Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East (21163 Views)

Water Scarcity Hits Calabar / Pics: When Boko Haram Is Coming To Attack The Last Fuel Station In Sambisa / Water Scarcity Hits Jonathan’s Otuoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2015
Just yesterday most south easterners were boasting that we would not experience scarcity. Many Noelle names were mentioned. Others bragged that we have hundreds of illegal refineries therefore scarcity would never hit us. Many said we were all so hard working and industries and had the brain to change water into fuel.

Fast forward to this morning. Awka capital of Anambra. I bought fuel two days ago at 140 per litre. Also two days ago half the filling stations in awka had fuel do I can understand why many of us developed that false sense of security. This morning I went out to buy real...

All those stations were closed down. There was just no fuel. It took me a thirty minutes drive round the city to find fuel. I finally found it close to the anambra/Enugu border. The queue was massive.

And the cost? 170 per. Relatively cheaper you'd say... Across the road another station was selling but at 200 per. I got a frantic call from a friend who told me he bought for 250 in some village off Awka. He had to travel all the way to that village to get fuel.

I asked a friend in asaba. He said they now buy for 240 but it's so damn hard to get.

Scarcity is hitting all of us. We in the South East should not brag about immunity. We are all doomed.

28 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by QuotaSystem: 12:45pm On May 25, 2015
Nna too much supply is blocking the pumps..artificial scarcity nwanne.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 25, 2015
I smell envy! children of hate wanting to saturate ill-luck

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by missKiffy(f): 12:49pm On May 25, 2015
Omo see Gobe, they can beat chest for Africa grin

22 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 12:50pm On May 25, 2015
ugojamali:
Just yesterday most south easterners were boasting that we would not experience scarcity. Many Noelle names were mentioned. Others bragged that we have hundreds of illegal refineries therefore scarcity would never hit us. Many said we were all so hard working and industries and had the brain to change water into fuel.

Fast forward to this morning. Awka capital of Anambra. I bought fuel two days ago at 140 per litre. Also two days ago half the filling stations in awka had fuel do I can understand why many of us developed that false sense of security. This morning I went out to buy real...

All those stations were closed down. There was just no fuel. It took me a thirty minutes drive round the city to find fuel. I finally found it close to the anambra/Enugu border. The queue was massive.

And the cost? 170 per. Relatively cheaper you'd say... Across the road another station was selling but at 200 per. I got a frantic call from a friend who told me he bought for 250 in some village off Awka. He had to travel all the way to that village to get fuel.

I asked a friend in asaba. He said they now buy for 240 but it's so damn hard to get.

Scarcity is hitting all of us. We in the South East should not brag about immunity. We are all doomed.
Who and who? Are you drunk?
Just a question..

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Nna too much supply is blocking the pumps..artificial scarcity nwanne.

grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by OduaVanguard: 12:53pm On May 25, 2015
missKiffy:

Na their mouthing up and down go finish Dem one day. Dem fit beat chest die!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by lecturerdabo(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2015
ugojamali:

pls buy that thing and keep shut, we are searching for it here at Abeokuta to buy even at 600 per litre. You finding it at about 30 minutes of driving is a good report

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by stabillo(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2015
Pls before MTN or AIRTEL shot down their whole mast because of fuel scarcity, cos as from tomorrow we are back to the 90's where we use letter's to communicate and NIPOST may not deliver my letter on time let me use dis medium to greet u merry christmas and happy new year in Advance, and by mistake u may get married before d network comes back happy married life in advance.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 12:56pm On May 25, 2015
Macelliot:

Who and who? Are you drunk?
Just a question..

Nigerians. All of us. Rich and poor. Celebrity and commoner. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.

You can exclude yourself if you like. But that means you either don't live in Nigeria or you live in a village where social amenities are not important.

13 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 25, 2015
lies. filling stations are still selling, just that they have been tacitly increasing the pump price which expected.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Na their mouthing up and down go finish Dem one day. Dem fit beat chest die!
Yorubas are the one known for chest-beating and noise makers... The likes of Fani-kayode, Okupe, fayose, Oba of Lagoon e.t.c

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 12:58pm On May 25, 2015
lecturerdabo:

pls buy that thing and keep shut, we are searching for it here at Abeokuta to buy even at 600 per litre. You finding it at about 30 minutes of driving is a good report

Relax boy. The point is... By tomorrow it may rise to even 500 here if u can see it. The point is not the price, but the scarcity.

6 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 12:59pm On May 25, 2015
ugojamali:

Nigerians. All of us. Rich and poor. Celebrity and commoner. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.

You can exclude yourself if you like. But that means you either don't live in Nigeria or you live in a village where social amenities are not important.
We are not doom....
It's just a challenge...
God help Us all....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 1:00pm On May 25, 2015
ugojamali:

THERE IS NO FUEL SCARCITY HERE IN THE EAST..

