Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? (25394 Views)

What A Married Woman Did Because Of Money - Nigeriapulse.com / What's The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Ariyke: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
stillwater: Hmmm, nice topic. She can be a truck pusher. She's self employed and the hours are flexible.
realy?shocked u badt o
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Ariyke: 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
freecocoa: OP the best occupation is counting and keeping her husband's money.
*GBAM*
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
Head, Body Massage and Stomach Concerns Department. wink

Just kidding. It boils down to personal preference, financial status, roles, etc.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by kiviglomi: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
Do people on NL think at all? most of you sound like fools from one forest. If every married woman goes into petty trading, who will do the buying, if they decide to be house wives, you'll still come back complaining of how she is a liability and doing nothing. i sense threat....hmmmmm. please stop being foolish and wise up. she can do anything she wants to do and be whoever she wants to be, a wise woman knows exactly how to train her kids and manage her home despite all odds. shikina

3 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
Wrestler

or selling Paraga
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by megareal: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
Since when was it proper to pick a job for your wife? A woman can be anything, do anything and achieve anything as long as she is wise enough to create quality time for her family. She can control the job and not let the job control her.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by goofie: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
a woman cn do anything but i think a job as a free lance writer is cool. writing for diif magazines and also editing pples works.

if i ever find myself in a new place and wit no job, i'l fall back to writing
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by chii8(f): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
ifyalways: Housewife !!!

What else can a woman do but to cook, clean , nyash and born pikin?
i used 2 tink u knew beta....u jst lost a fan

2 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Cleverley(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hmmmm. . . A trader (boutique) in a busy street.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by freecocoa(f): 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
chii8: i used 2 tink u knew beta....u jst lost a fan
Why aren't you people seeing the sarcasm in her post?

Hian o.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by bukatyne(f): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
it's people like the OP via makes marriage seem like modern day slavery! have u forgotten that everyone has a purpose for which they are created? do you also know that the husband is more accountable to God on how the children turn out? do you think training a child is by being wit the child 2 4 7? check out the children of housewives and tell me if they are the best trained or you have not seen well trained kids who turn out to be terrible? pls for the love of God, if you want a woman who u can choose a job for, pick a secondary school gal from the village! don't marry a university graduates and after that kill her dreams and desires. training of children falls primarily to the husband so while you are @ it, tell me the best job for a married man!

6 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by alphaconde(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
I have asked myself this question and I resolved that the best job is teaching (primary nursery and secondary) do u know the benefits?
Work starts 8am and closes 2pm @ most
You have 1month holiday to your self after 3month term work
As a teacher u teach your kids and follow up their school work
Perhaps they attend your school where u teach.. Wow u look over them while you work.
Absence of sexual harassment,
No targets
No meetings aside yóur town
Inshort u get sufficient time with our family.
I hve advised my girlfriend to start thinking of it
My both parents were teachers and when other kids complained of not having their parents around I didn't bliv it cus all day my parents were always on sight cus our day starts and ends the same way
They also helped us to b brilliant

Been a nurse is also a good one but teaching tops for a married woman

Alpha conde

5 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by mediainspired: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
This shuld form an integral part of date conversatns durin courtship. 1st, ask her preference (mutual respect), den tell her ur thots (employin ur experience, foresight &insight as d one who'll be d head). Then reach a compromise, factoring in her skills, qualificatns, kids, time &distance (hers mostly cos she'll be d CHIEF homebuilder &wil need more time @home dan d man). So, no specific job per se. After all d 'maths' above, d answer specific to ur new family wil pop up. Goodluck!
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by chioma134: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
alpha conde: I have asked myself this question and I resolved that the best job is teaching (primary nursery and secondary) do u know the benefits?
Work starts 8am and closes 2pm @ most
You have 1month holiday to your self after 3month term work
As a teacher u teach your kids and follow up their school work
Perhaps they attend your school where u teach.. Wow u look over them while you work.
Absence of sexual harassment,
No targets
No meetings aside yóur town
Inshort u get sufficient time with our family.
I hve advised my girlfriend to start thinking of it
My both parents were teachers and when other kids complained of not having their parents around I didn't bliv it cus all day my parents were always on sight cus our day starts and ends the same way
They also helped us to b brilliant

Been a nurse is also a good one but teaching tops for a married woman

Alpha conde
Wow. I've also thought about it in the past and I think so too.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by chii8(f): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Am married wt two luvly kids n am also a grad;i teach n take care of my home as well,i luv my job too,although the pay is very small,buh i am happy it gives me time 4 my family.Pls if any1 has any idea of website free lance writer can go to,thanks in anticipatn
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by tunapawizzy: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pounding yam for her husband noni
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by chii8(f): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
freecocoa: Why aren't you people seeing the sarcasm in her post?

