Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads (9582 Views)

Photos When You Discover Dokpesi Received N2.5b And Your Dad Working At AIT Free / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
It is good that when our leaders are working, we should say so and encourage them. I saw first hand that Anambra state roads are now mostly tarred. It was not like that in the last few years.
Admitted they are not marked, but they are tarred. Speaking of marking, I wonder how expensive it is to mark roads!! undecided
Nevertheless, I saw smooth roads running round remote parts of Anambra state. I can boldly state that by the time he leaves office next year, he will be leaving behind a state with high accessibility. I can now drive round Anambra state without worrying much about bad roads. The most notable bad roads in Anambra now are the federal roads -Onitsha/Enugu, and Oba/Okigwe.

Maybe our next governor will only be marking roads! lol grin

Kudos Obi!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
Another point I want to make is that it seems our SE governors are now getting up and working (I don't know about Abia though, I will need proof). If the trend continues, umu nne m , I tell you guys that SE will be one of (if not the most) accessible region in Nigeria. Our governors are competing among themselves regarding who will outperform the other, and I am liking it. That is the type of competition I like. Let us support it!
After the competition, we the ordinary folks will reap the benefits of the competition.
May this type of competition continue unabated, Amen. grin

Gotta go now.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Afam4eva(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
You can't say a governor is working after alluding that it's mainly roads that he has built and those roads are roads connecting the country side.

I also want to believe that Peter Obi has done well in building rural roads even though these roads are camera shy. But that's not a reason whyy we should give him a pass mark. He's left other things unattended to. If Peter Obi was ruling an Ebonyi, i would have given him a pass mark but this is Anambra we're talking about and Anambra is not a state where you build roads and we'll see he has performed.

Really, i can't wait for Obi's tenure to be over so that a more ambitious governor will take over.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by ak47mann(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
okwute cheesy
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Paschal007: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Onlytruth: It is good that when our leaders are working, we should say so and encourage them. I saw first hand that Anambra state roads are now mostly tarred. It was not like that in the last few years.
Admitted they are not marked, but they are tarred. Speaking of marking, I wonder how expensive it is to mark roads!! undecided
Nevertheless, I saw smooth roads running round remote parts of Anambra state. I can boldly state that by the time he leaves office next year, he will be leaving behind a state with high accessibility. I can now drive round Anambra state without worrying much about bad roads. The most notable bad roads in Anambra now are the federal roads -Onitsha/Enugu, and Oba/Okigwe.

Kudos Obi!
How come no one is seeing this? Am not seeing any camera flashy roads at Awka
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
oga onlytruth i greet o
any pictures?
show us some picture abegi
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by KnowAll(m): 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
pictures will make sense!!
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by FreeGlobe(f): 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: You can't say a governor is working after alluding that it's mainly roads that he has built and those roads are roads connecting the country side.

I also want to believe that Peter Obi has done well in building rural roads even though these roads are camera shy. But that's not a reason whyy we should give him a pass mark. He's left other things unattended to. If Peter Obi was ruling an Ebonyi, i would have given him a pass mark but this is Anambra we're talking about and Anambra is not a state where you build roads and we'll see he has performed.

Really, i can't wait for Obi's tenure to be over so that a more ambitious governor will take over.
nuff said! that confused man is too petty to be a governor. the state is on lockdown. everybody is praying for his tenure to be over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: You can't say a governor is working after alluding that it's mainly roads that he has built and those roads are roads connecting the country side.

funny you are saying this because that is what ngige fans are hinging on for his return.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Wadeoye(m): 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Onlytruth: It is good that when our leaders are working, we should say so and encourage them. I saw first hand that Anambra state roads are now mostly tarred. It was not like that in the last few years.

Kudos Obi!