27 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Dollyak(f): 1:00pm On May 25, 2015
For it to hit the most well managed region in the country, then you know we have a problem. Nigeria ITS can not survive this for another week without the currency taking a heavy beating.

7 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by OduaVanguard: 1:00pm On May 25, 2015
Macelliot:

Yorubas are the one known for chest-beating and noise makers... The likes of Fani-kayode, Okupe, fayose e.t.c

If I hear? ? Those guys were GEJ mouthpieces -- they only hype GEJ and maybe themselves.

Talk true bro, we may be better than you guys at a lot of things but chest-beating surely isn't one of them!

15 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 1:00pm On May 25, 2015
ugojamali:

I don't Understand you..
There is fuel here...

16 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by flybiz08(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2015
When GEJ explained to Nigerians during his campaign that fuel queues had been averted during most of his tenure, they didn't fathom what he meant. Now he is out and the majority of the marketers supported the opposition during the elections. Now Nigerians will for once be grateful after this. Protests wont bring fuel but money, which I believe Nigeria does not have.

#diehardPDP

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2015
Macelliot:

We are not doom....
It's just a challenge...
God help Us all....

This is the biggest challenge since the civil war. Imagine what happens when the entire economy collapses. Nna nah back to the stone ages.
Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by RareDiamond: 1:01pm On May 25, 2015
IT IS ONLY YOU THAT IS DOOMED NOT THE IGBOS !!! OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT IGBO BUT AN EMPTY HEADED HAUSA OR MAYBE YORUBA. FUEL IN LAGOS SELLS FOR N350 PER LITER CURRENTLY, THAT IS IF IT IS AVAILABLE. THE SITUATION IN THE EAST IS NOT AS BAD AS IN THE WEST OR NORTH.

ugojamali:

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by theV0ice: 1:01pm On May 25, 2015
Really shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 1:02pm On May 25, 2015
Macelliot:

I don't Understand you..
There is fuel here...

Where?
Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by theV0ice: 1:02pm On May 25, 2015
RareDiamond:
IT IS ONLY YOU THAT IS DOOMED NOT THE IGBOS !!! OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT IGBO BUT AN EMPTY HEADED HAUSA OR MAYBE YORUBA. FUEL IN LAGOS SELLS FOR N350 PER LITER CURRENTLY, THAT IS IF IT IS AVAILABLE. THE SITUATION IN THE EAST IS NOT AS BAD AS IN THE WEST OR NORTH.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai!!!! i like this guy.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by superstar1(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2015
we told them it will hit them this week.

5 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2015
OduaVanguard:

If I hear? ? Those guys were GEJ mouthpieces -- they only hype GEJ and maybe themselves.

Talk true bro, we may be better than you guys at a lot of things but chest-beating surely isn't one of them!
Lai Muhammed, Oba Akiolu, e.t.c.
There is no Fuel Scarcity here... There's enough supply.. It's just the price...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by OduaVanguard: 1:04pm On May 25, 2015
flybiz08:
When GEJ explained to Nigerians during his campaign that fuel queues had been averted during most of his tenure, they didn't fathom what he meant. Now he is out and the majority of the marketers supported the opposition during the elections. Now Nigerians will for once be grateful after this. Protests wont bring fuel but money, which I believe Nigeria does not have.

#diehardPDP

Hello? ? ? GEJ is still the president o, last time I checked. So what do you mean by "now that he is out"? This scarcity is still his mess, he should clean it up fast coz APC won't take credit for it.

15 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 1:05pm On May 25, 2015
RareDiamond:

Boy if u don't understand the real situation of things then u won't. The entire nation has not had electricity for three days. Fuel is so scarce that you'd be lucky to find it. And most people can't afford to buy it at that cost. In a few days food prices will skyrocket. Telecoms may shut down.

Tell me again why you don't think that you're in trouble? Yes you!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Macelliot(m): 1:07pm On May 25, 2015
ugojamali:

Where?
Onitsha...

5 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Dollyak(f): 1:08pm On May 25, 2015
missKiffy:
The kind of attitude being shown here, is the reason why polticians are taking advantage of the citizens. Is this a funny matter?

3 Likes

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by Samchelsea(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2015
Anything from the S/east always give you guys sleepless nights that's why you've rushed to create this thread with your bullsh*t story.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East by ugojamali(m): 1:09pm On May 25, 2015
Macelliot:

Onitsha...

Really? You may be saying the truth. But it will surely hit Onitsha in a day or two. It has certainly hit awka. And it's not the price here but the availability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From President Buhari's Vsit To France / Lalong: Don’t Blame Herdsmen Alone, Farmers Also Carry AK-47 For Self-Defence / Facts About Ifeanyi Okowa Led Delta State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.