Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. (9596 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120 / At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by fatdon2(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2012
THE fuel scarcity that rocked Abuja and some states across the country in the past few weeks seems to have hit Lagos.

In many fuel stations in Lagos State yesterday, long queues of vehicles were seen reportedly over fear that petrol would not be available in the next few days.

The imbroglio between marketers and the Federal Government over non-payment of petroleum subsidy to the former had sparked a strike that paralyzed Abuja.

The marketers gave the government two weeks to resolve the verification claims on those that collected money without supplying the product. They threatened to embark on a full scale strike if at the end the Federal Government fails to resolve the issue and pay them their outstanding.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fuel-scarcity-hits-lagos/
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by fatdon2(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2012

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by ebamma2(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Fuel scarcity in lagos city what a pity,when we are a oil rich city,
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2012
From the bolded below, it seems that there is no fuel scarcity, but fuel panic buying /hoarding. The title of this thread may be misleading.

fatdon2: THE fuel scarcity that rocked Abuja and some states across the country in the past few weeks seems to have hit Lagos.

In many fuel stations in Lagos State yesterday, long queues of vehicles were seen reportedly over fear that petrol would not be available in the next few days.

The imbroglio between marketers and the Federal Government over non-payment of petroleum subsidy to the former had sparked a strike that paralyzed Abuja.

The marketers gave the government two weeks to resolve the verification claims on those that collected money without supplying the product. They threatened to embark on a full scale strike if at the end the Federal Government fails to resolve the issue and pay them their outstanding.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fuel-scarcity-hits-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by xynerise: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2012
*playing Redemption Song by Bob Marley*
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by frankcimc(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2012
Na wow oo I hope this issue is taking care of soon. We cannot afford another round of fuel scarcity at this time.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2012
GenBuhari: From the bolded below, it seems that there is no fuel scarcity, but fuel panic buying /hoarding. The title of this thread may be misleading.

I don't think so because states like osun and oyo experienced fuel scarcity before it finally hit lagos.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by jcmi(f): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2012
Naija!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I comment my reserve.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by lawmani: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2012
I think it's panic buying. I got out this morning and saw a crazy queue, but when I saw it again at Mobil station at Lateef Jakande Rd, I quickly drove straight to gtb ATM, withdrew some cash and joined the queue!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by eledalo: 11:09am On Sep 16, 2012
Panic buying.

lawmani: I think it's panic buying. I got out this morning and saw a crazy queue, but when I saw it again at Mobil station at Lateef Jakande Rd, I quickly drove straight to gtb ATM, withdrew some cash and joined the queue!
Example of panic buying. Now people will see this topic, rush out and join queue.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by BUSHMAN1: 11:11am On Sep 16, 2012
DE JA VU
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by harlos: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2012
some of the petrol stations in alagbole/akute are not selling,maybe they are keeping it
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by otokx(m): 11:15am On Sep 16, 2012
That is how the thing started here in Port Harcourt 3 weeks ago and up till now there seems to be no relief. The good part though is that there is an alternative if you don't want to queue and that is at N120 a litre.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by ujukala: 11:15am On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2012
Not again,we can't afford this again in the 21st century...let it be resolved quickly.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by Pain(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2012
False Alarm!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by martin92(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2012
Sometimes i wonder which one the price increases faster, fuel or garri ?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by gistyinka(m): 11:30am On Sep 16, 2012
It like hell here in ibadan,about a week now
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 16, 2012
this is not true. on my way out this morning i bought fuel easily and counted more than 8 fstation that had no queue
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 16, 2012
very bad sign angry
No fuel here oh angry

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by linc2012: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2012
infact not only lagos......fuel scarcity is also hits IB.........

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos. by a1solution: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2012
These
are of the reason I wish first lady quick recovery from her illness.
If the first lady is around there wud not be anything like fuel scarcity
cos she wud assist her husband in thinking and planning. she is very
important forget the petroleum minister nd the rest. who say this is the
dumbest post let me hear you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' / Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads / Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson’s Wife Passes Away - Theimpulseng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.