Can we some pictures of roads, hospitals and schools in Anambra?
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Aafulenu(f): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2013

wasnt it only roads that ngige did that u guys were using to shout ngige ngige up and down? nw obi has don his own and the story has changed.

btw, am nt an advocate of peter obi or any oda politician vos to me all of them are d same. but to imply that obi has don nothin for anambra states is misleading.

from what i have seen with my eyes, both roads, schools, hospitals, sanitation to name a few are good highlight of the obi's administtation. no previous administration/governor has done beta than obi. take it or leave it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by warrior01: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
Can any of these hypocrites name any former governor 'dead or alive' that did 1/4 of what Obi is presently doing in Anambra state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by ak47mann(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
peter is trying but he need to do more
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2013

^^^Afam nwanne, regarding the bolded- aren't we getting ahead of ourselves a bit?; they FIRST have to elect a more ambitious governor....only then can we raise our hopes.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2013
Paschal007: How come no one is seeing this? Am not seeing any camera flashy roads at Awka

^^^You remember Hans Christian Andersons' classic story of The Emperors New Clothes?; that's what's playing out here. wink

You're taking the role of the innocent/honest child in that story. smiley

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Now I'm f.ucking pissed...All of you who are here discrediting the man who has brought groudbreaking development in Anambra are bunch of "never do well" eediots! I will be back,dumbos.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:26am On Jan 11, 2013

You are sad and you will remain sad!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by MajeOfficial: 2:01am On Jan 11, 2013
Some pictures would be nice.
Anambra isn't a state were simply putting roads in will qualify. It's the economic nerve center of the southeast and south south, in reality it should look like a world capital because the combination of these two regions makes from a HUGH nation! This is where all of us get our supplies and products and where economic activity is king, roads aren't enough, especially if they're below world standards

Onitsha isn't a joke and should no longer be treated as one, it has the potential to rival Lagos in Africa, unmarked roads won't do the job.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:36am On Jan 11, 2013
[quote author=]Some pictures would be nice.
Anambra isn't a state were simply putting roads in will qualify. It's the economic nerve center of the southeast and south south, in reality it should look like a world capital because the combination of these two regions makes from a HUGH nation! This is where all of us get our supplies and products and where economic activity is king, roads aren't enough, especially if they're below world standards

Onitsha isn't a joke and should no longer be treated as one, it has the potential to rival Lagos in Africa, unmarked roads won't do the job. [/quote]

Let me tell you something you lots like to ignore....That Anambra is the comercial nerve center of the se doesn't mean there was a goverment presence there....Enugu was the state capital during the old Anambra state.....Before Peter Obi came to seat there was literaly no goverment presence in our state,no city planning or whatsoever! Anambra was ran and developed by bunch of not so educated Anambrarians. There was no road,no goverment lodge,no goverment secretariat,no law and order....Anambra was created out of the old Anambra and all the foundation that has been laid down all went to Enugu,while they fired all goverment workers of Anambra origin. After that we had some military administrators and Emeka Ezeife who couldn't sit down before they were removed. Anambra was forsaken,abandoned and dragged through the mud during the term of Ngige who constructed few roads and some ignorant ppl sang praises of him. Now fastforward six or seven yrs later; Today not only did Obi tarred the major roads in Anambra but he has connected all Anambra towns by road which has brought swift rulal development. Obi has reshaped the face of Anambra schools which has brought improved performances from students at waec and has also made an Anambrarian to emerge the best student at waec exams. The health system is not left out either; he has reconstructed most hospitals and built new ones.....I swear to God,if we should compare this man to any governor and list how much the get,what and how they used it you will agree with me that Obi is a visionary leader.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:40am On Jan 11, 2013
ak47mann: peter is trying but he need to do more

Nwanne,where was Anambra before Obi came in? Compare the old Anambra with what we have now and tell yourself the truth. There is nothing like "he is trying".....Peter Obi is an Omanbala Icon.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Afam4eva(m): 4:06am On Jan 11, 2013
asha 80:

funny you are saying this because that is what ngige fans are hinging on for his return.
I really didn't follow Ngige's administration but you have to consider the time Ngige spent there. The reason why some folks seem to be calling Ngige back is based on the fact that he did what he did in his very short stint as governor. Peter Obi on the other hand has spent 8 solid years and all he can show for it are rural roads.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 4:11am On Jan 11, 2013

Bros but I stated specifically that I was talking about roads, the ones I could see with my eyes. I also stated that the roads are not marked and wondered why.
But in general, Anambra state never had this much rural roads before now; that is the point I'm making.
If I didn't see these roads, I wouldn't even know that they have been tarred. If I were to go by Nairaland criticisms I would have thought that he didn't even build roads.