Hian o.
u think so?the things is some single ladies shy away 4rm marriage cos of this issues,n u think i shud c sarcasm in her post?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by TBankz(f): 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
She can do anything she wants to be, but not housewife.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Assonite(m): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
Banker...,marketing †̥ be precise grin
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by vanstanzy(m): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
ifyalways: Housewife !!!

What else can a woman do but to cook, clean , nyash and born pikin?

Seriously, are u a female or she/male? If this is ur plan it wont sail thru. In this day and age, no right-thinking man wants to marry a liability.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
Me thinks the most suitable is a job she enjoys,brings in money and gives her freedom.Gbam!!!
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by freecocoa(f): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
chii8: u think so?the things is some single ladies shy away 4rm marriage cos of this issues,n u think i shud c sarcasm in her post?
I don't think so but know so.

If you know ifyalways as well as you think you do on here then you should be able to see through that post of hers.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by vanstanzy(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
chii8: Am married wt two luvly kids n am also a grad;i teach n take care of my home as well,i luv my job too,although the pay is very small,buh i am happy it gives me time 4 my family.Pls if any1 has any idea of website free lance writer can go to,thanks in anticipatn

For ur question, try googling up "PAID TO WRITE and PAID TO SURVEY", the result u get can help. BEST OF LUCK!
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by free2ryhme: 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
destinedtee: Considering the marital responsibilities of a woman especially that of taking care of the kids and home generally.Which job do you think will suit her most so she can as well perform her matrimonial obligations.

Gossip! .. na talent wey fit become work if well developed grin grin grin
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
Blow..job
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by mykhel995: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
Wow, the men here on nairaland are odd o. So you expect your wife to stay idle till you, prince charming, come and tells her the best thing to do with her life. Any woman who at a marriageable age does not know what she wants to do with her life does not deserve to be married.

1 Like

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by cesil92: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ujujoan: While we are on that, someone please tell me what the most suitable job for a married man is . . . cool cool

Any job that can bring money to the family, keep food on the table, pay rents, buy B.B porsche for the woman, provide money for her Brazilian hair AND makes you/her stop raining abuses such as "GOOD FOR NOTHING, USELESS MAN" is just too suitable for a man.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by lurkee(f): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
It annoys me when people suggest that a married woman should start her own trading business. Not everybody wants to be a trader or own a saloon. A lot of people are happy salary earners.

Anyway I am an electrical engineer and will remain so even after marriage. There is no suitable job for a married woman, everyone has different ambitions and dreams. My own preference is to spend evenings and weekends with my family, during the day I will do whatever job I want while cleaners and cooks do the boring household duties for me.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by Curiouscity(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
She can be whatever she wants to be!! Her first and most rewarding job is being a best mom to her kids and best wify to the hubby.
It's personality that matters not her career. I had always dreamed of marrying a teacher until I met a lady teacher that was a female
version of "Agbero". Another female teacher who wouldn't even answer the daughter "Mummy what is 5+2?".After that I killed that dream!!
I worked in a bank with a "best mom", who tried her best to have lunch 2X a week with the hubby or kids. She wouldn't stay in the office beyond
6pm no matter what. She was very diligent and balances her Till as soon as possible.

So, @OP discover your woman and whatever career will be best for her!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by abbeywasc(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
Best job? Spending her husband's money as fast as he can make it.
Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by FindOut(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
''Government work''.

As in Civil Service (preferably state)

Why? She'll have enuf tym to take care of her kids at the begining, able to do part time MSc at school & still be efficient at work. In d begining, there's not so much to be done, & due to the fact that govt MDAs in Nigeria are almost always overstaffed, the multi-taskin is a lot easier.

By the time she's advancing, comin up to Asst. Director, HOD, Director level, (where d work load gets heavier & d hours longer), the kids would (ideally) have grown & as such have less need for their mum....probably they'll be in d boarding house or smthn sef.

By the time she becomes d head of an agency / even a Perm Sec (which can be possible if she distinguishes herself at work, & used her time wisely to improve her qualificatns), and she gets to spend almost 16 hrs at the office, the kids no go even send.lol. They'll probably be in Uni or may have even finished sef...maybe married. Hubby mite be complaining a bit tho, but by then, the marriage should have bn strong enough to withstand stuffs like that easily. Oh, & d perks attached to the position of P.S. / Head of an agency will make d long hours worth the effort cheesy

Not every civil servant gets to the top o, probably due to age (late entry into the service = retirement may come too early), skills & qualifications deficiency, or other reasons. But someone who is quite focused n qualified may get to the top early.

That said, me i fit marry any woman for any profession o, as long as she doesnt allow her career to overshadow her responsibilities at home, especially when the kids start arriving. Nanny or house elf (help smiley ) no go raise my pikin for me abeg. Their job no go pass assistance...if necessary.

1 Like

Re: The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? by armyofone(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
the most suitable is Trophy Wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child / Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.