Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business (1091 Views)

Courrier Plus (TNT) services Is Killing My Business / Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
I am a young teenager... A guy of 27 y!o... I was working in a popular restaurant few months ago as a purchaser. I am been paid 20k as salary but before the month end i can see over 60k which is illegal gain from the work i do. But didn't have anything to show in 3years. I never archieved anything. So i decided to stop the work because as a guy i hate stealing from my boss money. I have called my boss several times, told her abt the illegal gain but to my suprise my boss said she doesnt mind. She said i should over do it. So i continue my work with her... Scroll down to next page
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
After working for some months. I was able to gather 100k to start a phone bizness. So i left my comfort zone where i make up to 4k daily to start my own bizness. Now when i started the bizness it was a diffrient thing entirely. Every Area boy in that space where i sell phone want to go with a free phone. Thank God i was able to put an an end to that but not easy. No their leader which is the overall chairman of the whole mushin NURTW have started his own.. Whenever he by my phone he does not want to pay. If he pay for one he will take another one instantly . This man is very powerful in the whole of mushin and me as a person i did not have anyone but God. How do i stop this man frm doing this to me he rule at where i sell at mushin bus stop even the whole of mushin. How do i stop him
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by Excelboi(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
Relocate! As simple as that...
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by stagger: 1:00am On Sep 16, 2012
You need to become an alaye yourself. Most of those guys live off people's fear and fake reputation.

The day I broke the head and cut the neck bling of one notorious area boy called Amos in Nasarawa state was a day to remember. I was ready to import 50 boys from my village in the Niger Delta the very next day to further complicate the guy's life.

Not sure I can do that now though. Those days, my head was emitting smoke 24/7. Not anymore; I be family man now.
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2012
Maybe thats what i will do. I will need to relocate. Simple. But i will loose customers
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by 2sexy(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2012
stagger: You need to become an alaye yourself. Most of those guys live off people's fear and fake reputation.

The day I broke the head and cut the neck bling of one notorious area boy called Amos in Nasarawa state was a day to remember. I was ready to import 50 boys from my village in the Niger Delta the very next day to further complicate the guy's life.

Not sure I can do that now though. Those days, my head was emitting smoke 24/7. Not anymore; I be family man now.
KAI! Oga stagger, you don waka. Mhen, I hope to be at your level in a few years time as a business man.
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
To make it in life hard o
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by stpat1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
Awww I understand how you feel and how frustrating it can be when one finds himself in such a situation.
Well all hope is not lost, What I'll advice you is that outside the business period and environment, call him and pour you mind to him humbly and respectfully. Tell him the effect its having on the survival of your biz and I tell you he'll acknowledge the courtesy and change. I tell you. he'll even be the one to ensure no other riff-raff comes near you. This is the best approach to take as trying to be confrontational with him will only put you in the losing end.
There are always challenges is every biz and it takes only wisdom to tackle it. God help you.
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by ade101(m): 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
People face similar situation at ebute meta and isale eko too.The way you can ensure your safety is to walk up to him as a gentle man,explain how thing are difficult with the area-boys breathing down your neck everytime.Try to even exagerate it as much as you like,trust me on this,behind that cold heart,there is a silver lining,you just have to come up with the right speech to make him feel your situation.Finally,neva do all the talking without dropping some cash as a gift.At sunny land plaza where i once sold jeans wears for my brother,we always give the top area boy (alaye) festive stipends,mostly clothing gifts.There was a chrismas when my brother bought a lace worth about 50k for the guy.That way,none of the smaller guys dear touch or harass us while doing our biz.We even have his direct number which he gave us incase any of the guys try to pull a commando stunt,but i neva witnessed such,seems words has spread among the area boys that we belong to baba(as they used to address him)
Re: Please Read... Alaye Man Is Killing My Business by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2012
Thanks for your advice... But there's no way i can talk to him one on one. He never walk alone or sit alone. If i call his number his P.A will be the one to pick it.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Expose The Various Strategies Required To Make Money In Nigeria. / Free Ebook On Importation..................... Must Read / Businesses You Can Start In Nigeria With 50,000 Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.