Personally I've been wondering why Anambra people here don't make stronger case in defense of this man despite his achievements, even if only roads, though I know he did more than roads.

Nna I can drive tarred roads from Onitsha all the way to my compound in Nnewi. If that is not achievement I wonder what is. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Igbogadi(m): 4:13am On Jan 11, 2013
Is good to hear that peter Obi tarred the major roads in Anambra, but isn’t what he was elected to do at the first place? One of the most important question to ask him is how many job has his administration has created? In general this how we should rate our governors, Roads, water and electricity are the basic things government should provide to is citizen.
Please don’t get me wrong fixing the roads is good but people also need a job to survive, if there is a job there will be a less crime on the street.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 4:15am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva:
I really didn't follow Ngige's administration but you have to consider the time Ngige spent there. The reason why some folks seem to be calling Ngige back is based on the fact that he did what he did in his very short stint as governor. Peter Obi on the other hand has spent 8 solid years and all he can show for it are rural roads.

I would have posted VIDEOS of the roads as I drove, but I don't know if I want to do that here.
I will try to post pictures clipped from the video later when I have time.

But I challenge any Anambra person here to post pictures of CURRENT roads in their villages or towns. That would help us mount pressure on the governor to continue his great job.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Afam4eva(m): 4:15am On Jan 11, 2013
warrior01: Can any of these hypocrites name any former governor 'dead or alive' that did 1/4 of what Obi is presently doing in Anambra state.
We need to rid ourselves of this mentality by always comparing current administrations to previous ones. We should focus on our dream for the state and not compare.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 4:17am On Jan 11, 2013
Igbo gadi: Is good to hear that peter Obi tarred the major roads in Anambra, but isn’t what he was elected to do at the first place? One of the most important question to ask him is how many job has his administration has created? In general this how we should rate our governors, Roads, water and electricity are the basic things government should provide to is citizen.
Please don’t get me wrong fixing the roads is good but people also need a job to survive, if there is a job there will be a less crime on the street.

I have always been under the impression that Anambra people are not too much hung up on "jobs". What we have always wanted or needed are GOOD ROADS AND ELECTRICITY.
We can create the jobs by ourselves. Governments don't create jobs anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Onlytruth(m): 4:22am On Jan 11, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Nwanne,where was Anambra before Obi came in? Compare the old Anambra with what we have now and tell yourself the truth. There is nothing like "he is trying".....Peter Obi is an Omanbala Icon.

Odenigbo Aroli ana m ekene! You have been vindicated. cheesy
Happy new year nwanne.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by Igbogadi(m): 4:24am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva:
We need to rid ourselves of this mentality by always comparing current administrations to previous ones. We should focus on our dream for the state and not compare.

Your right we should focus on our dreams. How to create jobs for our kids and build infrastructure in SE. We should challenge all our governors to emulate late Sam Mbakwe legacy and build industries.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by ihedioramma: 5:00am On Jan 11, 2013
THE ROADS IN HIS FATHERS HOME.
Re: Peter Obi Of Anambra State Is Working, At Least On Roads by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:29am On Jan 11, 2013
Onlytruth:

I have always been under the impression that Anambra people are not too much hung up on "jobs". What we have always wanted or needed are GOOD ROADS AND ELECTRICITY.
We can create the jobs by ourselves. Governments don't create jobs anyway.

Odogwu Anaedo,otekwaana aka ooo....Well,ama m na udo di.
On a serious note: Only a deceitful and a lying person will after studying Obi's groundbreaking performances open his mouth and criticize him. For goodness sake,we have to understand that this man started from scratch to something we can actually be proud of. Like I said before,you have to count one before two...we need good roads,law and order,good schools with vibrant and dedicated teachers,comprehensive water schemes,enabling environment for business to flourish like farming and small scale industries and all these are what Gov. Peter Obi has been trying to give to the Anambrarians. I,Odenigbo Aroli can never lie against a good man nor join parties to pull him down...Olisa ekwekwana....eziokwu bu ndu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today / Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.