe upon you,Pharisees,and you other religious leaders- hypocrites! For you tithe down to the last mint leaf in the garden,but ignore the important things-justice and mercy and faith. Yes, you should tithe, but you shouldn't leave the more imortant things undone."
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
Dat am sexy... grin
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
Idowuogbo: Dat am sexy... grin
lmao. . .
I know you're sexy, okay.
I can always tell you that.. .. not your pastor.
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
Acidosis:
lmao. . .
I know you're sexy, okay.
I can always tell you that.. .. not your pastor.
Hehehe!
*blushing*
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Hehehe!
*blushing*
..am good @ telling lies you know.. grin grin
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
Acidosis:
lol...classic. I noticed that too..
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Acidosis:
1-0 angry
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
1-0 angry
if you keep on frowning that way, you will gather more wrinkles than the oldest man on earth...so quit it, switie.
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
1-0 angry
give me that smile again pls. I was just trying to put smiles on the faces of our viewers.
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
Maria-G:
if you keep on frowning that way, you will gather more wrinkles than the oldest man on earth...so quit it, switie.
lmao.. idowu, shey u hear?
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
Acidosis:
give me that smile again pls. I was just trying to put smiles on the faces of our viewers.
I go catch u na!
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Maria-G:
Old woman,Pls face front!
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
after you....c'mon switie
Re: Things Your Pastor May Not Tell You by Acidosis(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Harsh!

(1) (Reply)

You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) / How Often Do You Read The Bible!!!! / Family Prayers : Help, How Do I Handle This Delicately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.